User Tag List

Page 13 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast
Like Tree1265Likes

Thread: May Frugal Chat 2022

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

We received more rain and some small hail yesterday. It’s snowing outside today. Clearly I will not be planting the garden this weekend. Depending on the weather and my work schedule, I could start planting seeds next week. Our garden at the new house is smaller than I’m used to, abc it has a lot of creeping bell flowers that I’m digging out. I’m still trying to figure out where I can plant what.

Dh is starting to improve and will be reassessed by the doctor next week.

It’s a 4 day school week the next two weeks, which limits my potential earning.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

@Skippy I hope you feel better
    SassyAshley and Ciel21 like this.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

I helped hubby cut the lawn today ,plus he took me to the mall to return 2 items .

Tonight was watching ashlyn and cara after school til 6.00 p.m.Hubby had the girls out front ,so i stepped on my son,s front cement porch .I was focused on cara as she was saying something and down i went missed the next one step on my son's porch but fell right onto the driveway.

My nose was bleeding as my nose slightly hit the driveway,my right hand is still sore where i broke the fall,my right big toe is sore .aggg life.
    Going for our fourth shot in the morning.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Oh no @coupon girl , hope you heal quickly and aren't too sore today.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Up and trying to talk myself into getting things done.

Kind of annoyed the contractor did not come back yesterday so now I cannot work in the basement. I have been putting off cleaning the floors on the main floor in hopes of only having to scrub them once but guess I will clean today and then again next week.

I need to spend some time in my gardens today, I need to plant my herb and fruits. Also bro's fiancee messaged in our family group chat that she has too many seedlings so if I have room I might grab a few from her instead of going to the garden centers. I think she said she has Kale, Cucumbers, Zucchini and Tomatoes.

I did not get much done around the house yesterday, some of my work stuff took longer than I expected and after work I ran to the dollar store and Wal-Mart to get some garden stuff. I needed new gloves and a new water can, ours broke a couple years ago.

Happy Saturday Everyone
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

thanks sassy -my bottom of my right palm is bruised and now both knees are sore .I will just schuffle along today .

I cant believe shoppers sent me a get 20 times when you spend 90 today -wow a high threshold tp spend .

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Good morning all
    @coupongirl hope you are not in too much pain and your bruises heals quickly

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

thanks flemeth for the well wishes .I am sore today but we both got our 4th needles .The woman asked me are you 60 and up -yes i showed my health card "well you dont look it" but i feel it today .

Anyway just a sore arm from the shot same as hubby.

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Ugh, why did I think Gardening would be fun?

I cleaned the backyard this morning, wasn't as bad as it has been other years but still took some time. I cleaned all the planters and prepped them.

I bought a new BBQ cover I never put on last year, so I took the old one off and scrubbed down the outside of the BBQ and put on the new cover.

Originally we were planning to plant the rhubarb I got in the Costco pack in our side garden but it did not winter well. The wood is rotting and falling apart and most of the soil had washed out. After some discussions we decided not to use the garden which meant I did not have enough containers for all the fruits. As well since more would be going in containers I would not have enough soil.

Just as I went to run out to grab some more containers and soil it started to rain a bit so I thought I would wait, good things I did, a massive thunderstorm rolled in.

After the rain cleared we went to go to Canadian Tire to get planters and soil. Turns out if there is rain even if it is cleared they close their garden center and do not reopen it that day. So it is closed the rest of the day and if we get the rain they are calling for tonight and into tomorrow morning it will be closed again tomorrow.

It is further away but decided to go to Lowe's. I have to admit, Lowe's was a bit overwhelming so many options. I also noticed their soil was a lot more than Canadian Tire but I found some on clearance which was a great deal. After A LOT of back and forth I found some planters, although I am having some buyers remorse. There is one planter I am thinking of returning, I spent more than I had wanted to for the gardening adventure.

All of the fruits have been planted, I still need to plant the herbs plus bro's fiancee dropped off half a tray of extra seedlings she had for me to plant. Will see if I can get the rest done tomorrow plus I need to rearrange our deck and pick up a new tank for out BBQ.

This adventure ended up taking all day and still have more to get done. But I think a huge part of that was me second guessing myself. I was going to start planting this morning but I second guessed my decisions and waited for Mom's opinions. I should have just dove in head first and got it done.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

I went grocery shopping today at Sobeys and No Frills. That’s when I discovered that Jiff peanut butter has a recall on a variety of types and sizes of peanut butter due to possible salmonella contamination. I checked the cupboard with Dh and discovered that I have 8 of these in the house. I’ll call Jiff next week and hope for the best.

I used $60 in Air Miles, $3 in Lucerne milk coupons, $0.25 rebate with Eclipsa, $0.10 Caddle rebate.
    I used $60 in PC Optimum points, PM’d WM bbq sauce, $0.50 Eclipsa.

We had a great supper tonight. Pitas with grated marble cheese, baked chicken breasts, various veggies, and fresh sliced watermelon. Yumm!
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Was walking across a shopping centre parking lot and saw a crow of folks with their cameras recording something. I walked over to see that it was a mother goose and her gaggle of goslings on a sidewalk, but there was one gosling that simply could not get over the curb. The poor little guy kept flapping his wings while trying to lever his body over the edge of the curb, but kept failing. After watching for awhile, I couldn't believe that all those people were willing to do was film his tribulations. He wasn't going to get any stronger from his continued efforts. He was only going to get weaker and weaker. So, I just walked in and scooped him up and over to his waiting family.

It annoys me how everyone wanted their videos, but no one was willing to help the little thing. I wonder what would have happened, if I had not intervened. Would the little gosling keep trying until it exhausted itself? The rest of the gaggle was waiting above. Would they have come back for the straggler?

At another part of the centre, I saw that a mother goose had flown up onto a concrete embankment about a foot high. It was obvious that the little goslings could not get up there, yet she simply stood atop the concrete wall. After seeing no movement from either party, I decided to herd them both towards lower ground. They reunited and went their merry way. Anyone have any idea how nature handles situations like these? Does the mother come back and find a way around the obstacles? It did not seem like there was much problem-solving going on with the two geese I saw.
    JadeAngel, barbis9 and Ciel21 like this.
    My food may not befit a king, but I eat like a horse.

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Morning Everyone,
    A little sore today from lugging the soil around yesterday.

Does anyone know if you can return soil to Lowe's? I think I have bought too much, I grabbed 4 bags but I have one gone through 1 1/2 so far, thinking I have 2 too many. I also think I am going to return the one planter we have not used, I got pulled in with the cool features but it isn't for us.

Spent the morning scrubbing the floors on the main floor. Between the construction, drywall coming in, and then the gardening stuff being taken through the house since we do not really have backyard access except through out house, the floors needed help. It took me over an house by the time I vacuumed, mopped and then I cleaned the vacuum both the beater bar and filters. I did not wash them yet as I still need to tackle the upstairs floors but wow the hair is all I can say.

I had to take a few breaks well doing the floors, my back is a bit sore and I do not want to push it too much. I would prefer to get less done than have to stop completely because my back cannot take it.

Now to tackle the kitchen.

Happy Sunday Everyone.
    barbis9 and Ciel21 like this.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Happy Sunday everyone!!!! Sunny and 27 degres ac is on haha.
    where is giseledta....??? seems long time she had not posted hope everything is alright for her

In QC it is the long week end des patriotes so a holliday tomorrow yes,will go get some grocery tomorrow.

I am a happy and deceived camper at the same time....I will explain why...I purchased on facebook group 3 light coats at 10$ each brand new and they are famous brand....but the pants I wanted to purchase dont fit me..so I purchased just the coats...a good deal considering it is difficult to find some clothes that fit me ..I search in every store...grrr

Supper will be hots dogs

Have a wonderfull day!!!
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

I just want to tell you I received a response from consumer service at maxi..and i am not happy..they will accept coupons in english only if the redemption is in QC....so ....all the english coupons I saw have a ontario redemption adress..but i think if they are french or bilingual coupons they will accept those that make absolutely no sense.....and nobody know in the store....very annoying....
    barbis9, SassyAshley and Ciel21 like this.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

lots of garage sale over the past few weeks with the beautiful weather we had...we had an advertissing of severe thunderstorm and tornado but we had nothing per chance not even rain haha a lots of people in qc dont have power right now...at least it is the summer..
    SassyAshley and Ciel21 like this.

Page 13 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast

Thread Information