User Tag List

Page 19 of 29 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19 20 21 ... LastLast
Like Tree2057Likes

Thread: November 2022 Frugal Chatter (Brr...temps are falling!)

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

I am so deceived that since forever my Maxi and cie dont pm provigo member price...only pm..final
    And since Maxi and cie is the same compagny owner that Provigo and Loblaws chains stores...I would have expected to have the same deals like the shrimps and points....Never Maxi and cie have member price plus points..and rarely member price..my little rant I guess..

It is time to start checking what FPCS or coupons that expire in December 2022 you want to pass and find good deals for. I will check my FPCS and coupons when I will have time.I think I have 5 various fpcs in December 2022..Tostitos,Lays and 2 So Delicious

I forget to check if Maxi and cie or IGA have sparkling juice deals..I am down to 2 bottles I think..I want some for hollidays Christmas.If I remember..lol

Grr the door lock is difficult to open..we say it to the organism owners and they do nothing..maybe recall..mmm.....It is the back door we are using a lot to go outside on the balcony....more dad than me

Grrr....I saw a fb pub announcement that econonic store is now closed due to I dont know what...I think bankruptcy

So sad and deceived,...they where good deal on various breads and desserts... and with increase price of life we need that kind of store..

Alright I will have 2 exams that I have obligation to have 80% and more marks before Christmas so off to work in my books.
    Last edited by cath007; Sat, Nov 19th, 2022 at 04:57 PM.
    harbie, barbis9, lilo0003 and 1 others like this.
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Dinner was Chinese Dumplings with One-Pot Teriyaki Noodles. The One-Pot noodles were good, I reduced the sugar in the recipe by half and I needed to add a bit more water to get the noodles to cook but that might be the noodles. I tried Sobey's Compliments Noodles and I won't buy them again, they do not cook up the same as other noodles.

I found one of those comforter bags in our guest room and decided it was perfect. I put all of the parts for the AC unit for the main floor in it and will take them down and store them in the basement.

Cleaned up the kitchen, the norm, emptied the dishwasher, reloaded, and did the hand dishes, just in time to make dinner and more dishes. Dishes are never done.

We finished the new season of Dead to Me which was the last season finished it in 2 days. Watched most of it last night and the last episode today. Needed a new show to watch and decided to try Orange is the New Black, I know we are a little behind. It is different but so far we are enjoying it which is good. Finding a show Mom likes can be a little tricky and if she likes this show there are 7 seasons. Me, I just need a true crime show and I am set.

Gotta wash up the few hand dishes from Dinner than it is time to relax and crochet.
    harbie, barbis9, lilo0003 and 2 others like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by SassyAshley View Post
    Dinner was Chinese Dumplings with One-Pot Teriyaki Noodles. The One-Pot noodles were good, I reduced the sugar in the recipe by half and I needed to add a bit more water to get the noodles to cook but that might be the noodles. I tried Sobey's Compliments Noodles and I won't buy them again, they do not cook up the same as other noodles.

I found one of those comforter bags in our guest room and decided it was perfect. I put all of the parts for the AC unit for the main floor in it and will take them down and store them in the basement.

Cleaned up the kitchen, the norm, emptied the dishwasher, reloaded, and did the hand dishes, just in time to make dinner and more dishes. Dishes are never done.

We finished the new season of Dead to Me which was the last season finished it in 2 days. Watched most of it last night and the last episode today. Needed a new show to watch and decided to try Orange is the New Black, I know we are a little behind. It is different but so far we are enjoying it which is good. Finding a show Mom likes can be a little tricky and if she likes this show there are 7 seasons. Me, I just need a true crime show and I am set.

Gotta wash up the few hand dishes from Dinner than it is time to relax and crochet.
    It took me a bit to get into OITNB but once I got through a few episodes I was hooked and it was all I wanted to do when I got home! It does really cross the line down the road so be prepared....Mom may not like it!!!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Dinner tonight is steak fahitas. Oh yum!

Going away for the night tomorrow evening so in the morning I will make DS Shrimp fried rice with lots of veggies. He will get his free meal at work and then that will be ready in the fridge for him to heat and eat.
    harbie, walkonby, cath007 and 3 others like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

hi all!
    interesting week last week. hopefully the strike will not happen next week. really would like a nice slow week.

any hoo.. did a bunch of running around today. did a rather expensive micheals trip. however , i am also , hopefully well stocked in yarn for the winter. no promises.

i need to spend a hour and organize a few things in the dc tomorrow. also starting to decoratate outside. and menu plan

have fun all
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Good morning all

No happy with a lot of the prices in the store right now. Wanted some strawberries and saw it was $9.99 for a pound and it did not look that great . I am wondering how families are budgeting some of these items weekly.
    Giseledta, harbie, barbis9 and 4 others like this.

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Morning,
    When I got up this morning it was a complete blizzard, pretty much a whiteout, I could not see the houses the other houses. But now, it is bright and sunny, don't think we are done with the snow but a girl can dream. Will need to shovel and dig the cars out, ugh, I forgot to get my snow brushes out of my trunk. They detailed my car after the accident and put everything from my backseat in my trunk and me being me, never moved it back, to the backseat.

I have a ton of stuff I should be working on but honestly, I just want to curl up on the couch and crochet the day away.

Need to figure out dinner, thinking maybe Meatloaf with Mashed Potatoes and Squash.

I have really been focusing on Dinners and trying to get back on track, not to say we do not have nights where it is what can we make quick but those nights are being fewer and fewer which is nice. Plus I do love my time in the kitchen, being in the kitchen for me is relaxing, I love chopping and stirring.

Kind of hoping they come and plow and clear the sidewalks soon so I can go out and do what I need to do, clear the steps, clean the cars, need to take the garbage out. But, I have a feeling they will wait since it is Sunday and try to only come once tonight, ugh.

Happy Sunday
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Good Snowy Morning!

Driveway/cleared. Kitchen is clean.

Have a wonderful day!
    Giseledta, harbie, cath007 and 3 others like this.

Trading Score
    203 (100%)

Good morning. I feel so bad for all you that have to shovel your way out . I guess a plus of living on the WETcoast is we really don’t get snow, at least not like our East.

It’s a beautiful start to the day here. Cold but sunny. Hope Dh and I will get to pickle ball this afternoon.

Not much planned except a trip to the bank to make some deposits, a bit of laundry and trying to make a loose meal plan via what’s in the pantry. I’m really trying to not shop with the exception of the odd veg I might need but that’s it. Like everyone else I’m having a hard time with the sticker price of things. I nearly passed out when I saw 3pk of romaine for $8.99! ( and they didn’t look very fresh and we’re tiny!.

Have a great Sunday everyone

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by coupon girl View Post
    I went to pickup my xmas toy at indigo i bought yesterday ,looked around in store for anything that was a deal -nope.Then i came home was hoping to run into dollarama but i had stomach cramps,the joys of aging .lol
    The kids/baby sale/clearance racks are tucked in a far corner of my local store's children's dept. Usually it sits right outside the door entrance in the main store.
    I missed a chance to look at the new housewares and books in the middle section but there was a long lineup for cash so I kept walking past everything. Never did go over to the clothing part of the store-sometimes there are deals to be had, but sizes are tricky (large is long gone).
    However, what was on clearance in the bookcase opposite magazines-mostly fuzzy things and cocktail/serveware things; since I was looking for under $10 impulse buy after failing to find a local magazine on the racks.
    Giseledta, harbie, barbis9 and 3 others like this.
    "This is the Way." The Mandalorian

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by flemeth View Post
    Good morning all

No happy with a lot of the prices in the store right now. Wanted some strawberries and saw it was $9.99 for a pound and it did not look that great . I am wondering how families are budgeting some of these items weekly.
    PC Frozen fruit is the way to go. $4.99 or $3.99 if lucky enough to get such a price on sale.
    Giseledta, harbie, barbis9 and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

A local restaurant is keeping Caesar salad on the menu but with a $2 surcharge due to the pricing hikes of romaine. Owner felt customers should still be able to have salad, as long as they are willing to pay higher price. He did not want to take the salad off the menu.

We got about 3-4cm of fluffy snow. Base is wet. Just spent a few minutes outside clearing walks, looking for fallen branches and putting garbage into the shed. Ms Sunshine is actually quite warm when standing in her glow but Mr. Wind is in an icy fast mood! I had olives, Gerber cereal and tea for quick breakfast, watched some Youtube, then put the oven on and prepped potatoes to roast with smoked paprika and garlic. Warm house and better aroma! I actually turned down day 2 of tacos (I had cleaned up after Bro made them yesterday but he left the counter messy again today-his duty now) because I had eaten potatoes.

That strange thump/thud I heard before 3:30am yesterday morning-Twitterverse said an asteroid was passing through out part of Ontario. Some users had door camera videos posted. Weather Network has one of the videos on its site. Quite a sound-maker, that 1m piece of space stuff!

Will wait for tomorrow to venture out to plazas-high of 3C expected. The 5 and 6C forecasts have skipped down the week to Wed/Thurs. Just glad I got leaves bagged as I am seeing some stray leaves drift around on the snow and getting underfoot.

Feel like making more paper chains with my second cup of tea at hand. Brain is craving pop and chocolate--hard to ignore that chant except I have neither item in the cupboards.

If you have Monopoly game stickers with food prizes for McDonald's, you have today and 10 days left to claim. Also, there's a limit to how many Monopoly codes you can enter daily, so don't miss out on the property claims and tiers of codes (Community Chest) you can rack up! That game website will be closed after Nov.30.

Check your coupons to single out the November expiries. Some don't end on Nov. 30-could be an early expiry!
    Giseledta, harbie, barbis9 and 3 others like this.

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

We totally shocked the heck out of my brother. He lives out in the country and it was dark when we pulled up so he was like who the heck is here. It’s snowing here and tonight dinner is lobster and steak. Lobster is so cheap and fresh out here. We fly home late Monday night.
    Giseledta, harbie, barbis9 and 6 others like this.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Did not get as much crochet done today as I had hoped but that is because I actually got things done.

In between squalls this morning I went out just to shovel the steps. But decided since Mom is getting her snow tires tomorrow, I better dig her car out too. Then I decided if I was going to dig out her car I might as well dig mine out as well. The cars were not perfect, but another squall rolled in so I knew they would have to be done again anyway.

Came in and had some leftover Baked Potato Soup and more rolls.

Then we cleaned out the fridge and I took out the garbage. A little more food waste this week, grrr. A lot of little bits of leftovers that were not enough for a meal. Need to be more careful next week with leftovers.

When I went out the stairs needed to be shovelled again.

The snow has stopped for now but the sky looks like more might be coming.

Dinner is in the oven, went with the Meatloaf, Mashed Potatoes and Candied Acorn Squash, might make gravy, not sure yet.

Now it is time to relax, crochet and binge-watch before a new week starts. I feel like it might be a busy week.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Chocolate-covered soft cookies with raspberry filling-my carb treat of the afternoon. I know I'll pay dearly for all that eating soon! Need a cup of tea.

I've been playing the AddJoy contest daily without success at winning a $50 grocery gift card. There's a speck of hope in me expecting a "YOU WON" kind of message to light up the computer screen.

Wanting the snow to melt in the morning when Ms Sunshine arrives. Bro actually asked me if I cleared off the snow on his vehicle. Um, he's off tomorrow so he can fit that into his *busy* schedule. He keeps getting random days or weeks off due to whatever is going on at work. I may suggest he spend a couple of hours shredding paper.
    harbie, barbis9, cath007 and 2 others like this.

Page 19 of 29 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19 20 21 ... LastLast

Thread Information