User Tag List

Page 28 of 29 FirstFirst ... 18 26 27 28 29 LastLast
Like Tree2057Likes

Thread: November 2022 Frugal Chatter (Brr...temps are falling!)

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

On to plan C for dinner. The good news is we are not ordering take-out but dinner plans just are not working with me this week.

I got tied up and did not get the stuff prepped to make the baked tacos so instead of rushing, I am going to make One Pot Lemon Herb Chicken and Rice. It comes together in about 30 minutes and all in one pot.

I was also considering one pot chicken & rice with mushrooms but it needs to go in the cover and none of my oven-safe skillets have lids. Another reason I need those dutch-ovens from Costco LOL.

I won't lie deep down, I was hoping they might go on sale as part of the Holiday Deals but today there was a different dutch-oven so I am doubting that they will offer the ones I want. I do not see them having two dutch-ovens during the Holiday Deals but I will keep checking daily just in case.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Trading Score
    203 (100%)

Thanks @SassyAshley I always freeze them uncooked too but I was talking to a neighbour and she insisted that it’s better to be cooked. Mind you she’s a bit of a know it all but another neighbour said the same thing so it got me thinking I was wrong. I agree with you, then tend to mush out.

A Dutch oven is definitely a must have. I bought one eons ago (14/15 years ago) from Khols in the states. It was by the food network channel. I guess they wanted it to be a dupe of a Le Cruset. It’s great but it’s HUGE so about 5 years ago my mom bought me a Le Cruset and it’s smaller. She got a smoking deal at The Bay and got one for herself too. Hope yours goes on sale soon.

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

@harbie , I have my eye on a set at Costco, it is a 2 pack but I am being stubborn and hoping they put it on sale.

It is the same company that I got the Cast Iron Skillets from earlier this year. I was hoping because the Skillets were on sale last year around Christmas, this year they brought in the Dutch Ovens and would be putting them on sale. But, I see in the sneak peek of the Flyer that starts Monday, they brought back the Skillets and those are on sale again, not the Dutch Ovens.

I should probably just got and get them, you cannot beat $99.99 for 2 dutch ovens and if they go on sale there is always a price adjustment.
    Giseledta, harbie, cath007 and 1 others like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

*********Reminder*********
    Dont forgot to save yours pc offers!!!
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Just for fun: here's the big winners of prizes in the Monopoly Coast to Coast tally! (Since it'll be inaccessible tomorrow)
    Claimed
    1/10 $10000 Cash Prizes
    3/5 The Bay $2000 gift card
    17/100 RMHC $1000 for winners and $1000 for selected RHMC locations
    3/5 Vanilla Visa $5000 Prepaid cards
    0/4 HyperX PC Gaming Bundle
    3/7 2023 Chevrolet Bolt EUVs
    1/10 1M MyMcDonalds Rewards Pts
    3/6 Avion Rewards (5M pts by RBC or $50K cash)
    6/15 Universal Parks & Resort Trips
    14/60 Ryobi Ultimate Power Tool Bundles
    1/4 Polaris Family Adventure Bundles

Think next year's prize lineup will be tweaked? I'm surprised the gaming bundles are not all claimed. The Bay gcs-wow, first time that claimed numbers are under the total number of gcs available to be one. I'd be thrilled to get one of the unclaimed Bay spree opportunities !
    Last edited by Ciel21; Wed, Nov 30th, 2022 at 07:07 PM.
    "This is the Way." The Mandalorian

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

Stash tea is so good.
    Love the driagon chai. omg. so delish. Kettle tea has some simalar ones, but they are loose leaf. and The Tea Haus has a couple very simalar as well. I know they do a free shipping for 60.00 . tea haus is local to me. but i do a stock up 2 x a year. if kettle tea has a localation close to you try them. prices are good.flavors are amazing
    Quote Originally Posted by harbie View Post
    The snow is here. They’re calling for 20-25cm. Oh yay

I walked to IGA to grab some celery so I could make a quad batch of a garden bolognese. I did plan on making a lasagna but ran out of time and I was just too tired. If I don’t go to work tomorrow then I’ll make some then. Our area is notorious for not being cleared and it’s hilly so I don’t bother driving especially when I have to drive the freeway too.

I ordered a plant based Mediterranean pizza from Panago for Dh to take to work tomorrow. You get a large which normally is $22.27 for $10 and $1 goes to The Happy Herd animal sanctuary so it’s a win win for everyone.

Dh picked up my stash tea that is on sale at LD 2/$7 which sadly is a good price now and sadly he could only get me 5 boxes of my flavour (and 1 of his) so that will last me just under 2 months (50 days).

Time to cuddle up, watch the Cleaning Lady and chill for the night.
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

just get a dutch oven. OMG. i use mine all the time. i love it. mine is a lodge one. heavy. but dang. love it. i am doing chili in it tomorrow.
    Quote Originally Posted by SassyAshley View Post
    On to plan C for dinner. The good news is we are not ordering take-out but dinner plans just are not working with me this week.

I got tied up and did not get the stuff prepped to make the baked tacos so instead of rushing, I am going to make One Pot Lemon Herb Chicken and Rice. It comes together in about 30 minutes and all in one pot.

I was also considering one pot chicken & rice with mushrooms but it needs to go in the cover and none of my oven-safe skillets have lids. Another reason I need those dutch-ovens from Costco LOL.

I won't lie deep down, I was hoping they might go on sale as part of the Holiday Deals but today there was a different dutch-oven so I am doubting that they will offer the ones I want. I do not see them having two dutch-ovens during the Holiday Deals but I will keep checking daily just in case.
    or Swagbucks
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

uncooked. I do manicotti the same way.
    my general way to do it is... make 4 at once..... freeze 3, have 1 for supper.
    Quote Originally Posted by harbie View Post
    The snow hit hard last night. People left work at 3:00/4:00 and didn’t get home until 3 am! (normally would take and 1-1 1/2 hours ). Some were stuck in their cars on the bridge overnight! Then some lost power too. What a mess. I’m so glad I was home and Dh works close to home and is off at 3:30.

Work was canceled for me today. Icy hills were just not worth it but that just means I’m going to have to work Saturday if the storm that’s supposed to come Friday is cleared up. It’s a wet sloppy mess now since it’s warmed up but a deep freeze is called for tonight so yay for skating rink road’s tomorrow.

Just doing laundry and making lasagnas for dinner and the freezer.

Question? Do you cook your lasagna first then freeze one freeze it uncooked?

The dryer calls me.

Have a great day everyone
    or Swagbucks

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

good afternoon all.
    welcome to my biweekly rage on... how much did i just spend on groceries. sigh.
    price matching saved me 15.00
    got 9.00 back via ecpisa and co51
    43 300 pc points - i had a few good offers.
    and 8.18 via offrs loaded to my pc app.

donated 20.00 to the food bank, and hubby gave a lady at walmart 20.00 .
    i am pretty much over shopping. lol
    we have high winds right now.
    all fruits and veggies are in the fridge. freezer stuff put away.
    going to rest, then do laundry and work on a crochet project . of course i have 3 other ones on the go ... so lets start another.....lol.

hugs to all.
    and if you see a short person , with blue hair ( yes iam short, and my hair is blue) in a grocery store sighing alot... yes , yes that is probley me
    or Swagbucks

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

@Giseledta I admire your meal planning ahead-you make 4 of a dish to prep for meals! All your tea stories---I miss Tea Haus.
    I went to GT two days ago and my Twinings options for $3.97 were Earl Grey Tea or English Breakfast (regular, no decaf options). Got the EB added to my wheeled basket of other things that had to come home with me...(I just intended to look at gloves and scoped the womenswear, food/bread area and menswear then the chocolate holiday gift sets).

Yes, winds were a PITA yesterday. Saw computer mention end of wind warning around 2:30pm. MR Wind huffed a little more afterwards. I went outside and found branches...

Join us in the Dec. thread-you are missed! December 2022 Frugal Chat (when Autumn turns into Winter) (smartcanucks.ca)
    "This is the Way." The Mandalorian

Trading Score
    203 (100%)

Good afternoon.

Went for more tests this morning and even though I had an appointment I still had to wait 20 mins after. Oh well, they were a really fantastic bunch of ladies and made it easier.

I took today off since I had some tests so I’m actually just relaxing. It’s been a bit stressful lately so I’m literally being a sloth today with the exception of putting laundry away. I definitely need it.

My deal of a duvet just was delivered so I’m excited to use it.

Going to make another cup of tea since because it’s cold and miserable outside and I want to snuggle on the couch.

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Is anyone else having issues with the December Frugal Chatter thread?

I tried to post this morning it said there was a server error. Now it looks like I posted multiple times, the same post. Now it shows @Frugalbigmama has posted but I cannot see her post in the thread.
    harbie and cath007 like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by SassyAshley View Post
    Is anyone else having issues with the December Frugal Chatter thread?

I tried to post this morning it said there was a server error. Now it looks like I posted multiple times, the same post. Now it shows @Frugalbigmama has posted but I cannot see her post in the thread.
    Yes! I could see the same post of yours re-posted about 10 times!
    And also I could see you as the last poster but when I clicked on the thread the last post was from Ciel at 11pm last night.
    harbie and cath007 like this.

Trading Score
    203 (100%)

@SassyAshley and @Frugalbigmama I’m experiencing the exact same as you both. Weird.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Contacted the school explaining my health issue..they wont take me back ..I have to have a medical paper...will try tomorrow..that is ridiculous...I am sick...
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Page 28 of 29 FirstFirst ... 18 26 27 28 29 LastLast

Thread Information