User Tag List

Page 32 of 36 FirstFirst ... 22 30 31 32 33 34 ... LastLast
Like Tree3297Likes

Thread: July 2022 Frugal Chatter: All about fresh products and gardening!!!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

@lilo0 03 - i am so sorry for your loss

@Skippy - covid sucks. feel better soon
    Skippy, harbie, Angela273 and 5 others like this.
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

i have a drying rack set up in the spare bedroom. holds 1 load. really great for staying on top of laundry. it was part of my frugal 3 things i did daily.

dropped off food for the food bank
    worked on gr list. ... some insane price increases from 2 weeks ago.

my work issue.. .. is resolving itself. i will be in a better place and so will my kids.

i need to focus a bit o how to cut the budget a bit... i am sure i am not alone... inflation is killing me.
    or Swagbucks
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Well Well Well...I returned to maxi and cie for 1 more pack of famillilal pork tenderlion and all the 10 packs where cleared...grr I should really had bought 2 earlier....When I see a good deal I wont think and take more..Seems a lots of people pass in this maxi and see a good deal too...And the boursin coupons where cleared..not surprised...
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Morning Everyone,
    Day 7 and still negative.

Pretty sure my sinus issues are allergies, this year allergies seem to be next level. Everyone I know with allergies are complaining that this year is insane. I was actually feeling better yesterday, sinuses weren't 100% but better, but I am sure today will be worse cause I tested. The nose and throat don't like the testing.

Really the only "symptom" I have is tiredness. I am still struggling with how tired I am. I sleep all night when my alarm goes off my whole body says "nope, not doing it, not getting up." Yesterday by Dinner time I felt so so tired, like boarding on could not function tired, not sure what is up with that.

Need to do some grocery shopping, we are low on the fresh stuff but am super happy with my pantry and stockpile meals were still easy. Even now we aren't out of anything but getting low on some fresh stuff, I need Mushrooms, Peppers, Romaine, Cucumbers and Milk. Although I did still have some Milk in the freezer that we could use.

So happy to have a long weekend, I know not everyone gets it, but we do and so happy, looking forward to 3 days off.

Happy Thursday Everyone
    Skippy, Giseledta, harbie and 4 others like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Trading Score
    203 (100%)

Very glad you’re still negative @SassyAshley . Maybe your tiredness is something else like all the stress you’ve been under and your body has just said “now that’s enough, you are going to rest whether you like it or not “ or maybe low vit D (that’s what happened to me and it felt like I had jet lag all the time). Regardless, make sure you listen to your body and rest.

Its going to be another hot and humid day here. YUCK! It’s going to be fun at work today…..not. I’m looking forward to the long weekend with Dh.

Hope everyone has a great day and stays cool!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Happy Thursday! I am so looking forward to this long weekend. Hope to get some things done around the house but also have fun. Spending one afternoon with my sister/family at their pool. Need my 1st burn of the summer still!!

Will get all the laundry put away today. Love starting the weekend with all the laundry done!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

We just had a good downpour. Hopefully it will get it out of its system and the weekend will be beautiful and sunny!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

Sassy - vry glad you are still negitive.

ok. going to be a long long day.
    i am hoping the repair people can fix my moms stove. really really hoping.

we got a tiny bit of rain.. tiny.. sigh. need so much more

spent a bit of time wiggling the budget around. sigh . and dobuble sigh. little changes add up right... i got this.

so .. QOTD - what if anything is everyone doing to combat the insane prices... interest... everything of life currently...
    or Swagbucks

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

I just shopped on seniors day at shoppers spent $80 got a 10.00 promo card for next time everything was on sale except a few items a few good deals were
    tena liners 8.49-3.00 cpn=5.49 a good price
    elastoplast bandages 50's 5.99-2.45 caddle =$3.54 another great price
    quaker granola bars -managers sticker plus seniors =$1.63
    plus (2)milk and a few other items

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Giseledta View Post

spent a bit of time wiggling the budget around. sigh . and dobuble sigh. little changes add up right... i got this.

so .. QOTD - what if anything is everyone doing to combat the insane prices... interest... everything of life currently...

For us I am really watching the sales and stocking us up. (My price points that I have used for years so before the crazy increases)
    Shop the sales- Plan our meals on the sales only (as I have always done really) Fruit and veggies are the best price of the week (this week- Watermelon-blueberries and cherrys) (bought 2 bags of milk for $3.49 each after sale and coupon- trying to stay ahead of the game on certain items when I can)
    Bread- I watch Flashfood and go to $tree. putting in the freezer before expiry date. (and then make sure to use it up)
    Really its been the way I have shopped for years. I'm just really more on top of it
    I upped my budget money for gas for the vehicle. Haven't really changed my driving habits too much. I still want to live/enjoy life
    Last edited by Frugalbigmama; Thu, Jul 28th, 2022 at 02:44 PM.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Giseledta View Post

@giseledta I also watch the food sales and plan my meals around them . As for fruits and veggies we used a lot and whatever is on sale for the week that’s what I would buy. Today I went to RCSS at 7:30 am for watermelon and blueberries and cherries. I have pears and strawberries from yesterday so we will be good for a few days

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

WOW! I just went to Food Basics to get eggs and cherries. I took a little walk around and some of the prices are just so crazy.
    A can of soup $4.29 (the tim hortons and other similar brands) Feeling so sorry for people that rely on this stuff and just shop and pay the price.
    Feeling good about having that chicken carcus in my freezer to make soup once day soon (My youngest likes soup! and he is cheap and doesn't eat out at all )

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

I am trying to stock up too but not seeing any stock up prices ,home made soup is great .I have 2 whole chickens in freezer which was buy 1 get 1 free which i will use with the carcus/extra meat to make soup after.

Always looking for sales and not just on food ,clothing also just got hubby a pair of gap shorts $15.04 after 2 discounts and $5.00 gap money reg 49.99,got hubby old navy boxers 3 prs for $7.13 or 2.38 each a clearance deal .

Always looking at clearance racks in any store got freezer bags 40 for $2.20 and they are so high lately .

This month set aside a bit of money into our savings as we always need a rainy day fund .

We also have to have a few splurges in life on friday i am going for lunch with my 2 neighbours at a pub ,treat for me .

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Sold daughter,s modern lamp for $70.00 listed for 80.00 but she was willing to take 70.00.It amazes me how this guy pulled up with a tiny car and fit this lamp in .lol Mind you he took the marble base off.

My son dropped in with the girls after swimmming at a local pool,then they love to eat at nana,s house any snack i may have .I dont mind .

In my mail today came a $25.00 gift card for mastermind ,east side marios and a few other stores =free from doing surveys ,mind you it took awhile but i can wait.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

I wishing you all a good evening and night !!!
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Page 32 of 36 FirstFirst ... 22 30 31 32 33 34 ... LastLast

Thread Information