User Tag List

Page 20 of 36 FirstFirst ... 10 18 19 20 21 22 30 ... LastLast
Like Tree3297Likes

Thread: July 2022 Frugal Chatter: All about fresh products and gardening!!!

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Ok..tonight the plan is just to relax watch a tv movie I have never seen and heard good things about it is Eat Pray Love with Julia Roberts and it will last 3 hours .lol Seems a good movie for ressourcing and the soul
    And I will order some coupons too
    Have a great evening and night
    Dinner will be leftovers with differents salads.
    Giseledta, harbie, barbis9 and 5 others like this.
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

cath-good choice i remember that movie -a good one for sure.
    Giseledta, harbie, barbis9 and 3 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by cath007 View Post
    Ok..tonight the plan is just to relax watch a tv movie I have never seen and heard good things about it is Eat Pray Love with Julia Roberts and it will last 3 hours .lol Seems a good movie for ressourcing and the soul
    And I will order some coupons too
    Have a great evening and night
    Dinner will be leftovers with differents salads.
    @ Cathy- That movie has been around forever and I finally watched it a few months ago. I guess I didn't think I would like so I never bothered but I loved it!
    Giseledta, harbie, cath007 and 2 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

I wandered around Walmart. Canned beans, tomatoes, potatoes and some veggies are .97 cents.
    I bought 4 tomato and 3 potato. I'm going to try the potatoes on the bbq (in foil pack with spices and onion) and make a small scallop potatoes. If I like it then I am going to stock us up. I need to take inventory of tomatoes and will do the same.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Morning Everyone,
    Enjoying a cup of tea before I fully start my day. Although I did set out PVR for the week well I was waiting for my tea to steep. It is my Sunday morning routine.

I did get the cauliflower and broccoli cooked yesterday. No plan for the cauliflower but part of the broccoli will be turned into a broccoli salad.

Today I need to cook the potatoes and make the potato salad, I could not decide between our dill pickle potato salad or loaded baked potato salad so I am making a small batch of each.

I cut up some of the Zucchini and am going to a Zucchini and Corn dish I found online. Corn is a freezer staple for us and it looks like something new and different to try.

Need to make a fruit salad today too, I had hoped to prep all the fruits yesterday but did not get it done, still trying to decide what to put in the salad, I have strawberries, kiwi, maybe some apples, or I have frozen pineapple, we shall see.

Happy Sunday Everyone.
    Giseledta, harbie, barbis9 and 4 others like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Good morning everyone and happy Sunday!!!
    Garbages are out in the bin,1 load of laundry is drying outside
    Time to order coupons haha
    Should be 28 degres today
    Eat Pray Love: I love it,Bali and India are so beautiful design decors.And love the lessons on the movie
    Very a relaxing movie

Have a good day
    Giseledta, harbie, barbis9 and 5 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Picked up zucchini (yellow and green) Will grill on bbq with dinner. I picked up chicken drumsticks ($1.69LB) one for tonight and one for the freezer.
    (DS made a pack last night but he won't complain having it a second night if dinner is ready for him )
    Last edited by Frugalbigmama; Sun, Jul 17th, 2022 at 10:32 AM.

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

I left home yesterday at 9am and came back at midnight. I went paddling then drove to see my mom and her sister and had a surprise visit with my cousins which was wonderful and then stop to see my mil and it was kind of nice being the only one there. I arrived at dinner time so I helped her with dinner before racing back to a friends for dinner. I had thought about paddling today but I am exhausted and so much needs to get done around the house, so instead I booked a pedicure and will work on groceries and errands around that. But 1st coffee.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

I'm trying to stay on top of groceries especially on fresh stuff. Don't want to go overboard and waste but have one ready if I find it on sale.
    Almond milk. We have one open and one sealed. On for $2.97 at FB so grabbed one that expires Sept 1st so we are set for smoothies etc.
    The blue natural corn chips are $2.99 at FB (reg $3.99) Expire Oct so grabbed one to have ready ( we have tons of beef/peppers in freezer for nachos)
    2 bags of Doritos (on for $3 each) Expire Oct. So when DS asks if I can buy some I have some ready hidden in my closet

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Freezer bags- Is it just me or has the price gone crazy? I was buying FB's brand. Stock is always hit and miss. Thinking the Ziploc deal at Independent is good?
    Will pop in there today on my way to pick up DS afterwork.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Morning -i just got groceries at 8.30 in and out before most people ,wowser i havent gotten a big load in about 2 and a half weeks so it came to $167-40.00 in p.c points =127.00 at no frills with only 2 chicken breasts in that order .I notice that they let you have a special if you buy 3 of certain items(this ticks me off as their is only 2 of us and i dont always want 3)i price matched a few items .

i price matched the hot chocolate to sobeys for 2.99-2.00 cpn=.99 trying to stock up for winter.No frills reg price was 5.99 uggg.I got a pomengranate for half off to use in salads .Saved $3.00 in reduced chicken breasts 30% i paid 7.00 for 2 .Such an eye opener the prices ,so glad i used $40.00 in points .

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Yes that ticks me off too CG as there are only 2 of us here-so we usually don't need multiples of a grocery item-especially perishables. I only have a fridge freezer( as that is enough to keep track off) so it doesn't work so well for me on frozen items either.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Super C
    Oasis 960 ml juice reg 1,50$ sale 0,97$ minus 0,50$ coupons x18 =0,47$ per bottle
    I posted the link in the coupon section
    you can print max 4 coupon per person per month..the offer is there since a while so I printed my 4 coupons each month since the begginning waiting on the min sale price and that pais off..coupon expire just in december
    disclaimer they where plenty and i took several flavor of each
    they expire just in 2023 and we drink a lot of juice and I add some to my morning smootie
    saving of with sale and coupons 18,36$ oop8,46$ I paid with change hahah

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Ziploc bags, I always buy mine at Costco when they go on sale, in the medium and large you get 3 boxes in a pack. I grab 2 of the 3-packs in both sizes that tends to last us the year.

I have seen a lot of people get thrown off at No Frills with the multi buys. Not sure about other locations but ours now uses these little clip on tag holders for their price tags and are almost impossible to read. The print on the multi buys is so small it is easy to miss.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Well my day did not go as planned but hey, it happens.

I got the fruit salad made, I ended up using Kiwi, Strawberries, Apples, and Clementines. I skipped the pineapple and did not add the peaches but depending on how tomorrow goes, the peaches might get added tomorrow.

Spent some time in the backyard, Mom put homemade weed killer on our weeds, well I watered and weeded our fruits and herbs.

I fixed Mom's AC, she thought a screw was missing, nope it was there just lose. But it has been causing the unit to rattle so she has not been using her AC at night.

Gathered up and took out the garbage, after my ingredient prep yesterday and Mom broke down the chicken it needed to go out, it is fruit fly season. Mom did her wings yesterday, today she cut up the chicken breasts into Chunks and Strips.

Well Mom did the chicken I did the hand dishes, they kind of got away from us this week and there were quite a few to be done.

No potato salads made, maybe tomorrow.

Page 20 of 36 FirstFirst ... 10 18 19 20 21 22 30 ... LastLast

Thread Information