User Tag List

Page 20 of 22 FirstFirst ... 10 18 19 20 21 22 LastLast
Like Tree1558Likes

Thread: October 2022 Frugal Chatter: All about Fall and Halloween!!!

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Morning Everyone,
    Woke up at 5:30 and the plan was to get up and get my day going but I fell back asleep and got up just after 7 am. Ugh woke up with both a sinus and tension headache. Not quite the way I wanted to start my day but hoping it will turn around after some stretching, meds and tea.

I think the first thing today will be coming up with a meal plan for the week. I do not know if it is how I feeling but even though the weather had been nice this past week and looks the same for next week but I am feeling all the comfort foods. Thinking I might make some homemade bread and soup today, sounds so good right now.

I have some cleaning I really need to tackle but as of right now bending is not going to happen as my head will want to explode but hoping as the day goes on things get better and I can still knock out all of the things.

Happy Saturday Everyone
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

I need to get my bum in gear, I have a list of stuff to do today but coffee on the couch is way more fun. First up groceries. It’s a bunch of errands so I think I will treat myself to a coffee at McDonald’s 1st as I have some points about to expire.
    happy Saturday all.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Tried making a Skillet Bread to go with my soup, it is different. The flavour is good but the instructions said to put a dry dish towel over the pan well the dough was rising and the dough formed a skin and I think that is what is a little off to me. Plus it did rise before I cooked it but did not rise well baking so it is more like focaccia than bread. Sometimes the key is in the wording, I think it was called focaccia, I wouldn't be as thrown off by the texture but when you are expecting a bread texture, it is a little disappointing but the flavour is there.

Lemon Chicken Orzo Soup has been made. Enjoying a bowl for lunch now, I have been craving this for like 2 weeks.

Well I was in the kitchen waiting for my bread to rise and soup to cook, I emptied the dishwasher and cut one of the butternut squash because it had a mark on the side of it. We can now have this as a side dish this week.

It isn't all of the things but more than I thought I would get done when I got up this morning. The good news is the headache is better but my neck and shoulder are really stiff and sore which is slowing me down a little. I will continue to putter around slowly and see what I get done.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

You gals were at least productive this Saturday, all I could muster was to feed the bird, the cats, then flop back down on the sofa. Oh wait, I did brew a coffee too so that was something.

babies teach us acceptance

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

good afternoon.

intereting week. Thursday, my tiny town was on lock down. robbery up the road, thier police followed suspects to my town... caught 2, large town on other side of me sent additional police .... suspect on the loose till late in the evening. schools locked own till 530 when parents were able to pick t hem up. yep. that happened.

today , groceries... i picked up a flash food box, and spinach. decent deal . will do it again. noticed all the coupon pads were empty this time
    used 3.00 in coupons, price matched 2 items. shop was more then i wanted , but a good solid shop.
    hubby and i had a money talk. on the same page ( as always) alll in all everything is good.

thats it from here off to make supper, and see if the healthy me who did the grocery shop ... can somehow make all the healthy food seem like black forest cake the now hungery me wants for supper.... aint gonna happen... lol.
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Streets around us where closed for all the afternoon due to police who was after a man in crisis in his appart.Happy as it just finished nowééI feel more safe again now ...
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Evening Everyone,
    I spent most of the afternoon chatting with my Sis-in-Law getting caught up.

In between messages I was working on my crochet and recreating some of my old patterns. I got smart this time and put them in a notebook vs random pieces of paper.

Got the kitchen tidied, loaded the dishwasher and did the hand dishes. Got the Kitchen clean just in time to start dinner.

Mom wanted Chicken Wings, normally, I would have BBQ Chicken Caesar Wraps but we are out of lettuce so I just had a BBQ Chicken Breast. I was going to make Roasted Potatoes and Asparagus on the side but Mom suggested just making Oven Fries and I totally forgot to make the Asparagus, I was too busy focusing on the crochet pattern I was writing.

Right now I am working on a set of what I am calling Pencil Christmas Trees, it will be a set of 3. I have one done and am almost done the second one. I am knocking out the crochet right now. I forgot how much crochet helps me mentally. The focus, and keeping my hands busy really helps with my anxiety. Now to figure out what to do with all of my projects.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

question.... onions... anyone has a idea on how to store onions.... hmmm
    ideas
    JadeAngel, barbis9 and Ciel21 like this.
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

@Giseledta , for onions I have always heard a cool dry place. Growing up when we had our farm my Grandparents would store onions all winter long in the cold cellar.

I tried it once years ago and it did not go well. But I have noticed since we got the dehumidifier, a huge difference in my potatoes (they are lasting way longer and very little sprouting) so I am tempted to try Onions again. I put my potatoes in cardboard boxes and store them in a room with no windows.
    Last edited by SassyAshley; Sun, Oct 30th, 2022 at 06:41 AM.

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Morning Everyone,
    Woke up this morning and felt like baking. Found a couple of recipes I am going to make. Mom has also been saying she wants to bake, if she feels like baking today that will determine what we have for dinner.

Right now my plan is Roast Beef, Mashed Potatoes, Gravy, Squash and Asparagus but if Mom wants to bake, we may have to switch to Pork Chops to keep the oven free.

Thinking about running to the store, it looks like No Frills might have russet potatoes again. White potatoes are good but Russet are the best for mashed and potato soup.

Plus it looks like one day this week, I will be in the location that is close to the Chinese Market so thinking I will run in there and take a look. See if they have better Napa, the stuff at No Frills has not looked that good lately, plus I need more pickled ginger.

Happy Sunday

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Went to No Frills, ran into a co-worker and his wife had a little chat in the middle of the grocery store, ah small-town living this happens so often.

No Russet Potatoes, will check the locations near the Chinese Market and see if they have Russets, I am on the hunt.

I got:
    1 x Onions 10lbs $1.99 (Going to try storing these in the basement and see how it goes, I would love to buy in bulk)
    1 x Peameal $2.49/lb
    4 x Whole Wheat Tortillas $1.75 (We used our last pack this week for dinner)
    2 x Monterey Jack Cheese $3.79 for PC Members

I had to laugh, driving to the store I noticed Petro is at $185/L, this station is notorious for upping their price in the morning and at night. Not sure if it is true but I have heard the staff do this to try to get people not to come in well they stock shelves and clean up. The station on the other side of the corner was $169/L but people were still going into Petro.

Gluten Free Peanut Butter Cookies are done, although mine are not Gluten Free since we do not buy Gluten Free oats. Used up more of the Crunchy Peanut Butter we bought by mistake, it is AMAZING in these cookies.

I have Lemon Cream Cheese Crumble Cookies in the oven, it is a new recipe. Although I feel it is more of a bar than a cookie, you make it in a 9x13 and then cut it into squares. To me, that is a Bar or Square.

Mom is torn on baking but likes the idea of a Roast for dinner so we shall see.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Good Morning!

Went out early and grabbed a few groceries, went to the bank and walked downtown to the water
    Came home and cleaned the kitchen and cleaned out the fridge completely. Love when it is all clean and organized and I can see what I have to use up
    Stocked DS up on his cheese and will buy more since the expiry dates are in March/April
    I bought a prepared Greek Salad because the romaine is expensive/looks like crap or sold out/not available My store has a good size one for $8 and it will do me for many meals and will pull some lettuce from it for DS's school sandwich Tuesday.

My car is finally cleaned out. All I have in the back of my SUV is my bins stacked with reuseable bags and a box with my Cosco returns.

Will put laundry away now and then have a shower and get dressed for the day.

Enjoy the sunshine if you are lucky to have some like us today

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

I had the girls last night at 6.15 p.m i was a bit hot and cold -yes turned out to be a cold ,need to knock this out of me as i wish to go to my daughter's next sat to take her xmas tree to her and her wintercoats (i store them as she doesnt have the room).

I may rest this afternoon as little miss cara was up at 5.30 and her knee or foot was in my back all night -lol

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Dinner tonight was BLSL chicken breast on the BBQ. With Greek salad and sweet potato fries. So good!
    Glad I remembered to take the chicken out of the freezer this morning. I could have been talked into Chinese if I didn't have dinner planned.

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Cleaned out the fridge, there was one piece of lasagna and a few roasted apple slices that did not get eaten. Although I feel like I am still struggling, and not getting as much done as normal we are keeping on top of what is in the fridge and what needs to be used.

Did all of the hand dishes, again just in time to start dinner. Dish, Dishes are never-ending.

Garbage, Recycling and a box of paper recycling have all been taken out, something about getting it out of the house makes me so happy.

Dinner was made and the kitchen is clean again.

Now I am working on recreating my little crochet basket pattern. I love these, I use them so often for giving gifts, not only do they get the gift but they also get a basket they can keep and use.

Page 20 of 22 FirstFirst ... 10 18 19 20 21 22 LastLast

Thread Information