User Tag List

Page 4 of 36 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast
Like Tree3297Likes

Thread: July 2022 Frugal Chatter: All about fresh products and gardening!!!

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Good morning!!! Another beautiful sunny day of summer,I can use to it!!!
    Today's plan: this morning go to mondoux (qc pet store) I found the equivalent of stella and eve food for losing weight it is called vetdiet so much cheaper so willl give it a try) i am sure it will be ok.
    After maxi and cie: for somme bottles water...we are running low and they have a sale
    Finally wal mart : because I want a watermelon and they have a deal and not sure is maxi pm watermelon ,it is not far away mondoux so I will just go in here.
    Sausages dallissa 2,99$ in sale want 3 packs bacon-cheddar ones are sooooo good!!!reg price at maxi 5,99$ outch

After this afternoon: clean small fridge,fridge and freezer...will have to organized it..it is very bad at this moment need attention hahaha!!

Have a fabulous day!!!
    Happy Monday,feel weird to be in vacantions haha,no plan on going anywhere but still weird haha
    harbie, JadeAngel, barbis9 and 2 others like this.
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I have actually eaten Mom's cooking this weekend. It was on the stovetop and well, it made lunch and dinner easier. Just have to endure a stuffy kitchen for some time and if the air is moving through the house via Mr. Wind, so much the better. We've consumed most of the Perrier Slim and La Croix drinks purchased three days ago. Have to wait on tax credit cash this week before stocking up on more beverages and bandages.

I still sometimes lean on pasta or rice for the quick-cook meals when I have no soup mix or meal plan.

This morning, I withdrew funds from my account to add to remaining cash on hand to get an online Asics shoe order done. But my size has been sold out as Asics has a Canada Day sale still going on the site. Sigh. I may have to visit Miller Shoes Clearance store this week to see if there's a pair of New Balance shoes that might fit, as I expect there won't be much to see soon due to coming closure.

Giant Tiger senior shoppers-this is 10% off day at participating stores! I got a kids' pj e-mail and the senior's day notice is at the bottom of the e-mail. GT VIP shoppers-this week there's a deal wus $50 or more on home decor, electronics and two other categories; deal ends tomorrow!
    harbie, JadeAngel, barbis9 and 3 others like this.
    "This is the Way." The Mandalorian

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Today, I anticipate brother will cut the remaining half of the yard's grass, as I took care of the other half on Saturday afternoon. There's a fallen bird's nest to rake up and some shrubs to trim back later in the afternoon to bag for collection tomorrow. Some shrubs have really spread their branches out and I spent some time Saturday getting a few of the worst offenders. There are mulberries in three trees and I need to indulge in a handful of berries today (while wearing a dark t-shirt).

Actually had a bit of skirmish over the washing machine-I had a partial load placed inside but brother wanted to run a load of his wash too, so my things got taken out-this morning. Seldom happens but he's home for 3 weeks (I don't need more white hairs).

Plan is to cook quinoa today with some herbs to have on hand and pan-fry the last two beef burgers with smoked paprika for lunch. Need to get a list of ingredients for a salad to make later in the week-I'm lousy at planning meals and my grocery list seldom aligns with meal ideas (unless there's an intended frozen entree spree-I enjoyed Chef Bombay's pakoras and samosas last week).

Will avoid buying baby apparel this week but next week, there will be at least one item purchased. Someone knows of a favourite service provider expecting twins this year and of course I suggested one of my favourite stores for gift ideas! Maybe there's a way to get both of us in that store to browse and I'll get that one item... plus a couple of greeting cards for upcoming event gifts.

Humidity will rule Southern Ontario this week. Drink electrolytes, my friends!

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Morning Everyone,
    Up early this morning and got right to work. I can admit it, I made an opps last week. I kept seeing seeing the pricing changes for this past weekend on my calendar but was so busy I kept putting it off. Friday my phone went off reminding me the price changes needed to be process but I had not prepped them yet. So up this morning before we opened and got it done.

Today is work from home day and to-do-list feels never ending, since it is a day I can focus and not have too many distractions I have so many things I need to get done.

As for home stuff I have laundry going, the last load is in the washer. It must have been awhile since I did laundry as we seem to have a lot. Most of it is hanging in the basement but there are a few things in dryer.

I have the dishwasher half emptied, yep that sums up my day. Start something get pulled away.

Still need to figure out dinner for tonight.

Happy Monday Everyone
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Errands are done!!! Enjoyed a free medium coffee at mcdo with a coffee card!!! Just need to get lunch ,recall the life project person and clean the 2 fridge and freezer and I am done!!!
    Received the 2 coupons from purina..will kept those in case I need that food again..I purchased the equivalent but it is cheaper at mondoux..

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

While I was in wm for the sausages(I just took 2 packs bb date are july 9 so not so good) and watermelon I checked by curiosity the clearance fruits rack...not appealing and price was still expensives....I saw strawberries,bananas,apples and peachs I think..It is like flashfood not so many-worthed good deals..I guess it very depends if you are lucky and where you live!
    Last edited by cath007; Mon, Jul 4th, 2022 at 12:21 PM.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

The Walmart clearance racks ensure that I pay approximately 50 cents / lb of fruit or vegetables. Even after pruning or removing over-ripe portions, I get plenty of edible flesh. Of course, I need to eat it within one or two days, but that's fine. Timing is key. If you can figure out the general time the new bags are put on the rack, you can coordinate a visit and get a good selection.
    My food may not befit a king, but I eat like a horse.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Well....my afternoon did not go as planned..and that suck!
    I called back the person in charge of my file with life project and she had a bad news for me..I probably wont get paid or to be determinate after august with life project anymore and I need this money so I fight it for it...I will know more by tomorrow pm..grr
    Someone at the school did not did his job the person in charge of my file before and she never meet me before school end last week to redo the paid program..I will have my money paychecks in august but after I dont know what will happen and that stress me...!

Hope it will be fine and sorted...
    Have a good evening and night
    per chance there is always a tomorrow..or another one!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Afternoon sky was getting a certain medium-darkening shade of blue aka warning of likely rain! I spent more than intended at Dollarama but had no worries paying for a bag in case my library items or stationery purchases got rained upon. That bag is now tucked into my smaller tote but I will ensure another bag goes into the bag tote. Good short soaking rain happened before 4pm and the air is rather humid and mostly still (not good!).

Grass was not cut by you-know-who so I cut a small section that bothered me the most and trimmed a shrub. The other shrubs will get shorn on the next fine morning early in the day.

Tried out the newer smaller Apple Makerspace computer at the library. The headphone jack is not on the back(all ports on back are tiny rectangular ones, an Apple design thing?)-it's now on the lower left side of the monitor frame. And IT Admins have turned off the computer's ability to update Google Chrome (rats!). New scanning program is loaded on the desktop (bye bye Canon program, hello Vue-Scan; I assume Image Capture is the new Image Garden but I could not get the program to detect the scanner. More play will happen on my next session).

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Good morning !!!
    I checked the upcoming flyers only a few things appeal me..less better deals than this week...
    Have a great day

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Morning ,wow taxes went up $19.99 a month for us on our house thats $239.88 a yr to live in the suburbs .I dont know what is not going up ,so glad i am thrifty and save cpns ,points ,buy thrift for myself .

I talked to a dear friend i worked with yrs ago ,she is 80 and so insightfull.She is lovely to talk to i talked for and hour and a half way better than watching t.v .She even gave me a compliment ,you and your hubby are doing everthing right in life.

Just relaxing today as we watch the girls for the next 3 days ,looking forward to our min vacation next week with both my kids and daughter-in-law and grandkids.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by coupon girl View Post
    Morning ,wow taxes went up $19.99 a month for us on our house thats $239.88 a yr to live in the suburbs .I dont know what is not going up ,so glad i am thrifty and save cpns ,points ,buy thrift for myself .

I talked to a dear friend i worked with yrs ago ,she is 80 and so insightfull.She is lovely to talk to i talked for and hour and a half way better than watching t.v .She even gave me a compliment ,you and your hubby are doing everthing right in life.

Just relaxing today as we watch the girls for the next 3 days ,looking forward to our min vacation next week with both my kids and daughter-in-law and grandkids.
    Taxes up here too Last year too we had a jump I remember. That is on my list today. 3rd quarter is due July 20th so I will probably go pay today or tomorrow. ( I have cash so I may as well go straight to the town office and pay instead of putting the money in the bank just to pay)
    Last edited by Frugalbigmama; Tue, Jul 5th, 2022 at 10:17 AM.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Rainy day here! I may as well work. Very slow start to my day, I am tired! Maybe some eggs and rye toast will wake me up

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

What's for dinner tonight?
    Rainy cold day I am thinking I should make a pasta sauce or something like that. I will dig in the freezer and pull some sauce and use the rest in the fridge. A plan for dinner!
    Our fridge on the bottom of the fridge is full like usual. I really just want it cleaned out completely and empty!

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

WM Gardenning center:
    4x red geranium reg 4 for 12$ they where in clearance at 1,47$ each
    1x jardiniere petunnia reg 11$ she was 5$
    startfrit hand blender 30$(will be awesome for smooties!!!)
    I saw a crockpot slow cooker for 40$ in clearance reg 60$ will have to think about this one!!

I was happy with those deals.So much cheaper than buying at crazy price at public harvest!!!

Page 4 of 36 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast

Thread Information