User Tag List

Page 4 of 29 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast
Like Tree2057Likes

Thread: November 2022 Frugal Chatter (Brr...temps are falling!)

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

I went into No Frills last night and was a little surprised to see that a number of No Name Products have gone up in price. I will say when I looked at the products on Wednesday there was no indication they were on sale but when I went in yesterday the prices were higher.

Naturally Imperfect Cucumbers was $4.50 now $5.00
    Naturally Imperfect Potatoes was $5.00 now $6.00
    Naturally Imperfect Carrots was $2.50 now $3.00
    No Name Vegetable Oil was $8.99 now $9.99

At No Frills, I got:
    1 x Sweet Potatoes 5lb $3.99
    1 x Hot Dog Buns
    1 x Garlic 3-pack $0.79
    3 x Mangos $0.99 + 100 pts

My store had no Peanut Butter, and the sweet potatoes I got there were only 2 bags left. Hot Dogs buns were because Costco did not have any and we were having Hot Dogs for dinner.

Hoping I get a text my car is at work and I can pick it up so I will check No Frills again for Peanut Butter as I want it for Christmas baking.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Good Morning and TGIF. Another beautiful day!

We finished cleaning out the garage yesterday and I was able to park in it last night which was nice.

Dinner last night was so good. I pulled cooked beef from the freezer and made a quick sauce and then boiled some pasta. Its was quick and good. Leftovers for DS for today.

Groceries- I'm trying to not go crazy on groceries. Our fridge is nice and clean and we have the basics. We also have tons of apples and bananas to eat so I won't buy any fresh fruit till we use them up. I brought a banana to go with my cream of wheat for breakfast and an apple for a snack.

Have a wonderful day everyone!

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Hi-well saw my doctor ,he gave me meds ,it tired me out just going to the doctor and pharmacy yesterday .Hubby got his flu shot ,they told me to wait til my infection is over.

Started last sat ,so day 7 (no its not covid took a test ) i asked my doctor is it because i had covid end of sept ,why i am sick now no you just caught a virus .

Hubby will watch the girls after school for 2 hours at sons house as i dont have it in me yet.

Groceries can wait til next week ,i have applesauce , pears in a tin,at least i have been having my honemade soup all week .

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Our shampoo/conditioner/body wash supply is dwindling. I haven't bought it in years. The boys have lots of 2 in 1 but they are not a fan of it.
    My mission this weekend is to organize our supply and then search out some deals.
    I know nivea is on sale somewhere this weekend and I saved a PC pt offer so will look at that deal for sure. (I need a change- so much Dove body wash bought at SDM on a points day with sale and coupons!)

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

We decided to go to Costco on the way back from dropping off the rental car. I have my eye on this dutch oven set which was right along the front wall, makes me wonder if maybe just maybe it will be going on sale for the weekend. I will be watching and if it goes on sale, it has my name on it, it matches the skillets I got on sale earlier this year.

Grabbed a few things:
    My Bread (White Bread)
    Mom's Bread (Whole Wheat Bread)
    Chicken Breasts
    Hot Dogs
    Nachos
    Regular Chips
    White Cheddar Puffs
    Extra Strength Foil
    2 x Large Baggies
    1 x Medium Baggies
    2 x Worcestershire Sauce
    2 x Large Insulated Cooler Bags $9.97 on clearance

The Baggies, Worcestershire Sauce and White Cheddar Puffs were on sale. They had no Hot Dog Buns and no Romaine. At No Frills a 2-pack of Romaine is $5.49.

Nice to have this out of the way, added a little bit to the weekend to-do list but at least unless my pots (yes, I already own them in my mind) go on sale, I won't have to run to Costco this weekend.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Still trying to get the PC offer that can only be bought in store at NF. McD's GC's 5,000 points wys $50.00 in 1 transaction.
    I have tried 3 times now and the 2 NF's I have gone to still have no McD's GC's??

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Thanks everyone for your comments.I dont think dad catch covid,Aunt and Uncle symptoms are mild.My aunt think my uncle catch it while he did some errands the day after the surgery of my dad.Dad have a following check up routine control the november 17 with ophtalmologist that did the surgery.He took a small drive this morning.He have uncle sunglasses for now with the bright sun and purchased some reading glass.He is much better.And I am good to put drops haha.
    Last edited by cath007; Fri, Nov 4th, 2022 at 03:46 PM.
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

I received my SampleSource box today
    FPC for boost
    FPC for greenies(dog treat,dont have a dog...)
    2 tetley tea infusion
    1 persil pod laundry detergent sample
    full size sample of Goldfish sharp cheddar
    When I ordered they where just those samples availaible,it is not much sample but still happy to get something!!!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by walkonby View Post
    Still trying to get the PC offer that can only be bought in store at NF. McD's GC's 5,000 points wys $50.00 in 1 transaction.
    I have tried 3 times now and the 2 NF's I have gone to still have no McD's GC's??
    Have you asked at Customer Service if the cards are hiding out behind the counter? Just in case its like at Shoppers-certain gift cards are only accessible by staff behind an unused checkout counter, not on the spin racks you or I can whirl around. I mean at my Fortinos, prepaid calling cards are only behind the Customer Service desk. But if you go to Fortinos Eastgate, calling cards are on the gift card wall alongside all the retail and eatery gift cards!
    "This is the Way." The Mandalorian

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by cath007 View Post
    I received my SampleSource box today
    FPC for boost
    FPC for greenies(dog treat,dont have a dog...)
    2 tetley tea infusion
    1 persil pod laundry detergent sample
    full size sample of Goldfish sharp cheddar
    When I ordered they where just those samples availaible,it is not much sample but still happy to get something!!!
    The price of Boost (regular) has been yo-yoing between $8.99 (weekend sale, depending on flyer week) to $13.99 regular retail at Shoppers of late. Handy FPC!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Had to re-think today's online purchases. Someone at Voila tried to take payment last night (did not have the funds last night; usual routine is payment taken AFTER delivery-I've had no issue on prior credit days with payment so yesterday was a first experience at no-go order) and triggered an order cancellation email-please provide another payment method request. Not thrilled at losing a day on delivery-this will be my last order unless there's a teensy chance I won a gift card from the contest that ended yesterday...

So, after confirming extra GST landed today, I did a smaller Voila order at $7.99 delivery for first thing Sat am (7-8am). Then a gift order (the coupon offer on first purchase was strictly for bed & bath items; not any item not excluded, so no discount--grr) Found a running shoe deal in my size (not colour I want but the price is worthwhile; had scoped out several sites for shoes and came close but in Wide style size @$89.99) for $49.99 plus $7 s&H & taxes. Site declined my debit card. Figured I was under $1 short on order. Went to bank, checked balance ( I was 5 cents short on order!) , added some $. Stopped at Fortinos for a few things, Dollarama for tissue paper (for gift boxes) and went home. Attempted shoe order-nope, site immediately declined my card 2nd time (so site does not take debit cards on VISA). Since there was a timer with several minutes left, I went to seek Bro and offer him cash for the order if he'd place it on his cc-he did and order's done. Whew!

I'm going to have a snack then take some angst out on the leaves by raking some piles! Sounds like a plan!
    Last edited by Ciel21; Fri, Nov 4th, 2022 at 03:13 PM.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

@Frugalbigmama I'm looking at the various Loblaws banner stores' digital ads. You want to check out No Frills-flyer shows $2.99 Nivea Body wash, selected varieties. Only flyer with Nivea products showing, aside from Shoppers' flyer tomorrow with Nivea Men (up to 15% off shave, skin care products).

Oh-Shoppers current flyer ending today-almost at end of Flyer, just above the Air Canada gift card blurb-Nivea Fresh Blends body wash 500ml selected varieties $6.99 (not a deal but other type of Nivea boday wash).
    Last edited by Ciel21; Fri, Nov 4th, 2022 at 03:47 PM.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Double GTS (QC) have been deposited today,got pay by the school november 2,so far so good!!!
    TGIF!!! Altrought since yesterday at 1:30 afternoon,I am on hollidays until next week when my program at other school start the day before friday.I finished all my things except an exam in english writhing a complaint letter of 175 words monday pm,go to appointement for other school project because I will have 100$ per week more.So papers to sign,have to bring my birth certificate to the other school after.
    I am not complaining about having 1 week of hollidays,altrought it is very unusual.
    I am so good in english that if I ever need secondary 5,I will probably wont do the 3 books just the exams yes!!!
    So binge internet tv,lurking on sc and do some cleaning and get ready to the new school is on my plate.
    Yes I can do this!!!!
    Purchase my bus pass too.
    I was so sad to leave the school and say goodbye to my dear teachers,so heartbreaking,my english teacher arm me in her arms and give me a gift so cute
    I will resee my teacher at the grade diploma ceremony the december 1. tought!!!
    Dad take off work today and tomorrow evening and night,
    So I will have to come up with some plan for my lunchs at the new school,need variety and proteins!!!
    i think next friday will be a hollidays too....I hope I will like my new teachers.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Quote Originally Posted by Ciel21 View Post
    The price of Boost (regular) has been yo-yoing between $8.99 (weekend sale, depending on flyer week) to $13.99 regular retail at Shoppers of late. Handy FPC!
    Yes FPC for a simply boost 4 pack is value of 15,00$ ,my god this stuff is expensive yike,Very happy about this FPC!!! I will use it .

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

It was bit of work but my Scene+ is now linked to my Sobey's and Freshco. They put two factor authentication on which is great but did not ask me what to use for the contact and so had a old phone number. Spent some time on hold yesterday and got that all tidied up. I was in NS in the summer when Sobeys made the switch and they had some great offers so I am hoping for the same here in Ontario.
    I booked our car for the quick trip to NS this month, I am so excited because we did not tell my brother so it will be such a surprise when we pull up. It will be about $800.00 total for 5 days and it won't be something we do every year but still so much fun.
    My father in law is all moved in to his new retirement home and my husband has been over 4 times this week, I did suggest he may get sick of seeing us.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Page 4 of 29 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast

Thread Information