User Tag List

Page 7 of 36 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 ... LastLast
Like Tree3297Likes

Thread: July 2022 Frugal Chatter: All about fresh products and gardening!!!

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Good morning everyone!!!
    I was up earlier(6am) because of a severe back pain again..that suck..
    I cleaned half of the big fridge ,it is much better,I will finish the job and others too t his afternoon
    I cleaned the balcony too,so much dust..
    I am unhappy with the waste of things but still happy to have a clean hassle free fresh looking fridge...I know what I have and the dates now!!! I am desapointed the garbages dont pass this week,they are so full and gross.. grrr
    I made myself a big smootie with my new smootie blender so much better and fresh!!!
    I am starting to check slow cooker recepies for this fall about pork and etc ..I checked some from ricardo and coup de pouce..they are files if you google a little bit.

Have a wonderfull day !!!
    harbie, JadeAngel, barbis9 and 5 others like this.
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Good late morning,
    I got news from financement for life project ..not happy ..but that could be worse..I will get paid until end december they extended the program but I have to had finish first part of it..witch seems very unreel for me....After the 2 part dep secretary will start for 1 year...wow...I have like 10 books to do...in that short time dealine..so unreal

Anyway I am on vacantion since 1 week now..I am late in my to do list so need to kick my butt!!!!
    Always same wasting of salad dressing forgetten bottles or unfinish or bb date is finish..so i am starting to think hey i will make my own it will be so much better,fresh ,control quantity and much cheaper!!

Some things I know that will be use in time I stock a little bit the others one no..I prefer to buy 3 at reg or sale price without coupons than lost 10 product!!

Ok I move on
    harbie, JadeAngel, barbis9 and 4 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Good day! Nice sunny day here We plan on going to the beach after work today

I set up my laptop in the garage this afternoon to work. It's nice out here. I should have done this long ago during the nice weather.
    Just nice to be out of the house lol

Took a break and cleaned off a tower shelf and moved all to the driveway and took a picture and posted for free on Facebook. Tons of kids summer toys/ street hockey equipment etc. My kids are long past this stage. Time for someone else to enjoy.
    I am on a mission to have a nice clean garage!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

DH and I cleaned house this morning-we have overnight company staying tonight. Then we went for a quick bike ride and I went to Co-op and Safeway to get a couple of deals. I was reading through the flyers and two of them( Co-op and Save Foods) said they are going to online flyers only next week. Man I might be old school but I find it so much easier to browse the flyer and compare prices and price match with paper than a phone. Kind of wonder if it is a way to discourage consumers from comparison shopping and price matching-or maybe only I do it the old fashioned way. Of course for those without phones or without data I would imagine it is pretty hard to price match.

QOTD-for those who PM on their phones and read flyers on their phones what method works the easiest for you as I am sure pretty soon all the stores will be doing it-might be saving trees but...
    harbie, JadeAngel, barbis9 and 4 others like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by lizzie bargain View Post
    I was reading through the flyers and two of them( Co-op and Save Foods) said they are going to online flyers only next week. Man I might be old school but I find it so much easier to browse the flyer and compare prices and price match with paper than a phone. Kind of wonder if it is a way to discourage consumers from comparison shopping and price matching-or maybe only I do it the old fashioned way.
    If they are trying to discourage price-matching or comparison shopping by going online only, then it should backfire, since there are so many options/apps that serve that exact function i.e. F.l.i.p.p , etc Online access should make PM and comparisons easier, if anything.
    My food may not befit a king, but I eat like a horse.

Trading Score
    203 (100%)

QOTD-for those who PM on their phones and read flyers on their phones what method works the easiest for you as I am sure pretty soon all the stores will be doing it-might be saving trees but...
    Im old school too. I prefer going through an actual paper flyer but I will check out the online flyers on on my iPad since I find it easier on my eyes. Then I “clip” the items I’m interested in at all the stores in the area, then compare as to which prices are the best for an item and add those to my app on my phone so I can show the cashier. I’m trying to get in the habit of PMing at save on (since they have always been the best at doing it) and hopefully avoiding too much driving. I’ve had such issues with RCSS having stock so I’d rather just stop one place and get it done.

Trading Score
    203 (100%)

Dh was so sweet as to take the last of the coffee this morning so I stopped by Costco and grabbed it as well as a 3pk of bread and a bag of jalapeño lime tortilla chips. Stopped by the horticulture location of the university to get some veggies. Baby kale, big tomatoes (not beefsteaks but more like the vine ripe large ones) cherry tomatoes ( we eat them like candy. Soooooo yummy).

Had to go into ICBC to clear up an insurance issue. I received a couple of calls about my “claim” and then how it was denied because both cars were AB plates and therefore ICBC (insurance corporation of BC) doesn’t cover them. Funny thing is they had our phone number on file but we have no connection to AB. Someone either gave the wrong contact number or they mistyped it. Anyways it’s been flagged so hopefully they won’t call again and the rightful people will be contacted.

Bills are paid in full today, vacation days from work are booked. Now just need to book a hotel when visiting family.

Off to check on the garden.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Maxi and cie
    3x raspberries half pint pm metro qc for 3 for 4,88$
    4 x hellmans 445 ml mayonnaise pm metro qc for 2,99$ reg maxi 4,79$ ..before in sale it used to be 2$ for the small container anyway...
    3000 pc points wub2 store points offer so 6 000 points and 1600 points from a personnal offer (400 pc points per mayo)...too bad the limit if 4 for pming and that my maxi and cie dont accept english coupons and I did not find t he french one otherwhise it would had been a better deal..but still not bad

I think i will go grab 4 more sunday if they still have some even without personnal offer to reach the 50 000 pc points..I am at 44 something. bb 2023 and we go trought a lot in recepies
    harbie, barbis9 and Ciel21 like this.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

About pming and @lizzie bargain qotd: I used to love doing it by flyer but I get use to reebee because we dont receive all the flyers..and wm,metro,gt have good price too!!!

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

I am 100% digital, we stopped the local paper from being delivered.

I will admit I prefer to make my list on my tablet but then us my phone in store to Price Match.

I like Rebee because once a flyer has been opened it can be reopened in store without Data, so I used to be able to use it with my Ipod before we upgraded phones. Since I was used to Rebee I have stuck with Rebee.

I personally prefer using my phone because I put everything in my list and then as I check out I line everything up in the order it appears in my list which makes it super easy and quick when checking out. I just got into the item, my phone makes that item full size (easy for the cashier to read) and then as they process the price match I switch to the next product.

2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Paid my 3rd quarter property tax bill today. Glad to have it out of the way.

Did a bit of running around. Pm'd the romaine at RCSS as it looked horrible at GT. Rye bread/ Multigrain bread and spinach wraps at $tree for $1.50 each.

Making a pot of rice now. Apparently the dog really wanted rice the other night and grabbed the container that was on the counter cooling off. She is at a point in life where if she wants something she doesn't care what anyone thinks. She must me in her late 40's or older lol

Dishwasher is full and will be run tonight. DS can empty tonight or in the morning. I appreciated it this week as I didn't really do many dishes (I usually only run it once or less a week)

Picked up my order from Sportchek. What a deal. $1.88 each (boxers) Reg price $24.99 each. I would never pay that!

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Well i dont have a cell phone ,so i love still doing it old school with the flyers price matching .

Today went to shoppers for seniors discount near my son's and bought him sa carton of milk and cookies for the girls .I spent $80 something and got seniors discount plus a 10.00 gift promo card for the next 3 weeks to use up.Took the girls and hubby ,boy not fun shopping with 2 small girls cara wanted to sit in the buggy ,but there would have been no room for groceries .

Then treated the girls to mcdonalds happy meal ,plus i got a small burger and hubby a seniors coffee.

A little tired day 2 of babysitting ,on friday will be 3 days .But son informed me that he wont need us as much this summer maybe 8 or 9 days total as he works shifts and has holidays .

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by cath007 View Post
    So with my slow cooker QOTD; Do you have any recepies to share with slow cooker or website to look for ? Thanks
    We have a Crock-Pot (slow-cooker) thread here on the forum: https://forum.smartcanucks.ca/376810...thread-canada/

Suggest you look at mordu.ca (where most of the shows on Radio-Canada have their recipes) and also try www.ricardocuisine.com (because Ricardo also had a slow cooker in his kitchen appliance lineup).

Remember about two months ago how I mentioned there is a veggie bacon recipe using eggplant and liquid smoke (and lots of time)? Last night on L'Epicerie, the zero waste segment on using food scraps talked about banana bacon! Banana peels have the ends taken off, the fibres are scraped off the inside of the peels then peels are dunked into a sauce made with maple syrup, soy sauce and something else before being pan-fried.
    harbie, barbis9, lilo0003 and 1 others like this.
    "This is the Way." The Mandalorian

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Last night, I decided to pour down the contents of the remaining Pepsi Zero Sugar pop to remove the temptation to drink it too fast. I have six code caps, so one per week for the summer contest to keep me in the grand prize draws. Then that's it for buying products for codes. I don't want to set foot inside Dollarama because I always look at the pop cooler (whether I'm buying something or just browsing).

Racoons have discovered the joys of walking on an open bistro chair-I washed off the mess (they tagged my door mat and the sidewalk too) today. Heard 3 loud birds (blue jays squawking for more than a minute) in the backyard-a hawk took one of their own down. Hawk turned tail when I was walking towards it, with the three birds in hot pursuit into the treetops. Wow. That hawk must be the cause of the random piles of down/fur I have been finding all over the backyard.

Seems my Chapters order has arrived one day late at the store. Have to wait for my cheque tomorrow to combine errands on same bus trip.

I have noticed that Jockey items for women on The Bay's site no longer included those cotton tank tops in packages of two. Since I need some new ones, my gut instinct is to visit the mall store to see if the last of the items are marked down and waiting purchase. Not sure what I can do for alternate tanks, as I need them as undershirts, not as actual daywear tops (plenty of heavy ribbed tanks etc for that in stores). Still have to figure out shoe purchase-where, how much. Mom visited the clearance shoe store but did not find anything that she would buy plus visited the regular price shoe store. Her concern is the quality of the materials and construction are not what they used to be and the high prices are another topic! One pair of footwear may be only at the downtown shoe store.
    harbie, barbis9, lilo0003 and 1 others like this.
    "This is the Way." The Mandalorian

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

I make my list of what I need and then use FL I Pp to price match because most of my shopping happens at RCSS or No frills. We have actually kept groceries fairly low in the past few months by using up what we have even if it’s not a favourite. Today it’s just DH and I home for dinner as the boys drove down to take their grandfather to the hospital as they want to see their granny. We really think we are end stage now so they did not want to delay, my MIL IS 89 and with a broken hip it’s rarely a positive outcome. Then they took Grampy for ice cream and drove him over to see my mom. I was always very blessed in that my parents and DHs parents became good friends after our marriage. My mom is much younger so it’s helpful to have her close at hand to the in-laws.
    So all the money I am not spending on groceries I am spending on gas and dining out as we are back and forth at least 2x a week.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Page 7 of 36 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 ... LastLast

Thread Information