User Tag List

Page 17 of 24 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 19 ... LastLast
Like Tree2411Likes

Thread: August 2022 Frugal Chatter: All about gardening and saving month!!!!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Happy Thursday! I can see the weekend!

I am very caught up at work which makes me so happy. Ready to tackle what comes my way today and tomorrow and then I can enjoy the weekend.

Fridge is looking good (love a clean fridge) DS has mac and cheese to eat today.

Think I will putter in the garage later today and then a drive to the beach. Enjoy the sunshine!

Have a wonderful day.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

oh that felt good. I just went into the laundry room and tossed a pile of pillows/sheets and duvets.
    I am on a mission now. DS needs to decide if he wants a few items hanging on the rack down there. If not they go to.
    Going to start at one corner of the 2 shelfs along the wall and just toss or give away or sell. We don't use the stuff at all it just sits there.

Just took the garbage can out to my car and totally cleaned out all the crap and brought all the stuff that belongs in the house in (purse I wasn't using/ beach towel/socks etc)
    Found over $15 in change and a Mcdonald's coffee card with stickers
    So now just my shopping bags/bins are in there neatly.

Posted a cooler for sale. (free curbside last year). Pick up before 2pm. On the porch ready for them
    Now to post 9 more items!
    Last edited by Frugalbigmama; Thu, Aug 18th, 2022 at 12:23 PM.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

I just picked up 4 solid wooden kitchen chairs in the exact style that I was looking for!!!!
    Saw the post on Facebook that they were free on the curb and it was just around the corner so I flew there
    I love them!!!! Can't wait to start my project

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Angela273 View Post
    I just received the email code for my free Spotify Premium first month subscription prize. I won it nearly a month ago.
    Can anyone tell me how many prizes max a person can win with this contest?
    @Angela273 one may win a total of 3 prizes

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

I’m going to pick these up at Walmart. Not fully sure what I’m going to use them for, but we all know that teachers are known for having prizes. I might use them for top prizes for big tests/projects.
    Walmart
    $2 sweet tart candy - 5x $1 CO51
    $2 Nerds Candy (any variety) - 5x $1 CO51
    $2 Trolli - 5x $1 CO51

Chocolate milk has been on sale at Sobeys, but my location doesn’t carry that size. So I decided to finally buy Nesquick.
    walmart
    $3.97 Nesquick 510ml - 2x $2 CO51 (one got here abc one for the rental)
    Last edited by Angela273; Thu, Aug 18th, 2022 at 09:17 PM.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Trading Score
    203 (100%)

We’re back from our trip and back to work(sorta).

We had a great time and it was wonderful seeing Dh and his brother together.

Long story short, this is his only biological sibling, due to extreme toxicity in the family Dh doesn’t have a relationship with either of his parents and their spouses, or his step siblings (his brother has a VERY limited one with his dads side but not his moms).

Dh and his brother have gone through some really rocky times but have worked through it and have a great relationship now (and have for the last 4 years). It makes me smile to think of it.

Dh and we’re able to spend time with our niece and nephew who is off to college in September. Scary thing is he was just a baby at our wedding! Where does the time go!?!

I was worried that I didn’t bring enough food for us but surprisingly we had more than enough! We even had a some for lunch the day we arrived home. Better to be over prepared I guess.

My hand felt better but still hurt. I’m missing the 35 degree weather. I could handle that better than the 27 we had here on the coast yesterday. Humidity is the killer! Gotta love the desert. The dryness made it even better to run in since I wasn’t sweating like a stuffed pig. 5km a day was a dream.

This is what we enjoyed on our runs up there.

Name:  4F830C23-9B9A-46BA-ADAA-F4FA1A6C9B4C.jpeg
Views: 81
Size:  108.0 KB

Name:  1686A849-50DA-45EB-B1C4-31B7F4C13B04.jpeg
Views: 82
Size:  103.6 KB

Name:  1E39FE83-ECBA-4A3C-B35F-73ACF3289264.jpeg
Views: 85
Size:  92.5 KB

Name:  64046424-8454-4F7B-953F-A77EED3CB36A.jpeg
Views: 84
Size:  147.0 KB
    Last edited by harbie; Thu, Aug 18th, 2022 at 08:19 PM.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

For anyone considering getting a Canon Pixma TS3420 printer:

Walmart's flyer shows it for $74.99 plus EPA and sales taxes. Your store may carry the ink packs (2 black, 1 colour) for $69 and change too.
    Shoppers flyer shows it for $99.99 as of Saturday (select stores-call the ones with big electronics sections for stock tomorrow and see how you fare) plus Enviro tax and sales taxes. Shoppers may also carry the XL ink (1 colour, 1 black) for $74.99 as well.

RCSS has the Canon printer paper on sale for $5.99 /ream, limit 2 (it's for black and white copies-if you need pro looking colour copies, you have to find the pricier colour printer paper; for home use colour prints, make sure you hit the Grayscale printing option in Printing Preferences before you go to Print to save on the colour ink; don't do this if you are making colour photo prints on photo paper though).
    "This is the Way." The Mandalorian

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Mail today-my bank statement, free cider coupon from the Wine Rack (located next door to my bank branch! ) and real estate flyer. Score!

Had my last two special flavours of Mountain Dew. Purple Thunder was worth the experience! This is my version of having "novelty food and drink at the CNE but it's the home edition".

Speaking of the CNE in Toronto-in case you had bought CNE tickets in 2020 or 2021 and can find them, they WILL be honoured at the gates this year. Tonight's the last day to buy advance tickets or passes. The Euroslide ride will not be available-there was a mechanical issue that put it out of commission for the summer. Sorry.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

@harbie Love your photos! It is heartwarming to know that some relationships manage to find their own strengths and exist despite toxic relationships. Here's to many more years of celebrating that bond!

BTW, The Energy Paradox book by Steven Gundry has a few vegan recipes sprinkled in the back of the book. Ground "beef" tacos ("meat" is a walnut/mushroom blend), Instant Pot Leek, Kale and Mushroom Soup (plus the mushroom broth recipe) and Kate's Thanksgiving Salad. There's an Instant Pot Millet with Strawberries Porridge. CC @SassyAshley There are other mushroom related recipes. Author did not do 200 recipes-more like key 20-25 he thought would interest his readers (he has a few recipes Breakfast or Soups on GundryMD website but they don't all look familiar). If you can locate a physical or digital copy through your libraries, don't forget to read his chapter on how gut health works. It's fascinating! I skipped to the back chapters and now have two or three middle ones left to finish reading.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Ok I am tired and have back pain plus weird pain to my feet toes...
    OK dad went for another estimation of the repair...and it will be 300$ not 1000$ but it will last 3 year...basically the rest of the life of the car .They will do something else as the catalysor is still good..cut something and add something...it is the time that is expensive
    Ok I purchased at a clearance event my winter and fall coats ..150$ reg price 350$ but i dont believe that
    I am happy but ..they where not many size at my ok size...grr
    I will have to loose weight and cut sugar
    No offer for the trades pepsi codes..I am surprised
    A little bit ticked I will rewrithe to a compagny i really like because they did not respond back
    Off to bed...tgif tommorrow..i have enough
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

@Frugalbigmama Giving you the Marie Kondo rep award... Can you come over in September so we can make this home a little more Martha Stewart and less like random stuff long-overdue for trip to the dump? Teasing, but I really do envy your organized home! I am going to try some small stuff that won't be too noticeable while family is on their trip. Need space and serenity and everything in its place.

Tonight I will end the Amazon Prime membership after giving some shows the quickest of looks. Don't want to be stuck paying for September as this laptop is being returned tomorrow to my friend. Part of putting things in order-had lots of online fun this summer. At least there's Youtube on the smart tv and I spotted an animated movie I need to watch this month. I will have to access Internet around Sept 6 to check if any of my CNE Foundation raffle numbers got the 50/50 jackpot or not.

I want to take a page out of @Giseledta's play conference and have one fun thing to do for at least 15min each day. There's a Lego Dots pencil holder still in its unopened box waiting for my hands to get busy, plus the Dots strap has not had its buttons changed in a long time. The bubble mix will fill in on several days and my puzzles as well!

Grateful for cooler summer nights! Those dropped degrees count. So long for now!

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Harbie -such lovely pictures ,glad you enjoyed your vacation .

My hubby has 4 brothers and we only talk to one and his wife (the rest are toxic or just dont care)I have my younger brother who is not in my life ,stopped being in my life when i took my dear mom into live with us many yrs ago .

Had the girls today ,had to kill time while ashlyn was in her summer program of school from 9-11.30 .So visited a friend ,took cara to the mall to return an item .Then we took the girls to swiss chalet as kids ate free this week .The best part a robot cat served us our food (beside the waitress),the girls were estatic,it talked too (looked like something from Lost in space -lol too cute .
    Now get one day of rest then have the girls at noon on sat overnight while son/wife go to a wedding and have the evening alone on their 12th anniversary .Did i say i am such a nice mom .lol

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

@harbie what stunning pics! I'm so glad you and DH overestimated your food supplies and had more than enough for the trip there and then some.
    Families huh? Yep, I get it. Estrangement is a word we know first hand. Heartwarming that DH and his brother have found a way to work through their experiences and reach a place to have a relationship.
    Giseledta, harbie, barbis9 and 1 others like this.

babies teach us acceptance

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

@harbie love all your pics. Glad that you had a great time with family on your trip
    Skippy, Giseledta, harbie and 2 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

@Ciel. Thanks! My oldest needs to come pick up lots of his "stuff" Including the 3 sets of tires in the garage. Then I can really start organizing
    @harbie . Love time spent by the water Clears the mind!
    Skippy, harbie and cath007 like this.

Page 17 of 24 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 19 ... LastLast

Thread Information