User Tag List

Page 5 of 36 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast
Like Tree3297Likes

Thread: July 2022 Frugal Chatter: All about fresh products and gardening!!!

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

It was a very toff and emotionnal morning for me.
    I went to cimetery to bring flowers and plant to my mother and brother.I had not been to cimetary since 4 years maybe,but in my mind I have to do it and go this year.Otherwhise I feel guilty.My uncle did not put anu flowers at all..maybe he will wait for july 17 ..I dont know..So I did not cry but it was very toff.I feel putting flowers and plants they know they are not forgetten and that is a good thing for me.They did so much for me so they deserve that.
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

So glad the humidty is gone and we are having rain.

Yesterday I took the bus to get an x-ray done. I didn't go to the usual clinic as the technician broke her leg and they don't know when she will be back (you would think they would have a back up, but no) so I went to the other clinic across town. I hate going there because they always ask questions about what happened. I'm sorry but if my doctor requests a test, just do it and answer what the doctor is asking. I had a bad experience at this clinic once incorrectly writing something that I did not report. If they have questions they should be talking to my doctor. Grrrr.

Hope to find Ontario strawberries on sale for $3.99 usually Fortinos gets sold out within an hour of putting them out. I wish they would order more, as the window for these strawberries is short. I hate the cardboard USA ones.

Surprised there was no fireworks last night for our USA friends. We had fireworks every night starting last Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday. My poor rescue refused to do his business outside, and bolted for the door. Do we really need fireworks? and why for 4 days? We apparently have a bylaw that nobody is enforcing.

Off to the pool for exercises and fingers crossed for the strawberries.
    Last edited by barbis9; Tue, Jul 5th, 2022 at 10:58 AM.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Pulled a small package of lean ground beef from the freezer (was $2.97 I paid $1 months ago)
    Have it slowly cooking on the stove now. Will add my freezer peppers to it and the sauce and let it simmer a bit.
    I will probably have pasta for lunch and then a smoothie for dinner like I have been doing lately (big lunch light dinner)

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by cath007 View Post
    I went to cimetery to bring flowers and plant to my mother and brother.I had not been to cimetary since 4 years maybe,but in my mind I have to do it and go this year.Otherwhise I feel guilty.My uncle did not put anu flowers at all..maybe he will wait for july 17 ..I dont know..So I did not cry but it was very toff.I feel putting flowers and plants they know they are not forgetten and that is a good thing for me.They did so much for me so they deserve that.
    @cath007 your mother and brother know you have not forgotten them. They will always be in your heart. Don't feel guilty.

I too haven't been to the cemetery this summer (also afraid to see the overgrowth). I still have issues whether a plant is a plant or weed. I used to think if it was easy to pull it would be a weed - wrong. I have killed a few of my late mothers' flowers but I'm learning.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

thanks @barbis9 Geranium dont need much water so i hope they will be fine with the rain.Watered them before I leave thought ,they where very dry...They are beautifull
    harbie, JadeAngel, barbis9 and 3 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

I go every few months to visit my Dad's grave and I get teary eyed everytime. Sometimes I bring a coffee and just walk around the cemetary. They have rules when you can have flowers at ours (I think it is the the week after a holiday- Mother's day- etc
    We did spread some of his ashes in his fav place Mexico but it's nice to have him buried in his hometown and have a place to go to say hi.
    Last edited by Frugalbigmama; Tue, Jul 5th, 2022 at 11:25 AM.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

@cath007 don’t be so hard on yourself . Your mom and brother is up there and looking down on you and the know that you are constantly thinking about them . They will be in your heart forever . We all get very emotional when we think of our loved ones that has passed. Just keep thinking about all the good times you spent with them

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

@Frugalbigmama and @flemeth :thanks for your comment,it help me.

Trading Score
    203 (100%)

Biggest hugs sent your way.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

@barbis9 Don't worry, someone in Ancaster thought July 4 was worth celebrating with fireworks at dusk! Even though the only day they were allowed was on Friday (due to recent Hamilton bylaw change in May before Victoria Day)...I've heard fireworks for 5 days now.

Strange that your usual clinic would not staff the technician's job (must be a cost-saving move on clinic owner's part) or there's an expectation she'll come back on crutches soon (plaster cast = high itchiness in humid weather so work a/c might be preferable?)? The other clinic-yes, keep your gut instinct in charge with the staff there.

Good couple of soaking rains this morning. Guess the remaining uncut grass is having its own kind of field day! Air movement is brisk--grateful!

I tried to log into CRA's My Account after 12pm today and the system trips an error message only AFTER entering username, password and answer to security question. About three others on Twitter were piping up about the issue too.

Thinking of movies, I visited Cineplex.com. Downton Abbey 2 is not showing at my local theatre but The Westdale still has two more showings coming soon. I missed their last Saturday's screening. Cineplex has several showtimes for the Elvis movie-maybe next Tuesday!

Staying online for US Nordstrom's livestream from Seattle about Wish Lists for their Anniversary sale, then I'll log off and nap. When the humidity eases off later around suppertime, I'll go to a grocery store for some items and get beverages.

Smoke's Poutinerie is giving free poutine on select days at different locations in Ontario. In Hamilton, the Westdale location will be doing the giveaway this Thursday. Source: https://www.facebook.com/poutinerie/...68638053148432
    "This is the Way." The Mandalorian

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Good late afternoon everyone
    We had a surprise inspection of fireman for the smoke detector verification ,it was for all the appart and the city I think.it is ok.
    I will have financement after august so this is a good thing and stress off but I dont know the time I have to finish my first part of life project.
    I went at maxi and cie basically for my lunch tomorrow and a few others things ..
    I purchased 4x blueberries pints pm metro qc @2,44$ + 4000 pc points because of the offer of fruits and veggies buy 4 and get 4000 pc points...I always tought you have to buy the 4 differents products to receive the offer .So 1,44$ per pints is awesome my dad goes trought a lot with his cereal every morning and snacking too..but the points offer doubles so another 4000 pc points I dont know why or if they will retake their mistake but very happy...0,44$ per pints might go for 4 more tomorrow because I want to freeze some for my smooties with the hand blender i purchase it!!!

Have a great evening and night

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

@harbie : thank you so much
    harbie, JadeAngel, barbis9 and 3 others like this.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

cath -so sorry about your day,our family that has passed is always in our thoughts somedays .

I just went for a 15 minute walk as the health problem i have dealt with for 2 months is almost gone .I had a very bad afternoon mentally with having a few problems,we watched the girls for an 1 and a half for son.

Ordered a pizza pizza tonight wasnt in the mood to cook.
    harbie, JadeAngel, barbis9 and 5 others like this.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

@coupongirl thank you so much

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

Sunday night we went to the movies to see Top Gun. It was my 1st movie since January 2020 and I may have been the only one wearing a mask. Both kids had already watched it and wanted to see it again. It’s nice when the nearly grown children want to spend time with you. We used a gift card that we purchased earlier in the pandemic for our small local theatre. So even with treats it was a cheap night out.
    Today was a spendy day as tuition and residence was paid for the younger son, but his RESP money should be along soon. All the years of saving when they were young has paid off. He will graduate from his program debt free.
    harbie, JadeAngel, barbis9 and 6 others like this.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Page 5 of 36 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast

Thread Information