User Tag List

Page 15 of 22 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast
Like Tree1558Likes

Thread: October 2022 Frugal Chatter: All about Fall and Halloween!!!

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Afternoon Everyone,
    Ran to the grocery store to grab a few deals. I am trying to get more comfortable just running out to grab things again. I am feeling more comfortable (not 100%, but more comfortable) driving. But I do notice myself putting off leaving the house to do things.

Like 2 weeks ago we only need a few things from the store but one was Milk, well I keep emergency Milk in the freezer (Thank you Covid) so we used that instead of going grocery shopping.

Or I will wait until Mom can drive me, either she is already going out or she will drive me and I will go and do the shopping well she waits in the car as she can no longer go to various stores. This one is more tricky because it has become a bit of a win/win because it is getting Mom out of the house more often.

But nonetheless, I went myself and did some shopping, I got:

Food Basics:
    3 x Blueberries $1.44
    1 x Avocados 6/bag $1.96
    2 x Lemons 2lb bags $2.88
    1 x Ground Beef $3.28/lb
    4 x Beef Broth $0.99
    8 x Chicken Broth $0.99

I see more Blueberry Muffins in our future. With the Ground Beef, we will be making Burgers for the freezer. This was such a great price on Broth it is cheaper than buying the case on sale at Costco. I got 2 bags of Lemon as we drink a lot of Lemon & Honey in the Winter plus I plan to make a Lemon Chicken Orzo Soup for lunches next week.

No Frills:
    2 x Manogs $0.99
    1 x Green Onions
    1 x Naturally Imperfect Cucumbers $4.99 (There were 5 in the bag so worked out to $1/cucumber)
    1 x Garlic 3-pack $0.89
    3 x Milk $3.99
    6 x Diced Tomatoes $0.88
    4 x White Kidney Beans $0.88
    4 x Mushroom Soup $0.67 (PM Wal-Mart)
    2 x Gay Lea Sour Cream $2.29 (PM Freshco)
    4 x Chicken Broth $0.99 (PM Food Basics)
    3 x No Name Fries $2.00
    4 x Canola Oil $5.99

Two of the bags of Milk are for the freezer to restock our emergency milk supply. Lots of stocking up for the pantry, plus keeping a few convince foods to keep on hand so we avoid take-out. I have found with how I am feeling lately and dealing with everything I have considered take-out a few times but we only got it once when we got pizza over Thanksgiving weekend.

Now I need to reorganize the pantry a little bit to get everything in its place.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Not overly pleased with Old Navy right now.

I was kind of surprised, the day I ordered from Old Navy, I also ordered from Penningtons and WayFair and both of those deliveries have arrived but nothing from Old Navy, no email nothing. So I logged in and Old Navy showed my package was being prepared but ETA was today. It was weird but I thought oh maybe someone forgot to scan something or something, who knows?

Today I get an email that 4 of my items were unable to ship but are still on order and will ship as soon as available which should be within the next 30 days. Slightly annoyed but okay when will I get my other 3 items? I logged into Old Navy to see the other 3 items on my order have been marked as waiting for cancellation.

Seriously Old Navy, out of the 7 items I ordered almost 2 weeks ago none of them have shipped, you want to cancel 3 items and the other 4 "should" ship sometimes within 30 days. You already removed 3 items well I was checking out (I should have had 10 tops) because it took me too long to check out because your system would not accept my address and now this. Pretty sure I will not be buying from Old Navy again.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by SassyAshley View Post
    Not overly pleased with Old Navy right now.

I was kind of surprised, the day I ordered from Old Navy, I also ordered from Penningtons and WayFair and both of those deliveries have arrived but nothing from Old Navy, no email nothing. So I logged in and Old Navy showed my package was being prepared but ETA was today. It was weird but I thought oh maybe someone forgot to scan something or something, who knows?

Today I get an email that 4 of my items were unable to ship but are still on order and will ship as soon as available which should be within the next 30 days. Slightly annoyed but okay when will I get my other 3 items? I logged into Old Navy to see the other 3 items on my order have been marked as waiting for cancellation.

Seriously Old Navy, out of the 7 items I ordered almost 2 weeks ago none of them have shipped, you want to cancel 3 items and the other 4 "should" ship sometimes within 30 days. You already removed 3 items well I was checking out (I should have had 10 tops) because it took me too long to check out because your system would not accept my address and now this. Pretty sure I will not be buying from Old Navy again.
    I was worried about my Hollister order as they put through the payment on my credit card but I never received and email confirming the order or shipment.
    But I received the package Tuesday or Wednesday in my mailbox ( I ordered it on Friday) so was pretty quick.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

walkonby -i am not doing grocery shopping every week either ,every week and a half is fine .I just need fresh fruit ,so bought some last monday and today bought a bit .I am grabbing more items on 50% off clearance also ,yogurt ,a carrot loaf today .

Today popped into bed bath and beyond (most people think this store is so overpriced but they do have a few sales and pretty good clearance .
    I bought a sleep/lounge long sleeve top in small /medium they are huge 20.99 on clearance after 20% cpn -i paid $16.79 for me .
    I found out they now have a points program started last month ,you just punch your phone number into the pad ,i am in .
    As i was leaving spotted 70% off room spray -country harvest (smells ,like fall ,spicy ) i paid $2.10 each reg 6.99 a glass bottle got 2 .

Then popped into sobeys (only bought sale items ) i wanted to go to dollarama but my side of my foot was killing me walking ,darn if it is not one thing or another when you age !

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Rollercoaster day, emotionally, and last couple of days have been argumentative. I don't roll over too easily but Mom's seriously on another planet.

Beautiful afterno0n-had to get myself out as I kept putting off the tape quest. Shoppers had 3 rolls of my fave tape but I bought 2 @ $7.99 (about $2 more than Fortinos). While I was looking at the back aisles and clearance, I saw a Tylenol coupon and a $3 First Response coupon. Cough medicine-about 15-20% of what should be on shelves-no Benadryl coupons spotted. Got a Hamilton Spectator paper (no newspaper purchases this month so it was time) and a 10cent pkg of CyberClean wipes!

Got a Pepsi Max at Dollarama (it was needed) and forgot to look for the ltd edition Method soap though leaving the store, I knew I was supposed to look at something???

Fortinos-hit the personal care clearance cart-3 of 4 plastic bins and the shopping basket-no tape deals. Lots of 50% off baby bottle nipples and pop-up turkey basters and one pacifier clip-I put the baby stuff on empty spot on cart otherwise no knows its there. Some marked down Advil and Tylenol on top of cart (right behind the pharmacy privacy stand for vaccines/flu shots). Then swivel around to first aid items and NO WAY-restock of my fave tape! CRY> but I bought cushion pads since I'm almost out and have to wait for Nov $$$ to get even plastic bandages (almost out) and sliced loaf of bread (been a few days without it). Toast is in my future with the tea...

Felt tired when I got home but I kept thinking about the unclaimed cheeseburger. Head out the other way (very scenic) and come across 3 McDonald's drink cups without the Monopoly stickers but I feel happy that I even found them (like to keep thinking treasure might be found). Redeem burger prize and order large fries-game pieces no longer on pkg so I inquire and got pieces on small fry pkt and am happy. FOod is fine for filling me up.

Go outside, find a dime! Walked over to Value Village (no major coat finds), then Dollarama-no Meadowlands soap by Method. Two aisles of Xmas merch plus some Halloween stock. Lots of kids birthday cards over on far side of store. Then I go out. No cup or MOnopoly pkg finds on way home. Feeling the strain but happy I had the fries treat (at $4.96, that's a treat. Maybe I might do one more when next HST credit lands on Nov. 4- credit @eataig for posting that news!
    "This is the Way." The Mandalorian

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

No mail excitement for me, just lettermail for sibling. Community paper bundle came today and again no Walmart flyer. Glad I surfed digital flyers yesterday!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

CT money fans

Spend $150 or more TODAY and get 30x CT money (wup with CT credit cards) or 20X CT money (triangle rewards).

Party City has 20x/30X CT e-money event for Sat Oct 22 and Sun Oct 23 in its depts inside Cdn Tire stores.

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Why is it the moment you get home you remember what you forgot at the store?

I came home, got the groceries in the house (why do I always buy all the heavy stuff when I shop alone?), put away the fridge and freezer stuff and went to walk upstairs and remember, I meant to grab wonton wrappers (I have a serious craving for dumplings) and molasses for Mom. Oh well, maybe tomorrow if I decide I need to get out for a bit I will go grab them.

I was also hoping to grab some snow peas but wow are they expensive, a little tiny tray was $2.99. I might have to go to our branch that is by the Chinese market and I am thinking maybe just maybe I might pop over and check out their produce deals. I have not been to the Chinese market in years, the last time I went was just as Covid was hitting.

Has anyone here ever shopped at T&T? They also opened one by one of our locations I have never been, I know Bro said they liked it better and I saw someone on Instagram say it is their fav store so not sure if I should check it out.

Did not get as much done today as I had hoped. Not sure what was up but all of a sudden this afternoon I started to really not feel well, thinking the way it came on and the way it stopped, it might be a lack of a gallbladder thing but not sure.

Lots to get done this weekend, but I think I can get most of it done. The one thing I might not get done is defrosting the freezer, it needs to be done but not really looking forward to that task. There are some other things I need to get done first so we shall see if time permits.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

ceil -i am missing a few flyers i use to get in community paper,metro ,fortinos,giant tiger, so i called .The answer i got was yes this is all the flyers you get according to your address.I rely on them to price match as i dont own a cell phone-such is life.

Just used a 20.00 e-certificate(i got from doing my surveys ) on indigo and only paid $4.85 after got lego figures for ashlyn ,an i spy card game to keep at my house for when grandkids come ,plus an i spy xmas book for little cara for xmas .

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Yeah I know they removed the Super C flyer now...before the GT,the WM,the Métro and others ones...what is remaining...maxi and iga...lol
    seriously annoying....but I have reebee on dad phone...and I check reebee every week
    So ...TGIF...Good earlier evening,
    So now I do english full time,30 hours per week..for 3-4 week...wow that is a lot
    Yeah clothes...I checked Reitmans for some new t shirts because they are having a mid season sale...mmm....no plus size and no v neck...all gone...I will recheck tomorrow I guess take my time to search I dont know

Laundry is done,not need to much for grocery sunday
    A treat to myself for my exam I purchased a beautiffull warm long scarf in drug store cozy...37$ wow not cheap fit perfectly with my new winter coat
    An after a pair of new boots for this winter the other one are pratically finish...at a shoe store...they where at leat 50% off in the clearance section my size and I like those so score...good quality boots, reg 130$ sale 70$ that dont include the 8&*&* taxes ....

So expensive day yeah
    Need to work in my book this week end...I was not concentrate in school class this week with the change of my schedule...
    Found becel 1,25$ coupon and kiri cheese 1,00$ coupon in french at my iga. tear pad

Have a beautiful evening and night
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Morning,
    Had a little trouble getting out of bed this morning but up and enjoying a cup of tea before I start my day.

I did think about running to Costco this morning to grab the few things we needed plus get out of the house but when I looked at my list really the only thing I still need is Robax. Everything else ended up being cheaper at a local grocery store this week. Although I do really want lettuce but I heard it is hit-and-miss again if Costco has Romaine. A 2-pack at No Frills yesterday was $3.99, ugh.

I did notice at my No Frills yesterday that they had most of the Naturally Imperfect Vegetables back in stock which is nice to see. Although I do see some have really jumped in price. The 15 lb bag of potatoes is now $5 but on the flip side, the 5lb bag of carrots is down to $2.50. The "good" news is since these are part of the No Name label the prices should remain the same until the end of January. Although it will be interesting to see if these products still go on sale still with the locked pricing. Right now Apples are $6 for a 6lb bag but I got 2 bags a few weeks ago on sale for $4.

Alright enough delaying, time to get going and get things done.

Happy Saturday

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

I had hoped to get a little more done but took a little nap on the couch this afternoon, oops.

The dishwasher was emptied and reloaded

The bathroom is clean except for the floor (Mom was still in bed so I did not want to run the vacuum right outside her room)

All of the stuff for the bathroom closet has been put away, removed a couple of bottles of expired meds

The pantry has been tidied except for the oil I just bought as I do not have a place for it on the shelves right now. Will have to see what I can move around to make them fit but my back was not feeling sitting on the floor well I moved around big bags of flour.

Cleaned out and reorganized the fridge, good news is we did not have a lot of food waste, some leftover glaze from the Ham and a couple of Roasted Cherry Tomatoes we did not use up and some orange juice that did not get drank. Did a quick little reorganization and the fridge is much better now.

Tonight's Dinner with Garlic Butter Chicken Bites with Mushroom Baked Rice and Roasted Asparagus.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Hubby and i went for a small road trip today ,Paris ,Ontario .It was so lovely walking around looking in all the shops ,did buy a few small toys for grandkids in a small local baby/toy store.I did look at a small thrift store where ladies tops were all 5.99 on an outdoor rack ,none in my size thou.

Decided not to spend more and eat in downtown (we are both a bit frugal sometimes) so stopped at Burger king and we both found their chicken sandwich to be a bit spicy from yrs ago ,mind you havent been to burger king in yrs .Y es i use to work at burger king before i was married and their chicken sandwich did not taste like this -my rant for the day .

Got home at 4.00 pm and my towels were all dry on the line ,so relaxed and read the local paper .My daughter just called sebastian was at santa,s village today -i think its in bracebridge.This is the conversation i got "nana i am friends with santa did you know" i sat on his knee ,then i saw him having a coffee later and he remembers me from last year ".lol

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Need to change my cooking plan for tomorrow.

I wanted to make something for lunches this week, something that was ready to go just reheat and eat. This past week with no leftovers, lunch was a struggle. Originally my plan was to make Lemon Orzo Chicken Soup with Homemade Bread but since it is supposed to be warmer this week, it isn't really soup weather. Now I am not sure what to make.

Not sure about breakfast either, I was going to make Berry Baked Oatmeal but I don't know now. I was going for warm comfort foods but now it is going to be warm to start the week.

I will be making a pot of Pasta Sauce tomorrow for the freezer. We have a number of full family packs of ground beef that did not get broken down so I took one out, plus I still have 2 large Costco Cans of Tomatoes to use up. But I will be using some of the sauce tomorrow to make Lasagna for dinner. I have been craving Lasagna.

I have been spending some time on Pinterest looking for new recipes, trying to get motivated to get back on track. I miss cooking and being in the kitchen but lately, it takes all I have just to get through my workday. But I have found some new quick and easy recipes I cannot wait to try. Plus I have found some new recipes to put a new spin on some staples we always have on hand.

Will see if I can come up with a new plan for food for the week.

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Did a little online shopping last night.

I have been looking for humidifiers for the bedrooms, it is something we talked about getting last year but finding them in stock at a good price was tricky. We both wake up so congested and dry and as winter comes it only gets worse.

I found one during Amazon Prime days I liked but when I went to order it, it was gone. Last night I found one with all my must-haves:
    Top Fill
    Can Turn the Lights off
    Easy to Clean
    No Filter
    Price Point around $40 each

I found one it was $79.99 but Amazon was offering a $36 coupon plus the seller was offering a 5% discount and I could combine the two discounts. I could only use one coupon so I ended up ordering one on my account and one on Mom's account but I got 2 humidifiers for $39.99 each.

Page 15 of 22 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast

Thread Information