User Tag List

Page 21 of 22 FirstFirst ... 11 19 20 21 22 LastLast
Like Tree1908Likes

Thread: June 2022 Frugal Chat ;Summer is here!!!!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Rain only started around 10am here in the Hamilton area, @Frugalbigmama and it's of the drizzle/light rain variety. Will wait to see if there's a pause around lunchtime for a quick visit to the mall. Otherwise, I'll do it tomorrow. Managed to post 3 notecards early this morning and realized I need to buy more P-stamps. Canada Post has some new series of booklets, so I'll get the Vintage Travel Posters one (so reminiscent of what my Simons shirt from last year looks like) and a second series.

Today's Google Doodle (perfect for Ontario's last day of school of the current academic year)-Teachers Day 2022
    harbie, JadeAngel, barbis9 and 2 others like this.
    "This is the Way." The Mandalorian

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Found a dime on last night's walk but did not spot any navy belts that are narrow. Walmart's skinny belts come 3 per hanger and Mom does not wear animal print summer belts. Winners only had 1-1/2" pant (somewhat shopworn from handling) belts in dreary colours in the accessories section. I decided to get Giant Tiger's 2 skinny belts (the black one paired with a scalloped pale pink and cutout look one) was fine for $8 (was $10) but only S/M sizes (I checked the three hangers of that combination). Bit snug on Mom but belt could work with dress as she tried the belt over a bulky top last night. I even looked at Value Village's belts-most are going for $6.49 or more but some more worn kinds are $3.99 (a promising dressy Liz Claiborne black one inch belt of smooth black leather ended in a very pronounced curl of the holes end (noticeable wear as well) and that explained the Deal Pricing (otherwise it be $8 or more due to name) . Two ultramarine/aqua skinny belts were found but they won't work with the navy dress (trying for coordinated look so belt does not stand out from dress).

I decided a Calvin Klein bath towel in the green colour of cut grass had to be mine plus two greeting cards (yes, I went through the two racks to look for ones to have on hand as needed). Surplus Xtreme remains closed for about the third week now but it appears some kind of clearout of tables/racks has occurred on one side of the store. Don't know if there is a rent issue or business is going to close. GIant Tiger was quiet so plenty of room to move around-I bought a jug of Tradition Lemonade and have enjoyed the beverage!

Simon's let me know my package was waiting for courier yesterday-there's a chance order could arrive before Friday. Yay.

Two loads of laundry have been run and I have the lots hanging in the basement. Not keen to turn on the dryer as the air is getting muggier outside.

Time to run through a few more store websites in the last pass at navy belts! I also have 4 small pharmacies to visit (likely tomorrow) to see if Lanacane gel might be waiting for me to find! 3 of them are near a couple of medical arts centres and the last one is just past Walmart and I know from a prior visit about 3-4 yrs ago, there is a light stocking of products on the shelves but it still has IDA branding on the sign.

Today, LCBO should have the latest issue of Food & Drink available if you are in the area of your local stores.

Trading Score
    203 (100%)

Morning. Not necessarily a good morning . Last night was a rough sleep. Started off with noise and ended up with one of the most realistic and terrifying dream! You know the ones you wake up from with your heart racing, breathing like you ran a marathon? I was so stressed I could really fall back asleep until an hour before the 5:15 alarm went off.

Trying to get it together for work today. Also adding to it is that my brother and his wife are preparing to say goodbye to their dog . It’s bringing back awful raw memories and I’m heartbroken for them.

Hopefully the sun will come back out today and things will improve. Hope everyone has a great day.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Morning lazy day here.May start to pack our overnight bag for my daughter's we are going friday to visit her and sebastian and will take in a farmers market when there.

Thursday son needs us to watch the girls in afternoon while he gets and oil change .He asked us to stay for supper (takeout) and i will give my daughter-in-law her birthday gift she is 37 today (same age as my son only 4 months apart in age)

I may go to library and get my holds we will see ,i need to do a bit of housework thou we will see.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Vet, library and will pick up a prize basket I won today from a Farmhouse opening (cannabis store). I don't use cannabis but noticed an outdoor barbeque for the food bank and prizes inside if you bought tickets this past Sat. Spent $10 and won!

Hope the vet figures out what is going on with my Persian rescue. She is losing fur and weight and I'm not sure why. My two other cats are fat and healthy.

@Ciel they have belts at Canadian Tire (I know weird) that are under $10. I hope that helps in your search.
    I also bought a nice belt from the men's section at Giant Tiger, again under $10.
    I find ladies belts are expensive and flimsy and barely last a season - made in China junk.
    Last edited by barbis9; Wed, Jun 29th, 2022 at 11:33 AM.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Since it is wednesday again you can save 4 pc offers if you dont plan to use them today.I just did mine
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Trading Score
    39 (100%)

@SassyAshley - I had a steroid shot on my left thumb in early 2020. And after speaking to my rheumatologist, I told her I will need a steroid shot on my right thumb once the colder weather comes.

The pain did go away and so far, I don’t need any pain medication for my thumb.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Got my second wind. I just know if I sit down I will fall asleep so trying to keep busy.

Completely cleaned out the fridge. Took everything out. Wiped it out completely. Tossed crap. Cut up a full cucumber and put it in a bowl with salt and pepper and gave it to DS. He ate it lol. Cut up another one and put in a container in fridge. I will have it tomorrow for a snack. Have 3 more to use up over the next few days before buying more. I have a pepper, 1.5 containers of mushrooms and a tomato. So breakfast will be an omelette. Dinner Friday night will be steak, shrimp, mushrooms, onions, ceaser salad, baked potato. Thursday night DS is fending for himself so I'm sure he will toss something on the BBQ since I bought buns today.
    Saturday night I can make a pasta with chicken or shrimp and use up the tomato, mushrooms etc. (the reason I bought the tomato!)
    There a plan to use our fresh stuff up

Lunch tomorrow will be smoothies because we have almond milk to use up. We have 3 in the fridge and 2 expire July 1st! Whoops. Will use up the open one and then open the 2nd and use it quickly. I'm sure it will be fine.
    Last edited by Frugalbigmama; Thu, Jun 30th, 2022 at 09:19 AM.
    harbie, JadeAngel, cath007 and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Good earlier evening,I had awfull painfull migraine most of the day due to the lack of sleep causing by stress the last 3 days so I will just relax tonight
    Have a good evening and night

Only 6 hours left with life project and i will sort of be on hollidays for 1 month..I cannot wait!!!
    I went to bed too earlier but I will resleep now.
    Last edited by cath007; Thu, Jun 30th, 2022 at 02:34 AM.
    harbie, JadeAngel, barbis9 and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    203 (100%)

@barbis9 I hope the vet can figure out what’s wrong with your kitty . It’s tough when they can’t talk and tell you what’s wrong.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Good Morning!! Wet morning here but I can see the sun behind the clouds so hopefully it will turn into a nice day.

I have a FPC to redeem today. (taxes included!) On any Aveeno, clean & clear, neutrogena etc. Decided I will redeem for a big bottle of Aveeno lotion and have an offer for 5000 pc pts on my card so a win win!
    pk
    Went to Food Basics at 830 this morning to get a few of the 4pk burger patties for $4. I made sure to grab the biggest packs and grabbed 4. DS will be happy.

Now to get this work day over! Weekend starts at 3 today
    harbie, JadeAngel, cath007 and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Breezy and sunny and soon to be humid day here in the Hamilton area!

Grocery shop in is in the works-we've run out of several items. Have read the flyers today even though I checked digital ones late last night. Sometimes my brain sees pictures but does not remember text at night so fresh eyes in the morning help.

Canadian Tire Triangle Rewards members-new contest to win e-money prizes (instant and Grand) starts tomorrow! New Triangle Rewards members have to wait 24hours after joining program before their purchases or entries count in the contest. It's posted in the Contest subforum now so you dream of cool drinks and hardware.
    @barbis9 I'll check the website of CT for belt offerings at my local store! For now, the belts from Giant Tiger are on hand and will do until I find the belt (I did find a $98 marine blue croc belt at Simons but that's 10x the price for a belt that I'm willing to pay at the moment ).

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

@harbie What an adrenaline rush to start off your day. Take a break in the sun/outdoors if possible during lunchtime. Your intuition is probably anticipating loss thus the dream. ((Hugs))
    @barbis9 Could your cat have an issue with a kidney or pancreas? I'm aware that weight loss in humans can be connected to pancreatic health issues. Does your cat go outside? If so, maybe she had a run-in with a spooky thing or ate something noxious>thus the fur loss and weight loss. Is she still eating? ((Hugs to you too))

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Two loads done in the wash already hung one set out at 8.30 a.m.

Trying to get in the mood to clean inside before we go and watch the girls at one p.m .

Boy my p.c offers are not as good anymore i wish i had the chicken one from a few yrs ago.I still appreciate that i have saved $220.00 so far from using p.c points at grocery stores -no frills and fortinos.
    Last edited by coupon girl; Thu, Jun 30th, 2022 at 10:47 AM.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Officially in hollidays for 1 month..sort of ( I will start my to do list)
    harbie, JadeAngel, barbis9 and 1 others like this.

Page 21 of 22 FirstFirst ... 11 19 20 21 22 LastLast

Thread Information