User Tag List

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Buddyboy546
  • 1 Post By endi2000

Thread: Fortinos and Loblaws Privacy Policy.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I sent a compliment to Fortinos in Oakville, Ontario using their web form. It asked for my name and email address among other things. I gave them my name and email address along with the compliment for good service. I soon received a reply thanking my wife by name for the submission. I wrote back and asked Fortinos why they thanked my wife and ignored me when it was absolutely nothing to do with my wife, she was never mentioned. Here is their reply:
    "Hi (Mr.first name),
    Thank you for your response. Please accept our apologies for the confusion. When personal information, like your email address, is entered into a Fortinos or a Loblaw banner contact us page, it automatically connects to the PC Optimum account on file and populates the name on the PC Optimum account. If you entered your name when you created the comment, it automatically deletes it and switches over to the PC Optimum account holders name. (Mrs first name) was the name on the PC Optimum account connected to the (email address I used) email or the phone number that was entered.
    Trusting this information is useful to you."

A company that ignores a person that writes to them and addresses all correspondence to someone else because that someone else happens to use the same email address makes no sense to me and is less than respectful to the writer. Any thoughts? This has happened before but is the first time I have asked for an explanation.
    This thread is currently associated with: Fortinos, Loblaws, Pharmaprix, Shoppers Drug Mart
    Last edited by Buddyboy546; Thu, Jun 23rd, 2022 at 04:09 PM.
    Ciel21 likes this.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Buddyboy546 View Post
    I sent a compliment to Fortinos in Oakville, Ontario using their web form. It asked for my name and email address among other things. I gave them my name and email address along with the compliment for good service. I soon received a reply thanking my wife by name for the submission. I wrote back and asked Fortinos why they thanked my wife and ignored me when it was absolutely nothing to do with my wife, she was never mentioned. Here is their reply:
    "Hi (Mr.first name),
    Thank you for your response. Please accept our apologies for the confusion. When personal information, like your email address, is entered into a Fortinos or a Loblaw banner contact us page, it automatically connects to the PC Optimum account on file and populates the name on the PC Optimum account. If you entered your name when you created the comment, it automatically deletes it and switches over to the PC Optimum account holders name. (Mrs first name) was the name on the PC Optimum account connected to the (email address I used) email or the phone number that was entered.
    Trusting this information is useful to you."

A company that ignores a person that writes to them and addresses all correspondence to someone else because that someone else happens to use the same email address makes no sense to me and is less than respectful to the writer. Any thoughts? This has happened before but is the first time I have asked for an explanation.
    Holy Smokes - that’s ridiculous. How can that be legal? But now that I think about it, if they are so hung up on the process, I am surprised they even answered anything without verifying with your wife that you could use the email address.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Ciel21 likes this.
    My Orange Key 44990243S1

https://surveys.gobranded.com/users/...f49b113b291653

Starting a new Chapter in the Golden Horseshoe in 2017!

Thread Information