User Tag List

Page 30 of 36 FirstFirst ... 20 28 29 30 31 32 ... LastLast
Like Tree3297Likes

Thread: July 2022 Frugal Chatter: All about fresh products and gardening!!!

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Good late evening!!!
    So far just 4 positive responses to compagnies for coupons... The others did not response yet or I dont know...
    Only 6 days,remaining of holidays,time to relax and accomplish more.

Have a good evening and night
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

@SassyAshley : Happy that you have not covid and hope it will continue this way for you
    Skippy, Giseledta, harbie and 5 others like this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

My condolences on your family's loss, @lilo0003. (((hugs)))
    Tremendous focus on getting all of the necessary funeral attire shopping done in the day.

Whoever is the writer in the family will have the privilege to draft the obituary for FIL or DH to provide to the funeral home staff to reflect MIL's personality. Very hard to do on the spot in a funeral home or to leave it to staff (proofreading seems to vary depending on who composes/types the obituary, as I've been reading many published obituaries that seem done by committee (no consistency in voice or subject) or chased by all sorts of punctuation in recent years). Hope all of you can think of what could be considered--looking at family photos could help with content and who to include by name as kin/dear friends as well in the obituary. Have paper and pen nearby.
    Last edited by Ciel21; Mon, Jul 25th, 2022 at 08:25 PM.
    "This is the Way." The Mandalorian

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

@Skippy Do you and DW have local neighbours or friends who are helping with any outdoor tasks or shopping runs while you two wait out Covid's departure? Today was a weather blessing on the heat side of things in your area, I hope? Thanks for posting about your situation.
    Skippy, Giseledta, harbie and 4 others like this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

@Angela273 If the hot weather is adding to your discomfort, take an oatmeal soak. Colloidal oatmeal or run your own oatmeal into a fine powder to make 1 cup for lukewarm soak. I also saw mention of a baking soda soak-not sure how that helps (the salt?) other than it's usually a component of bath products in cube form.
    Good to know you have a timeline about when your sinuses began to act up. The information can assist doctor in narrowing down the likely source.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Afternoon-used my last bus fare to return overdue library materials (and explore newly installed Lenovo ThinkCentre computers-alas, still using outdated browser editions as on the old terminals), donate the Boost packs, and return to grocery stores. Got some bus fares added to card, went into Dollarama for Comet and bar soap (note: Pure Leaf tea 547ml bottles are selling for $2 in four flavours but the product is in a cardboard display next to pop coolers-for contesters interested) and picked up some first aid items and can of frozen iced tea concentrate. Have about $1. and change in my wallet and just enough balance in my bank to cover the July fee and one extra transaction if I went over 12 (so far I seem to be within my allotment for the month).

Found someone's small ring with four small gemstones in the grocery parking lot-thought I had spotted a dime with something shiny next to it-and gave it to customer service staff to hold. Walked home (no other treasures spotted) in the breeze. Had a refreshment break, then found my bathrobe on the clothesline got marred by a passing bird (must have had mulberries) so I had to scrub the stain out (grr). Ran some other laundry I saw in the basement and gave sibling's work vests some Palmolive dish soap and scrubbing attention to rid some of the stains before putting them into the washer.

Have done some dishes piling up at the sink but since Bro has today and tomorrow off, he's acting like he does not see dishes or anything else that needs doing. Is anyone surprised that the number one complaint counsellors hear about couples is that both do not see active responsibility for doing household chores (one person does but other always has to be told to do things). There's a divide between active and passive camps, thus conflict.

Tested the Value Village mini-USB to USB cord on sibling's digital camera-mini-usb cord fits into camera. I'll ask my friend to try it out at the computer next time I see her to see if the Android phone can charge while she uses the Internet.

Grateful I have a container of Biovert dish soap on hand. I ran out of Palmolive detergent tonight!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Could not figure out why my coin purse sounded heavy though was light in the main pockets. I forget about the $4 in quarters I tucked in the exterior tiny pocket (just in case Presto went down during my Oakville trip). So there's a little spend possible for something this week at the grocery store.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Lilo-my sincere condolences on the loss of your MIL. My thoughts are with you.
    Last edited by lizzie bargain; Mon, Jul 25th, 2022 at 11:54 PM.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

@lilo0003 Sorry for you loss.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

To all those not feeling well, have or may have Covid- I wish you a speedy recovery.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Happy Tuesday! I just realized my 4 day work week is even shorter since the long weekend is coming up and we always close down early on the Friday before a long weekend. And another 3 day weekend. A nice surprise!

Sunday night my bestie and I went hoteling for the night. The boys don't have as flexable schedules as we do and they don't really enjoy the relaxing part of the hotel stay where we do so we go often just the 2 of us. (we really enjoy the pool/hot tub/steam room and sauna)
    We are going to go for 2 nights in September we decided.

Stopped at Costco on my way home yesterday afternoon. Filled up with gas for 160.1 L. Spent $9 and change at Costco on a cooked chicken and box of cereal- both for DS (I had $5 and change on a Costco gift card applied to the order). Noticed lots of price increases

Tonight after work I need to unpack from camping/hotel, my bags and car. Tidy the kitchen and run the dishwasher.
    Clean bathrooms. Put clean laundry away and put a load in the washer and hang it to dry.
    That is my plan tonight and I am not allowed to relax till it is all done!

Trading Score
    203 (100%)

Good morning everyone. So far it’s a quiet start to the day. No more active shooters in the neighbourhood .

Its going to get HOT. Like feel like 40 with the nasty humidity so it’s an inside kinda day until the later evening and it cools a bit.

Laundry is on the schedule today as well as washing the oxo storage bins I picked up yesterday from Costco (yay, they got more stock so I got the sale price). Going to fill and label some of them and do a light pantry reorganization.

Im going to get a strength class in , maybe I’ll double up on that one.

Stay cool and safe everyone

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

@lilo003 sorry for your loss how very kind of your family to show much love to her. Praying for all concerned in the days ahead.
    Thank you everyone for your care and concern not just for DW and I but others in this thread. It is encouraging in these days when there is so much negativity in our world.
    Last edited by Skippy; Tue, Jul 26th, 2022 at 10:41 AM. Reason: Site being difficult
    Always remember the What are you thankful for today? thread as there always is something to be thankful for.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

$3.88 18 pk eggs at Food Basics starting Thursday (Ontario) I can make hardboiled eggs again to just snack on
    ($3.79 at No Frills)
    Last edited by Frugalbigmama; Tue, Jul 26th, 2022 at 12:17 PM.

Page 30 of 36 FirstFirst ... 20 28 29 30 31 32 ... LastLast

Thread Information