User Tag List

Page 8 of 22 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 ... LastLast
Like Tree1558Likes

Thread: October 2022 Frugal Chatter: All about Fall and Halloween!!!

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

I am not sure if I should laugh or cry but here is a great way to save money. Have your DH shred your credit card. He thought he was shredded his old card and then I spent an hour tearing the house apart after my card was no longer on the table. I am going to USA next week and did not plan to pay for roaming so Apple Pay is not an option. So fingers crossed my new card arrives in 3 days.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Mail-bills, Marks.com sale Oct 13-15 card, real estate flyer and candidate mailer card.

Lovely afternoon for leaf raking. Laundry did fine on the lines but the washer has been dumping sticky bits on loads and I recall doing a washer bleach cycle (not spending money on Affresh tabs) last month. Going to have to take another run at cleaning areas of washer drum and spindle to get whatever is sticking around.

Evening-mailed an item then out to Cdn Tire for the Timothy's K-cups( no tax charged) and to new outlet store. Except outlet store is pretty much same as before (some racks have been changed and lots of the dark wooden general store bins are still in use). Clothing section is almost non-existent, toy section is not really around (few toys in baby supplies aisle), hardware is now mystery box section (not much pegged on racks), party supplies and office printer paper have jumped the shark (small appliances are stocked) and there's a small selection of charging cords and a $72 Lenovo Active pen on the shelves.

Skip the Dishes orange insulated food boxes (like oversize pizza boxes) are $45 apiece. Food items-most are from summer 2022 expiries but check drinks. Pepsi Zero case had Dec 2021 date. $5 for huge bag of Maynard Wine Gums (summer 2022 expiry), $2 Wheat Thins, $1 Ryvita Muesli crunch (Nov 2021-ok for me because I like this item as a snack).

Mustela baby care items-new packaging and higher prices. Baby lotion-$9.99(vs $5 in old packaging)-lots of containers on the shelf, cleansing gel $9.99 (some containers) cold cleansing gel $8.50 (might be the only one). No sign of baby wipes or the one bottle of facial product from spring 2022.

Did not check date on the pods for Van Houtte or Tim Hortons ($3 for 10pods of hot chocolate) but there's a lot of them on the power wall.

Little bit of clothing-one Leone packable puffer jacket on display, and a few sleeveless vests in the box. Two rough packages of Wonderbra product, random underwear in open boxes. A small rack of white dresses with colourful fringe on cap sleeves for little girls (likely 18mon to age 5 sizing) and square necklines-summer dresses for next year?

A small greeting card section remains (pared back from last years buildout to two displays of cards). Some ThinkVision cardboard boxes (Lenovo computer product) were at the front of the store. Random candies and cookies in the checkout aisle ie. $1 Peek Frean fruit creme cookies (did not check expiry dates).

When I got home, I decided to make a cup of chai latte. Hmm, the aroma does not travel far from the mug and actually it smells more like vanilla caramel candies with chai spices. I'll make do with this Timothy's supply of pods but Twinings has the better tasting and smelling chai latte!
    harbie, barbis9 and SassyAshley like this.
    "This is the Way." The Mandalorian

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by lilo0003 View Post
    I am not sure if I should laugh or cry but here is a great way to save money. Have your DH shred your credit card. He thought he was shredded his old card and then I spent an hour tearing the house apart after my card was no longer on the table. I am going to USA next week and did not plan to pay for roaming so Apple Pay is not an option. So fingers crossed my new card arrives in 3 days.
    After you realized it was your card that got shredded, did DH proceed to nab his card to shred or did he skulk off in retreat given what he had done?
    harbie, barbis9 and SassyAshley like this.
    "This is the Way." The Mandalorian

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

@lilo0003 , OH MY GOSH, I think I would have been the same do I laugh or do I cry.

@Ciel21 , Have you tried using Vinegar to clean the washing machine. I also refuse to buy the afresh packages as we have always just used vinegar and never had an issue. I have a front load so I put about a cup of vinegar in the detergent dispenser and let it run a cycle.
    Tweets77, barbis9 and Ciel21 like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Morning Everyone,
    No idea what was up yesterday, by the time I went to bed, I was feeling horrible.

Good news, I feel much better this morning but I did sleep in. My alarm went off, I turned off my fan and was listening to the rain fall and fell back asleep.

Last night we had Instant Pot Dump Alfredo and added Chicken, Mushroom & Broccoli with Cheesy Garlic Naan. I bought Naan for the dip I was going to make for Thanksgiving but since I did not go, we now have a Costco package of Naan that will end up in the freezer.

Now the question is what will tonight's dinner be? Thinking maybe Chicken Caprese Spaghetti Squash Bowls or I could make Pork Chops, hmm options.

Lots to get done around the house, lots to get done for work. Will be a busy day.

Happy Wednesday
    barbis9 and Ciel21 like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Good day! Rainy here today.

Dropped DS off at school. Went to No Frills. Spent $51.50 (redeemed $50 in PC pts so $1.50 out of pocket) They had the BLSL chicken on for $2.99 (instead of advertised price ) so I grabbed 4 trays. Also picked up lettuce, milk, cream cheese, hamburger buns, rye bread and bottle of bleach on clearance.
    Then went to Home Depot for a mat. Got home. DS called me asking me to pick him up. He was done his work and there wasn't class so everyone was leaving.

Gave the fridge a clean out. We have lots of broccoli and cauliflower still so that will go with dinner (chicken on the bbq) I will make up a foil pack of potatoes, onions and spices for the others) I will clean the kitchen while I make breakfast and then the dishwasher will be run at the end of the day.
    I need to put some laundry on too. Never ending!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by SassyAshley View Post
    Well, change in plans.

Mom woke up not feeling well, upset tummy, sore throat, headache, feels like she is getting a cold. She tested and is negative but to be safe I won't be attending Thanksgiving.

I know I said I wanted to spend the day in bed but that was manly my anxiety talking, what can I say driving still makes me nervous but it is getting better. I had been working to try to control my anxiety before Mom got up.

A little sad to not be seeing my family, I feel like since Covid us getting together is harder and harder and we do not just run into each other anymore since most of us are working remotely. But it is better to be safe than sorry.

Now, I have to figure out dinner for dinner, hmmm, had not been planning to cook tonight.
    If you continue to have anxiety with driving (which is understandable), let your doctor know. Your car insurance can cover driving treatments if it gets really bad. I know from personal experience.
    JadeAngel, SassyAshley and Ciel21 like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Has anyone here ordered from Wayfair?

I have heard not so good reviews on their delivery but that seemed to be on larger items, a lot of reviews of things just left on lawns. I am looking for a laptop table.

I was looking at Amazon but all of the ones they have are smaller than my current table and being a remote worker (sometimes) my workstation layout is important.

Checked Wal-Mart which is where we got out current laptop table but they did not have anything comparable now.

Ikea did not have anything like what I am looking for, I like to have a two part table with a side piece I can put books on and write on because I am all about the to-do-lists.
    Wayfair is a nightmare! avoid if possible. Have you tried Staples or Costco online?

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Giseledta View Post
    good morning all.
    its been a very busy couple of weeks. but i think i am finding a new.. busier groove. not happy with the busy ... but its managable currently.

working points. i am on a app for walking.. trading points into petro points for a 10 c off per litter for gas. . slow and steady

last week... picked up a extra dc child for 1 day, andmy over night kids.
    i need to start my grocery order, make a menu plan for the week

my goal for the day is a full clean of the bedroom closet. get alll the laundry done. bring up the halloween bins... work a bit on dc stuff.
    How do you get points to convert to Petro Canada?
    SassyAshley and Ciel21 like this.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

not feeling very well those past days...
    dad have his eye surgery today...
    JadeAngel, barbis9 and Ciel21 like this.
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Ciel21 View Post
    Clothing sizing and fit and even fabric quality in womenswear has been an ongoing issue. I miss stores that offer size X before 1X size (like Addition-Elle used to do-rarely saw it but when I did it seemed to be like a regular size 14-16 fit). Giant Tiger does not seem to have a size X in their plus sizes, only 1x-3x. Also miss Cotton Ginny as well.

I used to get white Haggar shirts at the Bay. Late 1990s, it was a woven, semi-transparent cotton/poly blend shirt retailing about $45. Hung on a hanger, it dried really fast outdoors on a line or overnight in the basement (or dry enough to be easy to iron the remaining moisture out). When I got a new version in the early 2000s, it was spandex/cotton/poly blend, more fitted with ribbed poplin texture. Darn thing did not dry fast anymore and was made in a different country-retail was like $65!

Sweaters-I lean towards cardigans now but have two pullovers with wool content that I love for at home or cold days outdoors doing raking. I was looking at this season's sweaters on Reitmans and Ricki's sites and so many open cardis are being shown. Few buttoned cardigans! Grateful I had found some two years ago for Mom on those sites plus the Bay. Don't hesitate to check out men's cardigans-usually in shawl collar or v-neck cardigan styles. They often come in black or navy with some variegated styles and POCKETS.
    Simon's does carry a limited selection of plus size womenswear-some sweaters appear on page 2 of results: https://www.simons.ca/en/search--sea...%20size&page=2

Jeans-both The Bay and Nordstrom Canada carry some of Khloe Kardashian's Good American line of apparel. Sizes up to 24.
    https://www.nordstrom.ca/sr?origin=k...ood%20american

https://www.thebay.com/c/women/good-american
    Isn't it annoying that men always have buttoned cardigans but women don't? I have to find some type of clips to hold my Old Navy one from last year. Bought for $17 on clearance last winter and it is so warm. For a large it is like an XL. I bought linen pants this summer only to find part of the pocket sewed in error. Thankfully I was able to use the seam ripper and now the pocket is fine. I find the quality of Old Navy is going a bit downhill.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by harbie View Post
    Good morning everyone.

Yesterday was a wonderful day, and really productive too.

Dh and I went to Under Armour to return 2 pairs of shorts I purchased online but they were WAY too big. This is the breakdown:

Return $57.14

I got:

1- Rival Terry Hoodie reg $65 on for $32.50 I paid $23.64
    1-Velocity v neck workout shirts reg $20.97 I paid $7.63
    1- Velocity v neck workout shirt reg$ 27.00 I paid $10.90
    $47.22 oop saved $70.80

DH:
    1- Performance shirt ( compression style) reg $60.97 paid $22.96
    1- Crew socks reg $27.00 paid $8.10
    1- Higher style socks reg $27.00 paid $8.10
    oop $57.63 saved $63.52

Total saved $134.32!

Then we hit up Starbucks for refresher. I pre ordered and picked up through the drive thru. Noticed they made it incorrectly (they didn’t add the coconut beverage) so brought it to their attention and they not only gave Dh the original, they made me a correct one and they made it a venti and I only ordered a grande! Plus I got 40 stars for ordering promo.

Since we did such awesome savings we decided to head to sport check and picked up 2 tennis racquets and a set of balls and played tennis for the first time in 20 years. Definitely harder then pickle ball but we did really well and love it. Plus it was a tiny bit cooler than the day before which was nice.

Also did our weekly CC purchases review and paid off, cancelled Telus prepayment for our bills now that they will be charging a 1.5% fee on CC pre authorization payments .

Dh is off today for his long weekend and is doing the laundry
    While Telus is charging, and annoying customers, most vendors are refusing to charge extra. I hope it bites them back, as the credit card charges are considered the cost of business. I'm not impressed with Telus either

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by lilo0003 View Post
    Is DH in the dog house??

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

@lilo0003, OH MY GOSH, I think I would have been the same do I laugh or do I cry.

@Ciel21, Have you tried using Vinegar to clean the washing machine. I also refuse to buy the afresh packages as we have always just used vinegar and never had an issue. I have a front load so I put about a cup of vinegar in the detergent dispenser and let it run a cycle.
    I use vinegar as a fabric softener in my machine. It leaves clothes fresh and no vinegar smell.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by cath007 View Post
    not feeling very well those past days...
    dad have his eye surgery today...
    Very sorry that you are not feeling well the last few days.
    cath007, SassyAshley and Ciel21 like this.

Page 8 of 22 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 ... LastLast

Thread Information