User Tag List

Page 10 of 31 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 20 ... LastLast
Like Tree2139Likes

Thread: January 2023 Frugal Chatter Thread -Money shuffle dance time!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by harbie View Post
    @Skippy sorry but I’m of ZERO help as we have electric baseboard heaters. The only gas I’ve had is a fireplace once and when I have too much beans sorry, I had too go there

Thanks for the coupons @Frugalbigmama. Weird that you can’t reply? Hmmmmmm….. maybe a weird SC issue is now arising.

Not sure what the plans for Dh and I are today yet. He wants to do something that will make me smile he said. Last night we got news that my brother and his wife had to say goodbye to their pupper and while we all new it was coming it hit me harder than I expected. It brought back all the memories of saying our goodbye. I know some people don’t understand the grief of loosing a furbaby but it’s real and it’s hard. We were not able to have children (fertility issues and then cancer for me) so he was out only baby. Anyways it hit hard and I was in tears all night and feel exhausted this morning. Gotta love Dh for wanting to make me smile.

Have a great Monday everyone

((((HUGS)))) @harbie . My sister and my SIL lost there fur baby a few years ago and it’s still hard for them .
    Skippy, harbie, barbis9 and 2 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by cath007 View Post
    I faced that I wont return to school...for now...My body and mental health just could not handle it..that means less money ..I will resuscribe by my own when I will be more ok..this is a tough decision...familly is not happy...but it is what it is...I need to said and writhe it to the school...
    (((HUGS))) @cath007 you have to make the decision that’s right for you even though your family may not agree especially when it comes to your health.
    Skippy, harbie, barbis9 and 3 others like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

the sludge that can build up is beyond gross and all it takes is a little hot water and some a very light brush (I use an old toothbrush)
    @harbie thanks for this info and everyone else on the forum. I'm a newbie to having a dishwasher. The ancient used portable Kenmore I just bought seems to work, and I have wondered about the filter.
    Skippy, harbie and SassyAshley like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Skippy View Post
    Good day my friends! I come in peace and in wanting to pick your brains mode!
    Question of the day do I switch from oil to gas for heating? Worth the cost? Any thoughts,suggestions, experiences greatly welcome and appreciated!
    Enjoy the rest of your day and the week ahead!
    I recently heard the federal government has a new program to help people off of oil to electric heat pumps? It was in the news. With gas you will have a high efficiency furnace that vents at the side of the home as mid (up the chimney) is no longer an option in Ontario. When we switched from oil to natural gas, we saved a lot and it was nice to get rid of the tank in the basement (the insurance company put us at a higher risk because of it). However, natural gas is getting expensive, and a heat pump might be a better choice, as the government is trying to reduce fossil fuel use. Best to get 3 quotes and see if there are any federal or provincial rebates that you can apply for.
    Last edited by barbis9; Mon, Jan 9th, 2023 at 10:45 PM.
    Skippy, harbie, lilo0003 and 2 others like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

@Skippy sorry but I’m of ZERO help as we have electric baseboard heaters. The only gas I’ve had is a fireplace once and when I have too much beans sorry, I had too go there

Thanks for the coupons @Frugalbigmama. Weird that you can’t reply? Hmmmmmm….. maybe a weird SC issue is now arising.

Not sure what the plans for Dh and I are today yet. He wants to do something that will make me smile he said. Last night we got news that my brother and his wife had to say goodbye to their pupper and while we all new it was coming it hit me harder than I expected. It brought back all the memories of saying our goodbye. I know some people don’t understand the grief of loosing a furbaby but it’s real and it’s hard. We were not able to have children (fertility issues and then cancer for me) so he was out only baby. Anyways it hit hard and I was in tears all night and feel exhausted this morning. Gotta love Dh for wanting to make me smile.

Have a great Monday everyone
    @harbie (((hugs))). I also never had children and treat my pets like family and can attest when a pet dies it is very painful. I still tear up on the anniversary of the last pet I lost to cancer years ago.
    Last edited by barbis9; Mon, Jan 9th, 2023 at 10:56 PM.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

@Skippy @walkonby @flemeth: thank you for yours kind words and for understanding the situation like it should be understanding,it is a breath of fresh air to read that.I am seing my doctor friday at 6pm so I will talk about all the things currently on my mind...My father...is still in shock of my decision,my godmother she giving me advices on how handle the situation,I really thought she will be deceived and against me but it is not the case,she want me to be happy...just happy. So I am happy about that fact.The health (mental and physic is more important than money and school right now) I did 10 minutes of stationnary bike and,stopped because I was not handle it very well.(not in shape)..but it was worthed for clearing my mind. And after I went outside and did a little yoga of taking big breath,it helps too to focus.
    Skippy, harbie, JadeAngel and 6 others like this.
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

@cath007 *HUGS* sorry you had to make that decision and it is not being supported.
    Skippy, harbie, barbis9 and 2 others like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Morning,
    Oh my gosh, yesterday was next-level insane. I was expecting some chaos but this was next-level. Happy it is over, but it did lead to me working late last night to try to get caught up on my own work. But, I cannot complain as I did still get some house stuff done and did find some me time. Just had a moment as it was the first day back and I pulled a 12-hour day.

Today will be a better day. Although I do have a meeting this morning that I am not ready for because I could not prep over the weekend and did not have time yesterday. But I got up this morning and started work at 5:30 and think I am in a place where I can get through this meeting and catch up on the rest later in the week.

I am feeling in a good place with the house. I am more on top of the day-to-day stuff which is one of my goals for 2023, which is to stay on top of the housework so I do not have to spend my weekend cleaning the house. I am all or nothing, I spend all week working from morning to night, then I spend all weekend trying to clean.

I do need to up my game on my weekly projects. I work on them but I need to be more focused. I am making a career out of them instead of just getting them done.

Last night we had Instant Pot Dump and Go Alfredo and added Chicken and Mushrooms. Tonight, I am thinking Egg Roll in Bowl, I have everything but the mushrooms and sauce prepped and would need to cook some rice.

Happy Tuesday.
    Skippy, harbie, barbis9 and 1 others like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Good Morning! Chilly day!

I shoveled the light snow while waiting for DS this morning. Dropped him off and then grabbed a coffee and headed to the office.
    Have all my mail to go through from being away. Shouldn't be too much I hope as most people take the time off.

Dinner-I took steak out of the freezer this morning. My plan is to slice it up and cook it with veggies. Have peppers to use up.

Last night I set up my portable table and started cleaning out the linen closet. Sorted all the stuff we have to use up (shampoo/bodywash etc)
    We have lots so I am not planning on spending any $ on that the next while. I tossed lots of old crap (samples etc I will never use)/expired crap and hope to continue tonight.
    I cleaned up and put away the Christmas wrap bin. Just need to put away a few more things and then my spare room will be almost empty. My plan is to use it over the next few months to organize/post to sell stuff. Then in the Fall my plan is to paint the room (it is Spiderman blue now lol)

Have a wonderful day!

Trading Score
    203 (100%)

@cath007 sometimes the best decisions for our physical and sometimes even more importantly our mental health means making others not happy but that’s because they don’t truly understand what the stress is doing to you.

I'm a believer in that your mental health takes precedence over anything else. How can you expect to be there for others if you aren’t there for yourself. You need to secure your own oxygen mask before you can be of help to others.

Please take care

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

cath-all the best hon ,i am sure family will come to believe this was a hard decision .

Saw the girls last night at my sons we havent seen them in 2 weeks ,my son only needs us on wednesday morning to get them off to the before school program (we have to be at his house at 6.15 a.m ) around 8.00 to 8.15 a.m .

I need to get my tree down today and still go out for a bit of fruit and yogurt.I may just go to sobeys as its 5 minutes away even thou it is a bit more.

I just feel a bit blah this year,not in the mood for anything .We are going to toronto on sat to see sebastian and my daughter ,plus we bring their xmas tree back here as they dont have any room to store it. At least the weather seems okay .
    Skippy, harbie, barbis9 and 3 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

We have a girls night away planned March 3rd so I just booked the day off work because 2 of us (4 total) are planning to go early in the day and make a day of it. Hotel/Concert (90's show!) good food makes for fun times!
    In my 24 years I didn't take all my vacation time last year but was only allowed to carry over 6 days. When I looked today they carried it all over so I am very happy about that!!! So now I really need to look at the calendar and plan time off! Lots of 4 day weekends is what I like so I better get planning!

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Popped over to dollarama ,stuck to my list only spent $16.00 ,then went to sobeys same plaza .

I got a few good specials at sobeys buy 1 get 1 free schneiders meat pies ,buy 1 get 1 free compliments jello for hubby and buy1 get 1 free powerade plus a few other items ,used 10.00 in scene points and saved 5.50 in cpns.

On clearance table found a small folgers 8.79-50%=4.39-1.50 cpn=2.89 awesome price.

Got my xmas tree down .
    Last edited by coupon girl; Tue, Jan 10th, 2023 at 01:47 PM.
    barbis9, lilo0003 and SassyAshley like this.

Trading Score
    203 (100%)

Dh took me to Under Armour to cheer me up .

I ended up finding 2 pairs of running shorts (biker style) and a jacket. I have a coat that I’ve had for close to 14 years that I bought on Black Friday at JC Penny’s for $40. It’s showing it’s age inside but I still love it so it’s not going anywhere but I wanted something for warmer day and not only winter but still a small puffer style.

1x Performance jacket Reg $195 PAID $78
    1x Bike shorts Reg $35 PAID $17.50
    1x Biker Middy shorts Reg $40 PAID $20

So we spent $166.42 but SAVED $166 and change! Plus got some coupons for February when the new stock comes in.

I will most likely get another of each of the spin a size smaller as I will be in them shortly.

Once the bedding is finished drying and back on the bed I’ll be heading out for a walk since they are calling for rain all week after today . I’ll do the long walk to the Starbucks.

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

Thank you to all for your input which is most appreciated!
    Not much happening today as yesterday landed with my ribs on the bannister. Thankfully not busted but man it smarts(Do not attempt yourself).
    Still no sign of the sun but don’t feel as bad for not being able to have long walk(take your blessings where you can find them!).
    Enjoy the rest of your day my friends!
    Always remember the What are you thankful for today? thread as there always is something to be thankful for.

Page 10 of 31 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 20 ... LastLast

Thread Information