Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Like Tree273Likes

Thread: 2022 financial resolutions

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

Just starting...
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A
    lilo0003, cath007, crafter and 1 others like this.
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

Thanks for starting us off for 2022 @Giseledta . I do like the end of the year and the getting ready for the new, there is something about a clean slate that makes me happy. DH and I are desperate to move up our retirement date. This past 22 months has been beyond exhausting so we are now thinking of quitting the high stress jobs and just doing something casually part time. But it’s hard to walk away from benefits and the money with 2 kids still at home. I know I don’t have it in me to lead people for another 5 years. The past 2 have felt like 10.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

Lilo - totally understandable. the past couple of years has certainly changed alot of peoples plans .
    cath007 and SassyAshley like this.
    or Swagbucks
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Who knows ... but I Would Rather Be Someone's Shot of Whiskey, Than Everyone's Cup of Tea
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

The Santa Clause rally has raised our funds to their highest ever. The only plans we have for 2022 is have our Financial Planner run the numbers with the proposed healthy budget we will give her and see how things look for the years moving forward. Then it is just enjoy life.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

I was able to save $250 this month into savings ,i try each month if there is a surplus and no large bills are on our visa like car insurance etc

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

i am working on the budget on the whole. ... i may be increasing my rates in the new year... found out i am the cheapest in my area. , and honestly one of the most educated. . As for Home child care you dont need a ECE, or to do educational upgrading... And i have mine, and do lots of upgrading. ... its something i am considering with the increase of costs.

Hubby and i chatted about goals... so we have a game plan for that.

currently .. increase saftey net in main acct..
    tighten up budget a bit
    1 active reno planned... not till summer, and work on backyard... part of summer reno. goal is to do both as cheaply as possible...

plan is end of year increase amount going to retirement. should be doable.

my fun is the new regualtions concerning covid... i need to be prepared to shut down for 5 - 10 days at any point in time. ..... this is highlighted by me being currently being shut down till the 10th. ... during this time.. i am not charging parents. I know many childcare both in centers and home based are charging... i just find it wrong. so .. i am not charging....
    or Swagbucks

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

ok.. starting off the year right....... Goal for the week...

clean off my desk, organise it. start in on Tax stuff
    orgaise a 3 month plan. ... these 3 months will be interesting due to covid.. and this varient.. more the first 6 weeks...

i want to try tracking a bit better this year.

goal for the next 3 months ... hold our own ... no new debt... not sure if we will be able to pay some to it.. but if we can avoid adding to it... i will call it a win.
    or Swagbucks

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

I will be pulling my cash binders later this afternoon and organizing stuff and making a plan. But I realize I paid an extra $325 on one of my credit cards and now it has a credit of $325.00 and I have no idea where that card is at the moment (I put a hold on it) Once I find it I will have to make sure to use it for gas and then transfer the gas budget money where I want it. Damn. I don't plan on using it really in January. What a silly mistake.
    Last edited by Frugalbigmama; Sun, Jan 2nd, 2022 at 11:42 AM.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I reviewed our spending and net worth yesterday as I do annually at the end of the year. Everything seems to be in order. Since DD just graduated we will pay her student loans off in the summer after the 6 month grace period-we have $ set aside for that.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Ok cleaned out my purse and my cash saving binders. Moved the $ DS owed me to my Cash emergency fund.

I have tons of change to use for groceries since spending is minimal. Then I have $175 cash for Jan 2022 spending ( I put $5 in envelope as I had it to build it up in 2021 so not to touch Jan 2022 grocery budget)
    I have $20 in loonies put aside to top up the gas tank tomorrow after our drive to DS's hockey game out of town. So not touching the budgeted gas money for Jan to hopefully build it up.
    Making sure to take my fun money each pay in cash and put in my wallet and let it build up so I have it ready when I want to use it.

Writing down in my day timer my daily spending. Will be good to see where/how/when spending money.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Frugalbigmama View Post
    Ok cleaned out my purse and my cash saving binders. Moved the $ DS owed me to my Cash emergency fund.

I have tons of change to use for groceries since spending is minimal. Then I have $175 cash for Jan 2022 spending ( I put $5 in envelope as I had it to build it up in 2021 so not to touch Jan 2022 grocery budget)
    I have $20 in loonies put aside to top up the gas tank tomorrow after our drive to DS's hockey game out of town. So not touching the budgeted gas money for Jan to hopefully build it up.
    Making sure to take my fun money each pay in cash and put in my wallet and let it build up so I have it ready when I want to use it.

Writing down in my day timer my daily spending. Will be good to see where/how/when spending money.
    Cool idea about writing down purchases. I was thinking about doing something similar today when I was shopping... ie. using a spreadsheet and recording the amount spent/coupons used/points earned etc. I find that I tend to go on some ..shall we term them spending waves. I just want to keep better track of them and get a better visual of what I'm actually paying money for. I am however continuing to stock up on common everyday items that hit my price point so I might be spending a little more than normal.

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by crafter View Post
    Cool idea about writing down purchases. I was thinking about doing something similar today when I was shopping... ie. using a spreadsheet and recording the amount spent/coupons used/points earned etc. I find that I tend to go on some ..shall we term them spending waves. I just want to keep better track of them and get a better visual of what I'm actually paying money for. I am however continuing to stock up on common everyday items that hit my price point so I might be spending a little more than normal.
    I have a spreadsheet that I track many of my savings and I find it really keeps me on course. I don’t count SCOP or free coffee from McDonald’s or Starbucks but I count all the rebate programs and points points and coupons. It has decreased in the past few years but coupons are hard to come by and Covid makes it harder to chase deals.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

one of my goals is to track my savings better. and the things i do to save better.
    lilo0003, cath007 and crafter like this.
    or Swagbucks

Trading Score
    203 (100%)

We will just continue to plug along like we’ve been doing. Since covid started my work has had some pretty big bumps but we were still able to save a lot. Since we haven’t been eating out ( I’ve been way to uncomfortable be going to a restaurant) and obviously can’t really do anything we decided to put all my earnings into savings and only live on DHs wage. We had our financial house in order long before the pandemic so that definitely helped. We have focused on trying to be content and really deciding if we need or want something. Trying to live simple, live free.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

If only more could live the same way.
    Giseledta and cath007 like this.
    My food may not befit a king, but I eat like a horse.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information