User Tag List

Page 7 of 31 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 ... LastLast
Like Tree2139Likes

Thread: January 2023 Frugal Chatter Thread -Money shuffle dance time!

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

I had to announce a bad news to my dad...I received an e-mail from my uncle to said that is childhood friend is dead...we will know more by tomorrow....the friend of my father friend dont have the num of my dad so he will call her tomorrow...The dead friend was trying to reach by phone my father by the new year,so it is so recent...we are in shock.... I told the new to my father 2 sisters..because he will need probably to talk and helps about that.
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

@barbis9 we stayed at Club Med and the safe that was robbed was at the main desk, we had put our stuff in there when we were there.....for " safe keeping " .
    The rooms were just too easy to get into and rob so they convinced guests to do that. The robbers took travelers cheques, cash, possibly jewelry and whatever
    else guests put into that main safe.

Honestly, DH and I just froze when we heard the news of the robbery only days after we had returned home from there.

You could NOT pay me enough money to travel anywhere now. I no longer sunbathe, can't walk long distances, on a weight loss plan ( fails most days ),
    pet care keeps me tethered here.....the list goes on....oh! and there are usually OTHER people vacationing who I have no desire to meet.
    Just very grateful that DH and I did enough globe trotting before the kids came and some with them. As the saying goes. been there, done that.

Enjoy whatever place you end up flying to !! Seems you are due since not going on vacation since 2017.
    Last edited by walkonby; Fri, Jan 6th, 2023 at 09:13 PM.

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    203 (100%)

I’m sorry for your family’s loss @cath007 I’m glad he has you and others he can talk to about it.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

@harbie : thank you for yours kind words...Me I have one childhood friend I am interest and keep in likes and comments her posts,but I think she is too busy with life to recontact me....that is sad...make me sad.
    harbie, barbis9, lilo0003 and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

anyone has heard from @Ciel21 : that is strange,she is not posting and not connected anymore?? Hope everything is alright with her tought

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

@GoodBoy , I did run a vinegar cycle last night so we will see if that helps. Also thinking it might be time to buy a proper dishwasher cleaning product. I can see there is some buildup, I cleaned the best I could but the filter does not come out on my dishwasher.

Really hoping this next run comes out better as we just opened this bag, maybe 20 used, and I think I have another bag in the basements and they are Costco bags with 88 packs per bag.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

@cath007 , so sorry for your family's loss. **HUGS**

Also, Ciel has mentioned that her Brother changes the password on the computer and she could not access it now and would only be posting once a week when she ventured out to the library.
    harbie, barbis9, walkonby and 2 others like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Morning Everyone,
    I spent yesterday planning my life. It went pretty well, I always struggle with overthinking things.

I did do a bunch of work stuff. I will be overseeing a number of projects in the New Year and I want to be organized because some of these projects we tried to do earlier this year and we did not get them done. I can be honest with myself a big part of that was me because I went to work in the production office and I lost track of the projects.

What would normally take me 3 to 5 days to do, I got done in a few hours yesterday and it would have been shorter if I did not change how we were going to tackle one project when I was 3/4 of the way through setting it up.

I am about 75% done setting up my Bullet Journal. I am happy but I also go to the point where I needed to get it done vs it being perfect. I kept trying to lay it out and would not like it so I would redo it. Or I would make a mistake, draw a line too long and start over so I decided this is work in process. I am trying this to see if it works for me so I need to just get it done, get it set up and it will progress over time.

Today, I need to physically get my life in order. A lot of things to tackle around the house to prepare for next week. I have been doing well on Shutdown with my goals for January but once you put work back in there, I know it can all change in the blink of an eye. Not going to lie, there is some worry there but I also know I got this and I just need to take it one step at a time.

Happy Saturday
    harbie, barbis9, walkonby and 1 others like this.

Who knows ... but I Would Rather Be Someone's Shot of Whiskey, Than Everyone's Cup of Tea
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I use the Finish Dishwasher cleaning every three or four months. Seems to do the trick and I buy in multi-packs so saves a bit of $$ that way. I also use the Finish Rinse Aid. Hope you find a solution!

Quote Originally Posted by SassyAshley View Post
    @GoodBoy, I did run a vinegar cycle last night so we will see if that helps. Also thinking it might be time to buy a proper dishwasher cleaning product. I can see there is some buildup, I cleaned the best I could but the filter does not come out on my dishwasher.

Really hoping this next run comes out better as we just opened this bag, maybe 20 used, and I think I have another bag in the basements and they are Costco bags with 88 packs per bag.
    Last edited by GoodBoy; Sat, Jan 7th, 2023 at 08:34 AM.

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

I am happy.

I did all of the hand dishes. Yesterday was one of those days where we went from no hand dishes to a lot of hand dishes. So all of those are done and in the drying rack as I will do anything to not dry dishes. I will wash them but drying them, ugh.

I got all of the veggie prep done but forgot about the fruits I bought, will either tackle those shortly or tomorrow. I have to remember there is always tomorrow and I do not have to do everything in one day. But I did the following so far:
    Cut up Romaine for Salads
    Left 1 small head for Sandwiches if needed
    Cut up Napa for Egg Roll in a Bowl
    Cut up 2 tubs of Celery, one finely chopped for Tuna or Chicken Salad and one chopped bigger for Egg Roll in a Bowl or Soups
    Trimmed and packaged the rest of the celery for the fridge for later
    Cut up 1 cucumber for Salads or Snacks
    Wash half of the Mini Cucumbers I got
    Chopped up one package of Green Onions for meals this week
    I have another bunch I need to trim and package for the fridge but I do not know if Mom cuts the ends off, will wait till she gets up
    Chopped up some Peppers for Salad or whatever this week - Will need to buy more peppers

Pretty happy I got all of this done in just over an hour which is good. Normally it takes me most of the day for some reason.

Also, when Mom is up we need to deal with the meat I bought this week. The whole chickens need to go in freezer bags. One package of Ground Beef will become Burgers, the other will become Meatloaf and so proud of myself, I remembered to take the ground pork for meatloaves out of the freezer, it is the little things lol.
    harbie, barbis9, walkonby and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    203 (100%)

@cath007 it sad when you feel your friends aren’t there for you ( I know that feeling all too well unfortunately). Sometimes they might be going through something that nobody knows about. I don’t know .
    @SassyAshley there are 2 kinds of dishwasher filters. One is self cleaning and one manual. I think it’s something like pre 2009/2010 ish is self cleaning and some from 2010 and newer are manual so maybe that’s why you can’t open it.

Trading Score
    203 (100%)

I made the mistake of not getting my strength class done until late. I ended up finishing at 9pm which meant I was tired physically but mentally alert so sleep wasn’t happening. Boy 5am comes quickly . Definitely needing coffee today.

So much for my no spend January. It’s a total bust. We have to get to Costco for the usual staples ( tofu, spinach, wraps, peanut butter). I’m already dreading it. I really don’t enjoy shopping anymore. I used to love grabbing a coffee and after dropping off Dh at work I’d go to the save on foods at 7am and shop. It was literally my favourite thing to do. Store was just opened, maybe 3 other customers, saying hello to staff, and browsing the isles. Mind you that was PRE PRE PRE Covid, you know the good ol days.

The dishwasher is run but cooling so I’ll wait to empty and the hand wash items are drip drying. Todays big excitement is cleaning the shower, quick toilet clean, vacuum all baseboards and wash the floors.

On a super exciting note once I fold a small load of dried laundry I’m done! ZERO laundry. I can see the bottom of the basket . I’ll give it a quick wipe out and I’ll be done.

All a great plan but first coffee

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

@harbie , describing shopping at Save on Foods is exactly how I felt when I went to Dollarama the other day.

I was expecting it to be busy as I believe it was 9:30/10 when I get there as I did our grocery shopping at 8, came home put everything away and then went. But I think there were maybe 2 other customers in the store and staff stocking shelves. I just went up and down each aisle looking at everything and just enjoying the experience.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Morning off to rexall to get my pills and a few deals

(2) fruits and passion small set of orange scent whipped cream and shower gel reg 10.99 i paid 4.99 to put away for gifts for my daughter and daughter-in-laws birthdays
    (1) milinia eyeshadow $8.23 reg 19.99
    (2) tresemme hairspray 5.99 got 5,000 points -we have to work these points programs

Got hubby a free coffee at mcdonalds talked to the supervisor that an employee told hubby the other day the cards were no good.In fact they are good til dec 23 and he tossed the filled card ,so i got a free coffee for him .

Now off to wash bedding .
    Last edited by coupon girl; Sat, Jan 7th, 2023 at 11:45 AM.
    harbie, barbis9, walkonby and 2 others like this.

Who knows ... but I Would Rather Be Someone's Shot of Whiskey, Than Everyone's Cup of Tea
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by harbie View Post
    @cath007 it sad when you feel your friends aren’t there for you ( I know that feeling all too well unfortunately). Sometimes they might be going through something that nobody knows about. I don’t know .
    @SassyAshley there are 2 kinds of dishwasher filters. One is self cleaning and one manual. I think it’s something like pre 2009/2010 ish is self cleaning and some from 2010 and newer are manual so maybe that’s why you can’t open it.
    You make a good point regarding the filter. Mine is at the bottom under the bottom wand. I remove the filter and rinse it weekly. It is amazing what can get filled up in there. Not everything can break down or it takes time to do so. Just part of the weekly routine for me.

Page 7 of 31 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 ... LastLast

Thread Information