User Tag List

Page 15 of 24 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast
Like Tree2380Likes

Thread: September 2022 Frugal Chatter; Almost Fall and Harvest time !!!

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Hand Dishes are done.

Fridge has been cleaned out, really nothing to throw out except a 1/4 of a lime that go pushed to the back. Mostly just looking to see what needs to be used up.

I have done two rounds of vinegar on the faucet, the base is looking good but the bottom of the hot water handle needs work so onto round 3.

Trying to decide on Dinner for tonight, we could make homemade pizza, or lasagna or french onion pasta bake, not sure, all sound good. Really wish one was jumping out at me saying "have me tonight." LOL

I know, it is Saturday, but I typed up a work report. I sat down to format the spreadsheet so Monday I could just enter the info, before I knew it, only took me like 10 minutes, the report was done. So will send that off Monday Morning.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Trading Score
    203 (100%)

Like SassyAshley I’ve been up since 5am but then again I’m always up at that time. Dh and I have been doing this for the last 8 years with our pup and his insulin routine so it’s just ingrained in us and our body’s wake up wether we want to or not.

I was supposed to do nothing and give my hand a break but I had SO much energy this morning. The sun is shining and I had coffee . So I have stripped the bedding and washed it (just drying it now), cleaned the kitchen including stove, folded and put away 1 big load of cleaned laundry, went to Home Sense to find something for a special person, went to a medical supply store to look for my finger splint(didn’t have my size of course ), and just finished wiping out the car. I did the windows as they needed it badly and then washed down all interior surfaces.

So much for taking it easy . Maybe I’ll try to relax the rest of the day…….

Hop everyone is having a great Saturday

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by HermanH View Post
    I found it odd that the tree that normally produces hundreds of pounds of apples each year (700 pounds last year), did not yield a single apple this year.
    Heat Stress, lack of water, soil nutrition or just plain tired!
    "This is the Way." The Mandalorian

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by SassyAshley View Post
    Bathroom is clean except for the floor, Mom is still asleep and she has been having trouble sleeping which is making her pain worse so I don't want to wake her with the vacuum.

Thinking I am going to soak a J-Cloth in vinegar and wrap it around the taps to try to get rid of some of the hard water spots. We really need to replace the faucet and it is on the list but in reality the whole vanity needs to be replaced and I do not have the $$$ for the right now.

Half of the kitchen has been deep cleaned. The pantries, the cabinet above the little counter, the walls on that side of the kitchen and the outside of the dishwasher have been deep cleaned.

I have washed out my microfiber fiber cloth and I might tackle more of the kitchen tomorrow.

My back and shoulders are starting to get a little sore and do not want to push it. Last time I deep cleaned the kitchen I pushed through and forced myself to just get it done and it really hurt my back. So, if i have to take two days to get it done, so be it.
    Any chance that you have a Habitat for Humanity store in a major urban area within an hour's drive of your place? Or an Ikea? To see if there might be vanity deals. Ikea usually has sales for bathroom fixtures-probably one will be coming up. If you are partial to a certain faucet style, Home Hardware, Canadian Tire and Lowes are good places to keep checking for stock/deals.

I'm wondering if something indoors is triggering your headaches. I've had two days with headaches for at least half a day and they move from back of neck to around temples and so on. I've deduced that maybe the blocked main bathroom sink drain, when I used a plunger to attempt to dislodge whatever might be blocking drain, caused some gas to come up and when the windows were closed at dusk, the gas got me good!

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

@Ciel21 , thanks for the suggestions. When the times comes I will check Habitat for Humanity and Ikea, just right now we have other things that are higher on the list that need the $$$.

I did find a faucet on sale at Lowe's I like and might pick it up to have on hand.

Last week's headache I think for me was lack of sleep. I stayed at Bro's and Sis-is-Law's way too late and the next day was a work day. Well that mixed with the weather, I get horrible weather headaches.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Friday update-when I tried to log online after 7pm, Bro's computer was acting up. As in see the screensaver, hit some buttons, watch screen go black while hard drive light blinks & whirs a tiny bit but is mostly quiet. Did the same once today-I waited 20 mins and tried again. That hard drive must be about to flatline!

Got the armoire out (MacGvyered it) without major damage (did scuff lock area but a bit of Colgate toothpaste buffed out the issue or so it looked to me) yesterday before 6pm. My back is wanting to sue me. Did an Epsom foot soak before bedtime to save something of my legs! Made pizza after 7pm (basil pesto from jar 1, two sliced tomatoes, Bro's leftover nacho and Tex Mex shredded cheese, and most of a tin of pizza sauce). Focaccia is put off until tonight. It took 20 minutes to pry last vintage tin sign off the wall-had to use a small thin screwdriver bit as a chisel with a hammer to get the tin to budge. The nails were a different type and longer than the ones holding the other two signs.

TODAY-Feel good time! (well I woke about 30min after alarm and was not ready for first two buses but I got out eventually).

$1.30 in can/bottle deposit refund
    $100 for 3 tin signs (yes, I was wanting that but waited for offer and it was $100-thank you Universe!). Had a long wait but once line got into small room, there were 4 chairs for those waiting turns at one of two tables. My Bay order box was made into a carrier and auction person requested it to contain the signs (sharp corners). Happy!
    Managed to locate Bro's charging cable for old phone last night and I took phone today as a timepiece. Glad I had it-was not given a receipt for the cash but I was given chance to take a photo of receipt so I took a quick photo. You are asked for Driver's LIcence or Health Card (told person Health card cannot be used in ON except for health matters). He did not seem to know about On Photo ID but I asked him to jot down info on receipt as proof he did see my id (phone number is also requested).

New Dollar Tree in same plaza next to Beer Store. Uh, they did not spend money fixing the floor of what had been a hobby/toy story. Kind of dim lighting in middle and back of store. Popped into Electronics-saw micro USB for Lightning one and one kind for Android (the rounded trapezoid one, not the trapezoid with flanged edges). Got Coke Zero Dreamworld because carrying the signs and a bag of empties made me thirsty (I had a little water left in my bottle I brought along) in the heat.

Did visit Talize-today's Mgr special is 50% off woman's shoes, women's ss tops (sleeveless I found out, not short sleeve tops) and one other women's apparel category. Can't say there are a lot of winter coats. More like transitional parkas or raincoats. Hardly any decent winter coats. Wanted to see if there was a long women's wool coat. Will try my local VV later this weekend.

CIBC Upper James got renovated last month-it looks a lot different from my July visit-walls behind reception are gone and there are about 10-12 small meeting rooms for client consultations and the teller area at back. Deposited my cash and had a chat. As I was leaving, another customer who had not been in recently was also surprised and I shared my insights too since I don't often go to this branch.

Fortinos Upper James-saw a $1.50 off Stok cold brew coffee coupon hanger on fridge door at back of store. Got some of the items on my grocery list; store does not have my Nexcare tape of choice (lot fewer options). @Angela273 I saw new KT Tape Chafe stick product (in First Aid; have not seen it in my own store) that looks like a deodorant stick for $9.99. Is this product something you already tried in your quest to find something that works like Lanacane? Grocery items are pricey. Got one cucumber and one net bag of clementines. Plan to visit my local store for dairy items and drinks and maybe nectarines or other fruit tonight. Grateful I had made a running list of items this week as I ran out of cleaning supplies and fresh and pantry items.

Just did not have energy/time to scope out Shoppers at the intersection and there was a bus for home coming--I made it to the bus stop about 5min before it came.

Having the last pizza slice as lunch. Had pizza for breakfast too. No leftovers!

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Good earlier evening everyone!!!
    I am not feeling my best today so I sleep late and took a long nap..lol EDit did my 3 loads of laundry hanging for drying now.
    My aunt invited us tomorrow for dinner yes!!! I cannot wait(and will give me her homemade fruits ketchup,zuccini relish and marinated beets..wow sure feels like fall for today and the others day before!
    Have a happy Saturday!!!
    Last edited by cath007; Sat, Sep 17th, 2022 at 10:58 PM.
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Got most of the to-do-list done.

After 3 round there is still some hard water marks at the base of the hot water handle but it is what it is. I was done running upstairs to check on it.

Cleaned out the Kitchen Freezer. Before I went on Vacation we set up our upstairs freezer to be Mom's freezer so if she is having a bad day she doesn't have to go downstairs to make dinner. She has a bin of proteins, little containers of various veggies (we buy the Costco bags, there is no keeping those in the upstairs freezer), and her breakfast stuff. There was a bunch of extra stuff in there from our cooking last weekend that we flash froze up here, bagged and just needed to be taken downstairs.

I desperately need to defrost and reorganize our standup freezer but I also know it will not happen this weekend.

All day my mind has been going to working on the rest of the kitchen deep clean but I know I have reached my limit, my back is hurting a bit. I have a super busy week this week and the last thing I need is back pain all week. So maybe tomorrow depending on how I feel I will work on the other half of the kitchen.

Tomorrow I will have to do some kitchen stuff to get ready for week, prep some veggies, figure out something for breakfasts, something for lunches on days I am in a branch.

Dinner was homemade pizza with a side salad. We have leftovers for tomorrow and I have used up most of my Salad Bar from last week so I will need to restock tomorrow.

It was a good day, got some of the things done, not all of the things but things are moving forward which makes me happy.

Happy Saturday Everyone

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

I have the girls today ,took them to their gymnastics,then home .Papa took them for a walk to the playground .They had ice cream ,then a bath .Now we are winding down before bed.

Son and his wife are at a wedding ,such a nice day for one.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

good evening.
    busy couple of days. last night i cleaned the front deck . today... 2 coats of stain, 1 trip to the dump, 1 trip to c tire, and no frills. deck looks amazing.

tried a new recipie tonight. not a fan.

at no frills i was surpriesd by the prices. stuff is crazy
    harbie, JadeAngel, barbis9 and 5 others like this.
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

I went to the local second hand store that is only open two half days a week, volunteer run. I picked up two Halloween costumes, oven mits, kitchen hand towels, a pair of capris for me, pj pants for me, swim suit for me, shirt for Dh, pants for Ds, jacket for Twin boy, vegetable steam pot for rental house, matching big and small spoons, one cereal bowl for a total of $27. Packed building and no change room…so hopefully stuff fits.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Morning,
    Up at 6:30, thought it was earlier when I woke up.

Not quite as get up and go as I was yesterday. A little slower start today but I need to get at it.

I am thinking some muffins for a quick grab and go breakfast, I have fruit to go with them, perfect on the go breakfast.

I might also make one meal to have in the fridge for lunches or if need be a dinner that is ready to go.

Then I need to prep some veggies.

Lots to get done so I better get going.

Happy Sunday

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Slowly getting there. I am having one of those days were it feels like everything is taking me forever to get done.

I have made Brown Sugar Muffins.

Washed all the hand dishes. Last night I wanted to do the dinner dishes so I could wake up to a clean kitchen but after we finished dinner all of a sudden I was so tired. So I did those plus I have cleaned as I went so no dishes piling up.

Whipped Greek Yogurt has been made

Peanut Butter Dip has been made

Odd fact and I cannot explain it but I have always had this fear of using our hand mixer. I am not sure why but I usually try to avoid using it but I have slowly started to use it more often, get comfortable with it and it is life changing. Used it for my Whipped Greek Yogurt, so much easier than pulling out the mixer. Used it for my Peanut Butter Dip, I normally do this by hand, it is a lot of mixing, using the hand mixer done in 2 minutes.

Now I need to do some fruit and veggie prep.

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

It was a long day yesterday but we got a lot done. Then I spent my night posting stuff on the freebie sight. I am a little disappointed as we had planned to go paddling before we went to deal with the apartment and the lake had an event on this weekend. And today it’s too windy for Lake Ontario.
    myplan is some housework and Costco. Then ds2 needs a ride back to school.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

I managed to do 2 loads today one went in the dryer and one on the line.Cara went to bed at 7.15 and was up at 6.00 a.m ,ashlyn slept in til 8.00 a.m .I am so tired thou.

Son picked them up at noon ,so now i am relaxing .

Page 15 of 24 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast

Thread Information