User Tag List

Like Tree4Likes
  • 2 Post By YesM
  • 2 Post By Ciel21

Thread: Instacart limits refunds

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Has anyone else tried to get a refund from Instacart too many times?

When I clicked Report A Problem, for a refund for poor produce , they wrote back : "unfortunately, we're unable to issue any refunds, credits, or redelivery on this order."

SO I wrote [email protected] with just one sentence: Why aren't you refunding my damaged produce, and their response was "We reviewed your appeal and have decided to uphold our original decision.You can still shop on Instacart, but you may not be able to receive future refunds, credits, or redeliveries unless we determine a situation warrants a refund, credit, or redelivery."

When I realized that my email didn't include any identifiers like full name or a case number, and was actually from a different email than the one I had registered, I thought they must be giving me a standard template so I tried once more, and this time I got a message saying my account was restricted.

I suspect I hit a some invisible limit of the number of times or amount of refunds. I am not scamming them, and would gladly give them pix but they didn't even ask. I've regularly shopped thru instacart for over a year, so I searched thru my past emails and see I've gotten about 6 refunds. So I guess that's the unlucky number. They don't care about proof, just about some magic formula I guess

What has been your experience?
    This thread is currently associated with: Guess
    Last edited by YesM; Wed, Jul 6th, 2022 at 08:24 AM.
    HermanH and Ciel21 like this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I have not used Instacart (operating locally for Fortino's deliveries and now Loblaws has joined the service). But I appreciate that you have noticed there is some kind of limit/restriction with regards to refunds.Nothing hurts customer service more than unwillingness to listen to customer's concern, work with customer and inform customer that at some point, certain benefits i.e. refunds disappear if requested past a number of times. Then I suggest you deal with the grocery store who supplies your groceries about the quality issue via store receipt survey or even better a letter to the store manager. Maybe you can get some produce quality assurance.

I had a billing issue with a different provider and though I was assured a refund to my card would happened, I got a credit applied to my account. I made a point to use that credit (via store loyalty program) ASAP at the local store and not order from that service again. Lesson learned.
    Last edited by Ciel21; Thu, Jul 7th, 2022 at 08:48 PM.
    YesM and HermanH like this.
    "This is the Way." The Mandalorian

Thread Information