User Tag List

Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast
Like Tree1265Likes

Thread: May Frugal Chat 2022

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Kitchen is clean and I put a load of laundry in the washer. Going to make myself a smoothie now and then go for a hike! I need to enjoy this sunshine!

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Afternoon Everyone,
    Happy Mother's Day to all of the Mothers.

Today did not go as planned but honestly I just have to laugh.

When I went to bed last night I was super sore but thought nothing of it until I woke up super sore. My hips were killing me.

I had planned to get up this morning and knock a bunch of things out. Nope, I got up and was super sore so I decided to just relax with a cup of tea and watch some Netflix. I had only planned to watch for a little bit but before I knew it I was 3 episodes in, opps.

Last night for dinner we pulled a Meatloaf from the freezer and made Mashed Potatoes, Mushroom Gravy, Sauteed Green Beans and a side Salad with a bunch of veggies I needed to use up. Some lettuce, Cucumber, Orange Pepper & Carrots.

Tonight Mom has requested pizza for Mother's Day dinner. I will go and prep all the toppings soon so we just have to make the dough and put the pizza together. I will have a Salad on the side as I still have lettuce to use up and will see what other veggies we have to use up. Although I might just make a Caesar Salad, there is something classic about Pizza with Caesar Salad.

Happy Sunday Everyone
    harbie, barbis9, lilo0003 and 1 others like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

What beautiful weather to be out in nature! I will make sure to bring my backpack next time. Easier to put water and keys in there and not worry about them.

Had 1/2 tank of gas so thought I should top up. Noticed it was higher at the other side of town and it was more when I was out of town yesterday. Ours is 184.9. Cost me $59. Ouch

Making lunch now. Burger with mushrooms, onions, lettuce and swiss cheese. Yum!!

Found bubble gum cookies at RCSS for .34 cents this morning. So gross! But I had to buy a box for my niece lol. Will put on top of her birthday gifts next month.

Trading Score
    203 (100%)

Bought $73.40 in groceries and paid $3.40 by using PC points, no coupons were used.

Now I’m going to have to make dinner with the house stocked up

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Happy mother day to all of the mothers!!!
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

@Frugalbigmama thanks so much I was in my RCSS today and every tear pad was stripped off.
    I did have great luck with flash food I bought spices for about 80% off a block of parm for a dollar and two decent boxes of produce, the lemons and baby potatoes alone would have cost more than 10.00 so for the moment Flashfood has redeemed themselves.
    harbie, JadeAngel, barbis9 and 2 others like this.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

barbis i have started knee exercises the past week along with walking 20 minutes a day if i could.

Well had a lovely weekend with my daughter and sebastian
    1. i rode her peleton for a 15 minute work out this morning ,she wanted me to try .Drinking ginger tea for the inflamation of my knee.
    2. We walked about 6,000 steps to and from a beautifull park in toronto "riverdale farm" all free and cute sebastian loved us spending time with them .Plus we had a cute vendor lunch hot dogs ,chicken finger and fries then topped it off with a softee cone (nana and papa treated)
    3. My daughter made a wonderfull pizza and lasagna last night with a mother's day cake she bought.
    The only dowenfall was took and hour and half to get there and 1 and a half to come home (crawling along this afternoon at 4.00 p.m just to get out of toronto.)

So nice to be home ,my dear son called me on his way to work to wish me happy mothers day .I will see them in a few days .
    Last edited by coupon girl; Mon, May 9th, 2022 at 08:16 AM.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Morning Everyone,
    Oh my, I slept so well last night, it was exactly what I needed. Hoping not to jinx it but if I could get a few more night like that it would be amazing.

I am really working on getting back on track this week. I have not been using my to-do-list like I should to keep myself on track. To be honest for a while they were stressing me out because instead of keeping me on track it felt more like they were showing me everything I did not get done. I realize 100% this was more of me, mental thing, it was where I was mentally at the time. I am feeling more like myself and hoping to get back on track.

Well I was making my breakfast this morning I did up the few hand dishes from last night. I have to admit when I looked at them last night it looked like there were a lot more. They are now done and the kitchen is ready for whatever comes it way today.

For breakfast I had a leftover waffle with some berries sauce, yum. We have some apple juice in the fridge from a recipe I made at Christmas, I used this to sweeten the berry sauce, such a great addition.

Not sure about dinner tonight, no craving, no ideas, I started a meal plan on the weekend but did not finish it. Hopefully a craving comes.

Happy Monday Everyone
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Trading Score
    203 (100%)

@coupon girl I don’t mean to medal in your business but just thought I’d share this. My dad has a very bad knee. He actually ended up having to use a cane to just walk from the chair to the bathroom etc. He we to the Dr. and was told he has arthritis and not much could be done except pain management. Not sure how he found out above these but he takes 2-3a day and he gave up the cane and walks normally now. Mind you he does still go to the local aquatic centre here and walks, stretches and relaxes his legs in the hot tub once a week but he’s able to walk cane free. He gets it at Costco.

Name:  5DA306D9-C3A4-4F18-87E9-BC5CDF91D2C0.jpeg
Views: 101
Size:  89.0 KB

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Good morning! Beautiful sunny day! Will get out to the water for a walk today for sure.

DS is treating me to Chinese for dinner tonight (it just happens to be his fav too )

Tidying up the kitchen now (made 2 eggs and a piece of rye toast for breakfast)

Will put some of the dry laundry away.

I have my portable table in the kitchen. I think my goal this week is to completely clean out my 2 pantry cupboards and toss what we haven't touched in a while/or plan to use it up.
    And bring a box of junk up from basement and post it for sale! I need to start moving stuff out the door. I have a 2 year plan!

Have a wonderful day everyone!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Did anyone apply for the Lithium battery class action (was awhile ago) I received $20 in my bank account!
    harbie, JadeAngel, barbis9 and 3 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by harbie View Post
    @coupon girl I don’t mean to medal in your business but just thought I’d share this. My dad has a very bad knee. He actually ended up having to use a cane to just walk from the chair to the bathroom etc. He we to the Dr. and was told he has arthritis and not much could be done except pain management. Not sure how he found out above these but he takes 2-3a day and he gave up the cane and walks normally now. Mind you he does still go to the local aquatic centre here and walks, stretches and relaxes his legs in the hot tub once a week but he’s able to walk cane free. He gets it at Costco.

Name:  5DA306D9-C3A4-4F18-87E9-BC5CDF91D2C0.jpeg
Views: 101
Size:  89.0 KB
    @harbie thanks for sharing my mom had 2 bad knees I will be sharing this with her . Hoping the Costco in the NY sells it

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Just had some downtime waiting on replies to emails. Cleaned my dining room! The dining room also has my work desk so I moved it over and put a plastic sorting bin there and now I can put my calculator on there and it is off my desk. Moved the cup of pens and all the other little stuff so now my desk is clear and has lots of space. I should have done this long ago but at least it is done now.

I have 2 porch pick ups scheduled for this afternoon. (I had stuff piled on the island and just started posting crap for sale) I really am on a mission to get rid of every extra thing we have that doesn't serve a purpose. All money collected will be added to the "Crap sold" container. (it has $155 in it from sales this year)

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

@harbie thank you for posting the collagen supplement! Do you know if they are big (what I call horse pills)? or capsules? I will definitely try this for hip pain.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Harbie,you not meddling into my business at all -i appreciate the input .Thanks i will look into this .
    I am drinking a lot of ginger tea -i keep the ginger in the freezer then grate as needed ,strain it into a hot tea 2 or 3 times a day.

I may look into making tumeric bombs for the inflammation .

Today my son took me out for lunch on a boat arena ,small restaurant i had a burger and fries (yes not the best for me but i havent had a burger in ages) then we went to costco.

I wasnt to happy with the tops at costco first off hardly any xl in stock and the few i tried on over my tops were way to tight or too boxy ,so no tops for me .

My doctor called when i was out so i am getting xrays (may go on tuesday) then he will talk to me after .

Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast

Thread Information