User Tag List

Page 9 of 36 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 19 ... LastLast
Like Tree3297Likes

Thread: July 2022 Frugal Chatter: All about fresh products and gardening!!!

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

I just had enough points for P&G loyalty program to get a 10.00 indigo gift card mailed to my email to use online -nice.
    harbie, Angela273, barbis9 and 6 others like this.

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

I took a last minute vacation day so I went paddling and got a haircut. I also bought gas while it was cheap. Sad that 1.75 is now cheap. Saturday I plan to just work on my todo list and get groceries. I had planned to do groceries tonight but with the Rogers outage I did not want to risk that credit cards would not work so I sat and read a book. A much nicer Friday evening.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Trading Score
    203 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by barbis9 View Post
    @harbie is Dh still alive for taking the last coffee?
    I hope you clear up the insurance issue, that must be so frustrating! They have no problems taking your money but if you make a claim, they treat you differently.
    He’s still alive….however he now walks with a limp

ICBC noted in the file that the phone number on file is incorrect and we are not drivers from Alberta so finally cleared up.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by lilo0003 View Post
    I took a last minute vacation day so I went paddling and got a haircut. I also bought gas while it was cheap. Sad that 1.75 is now cheap. Saturday I plan to just work on my todo list and get groceries. I had planned to do groceries tonight but with the Rogers outage I did not want to risk that credit cards would not work so I sat and read a book. A much nicer Friday evening.
    @lilo0003
    credit cards were working as I went to both Shoppers and Food Basics yesterday. The lottery terminals were down and I heard that one of Hamilton hospitals phones were down, kinda scary. I don't get why some people called 911 to report their cellphones weren't working.
    harbie, lilo0003, cath007 and 3 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

I did 2hrs of yard work yesterday. The garden is coming along, but the plants are small because they were planted late.

I spent 2hrs shopping at thrift store this morning. Working on collecting stuff for my move.
    1/2 price everything at the one location, $21.50 in total.
    2x pairs of pants for twin girl to grow into
    1x silver brand jeans for me
    2x Tupperware containers with dividers and matching lids
    1x Rubbermaid lunch container with lid
    1x small wooden cutting board
    1x set of measuring spoons and measuring cups
    2x metal spoons
    1x basic metal Tierra for twin girl

Salvation Army had Bogo housewares, $12.50 in total.
    classroom organizers (one bin with lid, 3 stacking hand-in baskets, 2 matching bins)
    1x medium sized pot with matching lid
    1x casserole dish with matching lid
    10 plastic hangers
    Last edited by Angela273; Sat, Jul 9th, 2022 at 03:34 PM.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

@barbis9 people are crazy, sure it was inconvenient but for most of us that’s all it was.
    I was very happy to find someone giving away kale plants after the darn rabbits ate mine so I stopped by when I went for groceries. I did a lot of price matching and used my PCO. Almost all is food we will use this week. Days of stockpiling seem to be gone. But I did find chipits for 1.99 which is an amazing price now so I bought 6 packages for future baking.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Good earlier evening everyone!!!
    Beautifull day,21 degres and sunny now.
    I just slept late for a change feel great,watch a movie,listening some music and then watched slow cooker recepies I would love to make!!! I readed the slow cooker thread and bumped it,so many great advices ,tips and recipes.It is awesome to know that you can cook a whole chicken in there,beef and pork,it is our favorite meat!!! (love chicken and pork tenderlion!!!) awesome that you can make soups and desserts and that too,so many possibilities!!!!

After I watched a recipe of walfdof salad(apple salad with ,raisins,celery and nuts) I love those kind of salad so I will make it it will be less expensive than buying it at crazy price at public harvest and I can make so much more for the same cost...
    And finally I watched and bookmarked to a recipe of iced coffee..It would be so much cheaper than buying Starbucks or Tim Hortons ones.I want to cut my unfrugal expenses but still want to enjoy those treats

Ok focusing now

I need to reput things for when we defrost the small fridge at his proper place..
    I need to check what is left to do on my to do list and check things
    I need to do a grocery list for tomorrow and planning meals
    I need to maybe order coupons if I have time..but I hope it is a right time of the year..sigh..I did not have the time and motivation to do it in my Christmas hollidays...

Need to clean and purge the freezer sunday..it did not get done, because defrosting the other medium fridge was a lot of job

Alright

Have a good evening and night,enjoy the summer !!!
    Last edited by cath007; Sat, Jul 9th, 2022 at 07:35 PM.
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

@Angela273 : Great deals like always.You definetely know how to shop for quality things at cheap prices hahah!!!
    Do you just see and buy what you need or you have a list and search for deals for those???
    harbie, Angela273, barbis9 and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Ok ..I rereaded to do list I have out of 19 things only maybe 7 things done ..sigh mind you..I added 4 other thing to do hahah...
    like I have a problem with my data internet with cellphone to solve,how to put down the internet because i am on wifi at home and dont want extras fees if I use it too much
    Portable computer problem with my antivirus..he is blocking to much the good pages like sc..grr
    Wash my bedding
    Wash the balcony floor with a mop
    Clean and organize--purge-- the pantry and see what is still good ..sigh..
    so yeah it progress but slowly need to be more efficiant haha

off to do my list of grocery shopping and meal planning..I just cannot do the grocery without a exact list anymore like before.it prevent impulsive buy hahhaah

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

We were affected by the Roger's outage, that was not fun. Friday was a work from home day but hard to work with no internet. Although I will admit just before lunch I got frustrated and hot spotted using my phone and got some of my files off the server.

This morning when I woke up it showed we had some internet (only some sites would open, it was weird) and TV would work but only on cable, could not access PVR or App (Youtube, Netflix). I could not open my work email or connect to our server. After being hold for an 1.5 hours and spending 45 minutes on the phone with a Tech they told me we had a secondary outage in the area (I doubt this) and he did not like when I asked if today would also be credited.

It came back up for about an hour and a half and app on the TV started working but no PVR. Then all of a sudden the TV was telling me a cable was loose, checked them all no issue so it suggested we try resetting out Wifi, big mistake, it did not come back up after the reset. Sat on hold for over 4 hours waiting on Rogers who were of no help. Could not tell me if my area was still down or if it was an us issue.

It came back up about an hour later, TV is still messed up but Internet and TV apps are working, still no PVR but Rogers says that function is still down.

Was not until my Sister-in-law mentioned it yesterday that they were going to buy a DVD player I remember we still had ours. So I got it up and running and we have been watching DVDs. I had to laugh I thought of a movie a few weeks ago (an older movie) I wanted to see and checked for it on the streaming services but no one offered it. Turns out we have the DVD so watching that now.

Bro and Sister-in-Law bought a DVD player at Wal-Mart with a few $5 movies and the cashier told them they had sold a lot of DVD players, DVDs, Video Games and Books on Friday.

Really hoping we stay back up now, because of Friday I have a stack of work I have to get done before we open Monday.
    harbie, JadeAngel, barbis9 and 3 others like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

On Friday well I was waiting for the internet to come back up, I went and did our grocery shopping. I knew I might be hit or miss if they were accepted Debit or Credit but we did not need a lot so I took a little of my emergency money knowing I could replace it later.

Freshco was Cash only, they are on Rogers but said they are supposed to have a backup and switch to Bell if Rogers go down but it was not working, no problem I brought cash. I got:
    2 x Mushrooms 227g $0.97
    1 x Clementines 3lbs $3.99
    5 x Bananas $0.39/lb
    2 x Peameal $1.99/lb
    Total was just under $15 and I paid cash.

Next off to No Frills, they could accept credit but not debit, perfect. I got:
    1 x Avocado 5-pack $2.99
    1 x Cucumber 3-pack $1.99
    2 x Vanilla Yogurt $1.97
    1 x Dr Pepper 6-pack $2.99
    1 x Asiago Dip (the large one) $5.49
    2 x Crisco 3lb Tub $4.99
    **These were still on sale but they had restocked and were still on sale. The Blue bricks were also on for $1.74 but they were sold out which was fine. I did not realize these are the same size tubs as Costco was selling and were paying $5.99 at Costco. They don't expire until Dec 2023.

In all my total at No Frills was $27 and change and I grabbed more than I had planned, I had no planned on the Crisco or Asiago and the Dr Pepper was not a must have but a nice treat.
    harbie, barbis9, cath007 and 1 others like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

I went to freshco on friday morning at 8.30 and they took my credit card .My son said this was an eye opener ,how much he or his wife rely on their phones ,so he got a dvd from the basement and they watched it thru his playstation ,the girls thought it was fun popcorn and a movie .

I went to shoppers today and bought only 3 items ,again spend 90.00 get 20 times so fed up with that offer.I got a cold (no not covid,i tested) from cara who had a runny nose all week ,we were there 4 days .So taking oil of oregano and cepacol lozenges and drinking ginger tea with fresh lemons in it.

Gonna go to bed now and read a bit.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Delighted with a cooler Friday to give some relief from hot/humid days and yesterday's northeastern wind also was welcome. Mom had harvested the scrawny collection of self-sown bulbils that grew into small bulbs of garlic from the garden.

I know the Rogers Outage affected too many plus the Interac system (Interac tweeted Sat it is adding another supplier to system and that launched another guessing game), but Twitter was alive with threads, rants, updates on services working or not and reports from across Canada (plus so many memes/gifs that caused keyboard laughter) about where to access wi-fi (Starbucks etc). It was something else (just like the Facebook/Instagram/WhatsAPp down event two years ago and everyone was back on Twitter). Thursday Twitter was buzzing about Boris Johnson(resignation-check out LarryTheCat), then Shinzo Abe (death). Some posters were using their TextNow app (apparently has a Waterloo ON location plus one in SanFrancisco) where they could get wi-fi as their cellphones were dead due to the outage. When I saw reports of how frustrated some Friday workers were in having to figure out how to pay for something when their go-to debit cards were unusable and banks did not have cash *unless their credit cards worked at ATMS or tellers still had cash on hand), I did not bother cashing my cheque that came in the mail. Just relieved I had purchased some groceries a couple of days prior and decided to skip Saturday for any spending since there were still issues with the outage (and I saw that Interac was not all clear as of Sat morning, the chart was spiking up at 10am on DownDetector). Weird, however, that CRA was down on Tuesday and now on Friday, the Interac system was impacted for the OTB credits. Had to have shaken up some who had spending intentions for each direct deposit. Still no exact reasons have been supplied about what caused either outage situation on both days.

Sunday is another day and I'll see what happens if I head out for a few things in the morning.

I, like @cath007 , am compiling a shopping list to maximize my spending. It'll be Wednesday until I get my OTB cheque (unless CRA mailed them early). There is an alternate pair of runners in my size that I could buy next week but I feel like foregoing them for now as I have other needs that require $$ too.

There were a couple of vegetables that had to be tossed due to spoilage last night. Then I looked at my box of spring mix lettuce and decided to a make a large salad for myself to use some of the remaining produce (celery, carrots, one of the three tomatoes languishing in the fridge). Need to repeat that again on Sunday!

Brother started using a Journie card to save 3cents/l on gas fill-ups at Pioneer. The rare time he gets gas at Shell, he uses the CAA card to get the same discount.

The bottle drive starts in the late morning. I'd like to hand in my containers in the first half hour of the event if possible.
    "This is the Way." The Mandalorian

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

I woke up because of a nightmare...
    I will return in bed soon,i decided to listen some music,open fb and sc to change my mind
    I dont know what the heck happen but I got 2 messages from people knowing my brother and that they where not aware is was dead...very weird
    harbie, barbis9 and Ciel21 like this.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Morning up early at 6.15 ,so came on the computor did a few surveys ,then came to smart canucks .Wowho was able to turn my points into a $25.00 gift card for indigo,mastermind ,east side mario plus a few other stores .Will come in 4-6 weeks .

Today is pack day for our mini trip 3 days with my kids and grandkids and hubby.
    So if you dont see me on here i am away.
    harbie, JadeAngel, barbis9 and 3 others like this.

Page 9 of 36 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 19 ... LastLast

Thread Information