User Tag List

Page 7 of 18 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 ... LastLast
Like Tree1265Likes

Thread: May Frugal Chat 2022

Trading Score
    203 (100%)

Hope you find some pain relief @coupon girl
    @cath007 it’s frustrating when store levels make up different policies.

@SassyAshley , I’m with your mom….I loves me some Starbucks too but I have to control myself. Actually I like the lattes at Starbucks but not so much a fan of their creamer. I get the non dairy one but find the Silk vanilla is less $( unless there’s a sale) and it tastes better and it froths better too for homemade lattes.

Off for a long day at work today. Still haven’t gotten around to giving notice to the one client. I really hate doing this sort of thing but my hands are tied. It’s actually going to save me $$$ to give them up. It’s costing me too much the way it is. After work I’ll notify them…..wish me luck

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Mac and cheese in the oven and the kitchen is spotless!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Was pushing my PC offers forward and noticed I had the offer "600 points per $3 spent on Cracker Barrel slices"
    Dug for what coupons I had. I found 8 $1 off coupons (B2 save $3 just expired in April ) and the 7500 pts per $15 spent at RCSS offer ends today.

So grabbed 7 packages (with Oct/Nov expiry dates)
    Total $31.43 less $7 in coupons. Received 15000 pts for in-store offer and 6000 pts for personal offer.
    Not bad at all. Will be handy for DS and his sandwiches

Noticed gas was up 10 cents a L across from RCSS so topped up. Would only take $12.75 at $183.9 L (I think that was the price) Oh well at least I have a full tank!
    Last edited by Frugalbigmama; Wed, May 11th, 2022 at 12:43 PM.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Thanks flemeth and harbie for the nice wishes ,today my knee is a tiny better off to pick up the kids and babysit til 7.30-8.00 p.m as my daughter-in-law got a new job placement and wished to go out for supper with co-workers.

Frugalbigmama so sorry to hear about the passing of your dear aunt.
    harbie, JadeAngel, barbis9 and 4 others like this.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

@Frugalbigmama so sorry for your family's loss.

@harbie discussion like that are never easy, positive thoughts that all goes well

@coupongirl hopefully the pain is better soon. If it is arthritis, I am not sure if it is something to do with the weather or what but I know a few people with arthritis that have been suffering a lot lately and all have said it is not normally this bad.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Went into a branch this morning to discuss some things with a manager as hopefully I will have some more time to spend with them and their staff.

Well I was there Dad asked me to switch cars, so I am now driving my step mom's car for a few days.

On the way home I stopped and grabbed new insoles for my shoes and saw they had the ones Mom uses on sale so I grabbed her a pack.

Lastly I stopped at No Frills to grab a few deals before the flyers change, I got:
    2 x Strawberries $1.88 (PM Food Basics)
    1 x Onions 10 lb $3.99
    4 x NN Sour Cream $2 + 400 pts/$2
    3 x President Choice Pasta Sauce $2 WUB 3 or More
    1 x Present Choice Alfredo Sauce $2 WUB 3 or More
    1 x Almond Milk $2.98 (PM Food Basics)

I had not planned on buying the pasta sauce but I noticed the president choice flavours are the same as Classico which is our preferred brand so figure at that price let's give them a try. I grabbed 3 different flavour, Sweet Basil, Marinara & Roasted Portobello. We also like Hunt's Thick & Rich but since I did not go to RCSS yesterday I missed their sale.

I finally got a physical PC Optimum card, originally I just downloaded the app but never got a physical card. Now that you can collect PC points at Esso I have been trying to get a physical card as I never go inside to pay so I can collect at the pump. Everytime I ask at my No Frills, either they did not have any, only had one and needed to keep it for someone without the app, or a few told me managements' policy is to not give physical cards to those with smartphones. I tried contact PC Plus but was told they could not send me but I could report the store, I just replied "I am sure if you look at my purchases you will know the store." I totally meant to ask at SDM but forgot but good news I remember at No Frills and got one, now I just need to connect them. This was a lot harder than it needed to be LOL.
    harbie, JadeAngel, barbis9 and 3 others like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

FBM-sorry about the passing of your aunt and we got the Lithium battery $20 too
    CG-hope your knee gets better

I have been MIA for a few days-ended up at urgent care on Friday as I was suddenly acutely ill-had been fighting the bug that has been going around for 2 weeks and not getting better-had consulted my doc twice by phone and tried a puffer but I definitely needed an actual physical exam. Two neg home tests for Covid and everyone around me was also neg.. I had excellent care there-despite it being extremely busy the doc and nurses were terrific even though I know they are stretched. I was in and out in 7.5 hrs with all tests complete and the doc explaining what was wrong-honestly I know that sounds like a lot but not in this day and age and with the wait times at emerg. And of course there were more urgent cases than me. I was so sick I was quite happy to lay there and do nothing-lol.

Long story short I have pneumonia and I am feeling way better on antibiotics-but of course not normal yet. The doc advised 6 weeks rest and redo my chest Xray to make sure my lungs have cleared-if not further investigation might be needed. Hopefully they will clear up with rest and meds. He said to lay low to avoid picking anything else up right now and especially avoid young children for 6 weeks as they tend to have all kinds of illness these days to pass on-so I guess I just retired 7 weeks earlier than planned as I do childcare. Good thing I was not counting on those $.

Needless to say our summer travel plans are up in the air as my travel medical says you have to be stable for 90 days prior to travel for that condition. If you get anything related to that condition you are not covered-but I think a broken leg or shark bite( haha) would be. Anyway one day at a time and I will consult with my doc next week as to exactly what she thinks that means-I don't want to find out after the fact that I am not covered-rather stay home than risk not being covered-especially in the US and then Europe.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

sassy and lizzie thanks for the comments -i know i have had artritis in my knees for yrs when i had an MRI years ago ,but i am in so much pain i am thinking this is it i may need a knee replacement ,we will see when my doctor gets my xrays soon.

Lizzie oh my goodness take care hon good thing you got an answer ,rest up .

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

@Frugalbigmama so sorry for the loss of your Aunt
    harbie, barbis9, lilo0003 and 2 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

@lizzie bargain rest and feel better soon .

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

@lizzie bargain rest and feel better soon .
    harbie, barbis9, lilo0003 and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

@lizzie bargain , hope you feel better soon.
    harbie, JadeAngel, barbis9 and 3 others like this.

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

The frugal thread seems like the best place to rant about appliances that run out their life too soon.
    Sunday night it was the electric dryer. Sears Kenmore item, so we knew we were screwed even IF I could find the papers.
    Extended warranty is likely long passed the BB date by now. Sears themselves are but a memory now.

The CAS delivery guys just left taking the old dead dryer and positioned the new Whirlpool one down in the laundry room.
    My great luck is that I had the same 2 guys who delivered our new fridge here not so long ago! The 1 fellow mentioned it saying ...." I brought that fridge in here. " lol.
    I told them this was why I went with the same Company again. Great service gets you repeat business.

I'm NOT happy things keep breaking down, but traveling to the laundromat is not something I relish either.
    DH and I should play a game and make a bet on what appliance is going to need replacing next?
    I saved paying the " installation fee" on the dryer, after all it's just a plug in a wall and the hose ( duct? ) thingy that DH can connect himself.
    This was a mild rant I suppose.

babies teach us acceptance

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Thanks everyone for the well wishes on my Aunt's passing. She would have been 90 this summer and lived in her home up till last summer. Only Dementia moved her there...she was healthy otherwise still cutting her grass and shoveling her driveway!

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

@Frugalbigmama sorry to hear of your aunts passing. It’s never easy regardless of their age. @walkonby about 12 yr ago we had what came to be known as the year of the dead appliance. I one year I bought a fridge as stove a dishwasher and then a dryer. The fridge and dishwasher are long gone as we renovated the kitchen but the stove and dryer are still going.
    save your PCO if you have any worth saving.
    harbie, barbis9, walkonby and 1 others like this.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Page 7 of 18 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 ... LastLast

Thread Information