User Tag List

Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By JDI007
  • 1 Post By Shwa Girl

Thread: Where can I get cheapest insurance?/quotes?

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I asked my insurance company for a quote for myself, they said the cheapest they found was with an insurance company-Intact, costing over $300/month.. but for a 22 year old car? Is this a reasonable price? or unreasonable? (I've had my license for 6yrs, clean record/no problems). I feel like I should be paying waaay lower, for such an old vehicle that's barely running. Unless it's all about driving experience.

I feel like cars don't' last over 20 yrs, my quote shouldn't be so high but I don't know.

Where can I look to get the cheapest rates? Just looking for basic insurance, nothing else.
    Where do you guys recommend I look? Or is there nothing I can do about my price, is this the new normal?
    -TY

FYI: Another family member is on another insurance company, Pembridge, they are over 60, pay just over $100/mo. Also, older car.
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A
    Last edited by JDI007; Wed, Jul 27th, 2022 at 07:01 PM.
    walkonby and Shwa Girl like this.

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Deja vu for us: we went through the same as you--car insurance going up, but we had good driving records and did not understand the increase. We had an insurance broker. They broker also recommended Intact. We did not need a broker to get Intact-- we could do that ourselves. We fired our insurance broker and went out on our own.

Costco.ca and Inova Car and Home Insurance broker.

Aviva.

rates.ca

The Costco broker is for Costco members. We got a quote from them. We got a quote from Aviva. We have not used rates.ca but heard from others that this site can shop rates for you.

We saved about $800 on bundled house and car insurance. Our former broker's last year rate was $1200 higher that what we got with Aviva.
    walkonby likes this.

Thread Information