User Tag List

Page 1 of 22 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
Like Tree1558Likes

Thread: October 2022 Frugal Chatter: All about Fall and Halloween!!!

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Phew!!! Already October!!!!
    Summer is definetely behind us since a long time haha
    Leaves changing theirs colors,less daylight,clock change,and Halloween!!!
    Any Thanksgiving plans this year?
    Any Halloween plans this year? Do you give candy to the childrens at your house,are you doing a party?
    Any candy deals to make?
    Any change to your cooking like more soups and cozy meals?
    Cheers to another frugal month my friends !!!
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A
    Last edited by cath007; Fri, Sep 30th, 2022 at 10:52 PM.
    Skippy, Giseledta, harbie and 5 others like this.
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

ok I am back in love with my treadmill. I just walked/ran and my legs feel so good!!! Will use it everyday for sure now that DS isn't sleeping below it!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Thanks for the launch of the October thread, @cath007 ! We won't be doing Halloween for a second year (though last year my family members seemed to think we were handing out candy a few days before Halloween and I said no we aren't). This year, due to expected product shortage of some treats and the costs of anything edible, I think we won't be alone in not giving out candy. One neighbour last year did not seem to get anyone either. It usually helps to have a few houses in a section giving out treats to make the walk and partially dark street worth the time for the kids/youth.

I anticipate that Halloween parties will be a preferred idea with structured time and place for guests to enjoy. Costume prices (new in stores) seem high. Value Village may already have racks of clothing for Halloween in stores for enthusiasts looking to create looks or to alter items to suit their costume visions.

Boo on the Daylight Savings Time lasting into the first week of November! Electricity Time of Use rates change after the end of Oct every year, so that makes twice as much remembering of what time it is (on clock) and for the cheapest time to do laundry etc.

Cozy food and drink-have been having tea for over a week now and I've made Lipton's soup from a box a few times already. Forgot that one box was the less salt kind and instead of measuring 3 cups of water, I measured 4. Soup was rather diluted but I added dry bread cubes for some texture and to forget the flavour!

YAY for earlier Monopoly game launch in October! And Amazon Prime Days for members waiting for deals after Thanksgiving!
    "This is the Way." The Mandalorian

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Morning Everyone,
    Not the week I expected, I went into the week knowing it was going to be super busy, in a different branch each day.

Tuesday went well, we launched the online system, Wednesday was going well, launched the online system in another branch. On the way home I needed to get Gas because I was covering our Plant Manager the next day and Mom asked me to go to No Frills and get a Ham for Thanksgiving. I was driving up the main street in town to get gas when a car pulled out in front of me and I was in an accident. The car in front of me was turning into the parking lot they were pulling out of and the car assumed I was also turning, luckily I was not going very fast.

Everyone is okay, the cars not so much. Mine looks to have minimal damaged but they are worried about my wheel as it looks like they hit my wheel directly and some panels need replacing.

I am sore, I have chest and side pain from the seat belt. I have been checked out by my doctor.

We are now dealing with insurance and all of that, this has been a real eye opening experience. I called 911 after the accident and the operator was trying to do everything to not send out an officer, they wanted us to have the cars towed to a reporting center that is an hour and half away as our local reporting center closed at 5, the accident happened at 5:15. The police took almost 3 hours to arrive and it has been a very confusing process as it feels like no one is giving you all of the information. Thankfully my aunt is a retired police officer and has been there to help with questions as insurance is saying one thing, the police are saying another and I am feeling very stuck in the middle. One asks for something I try to get it for the other to tell me no they do not provide that information after an accident. It is all very confusing.

At the end of the day thankfully we are both alright.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Yesterday was a lovely fall day-cool in the morning and warm in the afternoon. Did a little yard work, cooking, laundry and dusting while DH cleaned inside. Out for a bike ride and a walk. Keeping our eyes peeled as a moose surprisingly walked right by our suburban front door a few days ago!! Exciting to see but needing to keep our distance for safety-yikes.

SA-sorry to hear about your accident but glad you are okay. Definitely a pain when your vehicle is damaged and a very confusing process for sure.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Good day!

Having a free weekend Sept-April is new for me! (Sad hockey mom that my baby is too old for minor hockey )

So after DS was at work I hoped on the treadmill. Then made breakfast, had a shower and got dressed for the day. Parked my car and walked to all the stores to look around (Mark's, Winners, Maurices, A shoe store and FB/GT)
    Came home to put chicken, coleslaw etc in fridge.
    Made lunch. Leftover Chicken and sweet potatoes with salad topped with cucumber and yogurt dressing.
    Refilling my water bottle and now heading downtown to park and walk and check out the shoe store down there. (I think I am going to treat myself to a pair of Bludstones. Ive never had them before)

Hope you have the sunshine we have and are enjoying it!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

@SassyAshley That runaround on the information was so unnecessary in your time of need. (((Hugs))) Hope insurance will provide for a new ride via company! I don't think many people realize that collision reporting centres are not open very long on weekdays especially when accidents happen out of town.

Pamper yourself with care and rest! Any concerns, see the doctor. We love you and want you to feel your best.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Sunny and a tad cool today out in the Hamilton area. I haven't been bothering to line dry anything outside this week--all laundry is either hung on hangers or on indoor lines or goes into the dryer. Have had two cups of English breakfast tea so far...

Just to test if cork can dull sounds, I cut one trivet into 4 pieces-2 were placed behind sofa legs so they won't whack the baseboard everytime someone sits down on the sofa and it moves backwards (and one of the front legs is LOOSE-will see if Bro can be made to get his Makita and straighten the leg before tightening the screw). While vacuuming side of loveseat and having it pulled out, I saw two wires for answering machine behind the loveseat got jammed under the baseboard. Wedged the freed wires behind 2 pieces of cork placed behind one sofa leg (as it sits in a corner of two walls; other back leg is not against a wall). Only reason I saw anything was because I was vacuuming dust/spider webs from open parts of heating baseboards and that's how I noticed a situation.

Did a trial $50 cart fill on Voila and I'll need to tweak my order list for next week (money does not go far and I'll shop for tea bags and Swiffer Dusters in person for better prices). Definite splurge though will be the Twinings Chai Latte K-Cups! I need that beverage so much in October.
    @barbis9 Last night's HAHA moment was seeing the return of Jockey tank tops on the Bay website for $18 each. They been MIA for 1/2 the year!Maybe they were stuck in a shipping container on a boat stuck outside of port space for months (still a thing).

I wanted to watch the CityNews clip on Youtube about the increase in Ontario's minimum wage but the reporters were talking about some other business topic at the start. Have the GO Transit bus drivers gone on strike today or not yet? I know there is an Oct 3 talk scheduled; last one occurred on Sept. 26.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

sassy-so glad you were okay

We visited hubby's brother and his wife today for 2 and half hours we sat on their patio set talking ,so relaxing while our weather is still very nice.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

oh no... glad you are ok @SassyAshley

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

I just went for a walk 18 minutes around the block ,a bit winded on the hill down ,not bad for a week after covid .

My sister-in-law and hubby,s brother honked at me and they bought me a meat pie from one of the best shops in my area ,as i was saying i havent had a great meat pie in ages.So nice of them!

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

@SassyAshley I just read about that fender bender you were in. Have your injuries improved any? The soreness and body aches can be debilitating for sure. Insurance claims are a Royal PITA! Been there, done that, we usually get screwed....traffic accidents that are NO fault of our own always ended up costing us $$ OOP. They write off an older vehicle rather than repair it and we always had an older vehicle. Grrrr.
    Giseledta, harbie, barbis9 and 6 others like this.

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

Sassy what an absolute pita and cars are in short supply now. Hopefully your recovery is quick.
    FBM, I highly recommend Blundstones. I bought mine 8 yrs ago and live in them for October to April, the are so comfortable and durable.
    We went to a 50 anniversary celebration today for my parents friends, took my father in law and he really enjoyed the day out. He used work with the husband of this couple years ago so he knew several of the guests and was able to socialize.
    We almost have him ready to move closer to us, we are all very excited that he will be 5 minutes away not 90 minutes.
    harbie, Tweets77, barbis9 and 5 others like this.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

Sassy .. omg! thank goodness your ok.

ok busy week. weirdly busy.
    i am looking forward to a at home day tomorrow. i need to get a bnch of housework done.
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Page 1 of 22 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread Information