User Tag List

Page 2 of 36 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast
Like Tree3297Likes

Thread: July 2022 Frugal Chatter: All about fresh products and gardening!!!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by HermanH View Post
    An RV rental might be a reasonable alternative. Just as quick to arrange and an adequate temporary arrangement for most people.
    I’ll be gone from late August until the end of June 2023. Winter on the prairies is brutally cold.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Good morning everyone!!!!
    Nice and sunny!!!
    Today the plan is to go to the public harvest,and maxi( deodorant deal 5,99$ instead of 9,00$ the dry one...sadly no coupons for deodorant these time... plus orange juice oasis they are 2$ and a smooties minus free coupon from the cherrios promo more advantageous the smooties it is 4,98$ ..lol

Wait for the new stove,clean the old one and clean the locker.
    I absolutely hate the fact that my body is still in life project function..he still wake up very earlier..I want to sleep more late hahah

Havea a good day!!!
    Last edited by cath007; Sat, Jul 2nd, 2022 at 07:36 AM.
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Morning Everyone,
    Up early this morning, I thought about going back to bed but I know me, if I did I probably would have woken up later with a headache and feeling worse so I just got up.

I thought about going grocery shopping this morning, there are some things on sale I want to pick up but there is nothing we need right now, we have enough to get through the weekend.

I really want to do nothing this weekend but that is not a reality.

I needed a slow start to my morning so well I had my cup of tea I spend some time on Pinterest trying to find some new recipes for dinners. Our dinners have sucked lately. Honestly, by the time I get home from work I just do not care. There were days this week Mom had an "ok" day and was able to either prep or cook dinner so the week wasn't a total write off. But I need to find some more easy options, I really want to add more dump and cook Instant Pot recipes as those are super easy after a long day.

I kind of feel like right now I am in a constant state of I am trying to get it all done but not getting it all done. But today is a new day and we will see how it goes.

Happy Saturday Everyone
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Trading Score
    203 (100%)

Good morning all.

Having to finish up the laundry (bedding change day today).

Meal planning for a few days at least since Dh took me to one of our newest restaurant finds for dinner last night. It was perfect. Sunny, sitting on the patio and the best part…. We were one of 2 tables outside. Then the other couple left so we had the entire patio to ourselves so I could dance in my seat while singing along to the 80’s music! Back to cooking at home.

Also have to puttter in the garden today a bit.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Dinner tonight is steak and shrimp on the BBQ. With all the good stuff. Baked potato, mushrooms and onion and a ceaser salad.

DS is going golfing soon so his will be put in the fridge to eat later.

I finished and put away all the clean laundry this morning. Cleaned the kitchen. Using the dishwasher so dirty dishes can be put in there after use. Will run it when full.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Ds and I bike to two garage sales this morning. I’m starting to collect items for my planned apartment.
    $9 in total for…
    6x matching dinner plates + 4x small matching coffee cups
    1x good quality thermal cup with handle
    1x smaller sized tupperwear bowl with matching lid
    1x sandwich sized tupperwear container with matching lid
    1x sandwich sized rubber made container with matching lid
    9x matching plastic hangers
    Last edited by Angela273; Sat, Jul 2nd, 2022 at 04:53 PM.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Good late afternoon everyone!!! It is sunny and 26 degres,a perfect summer day!!!
    I have another migraine...that suck!!!
    The new stove arrived at 4:30 this afternoon and the delivery went ok-not so smootly...The 2 guys wanted to enter the new stove with the entrance and we said no it is too tight..so we said it is by backward at the third floor....The stairs are ugly and tight too so they where not happy and so on not happy neither to bring back and carry the old stove..I understand but at the same time it is your job!!!
    The 2 guy took a picture for a proff the new stove was delivered. And I had to sign 3 papers lol
    Now it is not connected and unwrapped that will go to tomorrow to tired
    But the stove is beautiful and ok.
    I still am feeling guilty to had made that expensive purchase...but I know it was about time and no luxe..of notg changed maybe it would have lasted another year but same crap for changing it so that is done!!! I am done
    Their track your delivery program dont worth a &?&*?,,did not say it was in his way and ect..

So dinner as I said in the what is for dinner thread will be very simple and hazzle free haha

Have a good evening and night !!!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

hi all... i am in fredricton NB!! OMG. what a drive. I absoutly love road tripping. I started a crochet project.. and learned a new stich . lol
    We should be in Halifax tomorrow . the air B and B .. we have has a full kitchen . thank goodness...
    Hubby and i stopped and walked around the new brunswick botanical gardens. so beautiful.
    i will plan our food better on the journey back .

any hoo we are in halifax for a week. i am insanely looking forward to it. i may even get brave and reach out to my cousin who i havent seen in 40 yrs. lol.
    I am attempting to be more brave. EEK!!!

any hoo. have fun all
    harbie, JadeAngel, barbis9 and 6 others like this.
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

@Giseledta : Wow enjoy your vacantion!!! @Angela273 : Awesome deals at the yard sale for quality stuff!!!

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

A question : Does Maxi and cie does price matching if you are shopping online and delievery pick up at Maxi??? I ask that question because I often see pc offers to get points when you do online grocery shopping...And I could take those points with what I spend and that would be great.I want more for my money.Litterally I saw after this morning I spend 83$ at maxi and cie and an offer after when you do online shopping of 70$ I think 20 000 points.I bit my fingers to not have calculate that....Is that difficult to do and place an online order? Thanks for any advices,imput and concerns, You have to pay by credit card I suppose too???And also does online grocery have delivering fees since you pick it up in the parking???Experiance with that are good or bad?If they dont have the stuff you order they do what..substitution or low the price?

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Did not get all of the things done today but did some of the things done.

I cleaned our kettle, I meant to do it earlier in the week when I cleaned the dishwasher and washing machine but I forgot. So did that this morning.

Washed Mom's bedding, even before her recent arthritis flare up she had a hard time going up and down our basement stairs when carrying something. She originally told me she was going to wash them Wednesday well I was at work. Um no, really, and she wonders why I worry.

Watered all of my plants, they seem to be doing well, got some flowers on some of the strawberry plants and I think the Raspberry plant and the rhubarb is growing nicely. My herbs are doing great as well. I did a little weeding well I was out there. This is a great accomplishment for me, gardening is a struggling for me.

Dinner tonight, I made a Chicken Parm Inspired Dish in the Instant Pot. I looked for recipes online but included cooking the pasta with the chicken in the Instant Pot. I had some Pasta I cooked earlier in the week we did not eat and wanted to use up. So instead I just did the chicken with some veggies (Mushrooms, Onions and Red Pepper) in the Instant Pot, when it was done I shredded the chicken, added my cooked Pasta some Mozzarella and Parm and let the Pasta heat up. It was good but I think I used a little too much liquid it was a bit like Chicken Parm Soup but the flavours were good. Will make it again.

I did find some recipes on Pinterest I would like to try. I found some salads I would like to make but Salads are very hit and miss with Mom, generally speaking Lettuce, Cucumbers and sometimes Peppers give her heartburn so she is not the biggest fan of salads. Will see what I can come up.

I did also take a little nap today, all of a sudden my sinuses just started to act up and my ear and jar started to hurt so I napped out for a bit on the couch.

Mom cleaned the bathroom today, she cannot do the base of the toilet or the floor so I will do those.

Plan for tomorrow is to write a meal plan and do some ingredient and meal prepping for the week.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

@cath007 , we do not have Maxi & Cie in Ontario but I believe they are under the Loblaws Banner so I can only compare to Real Canadian Superstore.

Yes, there is a cost to pick up unless you are PC Insider, it is $3 on weekdays and $5 on weekends.

Yes, you can Price Match but it has to be done after the fact so you do not know beforehand if they reject your price match.

Yes, you need a credit card to pay but I do know people who have a Visa Debit and say that works for PC Express Pick Up

Yes, they will make substitutions, but you do have the option to select no substitutions well checking out. I am not 100% sure but I am pretty sure PC is not like Wal-Mart, when Wal-Mart makes a substitution if there is a different in cost their absorb it but my understanding of PC is your are charged for the product you get so for example if I order Bananas and they sub Organic Bananas you are charged for the Organic Bananas.

I have never done pickup with PC but I have family members who have, my bro's fiancee used to love it pre covid but says the service has down since Covid. Step Mom tried it once and said never again. I personally have only done pick-up at Wal-Mart and have had better experiences than family using PC.

I would check out this link https://www.maxi.ca/faq?icta=click:all-about-pcx:faqs
    harbie, JadeAngel, barbis9 and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Maxi and Cie:
    -4X Raspberries @1,77$ half container pm super c...(maxi wanted 4,99$ for same thing hahaha)
    PC tortillas(the big ones):3,49$
    No Name Sesame Bagels @1,25$ each x2 (this price wub2 or more) will freeze 1 pack later(still wating for my country harvest fb 3 fpcs.. )
    They did not have mini muffins at all grr
    noticed a few empty shelves of popular products grr and that sometime online price and maxi store price are not always accurate...
    4x dove deodorant anti-perspirant dry @5,99$ never I see sale for that so I stocked..reg 7,49$ and at iga 8,99$ same thing iga is super expensive....
    Oasis orange juice mixed 1,75l container at 2$
    Oasis Good Morning Mango -Fruit Passion smootie 4,79$ but free with the cherrios promo coupon
    Philadelphia cheese big containers x 2 @4,77$ pm super c reg at maxi and cie 5,99$
    Becel margarine I was out but so expensive no sales never big container 7,00$ but had a 1,00$ coupon...I readed the compagny was sold this is why no small container at 2$ anymore grr
    Red Seedless grapes 1$ lbs
    Roma tomatoes 1$ lbs

sorry it was a long detailled brag haha ...just want to see how much I saved by pm and compared the prices.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

I went earlier this morning at Maxi and Cie I noticed they are building another SDM(Pharmaprix) in the Maxi and Cie parking lol...not my intention to go there they have to have really good deals and more points good offers to get me there less far than the other one but not interested.Noticed Metro QC have the Monsieur Gustav Gouda advertissed B1G1 and I have 2$ coupons..will see this week

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

@SassyAshley : wow thanks for all this infos,very appreciated,will definitively check that link!!!

Page 2 of 36 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread Information