User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree60Likes

Thread: "Too Good To Go" app, discount on near expired food

Trading Score
    13 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by lilo0003 View Post
    @Arjon if you are in the areas of the Oakville south longos there is bagel place called Oxos I think and they are on the app. I tried them out and for 4.99 I got 18 day old bagels and he let me pick which packages I wanted. They froze really well. I can’t wait to try the hot foods but so far they are not lined up for me.
    I'm basically never in that area, but there's an OKO Bagels close to where I went yesterday, so good to know what I can probably expect there. Thanks for the heads-up.
    cath007 and Ciel21 like this.

Trading Score
    13 (100%)

I tried ordering through Too Good To Go again, and unfortunately, it didn't go well. My order was with a Pizza Pizza store. When I arrived, The counter person told me he knew nothing about my order, and also that he was unaware of the app. I reported this in the app, and am waiting to see what happens. I did get a reply two hours later that said they will investigate and issue a refund if the store doesn't say anything different, that my credit card charge will be refunded, which might take three days or more. I thought this app would be fun. So far, not so much. /sigh
    JadeAngel, cath007 and Ciel21 like this.

Smart Canuck
    [vbp_tr_most_helpful_today]
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I know generally speaking, that Pizza Pizza franchisees might prefer customers going through the local store's phone line rather than central order line (issues and there's a cost thing as well). It does not surprise me that you got that reply from an employee-likely HQ is not keeping staff/stores updated about social marketing/apps used outside of its corporate channels. Not everyone that works retail/hospitality has time to follow all the apps because of life outside of work.

nonetheless, I look forward to a favourable response to your report on the situation.
    cath007 likes this.
    "This is the Way." The Mandalorian

Trading Score
    13 (100%)

I got an e-mail last night saying my money will be refunded although it might take a while. Still annoying to go there just to find the staff there at the time were unaware of order or even of the app, presumably due to not being told. At least when Longo's didn't have my order, I got an e-mail saying so an hour or so before the pickup window.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ciel21 View Post
    I know generally speaking, that Pizza Pizza franchisees might prefer customers going through the local store's phone line rather than central order line (issues and there's a cost thing as well). It does not surprise me that you got that reply from an employee-likely HQ is not keeping staff/stores updated about social marketing/apps used outside of its corporate channels. Not everyone that works retail/hospitality has time to follow all the apps because of life outside of work.

nonetheless, I look forward to a favourable response to your report on the situation.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Any November finds on the app? I realize this month has been one big push to get outdoor things done and get holiday/winter planning & shopping done.
    Just has been QUIET on this app thread.
    cath007 likes this.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

No amazing finds, but I'm happy to see new stores joining the app regularly. In Toronto where I am, a bunch of Metro locations have just joined (only selling their bakery goods), and a few Tim Hortons (or maybe that was last month).

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

The Hamilton Spectator mentioned this app for the second time this season (this week).
    cath007 likes this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Holiday meal deals or treats-have they been turning up on the app this month?

Trading Score
    13 (100%)

Is anyone still using this app? Fwiw. I still do so occasionally. I haven't found any "start the car" -type deals, but a couple have been decent. One was a $4.99 bag from a bakery. If I paid retail, I wouldn't be surprised at all to pay $15, although of course, I'd get to pick what I bought. The other was $5.99 for assorted baked goods from a nearby Metro. Again, what I got would have been $15+ at full retail. I wouldn't ever pay that much, but for 2/3 ff, it was alright - not a great deal but I had no complaints.
    Ciel21 likes this.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I'm still using the app - I just did an order today. I got 2 dozen day-old Montreal-style bagels for $7.99, which I was happy about.

Some Metros near me just added fruit & salad bags, and I'm curious to see if they're any good. It's a recent addition so there's no rating yet.

I like using the Favourites feature - I add all the stores that interest me and have good ratings to my favourites, and then when I have time to go out of my way to pick something up, or will be in a different part of town than usual, I check to see what's available.

I agree with @Arjon that a lot of the deals aren't amazing, particularly because you can't choose what you get, so you may get some items you don't want. But some deals are good, and it's a fun way to explore stores I wouldn't otherwise visit.
    Arjon and Ciel21 like this.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information