User Tag List

Page 14 of 36 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 24 ... LastLast
Like Tree3297Likes

Thread: July 2022 Frugal Chatter: All about fresh products and gardening!!!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by cath007 View Post
    Costco was interesting..In a good and bad way..I will go for a nap,calm down myself and prep my chicken ,and salmon for the freezer and will tell you more after

QOTD:How do you spend in one trip at Costco???
    @cath007 it all depends on what I need to buy . It can be lots $$
    Giseledta, harbie, barbis9 and 3 others like this.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Good late afternoon!!!
    Fresh big piece omg of salmon is portionned ,sealed and dated and stored in the freezer.I can make 5 meal for the 2 of us with that.
    9 bigs chicken breasts are portionned ,selaed in ziplock dated and stored in the freezer too.I can make 4 meals out of it.So 9 meal for 70$ equal 4 $ per meal not counting the sides.The chicken breast are bigger than the maxi and cie one when on sale at 4 for 12$..so it is ok.
    Just need to find some inspiration and recipe for those ..I am thinking pulled chicken in the slow cooker. The piece of salmon was 42$ it increased so much... and the chicken apparently the best was 30$ I took the same brand as my auntie..I saw one other brand cheaper but my aunt dont recommand it so...It is killed by hand like halal...
    I had hated to toss away and waste things but now on a happier note I have a fresh clean ready to eat lol freezer

I had the question of my auntie: How do you find to budget ...Hum good question...
    I said well it is fun and I have no choice.
    My auntie go often to costco maybe 2 time a month so I will not purchase a membership lol
    I just need to know and recognize what is a good price
    But I was overwelming by the big space...I did a big stress crisis of panicking..per chance I had my list..otherwhise I dont know..just too many things. haha
    We came accross my cousine and her boyfriend it was fun to chat with her!!!

QOTD: Another one haha:: What do you do with chicken ? I need inspiration haha Thanks
    Last edited by cath007; Wed, Jul 13th, 2022 at 04:01 PM.
    Giseledta, harbie, barbis9 and 2 others like this.
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

We eat lots of chicken!
    Monday I grilled chicken breasts and we made chicken ceaser salad wraps. DS used the last of it today for lunch.
    I make chicken tetrazini (my youngests fav)
    Lots of times just a simple grilled breast with salad and veggies.
    Sweet and sour chicken chunks
    Chicken quesidias
    Chicken & Spinach lasagna

Now I'm hungry lol

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

@Frugalbigmama : Great simples ideas thanks

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

Fab ideas @Frugal bigmom .
    we eat alot of chicken as well. alot. ... love sheet meals so easy.

ok . i am trying to get back to my hard core frugal roots. so i will focus on finding at least 3 frugal oppertunities per day.
    1- used pet smart points, saved 17.50 , plus 2,00 per bag of dog treats
    2- hung a load of laundry
    3- submitted recipts to sb, and r. hog.

goal is just to keep my eyes open for savings... just get back into good habits.
    harbie, Angela273, barbis9 and 3 others like this.
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Probably about 90 to 95% of our meals are chicken, it is our go to.

We make everything from:
    Stir-Fry
    Chicken Enchiladas
    Salsa Chicken
    BBQ Chicken (Shredded for Sandwiches)
    BBQ Chicken Chunks for Salads and Wraps
    Balsamic Chicken and Mushrooms is a fav

We are always trying new chicken dishes. Even last night we added Chicken and Mushrooms to our Start & Dump Instant Pot Alfredo

When we buy chicken I pre prep my chicken, cutting it into Chunks, Strips, BBQ Chicken, Salsa Chicken or Shredded Chicken and freeze it like so it is ready to go. We find the Chicken Breasts at Costco are so large if we cut it into Chunks or Strips we can share one.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Seems fries day is very popular...
    MCcain was offering a FPC for fries too with save.ca..I miss it..but still happy with the Cavendish coupons...
    and MCDO with the app offered a free frie..wow so popular
    I saw too late ( I was at Dollorama and IGA)in the blog after..grr

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

IGA brag since my maxi and cie dont accept english coupons and they where coupons in english..
    I did 3 differents transactions since the coupon state 1 per client
    so 3 FPC's Cavendish fries @3,99$ minus coupons-=free I bought 3 differents bags to try differents fries haha
    and 2 x 2,00$ Nestle Simply Hot Chocolate 7 pack per box @2,00$ minus 2,00$ coupon =0,99$ reg 4,99$
    so for all of that I paid a small 2,00$ love that,happy with that

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

At Dollorama since they are close I bought
    3 plates for gratin ( I want to make coquille st -jacques) a seafood dish
    2 Plastic measuring cups..I had one but it broke
    And some treats haha
    But darn me I forgot my muffins molds in paper..oh well next time..I still have some.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

@cath007 You can probably find No Name muffin cups at Maxi & Co-not sure how hard it is to get certain sizes. When I was looking for large ones in my grocery stores, Large size was really hard to find.

About chicken dishes-I can recommend Martha Stewart's Baked Chicken Veracruz (I omitted shallots as I find their flavour in anything too strong) and there's one more sheet pan meal with chicken, cauliflower and dried apricots (forgot name-will post tomorrow). Good for cold days or nights. Since they take a long time in the oven, don't make them on a hot day!

My Ontario Trillium Benefit cheque came and I waited to get to the bank close to closing time. Managed to get to two stores and decided to walk home as the car traffic on main road was bumper to bumper. The Chapters order still needs a pickup and I said I still have time-not today. Loaded extra bus fares onto my card and have a roll of quarters just in case they are need (should PResto card system go down). Plan is to visit Oakville in the morning or to get there by 10 am, visit Value Village, spend time at Oakville Place (maybe 1 hour tops) then visit RCSS briefly and head back to my town (and perhaps squeeze in that pickup and other errand I keep postponing). So pleased to know the 5/5A Oakville Transit buses are running every 30min-so I can get around without being stranded.

Did a small shop at Walmart and it's apparent I probably cannot keep using my Band-Aids regularly. I will have to use the bulky gauze pads. I did a bandage change when I got home and I seem to be bleeding a lot right now. Have to launder the two clothing layers after the laundry load has finished its cycle. Win some, lose some! Can report that Mio water enhancer lemonade is great if you do two squirts into a bottle of water (500ml). Probably will taste better chilled, so I will take the flavour bottle along to flavour refills on my travels tomorrow (and avoid Pepsi Win Summer drink temptation).

Will see if I can find a few summer tops on sale with designs I like and socks! Plus maybe the things I want in Oakville! Just hope the rain in the forecast tomorrow will be light. We got a light rain just before 1pm (I had hung laundry up by 8am and went to nap by 10 am for 2h then heard Bro call out about the rain) but the rain did not take the dry out of the grass. One perk of the heat of late-it seems about the only thing stopping those big furry grey/black caterpillars hanging off of tree trunks and undersides of tree limbs by literally overheating them.
    "This is the Way." The Mandalorian

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Advisory about the buy 2 Carlton Cards and get a Lindt Excellence ($4.99 value) chocolate bar free deal at Shoppers Drug Mart-there's a coupon pad (tear off a coupon) at eye level in the greeting card area that you need to give to the cashier, otherwise the bar gets rung up as a purchased item. I did not know that the coupon was needed but since I checked my receipt after my bus card was loaded and I had paid, I got a refund from the "return of the cards and bar" then everything was rung up a 2nd time with coupon. Store supervisor pointed out the coupon as flyer only mentioned "see details in-store." My bar was only $4.29 but still qualified for the offer. YMMV. Not all Excellence bars are included-most varieties are dark chocolate. Two varieties with nuts were not in that offer.

I got the Milk Extra Creamy bar and enjoyed half of it. The other half is in the fridge for Mom to enjoy tomorrow. She's going to get a haircut and do an errand as well tomorrow.
    "This is the Way." The Mandalorian

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Finally saw a respectable deal on lean hamburger at $3 / lb. Most places have it at $4.50 or $5 / lb. Maybe this is a sign of a return to some normalcy.

And maybe pigs will fly.
    My food may not befit a king, but I eat like a horse.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Good Morning! Happy this work week is almost over.

Fridge needs a good clean out. I cut up a watermelon yesterday and looks like most of it is gone. Love watermelon but it takes up lots of room!
    We have buns still so thinking today is a burger day. I have a pasta salad mix so I will cook some pasta up now and make that. (we love a pasta salad from a local place but it is $$$. Will save that for a treat for another day. Trying to be simple then next while and not spend $)

Have a wonderful day!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Made the pasta salad. Its in the fridge chilling. I added the contents of a Feta cheese container that needed to be used up so it will be extra good- Hopefully

Dinner-I have chicken Souvlaki kabobs that we need to bbq for dinner tonight. I will grab romaine ($1.99 for a 3 pk) to make ceaser salad to go with it.)
    Burgers on the counter ready for DS to bbq for lunch.
    I will make a salad for my work lunch tomorrow when making the dinner salad. And save a kabob to go with it.

I bought a 50 cent loaf of whole wheat bread on Flashfood. Perfect for French Toast! Will pick up when I go get the romaine.
    Last edited by Frugalbigmama; Thu, Jul 14th, 2022 at 01:04 PM.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

hi all... did the grocery shop...
    22.00 ish in price match savings. qualified forthe freee item lysol products useful and practical... fyi.. has a set of coupons in the box as well.

for pork tenderloins ... sale.. got 4 for the freezer.

19 400 in pc points.
    submitted recipits.. sb and R hog.

stopped at the local garden store. spend 24 .00 got replacement herbs and tomato plants as well as some annuals. i am going to do them soon.

my town is putting in a inclusive park ( side note i believe all parks should be inclusive... ) .. our dpty mayor said... the fence will be installed as well.. .. fence.. fence.. ummm. the rest of the park has no fence... i am interested to see a- need for a fence.. B- seriously.. fence... .. i am having a bit of a ... raised eye brow over this... i suspect i will be ... grumpy ... hoping , really hoping not... but ... time will tell... ..

ok.. my 3 ..
    really focused on the groceries.... ... needs vrs wants... prices, price matches.. less wastage. food prep once i came home.

purchesed replacement products for my garden... should recoup the dry weather losses.

laundry- focus on hanging every day.
    harbie, Angela273, barbis9 and 6 others like this.
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Page 14 of 36 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 24 ... LastLast

Thread Information