User Tag List

Page 6 of 24 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 ... LastLast
Like Tree2380Likes

Thread: September 2022 Frugal Chatter; Almost Fall and Harvest time !!!

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Angela273 View Post
    I’m continuing to have a difficult time…crazy doesn’t even cover it. Prayers are welcome…as is more sleep.
    Praying for you and yours as you adjust to your new normal.
    Always remember the What are you thankful for today? thread as there always is something to be thankful for.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by HermanH View Post
    Co-op, the most expensive of all the grocery chains, is offering $3/lb for eye-of-round roast. This is the price pre-inflationary craziness and makes me wonder if prices are finally coming under some semblance of control.
    Is it Canadian beef? I remember that some Albertan ranchers were getting out of cattle farming last year because of drought and the lack of hay/feed. Not sure if those factors have improved for the better in 2022.
    harbie, JadeAngel, barbis9 and 1 others like this.
    "This is the Way." The Mandalorian

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Decided to place a Voila order for tomorrow morning. Noticed that tomorrow's Sobey's flyer shows three new Ricardo marinated meat products in vacuum packs but those items are not on the Voila website. The price of cheeses (ordered them anyway for a change) for the Spinach and pesto stuffed squash (Longos recipe in Fall magazine I want to make next week)-yikes! Ordered a few other things like Bro's Silk creamers to accompany the last 20 or so Keurig coffee pods he will use up this month, Lipton's soup, crackers, and roasted pepper hummus and a Dr Oetker Hawaiian pizza (just enough freezer space to add two small items). Thought I was imagining the prices I saw for the Kikkoman soy sauces-will check local Fortinos to verify if the prices are same there too. When I was ready to check out, the website gave me three more chances to add: snacks, sale items or items I had purchased since 2020 to my order. That's how the hummus got added...^-^

Since I miss the onion rings from Mary Brown's, I requested Compliments steak cut onion rings. I will have the munchies during the cooler days next week.

Will visit Food Basics for cookies and Shoppers for personal care items on sale.

Today was an almost do-nothing day. Body is over the last two days' of hustle. I was feeling wobbly yesterday but pushed through. Today-I should cut grass but it will be a very small section. Tomorrow morning is go time for grasscutting. Have stuff in dining room that needs to go once I determine how to make them smaller.

Giant Tiger VIP deals-the food items don't interest me but I did get the $10 off clothing, footwear & accessories (still no navy belts on website or instore) etc deal but now the spend level is $60 to get the discount. Last month, the spend level remained at $50. I was reviewing GT clothing online and I did not find anything compelling to spend at that level. Second flyer in a row to show puffer jackets-is store trying to ready us for the winter jackets likely to show up by month's end or first week of October?

Highlight of my morning was a phone chat with relation who loved getting a letter with photos from me. We've agreed to talk again next week. Grateful for some appreciation from someone in the kin group.
    harbie, JadeAngel, barbis9 and 5 others like this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

@Angela273 Will keep you in prayers/sleep boosting this week. May there be students who recognize your efforts in making classes interesting. You should not have to be a miracle worker nor risk your health by not having some free time each workday. If the school board was not upfront on the level of work your job requires, time to dial down some expectations.

(*tossing pillows on sofa so if you see them, you head in their direction after supper if necessary*). Hope you at least can get a walk in during lunch breaks for some fresh air/to see the sky in daylight?

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

DS's bed is all made with fresh bedding. He is out cutting the grass now.
    It was really long but looks nice and green compared to my neighbours burnt grass. Glad we didn't cut ours last week.

Kitchen is clean. Dinner will be done on the BBQ so clean up will be easy. DS needs to pick out the steaks for dinner so I can wrap the rest for the freezer.
    We will be eating later then usual since oldest is working till 7.

Have a great night

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

@cath007 Sorry to read that you felt unwell recently-that impacts learning and overall day. Are you permitted to bring a personal fan to hot classroom at the college?

Is there a tea you can sip on to help settle the nausea?
    harbie, JadeAngel, barbis9 and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Frugalbigmama View Post
    DS's bed is all made with fresh bedding. He is out cutting the grass now.
    It was really long but looks nice and green compared to my neighbours burnt grass. Glad we didn't cut ours last week.

Kitchen is clean. Dinner will be done on the BBQ so clean up will be easy. DS needs to pick out the steaks for dinner so I can wrap the rest for the freezer.
    We will be eating later then usual since oldest is working till 7.

Have a great night
    Have a fun night as well, @Frugalbigmama !

Our lawn is mix of toasted lawn and tall lush spots. Could use rain but it did not come down today.
    harbie, JadeAngel, cath007 and 1 others like this.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

My front lawn hasnt been cut in a few months ,but hubby cut the back today .I am not wasting water which we pay for to have a green front lawn ,i do water my plants .lol

First xmas gift bought today dissect a phiranha a stem toy 16.97 at walmart -great price as mastermind was 24.95 even on seniors day i would have paid 19.95 so saved 3.00.

Then looked at the toy clearance at walmart and got 2 polly pocket figures (bigger ones not the teeny tiny ones the girls lose all over the house)with a small table and chairs and bbq 9.98 reg 19.99 for cara for her birthday -yes this makes my day getting s start on the grandkids .

I also went to the bank and cashed $96 in checkout51,go coupon,raketan ,microsoft class action lawsuit ,so that was really good .Free money as i call it ,mind you had to work a bit for some of it.
    harbie, JadeAngel, barbis9 and 4 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Ciel21 View Post
    Have a fun night as well, @Frugalbigmama!

Our lawn is mix of toasted lawn and tall lush spots. Could use rain but it did not come down today.
    Thanks! He was able to come earlier then expected. I had everything ready for dinner so we all sat outside and bbq'd. I roasted the cauliflower on the bbq (in a a aluminum foil tray) and it was really good! Oldest liked it. Youngest I told him to try it and he did but didn't like it. Oh well he is a healthy eater can't expect him to like everything. At least he tried. Was a nice visit and now he is off with his band for a little tour.
    Kitchen is clean. (dishes washed and drying on counter- will put away in the morning when making coffee)
    Tomorrow we will load the dishwasher as we use dishes.

Dinner tomorrow night will be fried rice with veggies and shrimp (I didn't end up making it last night) I can make it during the day while working and then it can just be ready in the fridge when hungry. And the kitchen will be clean

Off to put a load of laundry on.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by coupon girl View Post
    My front lawn hasnt been cut in a few months ,but hubby cut the back today .I am not wasting water which we pay for to have a green front lawn ,i do water my plants .lol

First xmas gift bought today dissect a phiranha a stem toy 16.97 at walmart -great price as mastermind was 24.95 even on seniors day i would have paid 19.95 so saved 3.00.

Then looked at the toy clearance at walmart and got 2 polly pocket figures (bigger ones not the teeny tiny ones the girls lose all over the house)with a small table and chairs and bbq 9.98 reg 19.99 for cara for her birthday -yes this makes my day getting s start on the grandkids .

I also went to the bank and cashed $96 in checkout51,go coupon,raketan ,microsoft class action lawsuit ,so that was really good .Free money as i call it ,mind you had to work a bit for some of it.
    We don't water our grass either.....one neighbour has automatic sprinklers... Sometimes I see them on when it's raining.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

frugalbigmama -i have one neighbour that waters his lawn at night so it is so ever green.

Just used my birthday code from indigo for 20% off this month to buy cara's birthday gift a barbie helicopter saved $6.01.Last year i used it on a rocky mountain lavender set for myself ,this yr trying to save as much money and i dont care to get anything for me.I picked pick up as its 10 minutes from my house indigo is.

O h dont forget to save P.c offers.
    harbie, JadeAngel, barbis9 and 3 others like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Baked all my brisket roasts at the same time. 30+ hours of oven time. House smells delicious.
    My food may not befit a king, but I eat like a horse.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Morning Everyone,
    Was out of town working yesterday, I forget the joys of spending 3 hours in a car (one-way). When I got there I was feeling it and still had to drive back at the end of the day since it was a one-day trip.

I had thought about stopping on the way back, if I go the back way there is a Costco I can go to but I left late and just wanted to get home.

Last night we needed a quick dinner, did not get home until 6:30. I had bought some premade chicken fingers for Mom incase she needed them as a quick dinner well I was away, we normally make our own but if she had a day she could not stand to cook, this would still get her dinner. She did not eat them so I turned some of them into Chicken Parm last night topping them with Pasta Sauce, Mozzarella and Parm. On the side I reheated the rest of the sauce and added some leftover pasta from the fridge. I should have added some veg but I was too tired. It was good but homemade is better.

Well I ate dinner, I looked at the flyers and there are some deals to be had this week, especially in the produce department so I need to figure out when I can shop this week. I am going to have to head out of town as there is a deal at RCSS I want to grab so I might as go to Costco as well, we do not need a lot but a few things we only buy at Costco.

Happy Thursday
    Last edited by SassyAshley; Thu, Sep 8th, 2022 at 06:43 AM.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

OOh, community paper bundle came this morning! Have flyers waiting for me to peruse as I had to tackle the worst of the crabgrass along sidewalk before delivery arrives. Have to finish off the last bit maybe tonight when energy returns. My core is not a happy section this week-only so much to do.

Managed to cut some the lush grass in the shaded area before supper yesterday. If possible, I'll cut the front yard tonight. Rest of lawn will be a tossup-only a couple of spots in immediate need of trim. Otherwise I'll ignore until after the rains next week.

Have to decide which one of two store walks must be done tonight. Simply keep putting them off due to other things taking up my time and strength. Will make a cup of milky sweet tea and get those lurking sausages in the fridge into the stovepan while the kitchen is still cool.

Ambition is a fine thing to have some mornings, such as on this morning! Hope everyone feels a boost of energy when something just flows properly when it needs to be done TODAY.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Good Morning! Nice sunny day!

First thing I did was get the coffee going. Then realized I used the last of the cream yesterday. Popped out quick to redeem my FPC for cream Didn't want to ruin my coffee at home streak Will make eggs and toast soon for breakfast.
    harbie, JadeAngel, cath007 and 1 others like this.

Page 6 of 24 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 ... LastLast

Thread Information