User Tag List

Page 2 of 24 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast
Like Tree2411Likes

Thread: August 2022 Frugal Chatter: All about gardening and saving month!!!!

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

@Ciel21 : thanks for the many suggestions about a day planner or agenda.Will definetely check Dollorama or Staples or Winners when dad will have his car back,maybe this week end!!!
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Angela273 View Post
    I’m optimistic that the new high dose medication is working. I took the antihistamine at 8am yesterday. I also took the new medication when I ate breakfast. I usually need the second antihistamine dose in the afternoon. I think the new medication is working. Some of the spots aren’t looking so red this morning. It is promising.
    @Angela273 glad that the medication is working. Hopefully the itching will resolve itself quickly.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by cath007 View Post
    @Ciel21: thanks for the many suggestions about a day planner or agenda.Will definetely check Dollorama or Staples or Winners when dad will have his car back,maybe this week end!!!
    @cath007 I buy Brownline page-a-day daytimers from Costco - usually a 2 pack for $10. Last year I sold the second daytimer for $5 on Facebook.

Dollarama has calendars but I don't know when they start carrying 2023 calendars.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

wow on the savings !!!! @Angela273 : wish I found and have that many coupons,very hard to find coupons always cleared tear pad and I try to find them in french less hazzle with maxi and cie who now accepting just in french or bilingual..hope bilingual are ok tought.
    I trade for some of my coupons. Many people will trade tear pad coupons for postage stamps.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Happy to walk past a sampling of Coffee mate flavoured coffee creamers at Fortinos. I tried the coffee crisp one, and got a free coupon (value $5.69) and I grabbed one for my best friend. Rarely find free product coupons in-store.

We just had rain but the heat/humidity continues. I have started drinking Hyralite electrolyte powder. Easy to use and it really helps with dizziness and nausea from this heat. I love summer but I hate this humidity.
    Last edited by barbis9; Mon, Aug 1st, 2022 at 09:06 PM.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Tomorrow is 10% off Tuesday at Sobeys. I’m going shopping before Dh leaves fir work in the morning, that way I won’t have to rush out the door late in the evening after Dh gets home. I’m also more likely to find what I’m looking for in stock at the store. It will likely be the last 10% Tuesday that I can shop until the new year, since I’ll be teaching and living in that small town during the week. Some months I might organize a 10% Tuesday shop for Dh to do in my absence. He likes my coupons and uses Air Miles, but we acknowledge that I’m better at it.
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Quote Originally Posted by barbis9 View Post
    Happy to walk past a sampling of Coffee mate flavoured coffee creamers at Fortinos. I tried the coffee crisp one, and got a free coupon (value $5.69) and I grabbed one for my best friend. Rarely find free product coupons in-store.

We just had rain but the heat/humidity continues. I have started drinking Hyralite electrolyte powder. Easy to use and it really helps with dizziness and nausea from this heat. I love summer but I hate this humidity.
    oh wow an fpc in store!!!!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Thank you @cath007 for starting the thread

Lots to do today . Will start off with laundry

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Good Day! Hope everyone had a wonderful weekend. We had sunshine all weekend and the rain only came last evening. A gloomy day today.

Spent the day at my sister's pool on Saturday. She had to take my niece and friend to a mani appointment so I went to her local Zehrs.
    They had the samples of coffee creamer and the FPC as well and I got 11 What a great find!
    Checked out the waterfront festival and got our steps in. So many people!

Took a walk through Independent on my way to pick up DS on Sunday. They had a bunch of markdowns/clearance. .94 cents for pasta sauce, pasta and canned veggies. (I picked up sauce and pasta) $4.94 for a large bag of Basmatti rice!! All had expiry dates in 2023/2024.
    I will make sure to make this a weekly routine since I have been finding deals the past few weeks there.

Dinner last night. I made garlic shrimp shrimp and served it on top of a rice/veggie mixture (I added the leftover coleslaw to the rice and it was really good!)
    I made leftovers for my lunch today but forgot about it when I made my lunch today to bring in to the office lol. (I had made egg salad yesterday) so I made my bento container with an egg salad sandwich with cherries and watermelon. I brought a cream of wheat with almond milk and fresh blueberries for breakfast.

The fridge is stuffed. So many fresh things to enjoy (I bought 7 packages of blueberries! $1.66 compared to $4.99 at RCSS where I pm'd) and bonus PC PTS!!
    The watermelon is good and I will buy another on Thursday (No Frills under $3) .88 cucumbers GT (I pm'd and had 300 pts per $1 in pc pts) Tonight I will clean out the fridge and try and organize it a bit. I have upped my healthy eating and prepping is what helps me.
    Hoping to go to the beach after work tomorrow night and will bring a nice dinner in my bento container

So this weeks plan is to get through work. Tidy the house. Get posting stuff for sale so I can build my "crap sold" fund.
    Prep the spare room for paint. This room can finally be empty so I am thinking of moving my office in there. (It is spiderman blue at the moment lol)
    Keep up on laundry. Go for a walk tonight before bed everynight
    Have a wonderful day everyone!
    Last edited by Frugalbigmama; Tue, Aug 2nd, 2022 at 01:24 PM.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

I redeemed $50 in Air Miles. Used $39.28 in coupons. Earned 140 Air Miles. Saved $20.38 from 10% off Tuesday. This is the highest dollar amount that I’ve spent on 10% Tuesday in 2022.

I picked up 4 175g packs of turkey bacon for $1.27 each. They were short dated, so I put 3 into the freezer.

I also picked up 3 whole chickens for $1.70/lb each, because they were short dated. One is tonight’s supper, the other 2 are already in the freezer. Each chicken had a $3 off coupon.

I also picked up corn chips for 50% off.
    Last edited by Angela273; Tue, Aug 2nd, 2022 at 12:07 PM.
    Caddle Referral Code:

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

wow angela you did great i just went to sobeys and got few deals bonsterra 6.99-2.00 cpn=4.99 for 24 single rolls plus 20 airmiles when you buy 2 .

Dropped ashlyn off after 2 days ,cara still has a fever poor little one (no covid) as my daughter and sebastian are on their way to our house from montreal for 4 days .

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Today I dont feel good...
    I vomitted in class and do a big crisis of panick.I am home,we cannot miss with this program...I wrothe to the person on charge for explaning the situation and just hope for the best...
    Dad will pick up his car this afternoon.

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Today I dont feel good...
    I vomitted in class and do a big crisis of panick.I am home,we cannot miss with this program...I wrothe to the person on charge for explaning the situation and just hope for the best...
    Dad will pick up his car this afternoon.
    oh dear @cath007 that doesn't sound good. I hope your panic situation lessened. Feel better soon!

babies teach us acceptance

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

3 days left of this work week. yes i am counting. love doing swimming lessons... but they are a time sucker.
    after quiet time took the kids for a walk. and a play at the skateboard park . they love it

suppper is egg roll in a bowl and chicken balls. I buy the noname one at rcss. they are pretty good.

all in all a pretty decent day. got lots of little things done. tonight.. good supper , and crochet.

tomorrow will be very hot. and humid.. is what it is . might do some water play in the afternoon.... hmm.
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

My kids started their swimming lessons today. We’ve been taking them swimming every weekend for the past few weeks, to help them be prepared. I’m not overly optimistic that our twins will pass. They’ll have to work hard and we’ll take them swimming again on the weekend. They have 9 1/2hr classes over two weeks.

I bought an adapter so that I can hook up an extra monitor for my work laptop computer. Glad that I remembered to use the $25gc that we won a couple years ago. It covered most of the cost. So far none of the promised resources from my new school division or teaching friends have been sent to me electronically. There is a sale on TeacherPayTeacher today and tomorrow. Unfortunately I’m not sure exactly what I’m looking for…will have to see.

I took the kids with me for a short trip to No Frills to picked up some deals. Used $40 in points and $8.49 in coupons. Earned 1,600 points.

Cooked a nice roast chicken dinner for supper. Choice of chicken buns or wraps with tossed salad for supper tomorrow.

Finally spent an hour transplanting all the small plants that were taking over the kitchen. Two medium/large sized pots outside. Some medium and small pots in the kitchen. No cheap plastic seedling pots. The soil cost more than the actual plants.
    Last edited by Angela273; Tue, Aug 2nd, 2022 at 10:15 PM.
    Caddle Referral Code:

Page 2 of 24 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread Information