User Tag List

Page 9 of 22 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 19 ... LastLast
Like Tree1908Likes

Thread: June 2022 Frugal Chat ;Summer is here!!!!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by cath007 View Post
    Couche tard wins you can plays with circle k too each day,) Its called roche papier ciseau game (rock paper scissor) with a cellphone.
    So far I won energitic beverages,,,I dont like those....beers....I dont like those too... and the good ones,A Kitkat,bag of chip,a coca cola bottle. and a coffee..will redeem those if I have time.

( I find this game is a hit or miss depend of the time of the day you plays)
    You can win beer? Awesome! lol
    Giseledta, harbie, cath007 and 2 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Happy Hump day! We just had a wicked thunder storm. Had no internet to start the day but seems to be ok now.

DS has his grad pancake breakfast tomorrow morning. My baby is almost done highschool

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

I grabbed some groceries yesterday. Spent under $50 and got a good little haul. (mostly just fresh stuff (bananas, peaches, apples) BLSL chicken (2 packs- cooked one up last night and will toss the other in the freezer) Hamburger and sausage buns, wraps, bagels. A few alfredo sauce (add to DS's stock pile) cottage cheese $1.42 reg $7.99 ( to make lasagna as requested by DS) and a few other things.

We are buying a new bbq. Decided on a fancy Weber one. Cost $$$ but should last a long time. I want to keep it in the garage to keep it nice.
    DS is excited because he likes to grill.
    Skippy, Giseledta, harbie and 4 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by harbie View Post
    Did a quick a review of our budget and it’s looking good. CC is totally paid (including the new air purifier) which by the way I LOVE! It was delivered on Friday after work and I have noticed a HUGE decrease in dust which is the main reason we got one. Cost a pretty penny but so worth it in my opinion.

Busy work week ahead again (nothing new) so todays the last day to catch up on laundry and basic housework until Sunday/Monday.

Also grabbed a few plants for the garden as I had some open areas that I was waiting to fill when the weather wasn’t so cold and wet. Picked up some dill, an adorable tomato plant called heartbreaker’s (they are shaped like hearts, also 2 dahlia’s, a pollinators (little purple flowers but I can’t recall the name) and some radish seeds from West Coast Seeds since the other brand I had were awful and didn’t produce much.

Gardening isn’t cheap (not necessarily cheaper than purchasing some veggies since I get them from established plants) but it’s more about the peaceful time in the garden for me.
    @harbie gardening is my DH. Hobby and it helps him to relieve some stress from work he claims he have to deal with children at work and not adults.
    Skippy, Giseledta, harbie and 6 others like this.

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by lizzie bargain View Post
    Cold , windy and rainy here today-on flood watch but hopefully the rivers will not overflow. I have been laying low for a month due to being ill and now finally starting to feel human-lol. Managed to pick up so good deals at Safeway and No Frills on Sunday-DH had been doing the shopping for awhile.
    Praying for your recovery!
    Always remember the What are you thankful for today? thread as there always is something to be thankful for.

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

Thought I’d get my walk in before the rain but didn’t work that way. Made it most of the way home without getting wet. My cat could predict the weather just as accurate as those who are paid to do so.
    Didn’t really mind the walk as had no choice because too painful to just sit/stand.Managed to deflect pain elsewhere in the body.
    Shout out to @cath007 for her post of freebie lozenges. They came yesterday and they’re a full size bag!
    Have a great day my friends! Be the blessing you would have others be to you!
    Always remember the What are you thankful for today? thread as there always is something to be thankful for.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Morning ,hubby was up early staining our railing (7.30 a.m ) and just cut the back i am weeding my front garden before it gets too hot.

Just cashed out checkout51 $26.20 plus got $5.97 from raketan yesterday .Hey it all adds up .

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

I had a long day at work and really wanted to grab a chicken at RCSS....but I don't want to waste money either.

Decided on a burger with mushrooms and onions So many onions and mushrooms and lettuce on it I couldn't eat the entire burger. I'm stuffed.
    Made extra burgers for the late night eaters.

Working from home tomorrow so will make a lasagna for dinner on my break. Then the leftovers will be eaten Friday.

Have a pineapple that needs to be cut up tomorrow. So will do that in the morning and that will be enjoyed and gone before night.

Have a good night!

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

I am going out with a friend(my son has had a best friend since age 4 he is now 37 -wow 33 yrs a friend )( i am going out with his mom) tomorrow for lunch (i told her i will treat as she lost her job about 7 months ago).Looking forward to finally some sort of normal life we need to get back into.We were suppose to go today but she was a little upset with bad news ,no worries i said in a text.

I will wear a nice summer dress as it will be super hot.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

I dont find the need to go to SDM anymore....Everything is expensive and the points offers dont fit me anymore...
    For example buy for 40$ get a familly size boxe of cereal free...it was today i think...well I bought after factoring points and coupons and sales famillial special k vanilla almond cereal kellogs for 1,99$.;..I will not spend 40$ just to get a free item....
    Giseledta, harbie, barbis9 and 4 others like this.
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Great day of deals
    some highlights
    metro qc
    organic raspberries same price as the other ones at 2 for 4$
    ruffles chips fpc so free saving of 3,75$
    IGA qc
    red seedless grapes at 1,99$ lbs
    blueberries medium pint 2 for 4,98$
    Maxi:
    Glade candle at 11,99$ minus fpc (got it in a recent trade) thanks so free except the darn taxes
    not as good as @couponmummybut still ok deal to me....Special K Kellogs cereals famillial boxes vanilla almond x4 =8 000 points and 4 x 1,00$ coupon found today so 1,99$ per boxe..cashier was impressed and said you know you would have a lots of points dont you and I said yes..I bet she will take advantage of this deal tonight too

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Yes found a coupon that will be useful special k ...posted the detail on the dollard and cents thread if you are interested.
    Giseledta, harbie, barbis9 and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Good very earlier morning everyone!!!
    Yay drylines clothes are back in place if only the neighbour could not reput is crappy stuff in the pannel of the line...will shall see
    I found on fb but sorry it was in french and I copy me the link several marinades for chicken!!! Great as I want to eat more chicken and never know how to seasonning-marinated the chicken breasts..
    Inspection day today hope it will be alright...
    And Stella the cat will be going to toilettage (shaving) tomorrow..hope it will be alright too
    Still thinking of replace my old stove this summer..will see if I find a a good deal...
    And maybe start to acquire me driving licence this summer too
    Feel good to breathe and have the appt decluterred at some place(it was a good idea to vacuum..so much dirt grrr)..much better and neat!!!
    Noticed I have irritation with my protesis..hope it will pass soon...it is not comfortable..
    I will have to go to the cellphone store soon because I cannot acces on my cellphone the voice mails and a couple of things I cannot understand..grr
    Wishing you all a wonderful day!!!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Good morning! Another hot day.

The other day we had the AC on but it was not cool air coming out. And the thermostat program was all wonky. I turned it off.
    Cleaned all the weeds around the unit. Was ready to call for quotes for a new one...but turned it on now and it is working fine!!!
    So another year to put off replacing it Phew!

Not going to make the lasagna today. Don't need to put the stove on and heat up the house. Have other food options. We won't starve.

Asked DS if he wanted to go to the driving range later this afternoon. Need to get out and enjoy the weather!

Kitchen needs cleaning. I am just enjoying my coffee first. Then need a quick shower because I have a massage this morning

Will get out in the garage later today and start posting stuff for sale. Need money for the "crap sold" fund.

Enjoy the day!
    Skippy, Giseledta, harbie and 5 others like this.

Trading Score
    203 (100%)

Good morning.

Another long day at work today. I was so bagged from yesterday I went to bed just before 8 and was asleep by 8:30. Hopefully I won’t be so tired after today.

Got my check from CO51 for $77 and change. I wanted to hold out for $100 but unfortunately there aren’t many offers I use.. better than nothing.

Tonight Dh and I have to finalize our vacations. He has 3 more weeks to use so we’re going to space them out plus it’s not like we’re going away on a “normal” vacation. Just lots of day trips and again out of town to get my hair done but that’s only 1 night.

Have a great day and hope the weather is nice where you are and if it is could you send it out West

Page 9 of 22 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 19 ... LastLast

Thread Information