User Tag List

Page 13 of 22 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast
Like Tree1908Likes

Thread: June 2022 Frugal Chat ;Summer is here!!!!

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Morning Everyone,
    It was a good weekend but a rough weekend.

I was in the middle of ingredient prep on Saturday and got an email about the AC unit that sent me into a Anxiety attack. It was the straw that broke the camel's back so to say. That set me a little behind, even after the attack is done, I am just done but I pushed through and got most thing done.

It was a kind of weird day as I was super happy about what I got done but it was also a bad day because of the anxiety attack so very mixed emotions and by the end of the day I was done.

Yesterday we had a Father's Day BBQ at my Dad's. I took Krispie Ice Cream Sandwiches, they were a hit.

On the way home I stopped at Food Basics and grabbed two packages of Ground Beef on sale for $3.33/lb. One will be turned into Taco Meat as we need more for the freezer, the other I am not sure yet, thinking Burgers.

Well I was out Mom cooked a batch of rice for dinners this week and today I will cook some pasta we can use for dinners or turn into Pasta Salad.

I got lucky and scheduled today as a work from home day and honestly it is exactly what I need. Just a day to focus get things done, recoup from my weekend. I really needed that extra day at home this week. I do not need a day off just a day I can be focused.

Happy Monday Everyone
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Happy Monday! BRRR! Its a cool one out there!

Have a list of things to get done around the house on my work breaks.

I have a bunch of metal/electronics to drop to the bin. Happy to have out of my garage and soon out of my car. Think I will give my vehicle a good wipe down inside. Its surprisingly pretty clean but want to keep up on it. I really need to wash my car mats. Thinking I will go to the car wash and do this. It feels like a low key get stuff done sort of day.

Trading Score
    203 (100%)

I’m sorry you had an anxiety attack @SassyAshley . Anxiety is not a fun thing to deal with. I feel your pain. Hopefully you can take today to decompress for that experience.

Today is shopping day so that means Costco and veggie store. I also need just a couple of staples so most likely we will go to RCSS.

I might make some blueberry crumble muffins today if I have the time. Off to the bank for some deposits and grab a coffee (it’s Monday which is my treat day)

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Hi- yes anxiety sassy is pretty tough,i know i deal with it sometimes.

Off to return a dress from old navy (loved it but too high on my neck)-31.00 on my credit card .Then talked hubby into going so i could buy him full sandals with straps at marksworkwarehouse.Got him a pair on sale plus i thru in mens comfy half socks on clearance 7.98 for me size 7-11 mens fits me perfect ,and i just looked at my bill the socks had 2.00 off so 5.98(wish i had bought the other pair that was there on clearance but i didnt know)

Just put in an order on well.ca (probiotics ,hand exercisor for my arthritic hands,plus a 2 other items) saved 30.00 in rexall be well points ,10% email code sent to me save 4.06=$11.29 yes love points programs.Oh and 2% back in raketan =.82 cents=$10.47 in total
    Last edited by coupon girl; Mon, Jun 20th, 2022 at 08:01 PM.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

@SassyAshley: I feel you,I do anxiety and panick attacks too..very difficult..
    hope you are better today
    harbie, barbis9, lilo0003 and 2 others like this.
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

My thing about June is the various little $3 impulse spends here and there have dented my month's budget. Toss in the fact that some of the impulse buys were not satisfactory or even wrong (like the Lightning micro usb c to usb A cable I bought for the phone which is on Android OS not Apple) and I've had to acknowledge I have a spending issue. Phone has been gifted to friend to enjoy-she knows her apps and is keen to use Google ones (she has Apple ones on her older iPhone).

Humidity is on the way so I'm glad the laptop is back with me for awhile (had updates to do on it). I'll be highly diverted reading the news and looking for summer apparel for Mom (and easy care summer tops for me too), as well as vinyl flooring tiles (that kitchen/dining room floor needs attention this year).

Our family is not on the same page on timing when groceries need to be obtained. Bro does his purchases when he feels like it (he overdoes it with Costco runs-same stuff and too much, but bathroom tissue is fine). Mom was supposed to shop this morning (she balked yesterday) but bailed on it in the afternoon. Tomorrow will feature pantry surprise meals with cooked rice or quinoa and a tin of tuna.

Weekday goals-do some organizational tasks and cook up the rice or quinoa with whatever seasonings by 8:30am. I may take an interest in making cord labels with sibling's new Brother P-Touch label maker tomorrow.
    "This is the Way." The Mandalorian

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

@Angela273 What a wonderful thing to do with your son's friend by including him! He's probably thrilled that his needs for play/park time got answered with your family outing. You might get some more kids joining you when the newcomers are ready to explore the community.
    June has been quite a weather rollcoaster in your area--hope that a breezy and sunny (non-humid) day lands soon so you can enjoy it with the kids in your garden! Love your baking posts--what a treat for everyone!
    harbie, Angela273, barbis9 and 3 others like this.
    "This is the Way." The Mandalorian

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

My dad need coffee so will have to check the sales hopefully one at iga,super c or metro for the upcoming week... it is the only places I can use coupons in english sigh...
    I was at Uniprix pharmacy for the 6 per packs scooties kleenex at 3 for 10$ minus 3x 1,50$ coupons ..and they put a limit of 3 per client..I figure it out in a dry and not sunny place kleenex have a long life so i did not pass this deal...receipt save I saved 20$...wow what is the reg price like 10$ a pack..crazy
    the taxes...again grr
    Noticed a writhing paper by chasing the aisles for Glucerna and Ensure ..no more stock on the shelves....manufacturer shortage...same compagnie abbot than similac..so strange...that is bad for those who need it

Have a good evening and night !!!
    Last edited by cath007; Mon, Jun 20th, 2022 at 06:46 PM.
    harbie, barbis9, lilo0003 and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    203 (100%)

Spending was a bit of an issue for me too @Ciel21 majorly when the pandemic started. Mind you , I think a lot of people were especially when it came to food. Our monthly bill for groceries one time was just over $1200! That’s only for 2 of us (and our pup at the time) but who am I kidding, it was us.

Speaking of spending we went to Costco, RCSS and Safeway this morning.

Costco $244 $144 oop after Dh’s GC
    RCSS $56
    Safeway $44

I did manage to get my protein bars for work for 90c/per bar at Costco instead of 97c at RCSS (plus they were sold out again since they had point offers on them )

Got Kraft salad dressing (475ml) for $1.50 plus 20AM wub2 so I got 6 bottles and 60AM
    Gusto vegan cheese-$1 coupon
    Silk Nextmilk -50C coupon
    $8.50 in coupons at Safeway which has been unheard of for me up to be able to use that many coupons in a few years being vegan. The cashier was even excited.

Also got our ND creamer for $3.99 which is a really good deal. All in all I’m pretty pleased with today. Oh and we got diesel for 240.9 when most locations locally were 258.9

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

For those that signed up for the country harvest coupon on Facebook it arrived today. Yay for free bagels.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

@harbie : wow great price on the kraft dressing!!
    harbie, barbis9 and SassyAshley like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

@Ciel Thank you for the feedback and encouragement.

I had a rough day today with new computer issues that I wasn’t able to solve yet. My computer system is roughly 6yrs old. Staples installed Windows 10 Home edition and copied all of the old documents onto the new computer. Today I discovered that my computer suddenly and mysteriously lost its installation code…which means that it currently will not leg me do anything in word, except read my existing documents. My computer says that it was activated with a digital license that is connected to my Microsoft account. When I finally logged into my Microsoft account, it would only show purchases from the last 3 months…sk I haven’t been able to find the digital license code. Ugh. Any suggestions?
    harbie, barbis9, lilo0003 and 3 others like this.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Good morning!!!
    I was up earlier(bad sleep..grr..)
    So I checked the upcoming flyers on reebee(just need to check tomorrow the wm and gt ones,not posted yet)
    So nescafé will be on sale at IGA so I will try to go many time to stock my father....but now the price its 4,77$..not 3,99$ anymore..I guess coffee increased like others things yikes... so 4,77$ minus 2 $ coupon..I am not paying 6,99$ for instant coffee anymore..hahah(my father dont like the others coffees)
    Have a good day!!! It will be a nice sunny one ,hoping not to hot here.
    Hoping for qc stawberries this week
    Last edited by cath007; Tue, Jun 21st, 2022 at 07:11 AM.

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

@cath007 , coffee prices have been insane. Mom wanted more coffee and after weeks upon weeks of not finding a good deal I grabbed her the huge can of Tim's Coffee (her preferred brand) from Costco.

I know you do at Costco but if you find a good deal, you can freeze coffee. That is the only reason I was willing to buy the Costc o size can since Mom is the only one who drinks coffee. I think we ended up with 4 packs in the freezer so she is good for years.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

@Angela273 , from what you are explaining it almost sounds like maybe Staples used a promo offer on your computer to load your old files and it has now expired.

Microsoft has changed to a per month or per year charge vs buying the programs outright. There are cases where you can buy the program outright but not sure on the details (our IT guy was discussing it with me as we moved to O365 earlier this year but I do not remember all of the details as it is a him thing, not a me thing so my final outcome was if something happens to email him LOL).

Do you know if you purchased Microsoft Office for your new computer?
    harbie, Angela273, barbis9 and 3 others like this.

Page 13 of 22 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast

Thread Information