User Tag List

Page 26 of 29 FirstFirst ... 16 24 25 26 27 28 ... LastLast
Like Tree2057Likes

Thread: November 2022 Frugal Chatter (Brr...temps are falling!)

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Good Morning!

Dropped DS off at school. Stopped at the office to grab stuff. Came home and went for a walk. Cleaned the kitchen. Now to start my work day with a clear head.

I have to mail a birthday card to my friend that lives 4.5 hrs away. Will get that ready and out this afternoon. Wish I could drive down and surprise her but the weather scares me

Have a wonderful day everyone!
    Giseledta, harbie, barbis9 and 4 others like this.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Morning,
    Trying to get all of the things done.

I woke up late, I do not know what it is, normally I am such a morning person but, for the last couple of weeks my alarm goes off and my whole body just screams NO. The good news is, it is a work-from-home day as I have an appointment this afternoon so my commute was 30 seconds down the stairs so I can sleep in a little later.

I miss my early mornings, I love being up early when it is quiet and I can just knock things out before the day really gets started for everyone else.

Today has been another one of those days, I have not even looked at my to-do list for work, I am just keeping up with the emails coming in.

Well, I waited for my Oatmeal to heat up, I did half of the dishwasher emptied which today seems like an accomplishment.

I know Mom has a bunch of Kitchen Stuff she wants to do today, she wants to turn the chicken carcasses into broth, she needs to make more of her Tomato Jam which she uses in place of ketchup, and there was something else I cannot remember.

The options for dinner tonight will be:
    Baked Tacos with Mexican Sweet Potatoes
    Spinach & Ricotta Pasta Bake
    Homemade Pizza
    Will need to see what makes sense and can make happen with the cooking Mom is doing.

Happy Tuesday
    Giseledta, harbie, barbis9 and 3 others like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

My patients has paid off.

The Mattress Topper I bought earlier this year from Amazon has already gone flat, grrr, I literally spent weeks researching Mattress Toppers and the one I got had good reviews. But, my guess is the reviews were written when they got the mattress topper, not months later.

I decided I was going to order the one I had before from Costco which lasted me 3 or 4 years. The only reason I got rid of it was the backing split so I did not feel safe washing it as the stuffing could come out in the washer or dryer. It was still soft and fluffy.

So many times in the last couple of months I have been tempted to order it, my back would appreciate it. But I kept thinking Black Friday is coming, maybe just maybe it will go on sale. I was already not happy about buying another one since I just bought one earlier this year.

It was not on sale during Black Friday or Cyber Monday but today Daily Holiday Deals started and guess what the first item was, my Mattress Topper is $20 off.

It is now on order.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Popped over to once upon a child today got $35.85 for my daughter-in-law as they were doing the order i bought 2 pairs of ladies socks 2.00 each (they were new tags still on them).

Home to do laundry and relax.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Saw the Windy Wednesday weather forecast alert on the computer. Not ready for another high wind day (because with our hydro luck in 2022, I bet there will be a service disruption here or somewhere in town)...have to check loose bits outside. Did cutdown of flowers in front flower bed and raked the oak leaves there and from around garage and the lateral pipe openings. Not fast enough to get bag to curb but I have one more week left for yard waste collection!

Local order is ready for pickup. Will go today even though it looks as though it could rain today, it's nippy outside. Need another tea (had first tea with cookies earlier as breakfast). Have to see if any library holds have arrived so I can collect them as well. There was a plan to venture to other stores west of me but I may have to just wait for Thursday unless I somehow bus around today (forgot to get some fares loaded on Presto card last night as I did not bring card with me to Shoppers).

Going to run a load of laundry and firm up errand trip itinerary on paper. Noticed last night as I was writing my expenses in Nov sheet that my 2pk of toothbrushes weren't $3.99 (I had turned the package over to compare UPC to shelf label with price and UPC) but $13 and change!!! Let's see if the max clean brushes by Oral_b really clean my teeth!
    "This is the Way." The Mandalorian

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Ciel21 View Post
    Bro used the leaf blower to sort of corral the leaves in one general area. Not wanting Mr Wind to play havoc with the leaves tonight or tomorrow, I bagged them. Back is still miffed at me. Mulchfest is still in the cards tomorrow once Bro leaves the house.

Will just say I lost my temper with Mom over the bathroom heater. She complained once about setting-"it's too cold". Then again two hours later when I restored it to setting Bro wants. She complained "it's too hot." I'm talking 65F vs 67F. I also had to turn up house thermostat while we were watching videos because she was cold. Going to turn the temp down again. I need my own suite and temperature controls!

Evening tea is so worthwhile-such a comfort and respite from "life." Good night, everyone!
    Perhaps an electric blanket, warm sweater or slippers for your mom might prevent the temperature changes on the thermostat.
    Giseledta, harbie, cath007 and 3 others like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

There are even electrically warmed vests/jackets available, not to mention socks.

Or, you could pull the stunt (from Dilbert, I think), where an additional thermostat was installed for one temperature-volatile person. The trick was the thermostat wasn't connected to the furnace and had no effect whatsoever.
    My food may not befit a king, but I eat like a horse.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by SassyAshley View Post
    My patients has paid off.

The Mattress Topper I bought earlier this year from Amazon has already gone flat, grrr, I literally spent weeks researching Mattress Toppers and the one I got had good reviews. But, my guess is the reviews were written when they got the mattress topper, not months later.

I decided I was going to order the one I had before from Costco which lasted me 3 or 4 years. The only reason I got rid of it was the backing split so I did not feel safe washing it as the stuffing could come out in the washer or dryer. It was still soft and fluffy.

So many times in the last couple of months I have been tempted to order it, my back would appreciate it. But I kept thinking Black Friday is coming, maybe just maybe it will go on sale. I was already not happy about buying another one since I just bought one earlier this year.

It was not on sale during Black Friday or Cyber Monday but today Daily Holiday Deals started and guess what the first item was, my Mattress Topper is $20 off.

It is now on order.
    Is the mattress topper from Costco or Amazon? Can you post a link?
    Giseledta, harbie, cath007 and 3 others like this.

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

This one is from Costco:

https://www.costco.ca/ultimate-cuddl....10353289.html

Quote Originally Posted by barbis9 View Post
    Is the mattress topper from Costco or Amazon? Can you post a link?
    Giseledta, harbie, cath007 and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

For those that miss romaine I saw a Costco post today that indicates it’s down to 7.99 and for 5 heads that’s a deal compared to what we have seen.
    I am doubling down on my mission to reduce food waste so last night I roasted the last of the tomatoes from the garden, they were quite small and took for ever to ripen but I was able to get one jar of sauce for the freezer and they would have otherwise gone to waste. Dinner tonight was leftover rice with some frozen veg that had seen better days but with the right seasoning it was just fine.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

I need to pay attentin to the CT triangle rewards more. need to make sure every reward system i use i work the best

today was interesting. it was my oldests birthday today. it was nice to spend part of it with her.

any hoo. trimmed my spider plant. hopefully it can be saved. i need to pay attention to it a bit more.
    tomorrow we have the high winds and rain. it will be a craft and hide in the house kinda day. not sure if recyces will go out. if its to windy, they can wait.

hugs to all
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Trading Score
    203 (100%)

The snow is here. They’re calling for 20-25cm. Oh yay

I walked to IGA to grab some celery so I could make a quad batch of a garden bolognese. I did plan on making a lasagna but ran out of time and I was just too tired. If I don’t go to work tomorrow then I’ll make some then. Our area is notorious for not being cleared and it’s hilly so I don’t bother driving especially when I have to drive the freeway too.

I ordered a plant based Mediterranean pizza from Panago for Dh to take to work tomorrow. You get a large which normally is $22.27 for $10 and $1 goes to The Happy Herd animal sanctuary so it’s a win win for everyone.

Dh picked up my stash tea that is on sale at LD 2/$7 which sadly is a good price now and sadly he could only get me 5 boxes of my flavour (and 1 of his) so that will last me just under 2 months (50 days).

Time to cuddle up, watch the Cleaning Lady and chill for the night.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by barbis9 View Post
    Perhaps an electric blanket, warm sweater or slippers for your mom might prevent the temperature changes on the thermostat.
    Yes, but I bought slippers over a year ago for this very reason for both her and me. I actually turned down the heater 2 degrees tonight as I needed the bathroom fan to vent the rec room for a short while. I will leave the heater at 65F but will hear about it if Bro sees the screen.
    I was actually surprised to see that Penningtons has a lighter colour version of the Skechers Campfire slippers I have but in wide widths. Many sizes were sold out yesterday.
    Giseledta, harbie, cath007 and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by HermanH View Post
    There are even electrically warmed vests/jackets available, not to mention socks.

Or, you could pull the stunt (from Dilbert, I think), where an additional thermostat was installed for one temperature-volatile person. The trick was the thermostat wasn't connected to the furnace and had no effect whatsoever.
    Wish I could put a fake cover on thermostat. I even got her a down jacket last year but she's refusing to wear it. Will float the notion to her tomorrow when it's windy!
    Giseledta, harbie and cath007 like this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Giseledta View Post
    I need to pay attentin to the CT triangle rewards more. need to make sure every reward system i use i work the best

today was interesting. it was my oldests birthday today. it was nice to spend part of it with her.

any hoo. trimmed my spider plant. hopefully it can be saved. i need to pay attention to it a bit more.
    tomorrow we have the high winds and rain. it will be a craft and hide in the house kinda day. not sure if recyces will go out. if its to windy, they can wait.

hugs to all
    Cookie or muffin bake day in the morning? Snickerdoodles or drop cookies?
    Giseledta, harbie and cath007 like this.

Page 26 of 29 FirstFirst ... 16 24 25 26 27 28 ... LastLast

Thread Information