User Tag List

Page 20 of 29 FirstFirst ... 10 18 19 20 21 22 ... LastLast
Like Tree2057Likes

Thread: November 2022 Frugal Chatter (Brr...temps are falling!)

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Just got in from cara's 5th birthday ,it was at her gymnastics club with a few of her close friends and cousins.Boy she got a lot of elsa toys and barbie and she loved the purse i got her that rolls it eyes ,along with a barbie helicopter and a few other toys .I do buy yr round and take advantage of clearance and masterminds 20 % grandparent day.

My dear daughter and sebastian didnt come as my daughter called and she has covid for a second time ,took the test this morning .She told me she doesnt feel as bad as the first time she had it last dec.This is the life we live now even us going out to cara,s small party ,any gathering can result in covid .I felt bad for sebastian as he was crying as he was missing his little cousins birthday .
    barbis9, walkonby, cath007 and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    203 (100%)

Didn’t get a chance to pickle ball but we did a 5km walk in the sunshine which was nice. Went to the bank and deposited my cheques from the insurance and work.

Got a 10lb bag of Russet potatoes at Independent for $4.99 plus 1000 SDM in store bonus points.

Scored a great deal at SDM today.

I got those perfume sample collections for $95

- $95 X 45 base SDM points using the elite pc mc
    - 4,275 X 20 wub $75= 85,000
    - 20,000 in store bonus points
    =$105,000 SDM points (those eared by the pc elite card get credited in 3-5 business days)

I got one for me and one for Dh so spent $212.80 total and will end up with 211,000 back in points.

Now time to curl up on the couch with Dh and mindlessly watch some tv (yes, I know it’s only 4:30
    )
    Came home and made vegan burritos with rice, beans, roasted sweet potatoes, onions, sliced tofu. So good , filling and using up all stuff I had in the fridge/pantry.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

i am making choices. strawberries at that price are not getting bought. i am making interesting produce choices. my dc kids ususally have a lot of fresh fruit. i am taking this as a oppertunity to explore new fruits....

Quote Originally Posted by flemeth View Post
    Good morning all

No happy with a lot of the prices in the store right now. Wanted some strawberries and saw it was $9.99 for a pound and it did not look that great . I am wondering how families are budgeting some of these items weekly.
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

i got so little done today. so little, . but it felt good. i am ready forthe week. and all my yarn is so sorted and i started a new project. lol
    harbie, barbis9, cath007 and 3 others like this.
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

With the prices right now, I am happy I have stocked up on frozen Fruits and Veggies, they get us through the weeks when the sales are not good for fresh produce.

Although the prices have gone up, I still find frozen fruit at Costco to be one of the best deals.

But, and maybe it is just me, but it seems like Costco is not putting their grocery items on sale. I just looked at their new weekly flyer and I realize it is their Black Friday sale but there is no one grocery item in the flyer. I feel like when I am looking at the hidden sales it is more and more clothing and household items, and fewer grocery items. With that being said, there are still a lot of grocery items that even not on sale the prices are better than buying in stores. Inflation has hit Costco but it does not seem as bad on some items. I still have my Costco go-tos.

Shopping is not a challenge. I was actually a little sad last night week looking at the flyers. Just to see what the new "normal" prices are and even some of the new sale prices. It is hard not to look at some items and think wow the old everyday price used to be X and now I am buying it on sale for Y. I honestly, do not know how people do not shop the sales and just go and buy what they need.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

sassy -i feel the same way ,dont know how others do it .

I was gonna go to talize today for 50% off but decided againest it ,so many people sick lately even if i wore a mask it can get pretty crowded.I do need more clothing ,but it can wait .

My dear daughter sounds so sick ,she is taking a sick day today ,sebastian had a high fever yesterday so he most likely has covid again (i wish she was in the same city as me i would take her home made soup etc)Her ex picked up a few groceries and cough lozenges for her and dropped them off wearing a PPE.

I will go out to a local bakery ,meat and small grocery store for now and then get home anbd do laundry and start a xmas puzzle ,yes that will get me in the spirit.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Chilly day but sunny! Will get those yard bags to the curb! Trying to figure out what I can do today. Breakfast has been eaten; need a tea!

I heard some of the wind earlier today. I know Mr. Wind is going to be stronger today. Still want to take a walk because I haven't been out since last weekend and I'm getting antsy.

Noticed that most of the Mango womenswear at the Bay is 30% off or has deeper discounts or on sale/clearance. The Mango store at the Toronto Eaton Centre is still not showing on the store list but I assume the chain will get that store open for the holiday shopping season sooner rather than later.

Since the Toronto Argos won yesterday's Grey Cup, the event will return to Toronto for 2023, right?
    harbie, barbis9, cath007 and 2 others like this.
    "This is the Way." The Mandalorian

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Are there current deals on 3M Magic Transparent tape (wide or narrow widths)? I ran out of my last roll during the second paper chain assembly last night. Used reinforcements to finish that paper chain.
    harbie, barbis9, cath007 and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Morning Everyone,
    Woke up not feeling my best today, I woke up in the middle of the night, and I did not feel sick but felt well weird and could not get back to sleep. So, I am thinking it is a lack of sleep.

Did a few work things and then I took a break and went out and shovelled our stairs and cleaned off both cars. So happy I did it once yesterday as it made it a little easier today. It is windy here today which I hate because the snow kept blowing back at me, ugh, but it is done.

Was talking to a coworker this morning, there is a big bend like 3 minutes from my house, and once you go around the big bend there is no snow. So basically one block over, I would not be cleaning off the cars.

Need to figure out dinner for tonight, don't really have any cravings which always makes figuring out dinner a little more tricky.

With that being said, I am trying to use up some of the oddities or overstocked items in my freezer. It is all stuff we will eat but I need to get it back in line with our eating habits. I am overrun with nuts which we eat but obviously, we bought more when we did not need more. That is space I could be using for chicken which is probably 90% to 95% of meals.

We still need to defrost our stand-up freezer, Mom wanted to do it yesterday but I said no. My hips were not happy after I shovelled and cleaned off the cars yesterday and they are getting better so I did not want to push it, Mom was in a lot of pain yesterday so I did not see it going well. It will be my goal for next weekend to defrost the freezer.

Happy Monday
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Staples' Black Friday flyer to Nov. 24. Wow, two laptops with Windows 11 for under $250! Lenovo Ideapad 1 laptop* 15.6 is $239.99 (how is that possible? I paid $249.99 in March 2020 at Shoppers during a weekend sale for the Windows 10 version with same size) and Asus laptop with Windows 11.

Spotted a Scotch Gift Wrap tape offer-30% off. Single roll is $3.14; another offer for 3pk.

*there's a catch with this model-it's set on Windows 11 S-mode so only Microsoft apps from its store can be used. To use non MS apps, one has to switch laptop to Windows 11 Home 64bit mode. Read the review https://www.staples.ca/products/3032...earchContainer
    Last edited by Ciel21; Mon, Nov 21st, 2022 at 12:18 PM.

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Mom got her winter tires on, yippee, and both cars are good to go.

Did our grocery shopping. Mom was close to Freshco getting her tires done. From Freshco we got:
    4 x Mushrooms $1 with Scene Card
    1 x Grapes $1.49/lb
    2 x Green Onions $1.49
    2 x Hoisin Sauce 2/$5
    4 x Mushroom Soup $0.67

Locally I went to No Frills and Sobey, from No Frills I got:
    1 x Clementines $3.99
    1 x Naturally Imperfect Carrots 5lb $3
    1 x Orange Juice $2.99
    2 x Peameal $1.99/lb
    4 x No Name Sour Cream $2

Sobeys, I got:
    4 x Hunts Thick & Rick $0.99
    2 x Hunts Tomato Sauce $0.99
    4 x Apple Sauce $1.99 with scene card

A few fresh things and some pantry staples. Happy to see the Pasta Sauce for $0.99 and they had it, I was worried last time they only had the tomato sauce which we use as a base for our homemade pizza sauce but did not have any of the Thick and Rich. Apple Sauce will be used for baking.

If I end up close to RCSS, might run in for a couple of things but if I do not make it, I am good. Will depend on my schedule for the rest of the week which I have not finalized.

Dinner is Chicken Wings for Mom and I will make BBQ Chicken Ceasar Wraps with Roasted Potatoes for both of us.

My No Frills did have lettuce again, Romaine 2-packs were $5.49 and Iceberg was $4.49. I looked at the packaged Salads just to see what they had, we only buy the Kale Salad Mix from Costco normally, and they were pretty sad looking. Most of the bags looked like the lettuce was already going bad.

I do miss salads but for the time being, will rely on what we find on sale and frozen as our veggies options.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

6:15pm and I am ready for bed. I am so tired! But I know I can't go to sleep now or I will be up at 2am.
    Had to get up and moving to keep awake.

I have a million things I want to get done tomorrow. The good thing is DS has to be at school for 8am so I will get dressed before then and start my day early.
    Last edited by Frugalbigmama; Mon, Nov 21st, 2022 at 06:17 PM.
    harbie, walkonby, cath007 and 3 others like this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

You have a point @Frugalbigmama about going to bed early might make for early rising. Had that happen on the weekend, brain was happy being online until 1:30am (I had napped a couple of hours during afternoon). Messes with sleep cycle. I try to not always stay up as long as I like-with a view to make bedtime by 11:30pm or earlier. Once I wake up in the early hours, I don't always nod off again for 30min or worse.

Today's wind while putting the bags at curb-definite no on attempting a walk. Mr Wind could have done a number on me while I crossed over the bridge. Have to be prudent to save what walking ability I still have.

Supper-cooked pasta shells, some pizza sauce and some sliced green olives. Milky sweet decaf Earl Grey tea. I am not a fan of large pasta shells but that's the only big pasta on hand (aside from fine soup noodles). Still craving more chocolate-the two packets of cookies yesterday were enjoyed and nothing remained for today.

Not certain if there was any mail delivered today...off to see. Update-just mail for Mom.
    Last edited by Ciel21; Mon, Nov 21st, 2022 at 09:18 PM.

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

my busy-ish day is done, the Leafs are up now against Tavares old team ( NY Islanders ) so satisfying that he scored a goal against them. However it's only 2-1 Leafs in the 3rd, so no celebrating yet. In the middle of de-cluttering in the basement which took its toll on my back and legs. It's is recliner time now!!

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

I readed that Subway removed the salad for the Sub and I think menu as well...With the crazy price of salad why it dont surprise me...huh
    Finished my book,I am late of 18 hours in the other so I will have to work the evening and the week end.
    Have a good night

EDIT: We lost 2 small 170 gr package of raspberries...grr I forgot to froze them and they got all bad....Per chance they where 1.47$ not 4,99$ .....I find that blueberries are more in flyer special and theu last longer..dont know why...mystery

I want to watch a documentary with the serie I was watching ..It wll be on air tomorrow...no time to watch so I will watch it on streaming tv later this week end.

Checked the new flyers...we need just a few things...
    But mad at myself for had not waiting this upcoming week to purchase my Kellogs Cereals..grr ...points offer in store of 5 000 per 12$ pc points so I could have make 30 000 pc points...grrr...hope to receive my 5 fpcs this week for making points but ..its been just 1 week and it take 3-5 weeks grrr....

Points offer are so difficult to predict....my little rant ...
    Last edited by cath007; Tue, Nov 22nd, 2022 at 02:39 AM.
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Page 20 of 29 FirstFirst ... 10 18 19 20 21 22 ... LastLast

Thread Information