User Tag List

Page 12 of 18 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast
Like Tree1265Likes

Thread: May Frugal Chat 2022

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

I may have a kijij sale my puzzles $20 for the 7 ,they asked me if i would take 20.00 instead of 25.00 and i said yes .If people can have enjoyment out of puzzles plus everything is more expensive now why not be kind .

My knee feels better today so hung some laundry out cool and windy so it will dry .

I just sold my puzzles $20.00,yes 2nd kijiji sale of the yr.
    Last edited by coupon girl; Tue, May 17th, 2022 at 12:23 PM.
    Skippy, JadeAngel, barbis9 and 2 others like this.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Another office day for me today, helping a short staffed branch. Was up and out by 6 am this morning, loving driving to work with the sun up instead of in the dark.

On the way home, I stopped at Zehrs and grabbed some soil to plants our herbs and fruits. I will be honest, gardening is not my forte so I decided after some research to go with the PC Herb & Vegetable soil. I saw the Pro-Mix Vegetable but it seemed really expensive, guess that is why people stalk Costco looking for it. I got the PC Herb & Vegetable for $5.50/bag WUB 3, I grabbed 3 bags or $6.50 each. We will give it a try.

Plants probably will not get planted until the weekend, this week is a busy week for me. I am just happy to be keeping up so fair.

They were here today working on the basement, they have reframed the wall. Really hoping even though they were unable to work yesterday it will be done by this weekend so I can start the cleaning process.

Dinner is BBQ Chicken Caesar Wraps. I am going to have to check/watch for Caesar Salad dressing, Costco has not had any the last 3 times I was there, wondering if any other locations have it.

Happy Tuesday Everyone
    ROMEO, coupon girl and Ciel21 like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

I taught 4.5 days last week. I won’t be teaching as many days this week since I didn’t get called to teach today.

Dh got injured at work late last week. He’s been checked out by the doctor and is on light duty while he hopefully heals up.

Today I took all of our recyclables with deposits today, it was a total of $45.50.

The weather has been inconsistent, but I was finally able to dig weeds in the garden as the garden is currently not muddy. Free landfill weekend for our community this coming weekend. The kids and I will make the best of it, since Dh is injured and unable to help. I do not know what I’ll be able to plant this weekend…forecasting possible snow/rain, still digging out invasive weeds, need to continue filling woth new soil in garden areas too.
    ROMEO, Purdee, barbis9 and 3 others like this.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by SassyAshley View Post
    Another office day for me today, helping a short staffed branch. Was up and out by 6 am this morning, loving driving to work with the sun up instead of in the dark.

On the way home, I stopped at Zehrs and grabbed some soil to plants our herbs and fruits. I will be honest, gardening is not my forte so I decided after some research to go with the PC Herb & Vegetable soil. I saw the Pro-Mix Vegetable but it seemed really expensive, guess that is why people stalk Costco looking for it. I got the PC Herb & Vegetable for $5.50/bag WUB 3, I grabbed 3 bags or $6.50 each. We will give it a try.

Plants probably will not get planted until the weekend, this week is a busy week for me. I am just happy to be keeping up so fair.

They were here today working on the basement, they have reframed the wall. Really hoping even though they were unable to work yesterday it will be done by this weekend so I can start the cleaning process.

Dinner is BBQ Chicken Caesar Wraps. I am going to have to check/watch for Caesar Salad dressing, Costco has not had any the last 3 times I was there, wondering if any other locations have it.

Happy Tuesday Everyone
    My Costco has not had the ceaser dressing for at least 2 months Thought it was just mine. Hope DS likes the new kind I bought him.
    ROMEO, SassyAshley and Ciel21 like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Good Morning and happy hump day! The sun is shining but I think we are expecting rain today.

I dropped DS off at school for 8am and then went to No Frills. Bought 3 x $1.99 clementines, 2 x $1.99 romaine 2pk and 3 x $2.99 Royale 6pk tissue and used $5 coupon. Debating if I should but 3 more since this will stock up my DS for a long while (allergies)

Busy work day today but will try and take a few breaks to move around (I need to remind myself to do this)
    Made eggs and toast for breakfast. Will clean the kitchen and scrub the sink by 10:30 am
    Bathrooms are clean but I will go around and give all a once over. (trying to stay on top of stuff)

Need fresh gas for the lawn mower so will grab that today so DS can cut the grass. Ours is really long and was going to leave it for awhile for the bees but all my neighbours are making us look bad.

Have a wonderful day everyone!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Ms Sunshine is beaming but Mr Wind has been a cold fellow these three days this week! Still have most of 1/2 of watermelon for tomorrow-I snuck two wedges yesterday as I needed "sweet" something after lunch.
    @SassyAshley I have not yet checked out PC Mobile but will. I was scoping out Speakout Wireless on Monday online and was shocked to see the pay per minute plans charge for tollfree phone use. I mean, that defeats the purpose of tollfree numbers like for the CRA, customer service of any major entity, etc. No wonder there are angry citizens without cellphones or even landlines who are frustrated at how hard it is to access CRA accounts (got to get a phone code before you can log into account online, assuming you can call in from wherever one is Internetting).

I am definitely going to look at used cellphones as well. Speakout is offering a cheap phone but 7-11 is a couple of bus rides away from me as well. Some of the Youtube budget smartphones (a video showed some interesting ones) makes are still over $500 Cdn from what I can see and that is too rich for me.

Did an evening walk yesterday to Longos/Giant Tiger for scratch tickets-no luck on 2 Cash for Life tix but did get $10 on the Bingo card (spent $11, got $10 back). Then over to surplus store (this weekend, 25% off entire store!) for Mustela hydro bebe cream and Dollar Tree for spicy cherry Barqs. I did find a Winners gift card on my walk and went to store to see if there's a balance but was told it was inactive (the silver patch was not scratched off). So either that card was "hot" or spent-I tossed it out.

Voter's card came in the mail-think next week will be best for me, after I see a movie, to go to the advance poll (as bus passes by the site on the afternoon routing).
    Skippy, ROMEO, JadeAngel and 3 others like this.
    "This is the Way." The Mandalorian

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Morning i am dealing with a side effect of itching on the prescription i am on ,uggg just want to get my body back to somewhat normal.

I just called the gap and got a price adjustment $5.45.Every bit helps ,mind you i may take the old navy top back as it seems a bit too boxy on my 5'4 body.
    barbis9, SassyAshley and Ciel21 like this.

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

Save your PCO if you have any worth saving. DH & I both have 100 points on beef and I am sure I have saved it 10 times but just no sales to pair it with. @coupongirl I have the offer for biotene, a product I have never ever purchased and yet I am sure you have and you likely have never had the offer.
    ROMEO, Purdee, barbis9 and 2 others like this.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

lilo -i have had the biotine offer yrs ago and did use it but i use other items now .lol

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

@Angela273 , hope your DH heals quickly.

@coupon girl , hope you feel better soon
    Skippy, Angela273, barbis9 and 3 others like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

I am super tired, that is my state of being right now.

Yesterday was a super long day, I left my house at 10 to 6 am and got home at 10 to 7 pm, it was a 13 hour day. I had not planned for that, I had planned to be home between 5 and 6 pm but things happened, I left late, construction, yeah. Pretty much got home cleaned up my email, ate dinner and went to bed.

I had to be in a different office this morning to start training at 9 am, got up at 6 and headed in, took advantage of an empty desk to try to get caught up before training. I was supposed to have back to back training but my second trainee was not in today, we seem to have a stomach bug going through one location.

Since I was going to be in the town with more shopping options I went through the flyers. I see a few fresh items we can pick up but really do not need until next week. Right now we are stocked up on fruits and veggies so looks like it should be a light shopping for us.

Now it is time to play catch up but honestly, all I want is a nap.

Happy Thursday Everyone

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

Praying for healing for @coupon girl and DH of @Angela273
    Could use some healing too as in much pain this week making it difficult to walk and at times sit. Still thankful that I can get out of bed as some I know can’t 😞
    One day/hour/minute at a time Lord whatever works best.
    Always remember the What are you thankful for today? thread as there always is something to be thankful for.

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

Today is my Friday and my plans with my mom are cancelled as she is not feeling well so weather permitting I am taking my new paddle board out. I bought it last October and it has sat in box unopened all winter, so today I pulled it out and it’s so pretty. It’s a much more advanced board than the one I started with. It I’ll be a short trip as I have so much other stuff to do and Saturday is another trip to my brother but since it will soon take 20 hours of driving to get to his place I don’t mind.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Morning Everyone,
    It is a work from home, catch up day for me.

Waiting to see if they come to finish our basement today. Originally we were told it would be done by the end of the week but when Mom asked yesterday what time he would be here today, he told her "I am not sure if I will be coming tomorrow." Maybe my expectations were a little to high, I know he is fixing 4 basements but he does one step each day:
    Monday: Dropped of Supplies
    Tuesday: Fixed the framing
    Wednesday: Insulation and Vapour barrier
    Thursday: Hung Drywall but no taping or mudding

He does not work full days, the lastest he has stayed is 2 pm, Yesterday I got home around 12:30 and he was done for the day. I guess I was just hopeful this weekend I would be able to get the basement put back together. I was already envisioning in my head how we could move things around and move stuff back down that was moved upstairs after the flood. I don't know we will see, maybe he will come today and I will get my basement back.

Last night I went over my work to-do-list to see what I need to get done today and then worked on my house to-do-list. I wrote my house to-do-list based on the basement not getting done, I did not want to get ahead of myself. I need to plant my fruit bulbs and herbs this weekend, still trying to figure out how I will keep the squirrels out of my backyard.

Happy Friday everyone
    barbis9 and Ciel21 like this.

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Update: It is now 10:30 and the contractor has not shown up, guess he is taking an extra long weekend. No basement clean up for me this weekend.
    barbis9 and Ciel21 like this.

Page 12 of 18 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast

Thread Information