User Tag List

Page 3 of 31 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast
Like Tree2139Likes

Thread: January 2023 Frugal Chatter Thread -Money shuffle dance time!

Who knows ... but I Would Rather Be Someone's Shot of Whiskey, Than Everyone's Cup of Tea
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by cath007 View Post
    I got the bicycle for 45$ I will pick this up at 3:00 yay!!!

Note this is the add picture
    Great deal! Enjoy it!

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

@cath007 , congrats on your purchase.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Laundry is done, just need to fold it. Will do that in a minute.

Bathroom floor has been cleaned, our bathroom floor is hard to clean as there are so many little spaces the vacuum does not get into. So I vacuumed it, then dry swiffered, then Mom offered to Wet Swiffer well I went to switch over the laundry. Well, I was working in the Bathroom, I took a bunch of part bottles of Shampoo, Conditioner & Soap and combined them so the containers could go in recycling. I love the big pump bottles from Costco but there is so much left in the bottle when the pump stops working. So since we always buy the same ones we combine them. The bathroom has now been put back together and recycling has been taken out.

I did not want to work on the Dining Room Table today but did my old trick of setting a 15 minutes timer and making myself work on it for 15 minutes.

I did not get the pantry tidy done today, I cleaned the dryer instead. There is always tomorrow for the pantry. I am not going to complain, considering I woke up with no ambition I am happy with what I got done.

For Dinner, Mom suggested Pasta of some sort so I decided on Chicken Caprese Spaghetti Squash Bowls as we have two Spaghetti Squash we need to use (we will only use one for dinner, we each take a half) plus I have some Cherry Tomatoes to use up. This recipe is a bit time-consuming to make but it is because everything is added in stages. The hardest part is cutting the squash in half and scoping out the seeds. I cannot wait for the Balsamic Glaze, it makes the dish and I am a sucker for anything Balsamic.
    harbie, JadeAngel, barbis9 and 3 others like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

I really need to calm myself...because now I am f**ing pissed...The person sold the bicycle to another person...wow
    I putted my interest first I even said I will take it..she said okaie i am available justa 3:00 pm call me back before..the other person was not even sure!!!!
    WTF....
    Its been there since 5 weeks and now you want me to believe you had another interest earlier the same day..I dont believe this ..
    The other bicycle are 100$ and more

really ???I dont trust people anymore on anything!!!
    harbie, JadeAngel, barbis9 and 2 others like this.
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Trading Score
    203 (100%)

Oh no. I’m sorry @cath007 that’s not right! Some people are just jerks.

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

@cath007 , sorry this happened to you.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

@cath007 the same thing happened with me and a winter coat on facebook. I was corresponding with a young lady for a few weeks trying to meet up, said I would take the item, that I could meet her at after work, etc, and she sold it to someone else It was an Alpinetek coat which Sears used to sell. I rated her 1 star and indicated communication could be improved.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

I finally got my 200 scene points from Swiss Chalet. Omg, it was like pulling teeth. They wanted a screen shot of the offer which I used on Dec 31st, the app was down that evening, and it expired at midnight. The customer service person insisted on a screen shot of it, after writing back in capitals, they finally read and understood that it had expired. So going forward, I will screen shot all of their offers as they are rarely seem to get put on in the restaurant. Note you can use your Swiss Chalet $10 off vouchers. The waitress said they started in Jan, I said no Dec 28th as indicated on the voucher.

Put away outdoor Christmas lights, etc. and figured out what needs to be returned tomorrow. Happy the holidays are over and I can resume a normal (less chocolate) diet.

Reading "Empire of Pain", omg this is a must read for anyone taking oxycontin. Purdue pharma lied to doctors from the start just like big tobacco has and the fossil fuel industry. It is all about money.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by barbis9 View Post
    I finally got my 200 scene points from Swiss Chalet. Omg, it was like pulling teeth. They wanted a screen shot of the offer which I used on Dec 31st, the app was down that evening, and it expired at midnight. The customer service person insisted on a screen shot of it, after writing back in capitals, they finally read and understood that it had expired. So going forward, I will screen shot all of their offers as they are rarely seem to get put on in the restaurant. Note you can use your Swiss Chalet $10 off vouchers. The waitress said they started in Jan, I said no Dec 28th as indicated on the voucher.

Put away outdoor Christmas lights, etc. and figured out what needs to be returned tomorrow. Happy the holidays are over and I can resume a normal (less chocolate) diet.

Reading "Empire of Pain", omg this is a must read for anyone taking oxycontin. Purdue pharma lied to doctors from the start just like big tobacco has and the fossil fuel industry. It is all about money.

Yes barbis i had to send an picture of the 200 point offer from swiss chalet and my bill(which swiss chalet didnt want to give me as i used a gift card ,so i had to ask repeatedly for that .If only the cashier in swiss chalet had asked "do you have a scene card" if only she went above and beyond -no actually its not above and beyond it should be part of her job .

I worked in a store with a points card and i always asked .

It just seemed like so much work to get the 213 points.
    harbie, JadeAngel, barbis9 and 4 others like this.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

This one is finally mine and in my bedroom at my appt...it was 65$ and it is much older..but oh well...at least I have one and not a 200$ and up now

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

like my father said to me..dont trust a word from strangers!!!
    harbie, barbis9, lilo0003 and 1 others like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by coupon girl View Post
    Yes barbis i had to send an picture of the 200 point offer from swiss chalet and my bill(which swiss chalet didnt want to give me as i used a gift card ,so i had to ask repeatedly for that .If only the cashier in swiss chalet had asked "do you have a scene card" if only she went above and beyond -no actually its not above and beyond it should be part of her job .

I worked in a store with a points card and i always asked .

It just seemed like so much work to get the 213 points.
    @coupongirl I agree way to much work for 213 points. If I didn't like Swiss Chalet so much, I would go elsewhere.

Trading Score
    203 (100%)

I’m glad you were able to get a bike @cath007 . Here’s to a healthy 2023

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

We did breakfast for dinner today because that’s always a hit. Extra pancakes and peameal for breakfast. My father in law needed to go to SDM today so I took him and was able to take advantage of my PCO offer that was not stupidly high. 10000 PCO when you spend $40.00. Sadly it’s so easy to achieve and since for the past 6 months it’s been a minimum 75.00 threshold I was happy for this. Then we stopped at Tim’s for a coffee and chat. We try to make sure one of us takes him out at least weekly and he comes for Sunday dinner.
    Tonight I did a return to Costco and I have not seen it his dead in years. I did my return and then went and picked up the 4 items in my list and left. Hopefully that’s my only trip there this month.
    harbie, JadeAngel, barbis9 and 4 others like this.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Trading Score
    203 (100%)

Cashed out CO51 for $64 and change. It will be interesting to see how much I earn in 2023.

Page 3 of 31 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread Information