User Tag List

Page 16 of 24 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast
Like Tree2411Likes

Thread: August 2022 Frugal Chatter: All about gardening and saving month!!!!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I leafed through the current Shoppers flyer and noticed the same PC Opt pts offer-5000 pts for every $15 spent on Nestle Favourite snack size treats. I was recycling the newspapers and flyers and just wanted to make sure I hadn't missed an item of interest on my grocery list.

Have determined I have a $24 first aid supplies spend this week and then have $56 left for groceries. Should my refund come through, I'd have about $14 on the card available to add for other groceries with enough left in account to cover my August bank fee. Keeping list focused on fresh produce and shampoo and one jug of Woolite detergent.

The $1.23 black Sharpie I purchased at Walmart about three weeks ago is in the garbage bin. The ink faded really badly when I was using it this week to jot a note on a cue card. So check your Sharpies if you buy the singles or packs at Walmart. I don't really need a pack of Bic Atlantis retractable pens as I still have a few left from last year's big shop of pens. The 4 pk of BIc pens used to be $3.47 during BTS in past three years; now the price is $3.98.
    "This is the Way." The Mandalorian

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

@cath007 Does your school offer any free USB keys as part of orientation/return to fall semesters (usually a bag you collect during orientation /welcome back days)? Or have a campus store with student pricing on USBs? My brother gave me a 4GB Corsair key to which I have clipped on a shortened lanyard (about 5" loop in total, cut down and sewn from a regular width width lanyard with my library keytag attached (which helped the return of my dropped USB making it back to me about 3 yrs ago outside of the library!). Look around to see if you find Corsair-the key has a very comfortable teal/black rubber body, making it easier to grip to insert/to remove from USB ports-at local stores/Staples. It's not teeny like a stick of chewing gum.

AFAIK , my COrsair flash drive is for USB 2.0. There's a USB 3.0 version online: https://www.corsair.com/us/en/Catego...p/CMFVY3A-32GB

I'm not a fan of those thumb drives where I have to swivel the USB key from under a metal "shield."
    Last edited by Ciel21; Wed, Aug 17th, 2022 at 02:13 PM.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Received by e-mail all my 7 codes from Pepsi summer win contest(3 differents accounts) today,..they are up for trade.(see trade coupon section if you are interested) thank you
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Since it is wednesday again dont forget to save your 4 favorites pc offers that you dont plan using today.!!! I just did mine

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

@Ciel21; Thank you so much for all the suggestions but it is a so small adult school in QC...so they dont provide that...They dont have a kiosk... So I went to Buropro and purchased another one but not the same brand...at least it work oh and a good brand of chocolate kind of a bad day ...again the compagny kingston the other usb key will do nothing no replacement because I cannot provide de numbers illustrated on the key they are so tiny..that really suck...
    Last edited by cath007; Wed, Aug 17th, 2022 at 07:02 PM.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

Last day of my course!! woot hoot!!
    brain is in overload. lol.

spoke to my youngest today. that was so nice.

i spent part of this am workingmy the dc rooms sort. i am so happy with how this is turning out. looking amazing and such a great inviting space for the kids.

supper... peameal on a bun with veggies. simple and yummy.
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

[QUOTE=Ciel21;7210316]The watermelon is almost consumed. For some reason, Mom cut the centre parts into oversize chunks-so there are tons of seeds to pick out before taking a bite. Humidity is here and rain's in the forecast for three days (incl. today). Friday seems to be a fine day for those who can make it to the CNE's opening day. Reminder that CNE pass sales end on Aug 18 if you are looking for admission or combo passes (though I understand some safety inspector strike might impact the Ex-rides?).Am amazed I was able to do yard work yesterday (cool wind). Today I feel the skewers of pain in my torso and it's bad. I've only used a glass wipe on one door window. Will give the other door window a wipe too. Just not feeling like I can stand up for very long--the structural changes hard to ignore.Amazon socks came yesterday. Skechers no-show packaging stated sock size 9-11, shoe size 5-9.5. I mentally freaked out but put on a pair-sock fits over foot though a tad snug across toes. 6prs so I have a cooler sock option for hot days. I have been finding the regular Hot Sox elastic a major pain issue on hot days (it digs in and the heat makes it worse) and I don't always need a regular sock, just a liner of some sort for quick trips outside in my runners or slides.Though today's mail was just 4 flyers, one of them is a proper Bulk Barn 8-page flyer (last time we had a flyer was about 3 yrs ago) That is luxury, my friends! Coupons on front page as well. Marks.com is having a sale on Aug19-21 (though something is on sale Aug 18).*actually the Bulk Barn flyer contains 6pgs. Sorry for the overstatement...[/QUOTE)

@Ciel21 I bought low mens' socks at Giant Tiger that are so comfortable - CCM brand that I wear in the summer.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Angela273 View Post
    Some great printable coupons became available this morning.

Save On Danone Products With This New $1.00 Printable Coupon!Printable Your Coupon Here. https://www.canadiansavingsgroup.ca/...none-products/

KRAFT PRINTABLE COUPONS:https://savewithshortcuts.kraftcanada.ca/
    @Angela273 wow surprised now that you need to buy more quantities to get the same discount on Kraft coupons. Thanks for posting. I guess we have to take what we can.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

@Angela273 : thanks for posting the coupons

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by lilo0003 View Post
    I did groceries today at Sobeys and rushed to get my scene card loaded because sobeys has already made the switch to Scene so I earned 1750 points which I believe is $ 17.50
    @lilo0003 is it 1 point for every dollar? I'm going to Sobeys tomorrow.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Another productive day.
    walmart 10% off for teachers. found grapes for $0.97/lb, these grapes taste surprisingly good!
    roasted a ham for supper
    kids painted some pictures.
    I spent a good couple hours working on school stuff.
    2 loads of laundry are done and put away.
    Received an envelope from a Sobeys Lucerne milk promotion that I participated in back in May/June. It contained 3x $5 Sobeys gift cards. We did the same for Dh, so hopefully his will arrive soon.

Tomorrow’s supper will be home made waffles, roast ham, and fresh grapes.
    Last edited by Angela273; Thu, Aug 18th, 2022 at 08:44 AM.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by barbis9 View Post
    @lilo0003 is it 1 point for every dollar? I'm going to Sobeys tomorrow.
    Just a reminder that Lilo is out east, where the new program has already launched. Ontario stores are still using Air Miles unless of course you are driving out east-then go for the points!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

@cath007 OOH, great wins from the Pepsi contest! Way to enjoy summer

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Mother Nature seems to like to make Ontarians swelter. Took a glance at upcoming days' temps and with humidity, temps are easily over 30C. Brain-melt is just as real as brain-freeze! It did not help that I barely slept 2hours last night and got up to be online while slinging laundry loads into the washer around 5am. Then back to bed to sleep a couple of more hours. Mom put the laundry outside and Ms Sunshine did the rest! Took a second nap in late afternoon but simply could not doze off after an hour, so got back up.

Dinner-cooked fusilli pasta with pantry surprise sauce (4 tbsp of coconut oil left in bottom of jar, 199ml tin of Primo traditional pizza sauce, remaining dried parsley from bottle (about 3 tbsp worth), dash of red curry powder and two good shakes of Herbes de Provence). Added salt. Used just over half of the sauce and remainder will be used for tomorrow's pasta meal. Had some mushy plums from the counter. Later, I rinsed and dried the small container of blueberries that had been sitting in the fridge for a few days. Actually ate blueberries (about 1/3 of the bowl contents) and left rest on table. Someone finished them off!

I've been snacking on Kirkland Queen olives all day long. Salt reserves must be low or something. Simply no energy to go to the store today. Spent about 10min walking around the yard just to change scenery for eyes, outside of checking laundry on the line and moving other laundry into place.

My little cleaning effort of the day-moving all of Bro's remaining frozen blender packs out of the door shelves into freezer's main compartment and the open bag of frozen corn. There are two more bags of corn plus a random chop with freezer burn in full view. Gave door shelves a quick cleaning with wet tissue. Need to run a wet wipe inside to finish the task tomorrow when I have the kitchen to myself.

Nothing in today's mail. Off to try to read a chapter in bed before going to sleep. I'm intent to finish the book soon. Good night everyone!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by cath007 View Post
    Received my 2 FPCS( Lays and Tostitos strip) from the Pepsi contest in today mail..so I am waiting my wons codes in my e-mails.
    I just received the email code for my free Spotify Premium first month subscription prize. I won it nearly a month ago.
    Can anyone tell me how many prizes max a person can win with this contest?
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Page 16 of 24 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast

Thread Information