User Tag List

Page 21 of 24 FirstFirst ... 11 19 20 21 22 23 ... LastLast
Like Tree2380Likes

Thread: September 2022 Frugal Chatter; Almost Fall and Harvest time !!!

Trading Score
    203 (100%)

@Giseledta good to hear your youngest is safe and has power
    @coupon girl the exhaustion can last for quite a while with Covid. Just don’t over do it.
    @SassyAshley you still accomplished a lot.

Good morning all. Woke up with a pinched neck but Dh is trying to help fix it. Fingers crossed it works since I have a dentist appointment tomorrow and then we head out on a road trip and that’s not fun when you’re in pain.

After enjoying coffee on the deck this morning I’ll be making some meals to take with us on our trip (at least prepping it all today).

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Meatballs and rice done! Peppers chopped up so easy to toss the meatballs/sauce/peppers in pan at dinner!

Kitchen is clean.

And I feel done. Going to relax for a bit. At least dinner is mostly made

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Change in plans for dinner. Mom said she wanted Chicken so I was thinking Lemon Herb Chicken and Rice but then she asked if we had any Spaghetti Squash, Yep, still 2 in the produce bin. So dinner was Chicken Caprese Spaghetti Squash Bowls.

I bought the Spaghetti Squash at Costco, it was one of the best Spaghetti Squash I have ever had, it pulled away from the walls nicely, cooked up nicely. They were huge, I knew they were big but it seems like there were a lot of seed and good portion was the centre you remove. It did not look like that much squash was left but once you went to eat it, there was a ton of squash, I am beyond stuffed.

When I went downstairs to get the stuff for dinner, I came back up to Mom doing the few dishes from making the soup. I had already done the dishes from the Everything Bread. Since I made the mess I offered to do the dish but Mom said, nope she had it.

So well she did the dishes, I cleaned the microwave in the kitchen that does not work. We have a microwave above our stove that has stopped working, we need to have an electrician come in and look at it. I now use it to proof bread but it needed to be cleaned. So I took the Mr Clean Clean Freak cleaner to and I am officially in love with this cleaner, it is amazing. I grabbed it when it was on sale at Costco and I am happy I did. It is great for those hard to clean areas and you do not need to use a lot.

I curled up on the couch with a cup of Hot Chocolate and was going to watch a movie but instead I went down the rabbit hole known as Pinterest but found some great new recipes to try.

Now I am binge watching Glow Up on Netflix.

Happy Sunday
    Last edited by SassyAshley; Sun, Sep 25th, 2022 at 06:31 PM.
    Giseledta, harbie, barbis9 and 4 others like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Have a good week,.
    Giseledta, harbie, barbis9 and 3 others like this.
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

I had hubby get my turkey butterball at fortinos on sale $30.20 -used 40.00 in points .I also asked him to pick up watermelon slices, strawberries 6.99 last of ontario ones sooo yummy .

Hubby went down to his brther's and sister-in-law gave me 2 plants wild grasses for my front garden and a few fresh baked ginger cookies -so yummy .I stayed behind to follow protocol,i mean i could have went if i wore a mask but just relaxed and started a puzzle.
    Giseledta, harbie, barbis9 and 6 others like this.

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Morning Everyone,
    Happy Monday.

Up and getting things done and off the to-do-list.

Laundry is going.

A few things off the work to-do-list.

That never ending question is on my mind, what's for dinner? I was thinking the Lemon & Herb Chicken & Rice dish but now I am thinking maybe Shepherd's Pie. Normally we would not have beef on Saturday and again 2 days later but I am craving the Shepherd's Pie. We shall see.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

@sassyashly- Thanks for the reminder to take the chicken and sausage out of the freezer that I wanted to make for dinner

I have a basket of sausage to use up so will make it to go with DS's chicken since he is a big eater.

I almost missed garbage pick up. We had pulled the bin from the garage but hadn't put it out to the road yet. I thought I could faintly hear the truck this morning and ran out to bring it to the road. Never fails they come early the day you don't put it out the night before.

It feels like a Monday. Enjoying my coffee now and need to get rolling. Have a report to finish today.
    DS doesn't have class today so he can finish cleaning his stuff in the garage so I can park in there.

Have a great day!
    Last edited by Frugalbigmama; Mon, Sep 26th, 2022 at 10:19 AM.

Trading Score
    203 (100%)

Happy Monday morning.

Have a dentist appointment today . It’s just a clean but my neck is really bad and I dread the chair today.

After the appointment we will have to pick up a few grocery items to bring with us tomorrow. I’m going to have to make the meals today also. Nothing like leaving it to the last minute

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by harbie View Post
    Happy Monday morning.

Have a dentist appointment today . It’s just a clean but my neck is really bad and I dread the chair today.

After the appointment we will have to pick up a few grocery items to bring with us tomorrow. I’m going to have to make the meals today also. Nothing like leaving it to the last minute
    The meals will be fresher now I always pack food for road trips.
    Even our trip to NF in August I made us all lunch and we just pulled over to grab them out of the cooler and then ate them while continuing on our drive.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Where has the month of September gone? I can't believe it will be October 1st on Saturday!

I need to really get rolling on my "to do" list. The mission this week is to work on the spare room. The closet needs to be cleaned out (lots of new stuff on top shelf (stuff for bathroom reno and new gazebo lights etc to set up next summer) and then some of oldest DS's clothing that I think he doesn't want.

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by coupon girl View Post
    I had hubby get my turkey butterball at fortinos on sale $30.20 -used 40.00 in points .
    ty for the reminder @coupon girl Thanksgiving is just 2 weeks away! I'm also thinking about how many pumpkin and mincemeat tarts I will need to make...fingers crossed we'll have 9 here if everyone RSVP's

babies teach us acceptance

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

PC Optimum offer today only! Receive 40% back in points when you redeem. The offer will be on your account. I had it on one of my accounts. (the one with the most points) I'm going to pop into SDM and see if there is any deals worth redeeming for.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

I just put all the laundry that was hanging to dry away.
    DS is to clean his room today and bring down all the dirty laundry. I will put a load on and hang it to dry. System is working well!
    Cleaning out my closet completely is on my list. Then the dresser. If I don't love it then it goes.
    I have a pile of Costco returns started. Will go there one night this week or on the weekend and return it all.

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Well I waited for my Breakfast to heat up, I cleaned the cabinet above the microwave. This is always my least favourite to clean, it is right above the stove.

The last load of laundry is in the dryer, is probably done just need to go down and get it.

Having some of my roasted cauliflower soup and Everything Bread for lunch.

The bread is okay, the bread is good for bread but it lacks flavour. Considering when you walk by the bread even in a baggie, it is all you can smell it does not have a ton of flavour. Plus I think it needs more salt. My guess is since they used a store bought seasoning mix it has more salt in the everything seasoning where is mine since it is homemade and does not have as much salt in it. I think with some tweaks we will be good.

I am going for it, the craving is real, we will be having Sheppard's Pie for dinner. I pulled part of a cooked roast from the freezer, chopped up most of my veggies during ingredient prep so should come together quickly.

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

I had such a busy weekend, how is it already Monday and next weekend looks just as busy and work is crazy too so no chance to take some time off. I did get lucky on Saturday and was in Metro and the coupons promo person gave me 2 FPC for Siggi’s yogurt which I love.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Page 21 of 24 FirstFirst ... 11 19 20 21 22 23 ... LastLast

Thread Information