User Tag List

Page 11 of 22 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 ... LastLast
Like Tree1558Likes

Thread: October 2022 Frugal Chatter: All about Fall and Halloween!!!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Went to a cosmetics warehouse sale and was surprised at how organized and clean it was. Spent $12 on things I needed. They had actual Chanel nail polish for $5 but my finger nails are short.

Afterwards we went to Costco, I stayed under $100 and picked up Kirkland dog food for small dogs for $25.99 for a huge bag 9.07kg. That alone pays for my membership. I also bought the nasal rinse 200 packs with bonus bottle for $19.99 (after $5.00 off). My friend drove so I treated her to a French vanilla coffee at Tims.

Forgot to pop into Food Basics as they have raspberries and asparagus on sale for $1.88. Will do that today and pick up slippers for $9.93 at Canadian Tire on clearance.

Have a great weekend everyone.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

We are having our oldest granddaughter to sleep over "ashlyn" we took her to a halloween store to return an item for daughter-in-law and bought her a small bag of gooey small body parts so she can decorate her barbie house for halloween.Donated 5.00 to the Mcmaster Childrens hospital ,so ashlyn could write her name on a heart and they put it on the walls.

Getting dressed up in dresses ashlyn and i so papa,ashlyn and i can go to kelseys for supper to use up our e-certificate .Memories are what life is all about .

Update -we ate at kelseys and used the printed gift card ,had a nice time with our granddaughter plus saved $50.00 .
    Last edited by coupon girl; Sat, Oct 15th, 2022 at 07:08 PM.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

I had the van packed Friday morning and hit the road when I finished tracking for the day. I’ll be driving back to the rental house mid-Sunday afternoon. There is always more to do than there is time to accomplish it in.

We spent a large part of the day out of the house and it didn’t even include grocery shopping. I had all 3 kids try on pants and long sleeved shirts from their clothes bins before we headed out this morning. I’ve arranged for their small clothes to be picked up tomorrow by a family in need.We bought Ds a new pair of shoes bc his new shoes are already wearing out. I bought supplies for three different crafts for the Art Club. We went to a family library program and did a cute pumpkin craft. Went out for lunch and used a $20gc that Dh won from the library. We brought Tim’s to our friend when we visited him in the hospital. He’s been there for 9 days and counting. He was the best man at our wedding. Dh will bring him items from his house tomorrow. I was surprised that no one had done that for him yet. A few loads of laundry later anc we’re now getting the kids ready for bed for the night.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Morning Everyone,
    Did not get much done yesterday, not sure what is up, not really feeling like myself lately. I am always feeling super tired and lacking ambition and just blah.

I am not sure if it is life kicking my butt, just dealing with everything going on or even the seasons changing. I do feel like the shorter days are affecting me, finding it really hard to get up and get going when it is still dark out.

Just really hating the way I am feeling right now, but today is a new day and hoping I find some ambition and knock a few things out. Hoping this is just a little rut I can knock myself out of.

Happy Sunday Everyone
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Afternoon -ashlyn didnt get to bed til 11.10 ,hubbys snoring woke me up ,so a little tired right now.We got ashlyn to her swimming classes and watched with my son .

Just chatted with my daughter she always talks for about an hour when she doesnt have sebastian ,so that was nice.

I need fruit and veggies but dont know if i have the get up and go to go out .If i dont today there is always monday.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

went grocery shoppig yesterday,
    4 items price matched. - 15.00 savings
    had a deal on frz veggies and cheese loaded to my pc card.. saved 17.00
    used 5.00 in coupons
    and 15.00 back in points
    5.90 in various cash back apps.

grabbed severaal coupons for items i use. oldest who works at SDM said they are having coupon sales reps back in the store more. she is watching fo rme for med coupons... benydrl ect.

found a cheaper glucosime dog treat for puppies. possible 25.00 saving per month... so we are trying it . and its canadian so win there as well.

worked on the back yard a bit.... prob will try and work on it more later.
    going to just rest . i am .. exhusted.
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

In the that is weird file, I was sitting here and my phone made a noise that I had an email and I am not sure why but I decided to check it (I had been ignoring my emails as one of our managers must be working today as I was getting A LOT of system generated emails).

It was from the car rental company, it was an invoice for returning my rental but:
    1) Literally on Friday I had my rental extended as I do not have my car back
    2) I have not left my house today
    3) It was returned to Pearson not the local rental location

So I try to call the local rental location to see what is going on, they are closed. So I found a phone number for their call center and gave them a call. The rep kept laughing and must have asked me 5 times if I was sure the rental was not returned, "Yes, I am sure, I am looking at the car now."

Needless to say they sent my file for review and I have been told someone should call me tomorrow to discuss what happened. I also pointed out they need to refund my credit card as I was charge for someone not refilling the car but I still have the car and will refill it before I return it.
    JadeAngel, barbis9 and Ciel21 like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Good ealier evening
    Laundry is made,grocery too,only spend oop50$ decided we will eat from the freezer this week.My fridge need a good clean.
    Have a good week
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

@SassyAshley Great that you are keeping tabs on the insurance company and car rental places. I'd looking be into your credit card record to see if someone lifted your number to charge you for the phantom return--perhaps the rental company can figure out who processed the charge. It's not like you can walk to work or the branches...and it's great the ball is in the insurance company's court to follow up on repairs. Thought if there's a parts shortage, that's one thing no one can really change short of you providing a part from aftermarket or a DIY auto scrapyard (not that you are up to taking out car parts at the moment-you are recovering from accident and still working).
    Last edited by Ciel21; Sun, Oct 16th, 2022 at 06:37 PM.
    JadeAngel, barbis9 and SassyAshley like this.
    "This is the Way." The Mandalorian

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Yesterday, Voila attempted two early deliveries of my order slotted for after 6pm. I missed the first mid-afternoon call and happened to see the truck reversing while coming from the kitchen. Second call half hour before delivery, I had to tell driver to wait for appointed time as family hadn't left yet for event (they were late as usual). Then delivery call at 6pm and order came. Waited at back door for 5min then heard the truck reversing. Opened back door-no groceries and my empty bags from last order are still waiting. Hurry to front door-truck is driving away. Open front door-groceries. Hmm, instructions said back door, where bins and bags to collect were waiting. Guess I won't bother with Voila anymore.

Did get two free samples-Just Add an Egg (microwave cup with dehydrated diced potatoes, shredded cheese and bacon bits. Bro was making scrambled eggs today and was willing to mix in the toppings into his breakfast-he even gave me a little of it. Not bad for a $3.99 item. Very convenient not to have to cook bacon or shred cheese etc. Other sample is Kiri Cream Cheese (not a fan of cream cheese except when making cheesecake). $4.99 item. Always look at the SALE tab on Voila to see if any free samples are at the top of the results for SALE items. Since I placed my order on Thursday night, I was able to get samples (they don't always exist past weekend) for Saturday delivery (charge on debit card is rung through after delivery).

Decided to treat myself to the Montana's braised beef pot pie (delicious shredded beef and veggies but pie so salty) and to make a modest quantity of mashed yellow potatoes (my timing was way off on the potatoes, but I did not salt them as I had salted butter and milk added to the hot mash). Bro was not thrilled at lack of salt in potatoes but they were hot-warm when he showed up minutes after making them and had some anyway. Had leftover mashed potatoes for breakfast and lunch today along with last slice of beef pie. I spent quite a lot of time in bed today as my body hurts a lot.

Avoid buying the Selection brand of less salt chicken noodle soup from Food Basics (and likely Metro). Mom bought two boxes of the soup a week ago and I wanted soup yesterday for lunch. Despite adding dried parsley and sliced carrots (which were oddly bitter), the soup did not have much seasoning flavour. Added some crushed stale Ryvita crackers to sop up the soup and add some texture/salt. Think I will be giving rest of crackers to the birds tomorrow-having trouble with grains again...
    Last edited by Ciel21; Sun, Oct 16th, 2022 at 06:39 PM.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

The chai latte cups are a dream beverage and I'm rationing them one per day (so I don't have 3 cups in a day). Such a treat to smell the aroma while bevvie is streaming into my mug.

Started another grocery list on the fridge to add things I notice that we need. I may barely be able to do a walk for more bandages but my preferred tape seems not to be stocked anymore at Fortinos (checked on Friday and was sad to see another product in space) to use up my debit cash this week. Did not vote on weekend-just the idea of walking the way turned me off (it'd be 30-35min. Formerly under 30min walk.) Won't go on Oct.24-don't feel up to facing traffic on way to high school on Garner Rd W.
    @Giseledta Would you like those medicine coupons from the $102 savings coupon insert? I did not manage to leave them in a store on my last trip but I'd be willing to send them to you if you DM your address. The walk to the mailbox is easy and short for me!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Facebook seems to have an issue though Downdetector says there's not an issue. Some public pages-I can see the photo thumbnails on the left side of pages but the post side only shows gray outlines with blank sections (no content or dates/times). When I attempt to click on a photo thumbnail, I get a Page Not Available error message.

Sephora's Beauty Insider Program Terms and Conditions have been updated Sept 29 for the upcoming November 1 changes. Was on the website to see if the Cdn address I used to mail my loyalty card to was changed and it has not been. Will have to chat or call in to find out how to get card cancelled.

Bed and Bath Warehouse (Hamilton) flyer last week showed a photo of kids in Halloween costumes listed for $4.99. Not clear which costume options or sizes are available, but that's a deal considering tv segments are saying candies and costumes will be in short supply for Halloween. Don't forget thrift stores if alterations/DIY costumes are more your style. Or check your closets for accessories to make an outfit theme using your regular apparel and badges, etc.

Monday's to-do list-get flannel bedding on for this chilly week (though next weekend is mild), rake more leaves before rain comes down and just make sure I eat something for each meal with protein. I'm not that good with protein but I have to ensure liquid intake is adequate. My skin is flaking noticeably.
    Last edited by Ciel21; Sun, Oct 16th, 2022 at 06:56 PM.

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

@Ciel21 , No issues with my credit card it is my rental, it is my confirmation number, the car I have and everything, even everything except the gas is charged to my insurance company. My guess is someone closed the wrong reservation
    JadeAngel, barbis9 and Ciel21 like this.

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

I did not get all of the things done but I did get some of the things done which is improvement. Lately I would think about all the thing but then just sit on the couch and watch TV.

I pulled a pack of Bacon from the freezer and cooked it off. Ate one piece the rest is the fridge for this week.

I had 2 things of celery I bought like 2 weeks ago that needed to be dealt with. I soaked it in cold water for 2 hours as it was going a little rubbery, after 2 hours it was good to go. Cut and packaged it all. I had an old pack of celery in the fridge I expected to be past its prime, nope it is still good so now I am overrun with Celery. I really one needed one celery but I bought 2 as I was going to take Celery sticks to Thanksgiving but since I did not go, yep celery coming out my ears.

I cut up the last of my Romaine, it won't last long. Will have to see if Costco has Romaine next time I go, I saw some posting on facebook it has been hit and miss again.

Cleaned out the fridge, really did not have much food waste except 2 cucumbers which looked fine but when I went to move them they were squishy. Also lost 1 carrots and half a pepper. Considering how my week went and that fact my eating was off again, we did well, I was expecting a little more food waste to be honest.

Mom packaged up all of the ham into dinner size portions that we can pull from the freezer. She also had a number of things in the freezer in freezer bags but they were not sealed so she did that. She has Buttermilk & Pulled Pork.

I tidied up the Chest Freezer and did what I could with the Stand Up Freezer. Both of these freezers need to be defrosted and reorganized but that was not going to happen this weekend, maybe next weekend.

I did some restocking, filled the big Sugar Container plus the Small Container we keep in the Kitchen Cupboard, filled the Flour bin and also needed to fill the bulk bin so I bought up a 10 kg bag from the basement. I bought up a Baking Soda but realize as I type this, I did not put it in the container, it is sitting on the counter.

Still a lot that needs to be done and I might be feeling a little overwhelmed, just feels like there is so much to get done right now. But trying to take it one step at a time. My big goals for this week is to tidy my Stockpile room, the floor is full of bags of stuff to go on the shelves and tidy the Bathroom Pantry, I have so much stuff in the hallway that needs to go into the Bathroom. As well, I still need to disconnect the AC units. If I get those things done this week, I will be happy.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Posted a few contests. Ikea one is open to all with IG/TWitter accounts; Tourism Hamilton contest for K-pop fans of Blackpink is Ontario only. Will see if there are a few more to add because we all like winning stuff we want.

Page 11 of 22 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 ... LastLast

Thread Information