User Tag List

Page 10 of 22 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 20 ... LastLast
Like Tree1558Likes

Thread: October 2022 Frugal Chatter: All about Fall and Halloween!!!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

TGIF! Chilly start to the morning but no rain so I will take it.

Oldest joined us for dinner last night which was nice. I like having my boys together So nice that they get along so well (there was a few kid years I worried lol)
    Cleaned kitchen after (loaded dishwasher) and it was still clean this morning!

Office day for me so I grabbed a banana for breakfast. (ate more then I should yesterday lol) so going to make it a light day today.

I want to hit the laundromat this weekend to wash some big bulky stuff. Save my washer.
    Need to dig out DS's winter jacket. I'm pretty sure I put it in his closet so will look for that this weekend. I would like a new short winter jacket. Will watch the deals but will probably wait till boxing day sales at Sportchek. (that's where I bought my long one and I love it. I paid $62 for it after discounts etc and it was reg over $300)

Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by coupon girl View Post
    Morning -not much sleep last night ,off to send off my pkg to purolator over at staples .Then popped into shoppers for my 1.00 seniors savings on the milk plus a few other items .Noticed i have less p.c offers this week plus spent 75.00 today get 20 times the points ,come on shoppers where is the spent 60.
    The offer I had on seniors day was spend $75 get 15,000 points and the 20% discount. I was annoyed as one item was priced wrong at the cash - they gave me the $10 credit and corrected the price, but I would have gotten more back on the 20% discount. Too busy and a long line up for seniors day, didn't realize it until I came home.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Morning finally got my $50 e-certificate from the utimate dining club,3 months later as they had to check it all out as someone scammed the card .Note to everybody always keep your reciepts when buying a gift card ,without it you dont have a leg to stand on!

I will go to library and print it off ,maybe use it soon.
    Skippy, JadeAngel, barbis9 and 3 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Morning finally got my $50 e-certificate from the utimate dining club,3 months later as they had to check it all out as someone scammed the card .Note to everybody always keep your reciepts when buying a gift card ,without it you dont have a leg to stand on!

This is why I dislike giftcards. Nothing worse then planning to use a GC and then it doesn't work! Glad they fixed the issue for you.
    I have a few in my purse I am planning to use ASAP. (they were gifts from work)

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

I had to pop home quick to grab something I needed for work. Grabbed a bite to eat quickly.

I just remembered that I am off on Monday so a nice 3 day weekend. Will make sure to get stuff done since I have the extra day.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Frugalbigmama-i wont rest til i use the paper gift card , the librarian printed it in black and white .I just hope i dont have trouble using it .Plan to use it sat or sunday night.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Frugalbigmama-i wont rest til i use the paper gift card , the librarian printed it in black and white .I just hope i dont have trouble using it .Plan to use it sat or sunday night.
    Hopefully all will be ok this time!

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Finally friday yay!!! 2 finals exams are scheduled next week and if I succeed the 2 off to the new school I will go in secretary....wish me luck please haha!!!!
    Skippy, JadeAngel, barbis9 and 4 others like this.
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

Good day my friends! Weekend already!!! Aren’t those leaves beautiful? Fav. time of year for me but body thinks otherwise(Too much fluctuation with the weather)
    Much work to be done as freezer died.But didn’t loose much and it wasn’t till after thanksgiving so that was a bonus and it lasted 35 years.
    Whatever you’re up to this weekend may you enjoy it well!
    Blessings my friends!
    Always remember the What are you thankful for today? thread as there always is something to be thankful for.

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

Wow skippy 35 years. They really don’t make them like they used to. Now you would be lucky with 15 years. Dinner tonight was leftovers for DS and DH and scrambled eggs on toast for me, sometimes simple is the best solution.
    I have a long list of things to get done this weekend as DH and I leave for Chicago on Monday evening. I am working most of the week but still a fun break.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Good very late evening everyone!!!
    Eve the cat got shaved this week .It was the first time for her,so we anticipated her reaction.So we gave her a realxing pill.She did fine.She is so cute with her new style and fell much better than before for sure!!! Cost was more affortable than Stella special case tought.
    So proud of myself!!! I had and found the energy to do 2 hours of cleaning of my kitchen.Now it is ok,not super but ok.It was a disaster.... Just need to put the garbage and recycling in bins tomorrow morning.

Off to binge some tv show on internet before bedtime
    Have a good rest of evening and night
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Morning Everyone,
    Yesterday ended up being a super busy day.

I went to our local branch to talk to the staff as there have been some "issues" with the new system we put in, it is just growing pains, we will work through them but some are getting frustrated.

Then I went to out other branch as their machines were not working right, one was human error and I fixed it. The other is going to take some time so I will go back next week when I have more time.

My rental was supposed to be back on Sunday but my car is not back. Dad called to check on my car as we were able to pick our preferred mechanic so my car has gone to the place that does our fleet service. Looks like it is going to be another 2 weeks so I emailed insurance and they do not seem happy, they extended my rental till next week but said they would be calling the mechanic to follow up on why it is delayed.

Since I went to our out of town branch, I shopped my way home and got:

Freshco:
    2 x Canola Oil 3L $8.88
    1 x Peppers 4-pack $2.88
    1 x Ginger Ale 6-Pack $2.95
    1 x Dr Pepper 6=pack $2.95

Food Basics:
    2 x Asparagus $1.88
    2 x Raspberries $1.88
    1 x Lemons 3lb $3.98
    2 x Milk 4L $4.69

No Frills:
    2 x Mushrooms 680g $4
    3 x Oranges $0.79/lb
    3 x Fries $2
    2 x Bread $2.75 WUB 2
    1 x Hot Dog Buns 12-pack $3.99
    2 x Velotine
    4 x Mushroom Soup $0.67 (PM Wal-Mart)
    4 x Tuna $0.97 (PM Wal-Mart)

We did not need a lot but a few good deals. Happy to get Asparagus, Raspberries and Oranges for some fresh produce.

We had stopped buying can soups but with Mom's health right now, if she is having a bad day and I am not home these convince foods are the difference between her being able to make something to eat or skipping meals. She tells me not to worry but I do.

I have a ton I need to get done this weekend but this weather and wearing an N95 at work yesterday my sinuses and head are not happy today.

Happy Saturday
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Yes, I find sometimes the cashier doesn't properly activate it, or it has been tampered in the store if you buy an actual gift card. I always keep all my receipts and tape the value on the physical card. E-cards make me nervous as I think it could be stolen.

Glad you finally got it sorted out.

I take a photo of it on my iphone and show that barcode, and they accept that.
    JadeAngel, SassyAshley and Ciel21 like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

You should be ok. My friend just printed off a Rens' e-coupon and they accepted that. Keep us posted.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Skippy View Post
    Good day my friends! Weekend already!!! Aren’t those leaves beautiful? Fav. time of year for me but body thinks otherwise(Too much fluctuation with the weather)
    Much work to be done as freezer died.But didn’t loose much and it wasn’t till after thanksgiving so that was a bonus and it lasted 35 years.
    Whatever you’re up to this weekend may you enjoy it well!
    Blessings my friends!
    Wow 35 years! Glad you didn't lose much food. I wish they made appliances like that today.

Page 10 of 22 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 20 ... LastLast

Thread Information