User Tag List

Page 8 of 24 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 ... LastLast
Like Tree2411Likes

Thread: August 2022 Frugal Chatter: All about gardening and saving month!!!!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

really great day today. kids had a blast at the wading pool and splash pad.

rain this afternoon.. started my room rearrange. donated 2 items. hung a load of laundry.

QOTD - what do you do ... on a consistant basis to save money... little things.. ... i have always believed ...little things add up
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Trading Score
    203 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Giseledta View Post
    QOTD - what do you do ... on a consistant basis to save money... little things.. ... i have always believed ...little things add up
    For me it was little things like watch carefully how much coffee I get outside of the house. Even McDonald’s coffee will add up over time.

-watching how we run errands and try not to waste time and diesel driving back and forth.

-return bottles. My dad gets an average of $200/month from the condo building he’s in and more in December.

-we do little splurges on treat foods so we are not tempted to grab something and end up paying more for it later.

Not sure if that’s what you were after?

Trading Score
    203 (100%)

So today I had an eye exam booked. It’s been 4years since my last one . My mom has macular degeneration and so did my grandma so I’ve been a tad concerned but too chicken to get it tested. Anyways I went today and it’s all good! I have a healthy macular and my o E eye actually improved! Phew! What a relief. I’ll be going back once a year to make sure it’s still all good.

Picked up a running water bottle today and saved $10 from the one I saw yesterday. Still $40 but I’ll take the savings to stay hydrated.

Got 2 Silk Nextmilk for a grand total of 14C .

They were on sale for $3.79 (which is awesome as it is, it’s normally $5.49)
    I used 2- 50C coupons found in store.
    Used 6.76 in gas coupons for a total of 14c for both. The deposit and recycling fees are 16c on each alone.

Hubby picked up Impossible nuggets for $6.99 reg $9.99

Im going back to get a pair of prescription glasses and another pair of sunglasses and take advantage of the great sale promotions they have on.

Lastly, picked up a few things at SDM including an elbow sleeve which I’ve been needed and got just under 21,000 pc points for the purchase.

All in all a good day!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Today was a good mail day. I received 3 coupon trades and my Caddle cheque.

I’ll be doing at big NF trip this week. There are some good match ups with coupons and points.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

really great day today. kids had a blast at the wading pool and splash pad.

rain this afternoon.. started my room rearrange. donated 2 items. hung a load of laundry.

QOTD: like @harbie return the bottles
    Buy litter at WM same quality more and cheaper,same with their food at mondoux now not at veterinary twice the bag for weight lost as the same price,
    Use store brand name,they are just the same quality but cheaper
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

@harbie : Thanks for the reminder I need to check to book an eye exam too...hope my glass are still fine tought..but tomorrow it is dentist cleaning appointment.just as important

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

i do pork tenderloin as a sheet meal... sprinkle some garlic and greek spice. drizzle of olive oil... potatoes, and root veggies.
    @Giseledta; What a great idea,will definately have to put on my grocery shopping list the garlic greek spice and olive oil.Sound delicious and so easy my kind of meal,thanks for the idea

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

What i do to save money

-always have my bags in the car ,so as to never purchase at stores ,and always have my coupons on me.Today i returned a ripped bag to freshco and they let you have a new one saved $3.50

-i buy a lot of used thrift store clothing for me and always buy my clothing on clearance or on sale,same for shoes ,socks ,underwear etc.My dear hubby got a few under armour clothing given too us this yr from my older brother (who passed).

-always look at clearance sections and try to buy ahead for my grandkids ,even if it is clothing or toys .Today at walmart got a toy for half off for sebastian ,last month got a top for ashlyn for 1.47 from old navy online and a dress for cara from walmart for 3.00.

-i am trying to stock up ,but it is hard since the pandemic ,so utilizing points programs also helps,also caddle ,checkout51 and gocoupons too (i cant use a lot of others thru apps as i dont own a cell phone )

-always trying to get seniors day at rexall or shoppers(sometimes i miss)

-ask for reduction in price thru the retention dept for cable,phone etc
    -buy reduced meat ,bread etc
    -dye my own hair ,do my own pedicure -havent been able to do my nails due to infections in my skin around my cuticle this yr

-buy gifts thruout the year for others when on sale
    -saved hundreds on my house insurance from switching 2 yrs ago.
    Last edited by coupon girl; Mon, Aug 8th, 2022 at 10:26 PM.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by coupon girl View Post
    What i do to save money

-always have my bags in the car ,so as to never purchase at stores
    I just use the plastic bags available for produce and meat. I think that it is a legal/health requirement for stores to provide those bags, in order to separate them from other groceries and limit cross-contamination.
    Giseledta, harbie, barbis9 and 2 others like this.
    My food may not befit a king, but I eat like a horse.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

QOTD

I try to enter contests regularly. I won a coupon that I was then able to trade for something better fit my family. I should get back in the habit of listening to the radio in the morning and try to win free pizza or breakfast. We’ve never managed to win the birthday corner DQ cake.

I keep my reusable bags in my vehicle. I keep a Ziploc bag of coupons that I use regularly in my purse, and my pencil case of coupons in my bag of bags.

I put reminders in my phone to request coupons from companies that I buy from regularly. Each week I check fliers, various points offers, rebate apps, etc. I mix and match to make my grocery lists. I check the regular clearance sections at my local Sobeys and WM. I work hard to avoid takeout, although Dh likes to eat out as a family once every week or two. I’ve struggled with meal planning lately, but still make a point of cooking with what’s on hand and not letting leftovers go to waste.

I regularly check our second hand stores Facebook pages for potential weekly sales. I buy nearly all of our clothes second hand, even my dress clothes for teaching.

My kids and I routinely go for bike rides or walks…exercise, save gas, and collect items for SARCAN. We’ll do a SARCAN run before I move in 2wks time.

With my upcoming move…I have been busy making lists and buying things on sale or second hand. I rented a small old house with all utilities included and it comes mostly furnished. The house has a window AC unit, I’m skeptical that any windows actually open in the house…so cooling the house might be difficult. The house has a weird floor plan…full bath is in the basement and I have to be careful not to honk my head on the way down the stairs. The school custodian warned me that she drives to Regina to go grocery shopping. There is a CO-OP in town, but they treat it a like a 7-Eleven due to its crazy prices. I have a blue camping cooler that will make weekly trips with me home. I’ll bring most groceries with me. Our freezer is pretty full and I have a section organized for the move. I’ll do more baking on the weekend after my official move, freezer items then for school lunches Since we’re running out of room in this freezer. The rental house has an apartment sized chest freezer. I’ll also bring some garden veggies with me too. Pantry staples are already packed up for the move.
    Last edited by Angela273; Tue, Aug 9th, 2022 at 07:11 AM.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Good Morning. Another rainy start to the day but they said on the radio that the sun should be out later. Here is hoping!

The fridge was cleaned out last night and leftovers eaten. We really don't need anything other then lettuce.

Meal Plan-

Tonight- burgers on the bbq with salad (have a full pack of hamburger buns that need to be used up)

Not sure order but the next few meals will be:
    Rice with veggies in fridge with garlic shrimp
    Homemade mac and cheese
    This and that night (use up the odds and ends in the freezer, appitizers, perogies, sweet potato fries etc)

Spare room clean up/organize- Last night I cleaned the window. It was filthy. I also stripped some of the paint that was bubbling (tv was on wall and I guess the heat bubbled the paint) Tonight I will toss all the computer stuff of DS's in a box and deliver it to his new computer set up. Move the book shelf to the garage. Move the Christmas wrapping paper box under DS's bed. (its under the bed in there) Post the bed for sale in spare room.
    Tomorrow night I will putty the holes in the wall.

Have a great day!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

On my one PC Optimum card I have the offer Spend $15 in 3 different transactions receive 7,000 PC pts (by August 31st)
    Well my oldest likes Annie's Mac and cheese shells. It is on for $1.99 many places and on for 2 for $4 at SDM. So hopefully they have 8 boxes tonight on my way home and that will be purchase #1 done I planned on stocking him up on it so this is a pay back to me in the end

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Yay no more tooth decay at my dentist cleaning appointement..but 4 things to watch...next appoitment in 1 year.
    Giseledta, harbie, Purdee and 7 others like this.

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Wrt the QOTD, I do many of the same things that @coupon girl and @Angela273 do, but I've gotten blase about printed coupons, I haven't wasted my own paper and printer to produce them in years. Since 2 kids moved out a while ago we've almost outgrown any desire ( or need ) for any of the products that coupons apply to, which are kid friendly, but high in sugar, salt, carbs or fat.

I tip my hat to coupon girl and Angela273 who have made their best efforts to thrive during a pandemic. One foot in front of the other every day.

Name:  you gals rock Angela and coupon girl.jpg
Views: 91
Size:  22.6 KB

babies teach us acceptance

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

EDIT. Peaches on for $2.97 starting Thursday so will wait till then to buy another basket for DS
    Last edited by Frugalbigmama; Tue, Aug 9th, 2022 at 11:49 AM.

Page 8 of 24 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 ... LastLast

Thread Information