User Tag List

Page 13 of 29 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 23 ... LastLast
Like Tree2057Likes

Thread: November 2022 Frugal Chatter (Brr...temps are falling!)

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Decided on dinner. Pork tacos!!!! I had to wait in line at Walmart so read a magazine and that was the meal that inspired me.
    Stopped at SDM on the way home to buy the bag of coleslaw for $1.99 and I have everything else at home for it. (the pork is even cut up in chunks in the freezer ) I am so looking forward to this meal. I just made an egg on an English muffin for lunch. Simple. Save my calories for dinner

Took a bag of perogies out of the freezer. Making the entire bag because DS loves them so they will be gone by the morning.

Cheese deal- No Frills has Armstrong shreds and bars on for $4.49. There are printable coupons as well as $1.00 Shreds in No Frills.
    We have a good assortment of cheese but they did have some with April expiry so I may pop in there before the sale is up and stock us up.
    Giseledta, cath007 and Ciel21 like this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I was reading the Celebrity (aka gossip magazines) on the library site last night and came across Tex-Mex roast potatoes in the latest New Idea issue. Sounds great but...don't have everything. Bro has some shredded tex-mex cheese.

This morning-the leaden skies could not coax me out. Enjoyed chai latte and some other random stuff. Made 3-egg omelet with some spices (used up the lingering black pepper packets from takeout that have been sitting for weeks) and cheese and had sliced pickles too for lunch. Decided to use the scant cup of arborio rice for a pot of rice pudding (i needed to know something sweet was in the house given that no one has any milk chocolate in the house). Then I headed out -except when I got near my bank's plaza, the traffic lights at the intersection and the plaza lights were all out. At least Fortinos was bright and bustling-got my shopping done there and picked up a glossy PC Insider's Report issue. Took two coupons-$1 off Cracker Barrel Cheese (expires early Jan 2023) and the Danone Two Good one. Still no diet PC cola mini-cans on shelf. Time to do a survey and comment about that. I'll marvel if there's stock in the back...store was hopping and I did not seek a staff member.

Must admit the powder snow drills (about 5 min spurts when snow falls) looks like icing sugar being sifted over the area-so grateful that raking/mulching is done more or less. Nothing is sticking to the ground for long (snow)and no icing issues were noticed on the sidewalks when I was walking. Just that I take much longer to walk and I'm noticing the cold. Decided to use hood rather than wool hat as my coat heats me up really fast while walking--did not want to feel overheated by time I got to the plazas. There are leaf piles near sidewalks that certain owners need to hustle on before someone trips or slips on them.

Comments about Christmas-I have a mild urge to want to be looking around stores for gifts but decorwise, the nutcrackers are not coming out of boxes just yet. I have the two "trees" from folded gift catalogues on tables. Wouldn't mind a few mini ornaments for the bookcase or a blingy photo frame. My eyes are definitely taking notice of the big boxes of chocolates near checkouts and holiday boxes of treats in stores. Packaging is half the battle for one's money!
    "This is the Way." The Mandalorian

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

The Bay-today only in-store or online: 60% off Christmas trees & Decor. Wow, that reads like a Boxing Day special!

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

@Ciel21 , I have heard a lot of stores are already offering 60% off or a lot of Christmas stuff at Costco is marked down and on Clearance (The astricts of death as some put it on the Costco Facebook pages) because it is last year's inventory that did not arrive in time. So now they have last year's inventory they did not get in time to sell last year (it was in containers on the water that could not come to port) plus this year's inventory so they are overloaded.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Angela273 View Post
    I arrived home yesterday and don’t drive back until Monday. This is the longest I’ve been home since August. I intentionally today off from work, but my brain still drifts back to difficulties I’ve encountered with some of the courses I’m teaching.

I took the kids shopping with me while Dh was at work. We picked up a few deals at NF.
    2x $2.99 Hersheys butterscotch Chipits - 2x $0.75 CO51
    5x $4.99 Royale pt - 5x $2 CO51
    its so challenging working out of town when your family is young.
    I travelled a lot for work once my kids started school, before that it was impossible.
    Scheduling it all is an art and I rarely had a minute to myself, however you do what is necessary to keep afloat. I stayed in hotels that had good gyms and pools because exercise was vital to stay healthy and sleep well. When I got home there wasn’t much time to sleep because I was in demand😎
    I know it’s sometimes an after thought but take good care of you because burning out when your family is young just can’t happen ❤️

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

I decided I would make our Mexican feast tonight because I wasn't craving anything for dinner and was already making the Taco Meat.

I made Baked Tacos using the Mini Tortillas I got 50% off from No Frills. I stuffed them with Cheddar Cheese, Taco Meat that I added Sauteed Mushrooms, Onions and Yellow Peppers.

I made the Mexican Sweet Potatoes, these were good, I would make these again. I like Sweet Potatoes but I am that odd person that does not like my Sweet Potatoes Sweet, I prefer a savoury Sweet Potato so this was perfect.

Lastly, I made Mexican Corn Salad but I tweaked it a little bit. The original recipe had Jalapenos, I subbed Yellow Pepper and the peppers and red onion are supposed to be raw but I cooked them with the corn. Then I served it slightly warm/room temp vs cold. It was good but I did add a little too much lime juice, I prefer it when recipes give a measurement vs juice of one lime.

Well, I made dinner Mom made Pizza Pockets for the freezer. We had some leftover Pepperoni and Pizza Sauce in the fridge. Mom put a batch of dough in the dough machine and then made 12 pizza pockets. We set up a little folding table I have so she could work well I made dinner.

I did all the dishes as we were working so the kitchen is clean which is good as we literally used every frying pan we own and about half of our prep bowls. Will put the dishes away in the morning as they can air dry, I hate drying dishes.

After Mom has her nightly cup of tea she will turn on the dishwasher which will get emptied tomorrow as I will be asleep before it is done.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Have a good week...

I dont feel better but ready or not no choice another week begins

I am on lack of time with everything because I am sick..what a pain
    Last edited by cath007; Sun, Nov 13th, 2022 at 11:21 PM.
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

I have 2 receipts waiting approval on CO51 and I am on 19,25$ accumulated..that is frustrating because I want to cash out...so long to processing,hope to get it

I feel I have to ''work'' to get as much as I want for my money when it come to grocery..grr

3 pack of romaine lettuce was 8,99$ ..ugh..not paying that....1 pack 3,00$ so crazy
    iceberg lettuce 3,99$ so I passed and bought veggies instead.

pc optimun offers for cereal...none since a while..grr..so I worked something else..not as good..
    Last edited by cath007; Sun, Nov 13th, 2022 at 11:32 PM.
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

cath-i have a cold also with a cough and last night i tried this tip i read i put a plate of onions cut up beside my bed on the floor and this morning i can breath better not as congested of course i heard you can drink onion water(no thanks ).They last for 2 days then need fresh onions again as they take the toxins away or so i heard.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Good Morning!

So it has started! We have snow! I went out and shoveled this morning since its like a free little work out. I love doing it at the start of the season... then the novelty goes away lol

Breakfast is an egg on an WW English muffin. (bought at 50% off yesterday) Whatever is left at the end of the day will go in the freezer.

I have a busy work day so I better get at it. Have a wonderful day everyone!

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Morning Everyone,
    Slept in this morning, good thing it is a work-from-home day so my commute is 15 seconds down the stairs.

Although I have been sleeping, I have been waking up super tired, so I am not getting restful sleep. Last night I took a melatonin to see if that would at all help, it left me a little groggy this morning, but I do feel more rested.

This morning has been insane, by 9:30 I felt like I had already put in a full day of work.

Just finishing up my breakfast, so good, everything bagel with cheddar, bacon and tomato, yum. Then I will take a few minutes and write this week's to-do list for work. I want to be focused and see what I need to get done before year-end.

Thinking during lunch, I will work on the house to-do list. I have been keeping up with the day-to-day stuff but need to start tackling some of the bigger projects and some of the stuff I keep putting off.

Happy Monday

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Feeling like the tail end of my cold ,so went with hubby when he got bloodwork and i took my daughters clothing to style encore $8.10 for her and i found nothing for me.

Still had a few minutes to kill so went into metro spent 37.00 got 21 airmiles ,noticed all the coupon pads ripped off found a few thou .
    Skippy, barbis9, cath007 and 2 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

My crazy work day is feeling a little calmer now! Finished my rush today. Now I can deal with emails.

It is nice and bright outside.
    cath007, SassyAshley and Ciel21 like this.

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Ugh, it is officially a Monday, today has been insane.

I did manage to get all the clean dishes put away and empty the dishwasher. I reloaded the dishwasher and washed the few hand dishes we had.

I wanted to get more done but keeping up with work has been a challenge today. I think my projects for this week will be Mom's and My rooms. I need to find a place to set up my humidifier and in Mom's room, we still need to take out her AC unit, set up her new fan, and her humidifier.

Even though I had breakfast and lunch today, kind of rare for me some days to get three meals in, I need to get better at that. But I was a little hungry this afternoon so for a snack, I reheated some of the leftover Mexican food from last night. The sweet potatoes were good but today I thinned out a little of the crema from the corn and drizzled it on the sweet potatoes with some feta, oh my so good. That is how I will serve them next time.

Now, I need to figure out dinner for tonight.
    barbis9, cath007 and Ciel21 like this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

CAA South Central Ontario members-just spotted this on the CAA Store site (I am looking around the website today):
    3-day Flash Sale

Nov. 12-14
    Extra 15%* off all

winter accessories.
    I was looking at which stores your CAA memberships score you CAA Dollars and it seems most Stores offer the $ if you shop their e-stores from the membership Shop Now links.
    Not all stores offer CAA $ if you shop in-store- a few do (in-store & online) or only in-store.
    Skippy, barbis9, cath007 and 1 others like this.

Page 13 of 29 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 23 ... LastLast

Thread Information