User Tag List

Page 16 of 24 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast
Like Tree2380Likes

Thread: September 2022 Frugal Chatter; Almost Fall and Harvest time !!!

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by SassyAshley View Post
    Odd fact and I cannot explain it but I have always had this fear of using our hand mixer. I am not sure why but I usually try to avoid using it but I have slowly started to use it more often, get comfortable with it and it is life changing.
    Well @SassyAshley then you'll fully appreciate MY fear of ceiling fans. I will never sit, stand or be under one. Often to get a laugh or a rise out of me DH will point and say " Look out! over there is a ceiling fan! "

babies teach us acceptance

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

weird day. but i got a few items off my todo list. i need to plan out my week a bit.

we have cool weather coming up... i need to come up with a decent menu plan

i did spend a bit of time doing a bit of dc planning. we have 3 weeks till thanksgiving.
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Will pop in on the forum tomorrow morning (family's back in the afternoon and I don't think Internet will be available to me at that point-TBD). Yesterday, I was just tired (back is still on complaint mode)...but still got up in early morning Sun, snacked, got online, then back to bed. Woke after 9am and noticed the humidity, thankfully offset somewhat by moving air (Mr. Wind). Feel sorry for Puerto Rico-saw Youtube videos about power going off island-wide due to Tropical Storm Fiona. Residents on that island must wish for power stability after prior long-term outages from past storms.

Soaking rain fell around 2:30pm. Vegetables and trees needed the water. This week, half of any ripe/near ripe cherry tomatoes looked fine on the vines, while other half are split and rotting on the vines. I've been checking about every three days for any large or small tomatoes to pick. Got one green pepper but I won't slice it in case it's just as bitter as the three I picked about two weeks ago (and have sliced and in the fridge).

Napa cabbage has been snacked away and I pulled out the frozen items to thaw in the fridge in case family wants to make sandwiches/toast or have leftovers rather than cooking something. Clementines have been peeled and separated for easy access and the Perrier peach beverages are chilled.

Enjoyed a nap on the sofa-rare event but the afternoon made it so! Family event today (I had sent regrets)-found one video posted online but not pictures. Will see if that changes by tomorrow.

When I was looking through the Party City flyer that came last Thursday, I saw the tiny print on back of flyer indicated that the prices took effect on Sept. 24. Maybe the chain wanted readers to know costumes are in stock and ready for purchase, despite the flyer not being in effect? When I saw @Angela273 's post about costumes at the thrift store, I wanted to point out the flyer matter. I'm wondering if Psy's Western apparel is showing up in costume stores-he had so many cool looks in That That video (also the summer versions in a Seoul summer concert video I found on Youtube). I did see a Mandalorian outfit in the Party City flyer but not Cad Bane.

The morning to-do list is a series of small tasks and some self-care. More rain/weather is on the forecast. I think I will skip the late monarch's funeral viewing--simply not keen to see the to-do, as I want to enjoy the last hours of having home to myself. Tea, however, will be part of breakfast. OK, time to go to sleep-have sweet dreams everyone!
    harbie, JadeAngel, barbis9 and 4 others like this.
    "This is the Way." The Mandalorian

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Lots of rain this morning. Such a grey day is only made somewhat better with a cup of sweet, milky English breakfast tea. Still have to think about what food to have:likely buttered toast and jam. Did see a glimpse of funeral service as Fox29 along with CBC, CHCH, and Global had the same feed along with Radio-Canada. Only CTV Barrie had last night's news on before 8am so I watched that to get a sense of what I missed last night.

My left leg has had a cramp in the lower leg for two days and my right leg was hinting the same issue this morning. So another foot soak with Epsom salts followed my shower.

Checking flights overseas-if my family was on the late flight to connecting flight, they might be stuck for a day. However if they had the earlier flight out, they would have made the 1 plane heading to Toronto right now.
    Noticed some distant relations had a trip out to the East Coast last month-chance find of photos as eldest one of siblings posted about someone's passing but her younger sibling had the vacation photos.

Today is SportChek's last day for its Friends and Family sale! Off to do those little tasks that need doing, right after I get my toast! Will return a little later. #MotivationMonday
    harbie, JadeAngel, barbis9 and 4 others like this.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Well last night went to bed with a cold ,will test myself on wednesday .
    Watched the royal funeral and just had some warm soup and lemon/ginger tea .

I just looked at the bay and they upped their free shipping to spend $79 or more so may not be shopping for the odd thing from them anymore .I just used my points from doing surveys to get a $25.00 indigo code sent to me for online shopping ,nice .
    harbie, JadeAngel, barbis9 and 5 others like this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

My pinky finger is my touchstick for the cellphone. Miss that $3 gadget I had for the other cellphone. Tiring to type with one finger for texts.

One room vacuumed-somehow 4 little spiders set up residence in the past week. Believe I got each of them. Have to watch the corners from now on.
    Light fixture cover removed and dusted out -some dead insects inside-and replaced.
    My body is mad about my weekend activities. A nap will be due soon once I get a second room tidied.

Buttered toast with cherry jam was just perfect for breakfast. Need a few clementine sections for some energy. Am thinking of pop but that was Saturday's treat.

Toronto plane has landed. Will see in next couple of hours if I have family or not! Hoping for some mail...
    Skippy, harbie, JadeAngel and 4 others like this.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Morning ,well i caught covid .I tested last night 1.00 a.m as i had the worst headache and chills,then sweats .
    I didnt get groceries last week ,only went out a few times last week .Whos knows where i caught it .
    I am wearing a PPE and trying to stay away from my hubby ,so i am living upstairs ,lets hope he doesnt get it .
    harbie, JadeAngel, barbis9 and 7 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by coupon girl View Post
    Morning ,well i caught covid .I tested last night 1.00 a.m as i had the worst headache and chills,then sweats .
    I didnt get groceries last week ,only went out a few times last week .Whos knows where i caught it .
    I am wearing a PPE and trying to stay away from my hubby ,so i am living upstairs ,lets hope he doesnt get it .
    Oh no Coupon Girl! Hope you feel better quickly!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Yesterday was a write off for me. I was up way too late Sunday night and felt rough yesterday. All day long! My head was pounding and my tummy felt off.
    I feel much better today! I warned DS that he will have chores when he gets home from school.

I have to say the $1.88 Clementine bag at Food basics are amazing! I've bought 2 bags and will be going to buy a few more tomorrow. They are perfect for DS's lunch too. The raspberries for $1.88 are good too.

I work from home tomorrow so thinking I will finally make the lasagna I have wanted to make for awhile. I have everything needed to make it. Will take the ground beef and cottage cheese (its a large block so will that and then chop up) out of the freezer tonight.
    Dinner tonight- Thinking burgers on the bbq since we have buns to use up. Simple and the we can bbq while cleaning out the garage.

Have a great day everyone!

Trading Score
    39 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by coupon girl View Post
    Feel better soon, @coupon girl . My DS got sick within 4 days of being in school. First Monday of the school year he was absent already! It was unbelievable. His teacher told me for that day alone there were so many absent kids and staff. The good thing was it was only a cold. And then a few days later, it was my turn, DH and DD. It was very minor. No runny nose but a few days of not feeling well. We do get emails of self-reported COVID cases in my DS’s school everyday, but nothing from my DD’s high school.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Last edited by JadeAngel; Tue, Sep 20th, 2022 at 11:11 AM.
    Skippy, harbie, barbis9 and 5 others like this.

Trading Score
    203 (100%)

Oh no @coupon girl . Hoping you have mild symptoms and a super speedy recovery

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

oh no @coupon girl , hope you feel better soon.
    Skippy, harbie, JadeAngel and 4 others like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

hi,just slept for 2 hrs ,the drippy runny nose is the most pain plus a continuious headache .I have had 3 shots so i am glad it is like a really bad cold and not worse ,last booster was in may 4 months ago .

I just had 2 friends want to take me out for my birthday this week ,not not happening .Hubby just took a test and he is negetive so lets hope .

So glad i have a small stockpile in times like this.
    Skippy, harbie, JadeAngel and 6 others like this.

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

@coupongirl I am sorry to read that you have Covid but am thankful that you got your shots and so the symptoms are manageable.
    Praying for your recovery and that no one else in your family catches it. Indeed glad that you have a small stockpile which is a lesson for us all.
    harbie, JadeAngel, barbis9 and 5 others like this.
    Always remember the What are you thankful for today? thread as there always is something to be thankful for.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Oh skippy for sure i have had 3 shots in total so glad .You know the kicker thou i have an friend not a super close friend that was never vacinnated and she will be saying to her hubby "see we haven gotten it".

In ontario there is still hospitalization cases ,so glad i was not one of them .
    Skippy, harbie, JadeAngel and 6 others like this.

Page 16 of 24 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast

Thread Information