User Tag List

Page 12 of 29 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 ... LastLast
Like Tree2057Likes

Thread: November 2022 Frugal Chatter (Brr...temps are falling!)

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Made my bed and then pulled and sorted the gifts bought for my niece and great niece that were on dresser and shoved in closet.
    Next I will pull the Christmas bin and add what is for them to the pile. My goal is to get the girls Christmas gifts wrapped this weekend

Then I need pull all the wine I have received over the past year and decide who I am regifting it to lol. It will be 2 years New Years eve since I have had a sip of wine. It just doesn't agree with me and I have no interest in trying it out again.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Dh is taking the kids to the library program and a friend of ours might join them. I’m staying home and getting as much marking done as I can. First up is 27 unit exams.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Well sleeping a tiny bit better ,that extra hour helps.So i had a virus last week which we thought was strep ,it wasnt so now since thursday it has turned into a cold and no i havent been around the girls .
    I was gonna go to walmart to get one toy and some advil,but my neighbour called me and told me it was a zoo,yes no thanks .

So i made an apple crumb dessert ,yumm just had a bowl.
    barbis9, lilo0003, cath007 and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Good earlier evening everyone!!!! <
    Spend the last 2 days in pyj....haha...
    Ugh I have a big cold and flu..no per chance it is not Covid but still annoying.I hope I will be ok for Monday and feeling better....
    Per chance we have lots and lots of kleenex ,that I paid a while ago I think this summer 1,50$ for 6 boxes + taxes.I am sure with the inflation prices now it was a deal!!! I have to search a deal for toilet paper tough...I did not realize until now that we are at our last rolls...grrr..I dont think I have coupons for toilet papers,... so sad..But I saw 15=30 double rolls Cashmere for 5,97$ at Super C,hope maxi and cie carry it for pm or I will have to find something else....So yes ,stuffy nose,a bit of fever,and sore troat are in the menu since Friday ,I was a holliday in a new school per chance,.What a drop of temperature and rainy those past 3 days,but that is more normal for november.

Laundry is done,took a big nap after tylenol and lozenges this afternoon ,this morning I binged 2 series I did not have the time to watch and finish before..
    So I need to make my grocery list for tomorrow..just to many things to think with school lunchs now...a few pming...I think it will be an expensive one sigh....

So for now on except the week end ...I wont be on Smart Canucks so much because of the lack of time..
    I have a 30 hours book to do this week end...I am not sure I will be ok with that with my cold and flu...grrr
    Last edited by cath007; Sat, Nov 12th, 2022 at 06:01 PM.
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Frugalbigmama View Post
    Made my bed and then pulled and sorted the gifts bought for my niece and great niece that were on dresser and shoved in closet.
    Next I will pull the Christmas bin and add what is for them to the pile. My goal is to get the girls Christmas gifts wrapped this weekend

Then I need pull all the wine I have received over the past year and decide who I am regifting it to lol. It will be 2 years New Years eve since I have had a sip of wine. It just doesn't agree with me and I have no interest in trying it out again.
    What about if the wines are used for cooking or baking? Would poached pears in red wine, with lemon zest and vanilla extract be something you'd eat? Bonus points if you are up to making chocolate sauce (I'm not keen on it) or making chocolate Jello pudding to put in the bowls with the pears!
    barbis9, cath007 and SassyAshley like this.
    "This is the Way." The Mandalorian

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by cath007 View Post
    Good earlier evening everyone!!!! <
    Spend the last 2 days in pyj....haha...
    Ugh I have a big cold and flu..no per chance it is not Covid but still annoying.I hope I will be ok for Monday and feeling better....
    Per chance we have lots and lots of kleenex ,that I paid a while ago I think this summer 1,50$ for 6 boxes + taxes.I am sure with the inflation prices now it was a deal!!! I have to search a deal for toilet paper tough...I did not realize until now that we are at our last rolls...grrr..I dont think I have coupons for toilet papers,... so sad..But I saw 15=30 double rolls Cashmere for 5,97$ at Super C,hope maxi and cie carry it for pm or I will have to find something else....So yes ,stuffy nose,a bit of fever,and sore troat are in the menu since Friday ,I was a holliday in a new school per chance,.What a drop of temperature and rainy those past 3 days,but that is more normal for november.

Laundry is done,took a big nap after tylenol and lozenges this afternoon ,this morning I binged 2 series I did not have the time to watch and finish before..
    So I need to make my grocery list for tomorrow..just to many things to think with school lunchs now...a few pming...I think it will be an expensive one sigh....

So for now on except the week end ...I wont be on Smart Canucks so much because of the lack of time..
    I have a 30 hours book to do this week end...I am not sure I will be ok with that with my cold and flu...grrr
    Duty calls you to work on that book and with lots of tea or hot water with lemon and small meals, you will somehow make it through! Hope Pere is over his flu by now-maybe he can see if Pharmaprix has bathroom tissue on weekend sale (Cottonelle 6 mega rolls=24, $5.99 Sat & Sun, limit 4).
    Last edited by Ciel21; Sat, Nov 12th, 2022 at 09:09 PM.
    barbis9, lilo0003, cath007 and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Nothing like seeing blue-gray snow/precipitation clouds in the morning sky to put some hustle into plans to go to Walmart (out of my desired Band-Aids; noticed store really did get rid of Boost products (none seen) and Hello Bello products-I looked in two areas for each product line. last Simply+ Boost must have been bought) and Lowes (more yard bags but only used one as leaves are wet; don't want to run out of bags with less content due to the dampness). Ran mower dry (had less than half tank left of gas) over another area with more leaves that dropped off. Will hope for drier day next week to bag two piles that I want gone this month through curbside collection. Have to ensure I am using hand cream through each day.

Had two chai lattes, a beer with veggie chili, baby cereal, and lots of salted crackers (Bro got the Costco deal) with raspberry jam today. Plus a two-egg omelet, apple and two clementines. Have a strong urge for chocolate tonight. Will see how road conditions are tomorrow before I take a stroll to three stores.

I should see if there's a way I can make scalloped potatoes while Bro still has table cream in the fridge. The scallop potatoes in Knorr packages are never enough and I am not keen on the meat and potato moussaka Mom likes to make but tastes kind of dry. I want creamy scalloped potatoes, for a change from reliable Greek style roasted potatoes.

My copy of Food & Drink is going to be clipped and cut and pasted into some kind of collage. Have to see which recipes might see a turn in the kitchen before I recycle the rest of the magazine.

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

It too more stops than I wanted but I feel like I score some deals today, my favourite yogurt is on buy one get one free at metro so I bought for and had 1.00 off coupons. I also found some short dated chicken on clearance and it’s boneless skinless thighs which DS1 likes for butter chicken so picked that up. I also found some coupons I can use when I was at No Frills, then to torture myself I went to Costco. What a madhouse. I really need to get back to popping out at lunch because I live 5 minutes away from it.
    I finally reached the cash out threshold on Elipsia, I have been using it for about 8 months so not to bad and it all adds up.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

[QUOTE=Ciel21;7220198]What about if the wines are used for cooking or baking? Would poached pears in red wine, with lemon zest and vanilla extract be something you'd eat? Bonus points if you are up to making chocolate sauce (I'm not keen on it) or making chocolate Jello pudding to put in the bowls with the pears![/QUOTE

Thanks for the ideas but we wouldn't eat anything like that. I have never been one to like booze filled chocolates or desserts lol

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Morning Everyone,
    Slept in this morning, feeling a bit better, but still so tired and not sure why; I am sleeping.

Did not get a lot done yesterday, for some reason, my back was not happy yesterday. So, it is a good thing I did not tackle the freezer, I do not think my back would have made it.

I did get some crocheting done. I started a new scarf and Mom asked me to make a cover for one of her pillows, the fabric is wearing out so I started that as well.

Last night we had eggroll in a bowl for dinner. It was the perfect dish to use up some veggies, I used up the open package of mushrooms, the chopped-up celery and grated carrots. I also used some of the cut-up Napa, there was too much for the stir fry so we still have some left. Thinking it will become a coleslaw.

Tonight's dinner is a mystery. No idea what I feel like.

I was going to make Fajita Bake to use up some more mushrooms and some of the peppers but we already have quite a few leftovers in the fridge and worried if I make the fajita bake, everything won't get eaten.

Working on some Breakfast stuff right now. I pulled a half-pack of Bacon from the freezer yesterday, with the price of Bacon we have been cutting the packs in half. For just the two of us we really only need half a pack at a time. I cooked up the half package of bacon this morning that can be used for Bagels for Breakfast and I am thinking Clubhouse Sandwiches one night for dinner.

I had some Bananas that were past their prime so they have now become Banana Muffins which are in the oven now.

Happy Sunday.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Happy Sunday!

I really wanted to go visit my sister today but with the pending snow I think it's best to stay in my area. She said the roads have freezing rain so not worth it to me.

Dropped DS off at work and now just enjoying coffee. Will gather the laundry and put a load in the washer and then hang it up to dry.
    Then will have a shower and go to the gym for a bit and then go to the bank/Walmart(return a toy) and No Frills.
    Once back home I can figure out my plan.
    Will make a nice dinner tonight but will wait to see what I find on my travels. If nothing then thinking a nice Shrimp/Chicken pasta will be dinner.
    Last edited by Frugalbigmama; Sun, Nov 13th, 2022 at 10:00 AM.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Morning was up at 5.30 ,so a little better .I had breakfast for dinner last night ,dont feel like eating huge or big meals.
    Not as congested as i used a steam oil with a towel over my head for a few minutes .

Hubby wants takeout tonight,fortinos hot foods so that may be it as he has to fast for bloodwork on monday .
    barbis9, lilo0003, cath007 and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

I am starting to feel a little freaked out as I have nothing bought for Christmas. It’s easier because we don’t exchange with the family so it only my Hubble and kids. There is not much they want, just like their mom. I may start decorating with the accessories this week and I am doing my 1st batch of baking because I am taking stuff to my brothers and then he can freeze it until Christmas.
    dinner today is roast chicken. My father-in-law is coming for Sunday dinners now and so we are back to planning.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

lilo -i am feeling like you so behind with xmas (due to being sick with covid end of sept and lately ,i dont think i will give my grown kids a huge house gift this yr (money instead )and the grandkids will get money towards a online switch game and a few toys.

I will be putting up my dear moms xmas tree has been in the family for yrs (my grown kids make fun of me for this -lol know what it is sentimental and i dont care to spend $100-200 on a new artificial tree .

I will think twice about giving gift cards since mine was scammed and i had to wait 3 months for the e-certificate due to investigation ,everybody out there please keep your receipt if i didnt take the receipt off my daughter's table when she gave us the giftcard -i wouldnt have gotten the e-certificate.
    Last edited by coupon girl; Sun, Nov 13th, 2022 at 11:56 AM.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Our family has decided no presents this year. On Dad's side if you want to do something, bring something for the meal, we do appetizers, the meal and desserts, I am bringing desserts. On Mom's side, it is just me and Mom this year as Bro and his Fiancee are going away for Christmas, so no big plans. But Bro and I will split the cost to get Mom a new laptop, that will be the only gift this year.

I will be making some treats for work. I am making little crochet baskets that I will fill with Cookies.

Took a family package of Ground Beef out of the freezer to turn into Taco Meat. Trying to get some of the big and bulky items out of the freezer, these family packs of Ground Beef don't really in the beef bin and take up a lot of room.

One night this week, I want to make Mini Baked Tacos but I know that won't be enough for a meal, normally I would make a Salad but I did not get any lettuce. So, I went on Pinterest to see if I could find some other options for a side dish, I found Mexican Sweet Potatoes which is perfect as I just got a great deal on Sweet Potatoes. Plus I think I will make a corn dish (found a few I like, need to pick one) as we buy the Costco bags of corn when they are on sale.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Page 12 of 29 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 ... LastLast

Thread Information