User Tag List

Page 13 of 24 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 23 ... LastLast
Like Tree2380Likes

Thread: September 2022 Frugal Chatter; Almost Fall and Harvest time !!!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

My oldest stopped by to show me some stuff he is working on for his business.
    I sent him home with food. Us mama's always want to feed our kids Saved him the trouble of cooking taco meat- had some ready in the freezer (also sent him home with everything to make the tacos) so now I need to make some for youngest DS tomorrow. And a few steaks etc/sausage/ veggies and apples.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

So...I wrothe last week to Oasis wondering why I could not find the Oasis Good Morning Smooties anymore on Shelves...and my sadness about t hat fact...I learned that they discontinued them...grrr..but for beeing a loyal consumer they are sending coupons...With the fact that I had not received all the promised compagny coupons requested..I am sure I will not receive those too..and that sucks!!!

Purchased some nice grounded coffee for my coffee maker for the week end..a treat.and for preserving I putted in the fridge in the scelled bag.Cheaper than coffee shop coffee...I am far from a mcdonals....And when I am near I will take a chance to still redeem my plenty coffee cards for cappucino of coarse hahah

Nice that I opened my window bedroom for nice air change instead of ac...so crisp fresh air for me tonight
    Last edited by cath007; Wed, Sep 14th, 2022 at 11:38 PM.
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by barbis9 View Post
    @Ciel21 so glad I am not the only one with electronic poltergeist - computers, tv's, etc. If you have those lights, restart up again and hopefully it will clear itself.
    It's Bro's dept (he's Admin). Modem is with Cogeco. I will hear an earful about those lights being on. I assume there was an overnight glitch or outage that triggered the lights.
    "This is the Way." The Mandalorian

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Since we are half-way through September and there are McDonald's coupons in use for now, I am reminding the Monopoly game fans to keep tabs of any contest news in case the game goes live on Cdn Thanksgiving as it did in 2021. Usually, the game starts on the Wednesday following Thanksgiving.

I would like to know which month one can expect that bonus GST rebate that will paid as a lump sum this year. October would be ideal for anyone having to pay bills or wanting a winter coat (sizes and stock available). While a lump sum in late Nov or early Dec might be handy for presents, winter coat selection is not going to be very good for sizes or stock then.

Today-the other parcel of grass was cut this morning after breakfast! Finished scrubbing scorch off the baking pan. Got the napa cabbage washed, spun and chopped for the fridge. Managed a Food Basics and Fortinos shop tonight. Had to get Food Basics person over to code in the coupon for $3 off 2 Maple Leaf Naturals cold cuts wub 1 Bear Paws or other Dare product. Donated Bear Paws with some dental supplies to food bank box. Did not get much at Fortinos and I checked my bank balance-will have to apply my remaining coins to my account in-person this week to cover Sept fee. I feel good about basic pantry supplies but I don't have much fresh produce-just the bag of carrots and head of lettuce, some leftover apples and the cabbage and Mom's tomatoes.

Had a couple of good phone calls that I initiated. Worthwhile with people who appreciate the effort and me!

Tomorrow's plan-clean two rooms and sort stuff. Then make that pizza dough and the focaccia I keep putting off. Then have tea.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Butterball turkey burger fans-Giant Tiger has the box on sale for $8.97 this week!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Harvested the local pear tree and came home with 40 pounds of fruit.
    My food may not befit a king, but I eat like a horse.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

... and 40 pounds of apples from our own tree. Sigh, still eating the frozen apple sauce from last year.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Everyone,
    Ugh, what a week.

Tuesday I was working in the plant with a trainee, the manager was working in our other plant (he is overseeing both as one of our plant managers left), it turned into a crazy insane day. We lost 43 boxes of product so I had to find it (I did) and I also had the training for the training I have to do. We are going to be using a new online system so I need to teach the staff how to use it, but originally I was told someone else was doing the manuals and everything, I just had to physically do the training, nope they did not get them done. So I ended up saying I would do them as the only other option was to push back the launches (we are going one branch at a time) but the issue there is that messes with my schedule.

Wednesday originally I was supposed to be working from home as my trainee was off for the morning but our plant manager asked me if I could cover both of them as the manager needed to be in the other plant. So, I was in the plant alone and trying to put together everything needed for the training. I was up until 9 pm last night typing up manuals.

I got a call just after 7 last night, there is a meeting today, I kept hearing about it but I was not included (no comment, yes, I was a little hurt) but then I got a call I am supposed to be in the meeting but I am also supposed to launch the new online program in a branch today. Ugh so I will do the launch on our meeting breaks (it is an all day meeting).

Today I was up just after 4 am and finished the manuals, finished all of the online stuff needed for our staff. I have to meet a staff member at 6:30 am today.

I am already ready for a nap. I have not even had a chance to look at this week's flyers. I do not think we need much the fridge is still really fully, the freezers are full but I still want to see what is on sale.

Happy Thursday Everyone
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Trading Score
    203 (100%)

@Ciel21 you bring a sense of joy and positivity to SC and I look forward to reading your posts. Please take care and know how much you are cared for by your SC family

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by HermanH View Post
    ... and 40 pounds of apples from our own tree. Sigh, still eating the frozen apple sauce from last year.
    Do you intend to give some apples to any bakers (fall fair entries?) in your neighbourhood or a community kitchen or food bank? If you don't want to make more apple sauce...

Pears-so many things come to mind but poached pears in wine are super!!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

@SassyAshley Kindly drop-kick verbally all and any staff (even family) involved in all those company right hand does not know what left hand is doing decisions. I think you have the ultimate right to say (I'm doing the d**n launch, so I'm exempt from meetings at that time-give me the precis of the meeting at 4:00pm): manage the branches while I actually operate the activities in same branches. I honestly want you to not enter 40 and have to deal with such corporate behaviour. Get Opa's take, if that helps you or get him to advocate for you, on the situation, since he is likely the one that wanted all your siblings and Dad involved in the company and this is going on for years. *YOU ARE GOLD-that means you are very valuable.*

If you have recorded all the reasons/excuses that people who were supposed to do something failed to deliver, you could present a report on the time lost/opportunities missed as a result. Don't forget to tally up all those extra hours-you deserve to have a life outside of work too. Pull any life coach boundary lessons to become hardline at work-everyone is taking advantage of your skills of all depts. You probably have a couple of human resources reports in you too due to all the job turnover and training time that occur every year. Do you have an idea of how you'd like all employees to brush up on skills (or cross-train to help develop a deeper backup team beyond you) semi-annually or annually (in-person/online lesson and quiz)? And how you'd time training for new hires/employees moving into new positions? Like only a certain week of the month, rather than on demand any time which interferes with your regular duties plus extra work?

I feel like you are living the role of the Whale Rider-everyone is looking to a man to lead but he does not yet there's a female leader waiting to be recognized. How much you'd change the company if you could organize who did what and asked for accountability!
    Last edited by Ciel21; Thu, Sep 15th, 2022 at 03:25 PM.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Took a break earlier and went for a 45 mins walk by the water. I need to get back at that everyday.
    Will go for a walk again later tonight.
    I can't look at my work anymore. I need to walk away and look at it with fresh eyes tomorrow.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Ciel21 View Post
    Do you intend to give some apples to any bakers (fall fair entries?) in your neighbourhood or a community kitchen or food bank? If you don't want to make more apple sauce...

Pears-so many things come to mind but poached pears in wine are super!!
    I can eat the 40 pounds of apples in a reasonable time, but the pears seem to ripen too quickly. Pear sauce is a nice alternative.

Plenty of apple trees around here that need to be harvested. I'll try to do a few for the food bank and a church dispersal site. They just can't seem to give away many, at all. So many folks just let them go to waste.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I found it odd that the tree that normally produces hundreds of pounds of apples each year (700 pounds last year), did not yield a single apple this year.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Happy Friday, maybe.

Ugh, I woke up with a massive headache which is not good as I have so much to get done today. My emails have exploded as I have not spent a lot of time this week being me.

I did not get the training done yesterday, setting up the hand held units took way longer than expected and then I was in the meeting all day. Will have to find another day to go back but no idea when I am booked for the like the next 3 weeks.

I am loving being able to do my job again but now I am getting overwhelmed because now all the things we have ignored for the last 5 months I need to get done but I will get through it.

I looked at the flyers, a few things I want to pick up but I think we have enough to get the through the weekend so may hold off shopping till next week.

I need to write a meal plan, good news we did well with meals this week bad news is I do not have many meals to roll over to next week. Yesterday's weather has me craving warm comfort foods, I want lasagna, a full Roast Beef dinner with mashed potatoes, gravy and squash (I am sorry but for me squash screams fall), potato soup. But I need to look at the weather, I think we are supposed to get warm again this weekend.

Last night after work I hung out with Bro and his wife. We literally just laid around (well me and sis-in-law, bro sat) and talked and chilled it was fun. But I stayed out way too late but it was so nice to be out.

Okay, time to get back to all the work stuff.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Page 13 of 24 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 23 ... LastLast

Thread Information