User Tag List

Page 16 of 31 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 18 26 ... LastLast
Like Tree2139Likes

Thread: January 2023 Frugal Chatter Thread -Money shuffle dance time!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Good Morning! The sun is shining but I'm sure it is cold out!

I'm feeling tired today. Had a late night Saturday and napped yesterday around 5 till 8 so I am a little messed up. (And I never nap!)

Just going to take it easy today and what gets done gets done.

I took steak out last night so I will cut it in strips and cook it up this morning. Will make a pot of rice and cook up some veggies.
    Will make a rice bowl for my work lunch tomorrow.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

@Frugalbigmama : thank you
    harbie and SassyAshley like this.
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Kitchen was a mess. DS needs a reminder that he needs to clean up after himself.
    Decided I haven't used the dishwasher in awhile so loaded it up. Will run it at the end of the day.
    Will drop DS off at school and then cook the rice, steak and veggies.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Our corner of the province received quite a bit of freezing rain Saturday night/Sunday morning. So there was no milk at Sobeys when I went shopping in the afternoon. I managed to pick up milk this morning after my appointment.

An old guy hit my van door with his car door while I was parked at Sobeys. I knocked on his window to speak with him about it. He yelled at me that it wouldn’t have happened if I’d parked in the lines he wouldn’t have hit me. He took all the layers of paint off the passenger door handle in one area. I guess I should be glad it wasn’t worse. I took tried to take a picture of his license plate before he drove off, but he was too fast. I didn’t have my cell phone out when I knocked on his window. I thought I got the picture, but I guess my old phone wasn’t fast enough. I have pictures of my van parked where it was, he was the one parked wrong, not me. My vehicles have been hit while parked so many times in this community it’s not possible for me to keep track. I’ve had $2,000+ in damages where People hit and run my parked vehicle.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

While at Home Depot yesterday I saw a 1 cup K cup coffee maker (it also includes filter to add your own coffee grinds.

On clearance for $24.88 (reg price $44.99-59.99)

Decided I would pick it up today and I love it. Brews the coffee quick!

It will pay for itself in no time (ours was tossed last month) So no more take out coffee for me for awhile.
    harbie, barbis9, walkonby and 1 others like this.

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Frugalbigmama View Post
    While at Home Depot yesterday I saw a 1 cup K cup coffee maker (it also includes filter to add your own coffee grinds.

On clearance for $24.88 (reg price $44.99-59.99)

Decided I would pick it up today and I love it. Brews the coffee quick!

It will pay for itself in no time (ours was tossed last month) So no more take out coffee for me for awhile.
    @Frugalbigmama was it the Keurig brand? If so I am a huge fan since getting my first machine in the Fall. It brews way faster than our slowpoke Tassimo machine we have. Enjoly!!!
    harbie, barbis9, lilo0003 and 1 others like this.

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    203 (100%)

I hate parking lots @Angela273. I would have kicked his a car as he drove off! We had a guy hit our bumper in a Costco parking lot. We waited for him to come out and when we informed him of what he did (I had taken several photos before he got there) he denied it. We told him he was actually attached to our bumper with the hexagon screw from his license plate! He actually drove into our space because we left room to load our trunk. Then he said it was because he was in a hurry and had been looking for a parking spot for a really long time. What an excuse! Some people suck!
    Last edited by harbie; Mon, Jan 16th, 2023 at 02:34 PM.

Trading Score
    203 (100%)

Dropped the car off at the mechanic to get the 2 new front tires and rotating the new existing fronts to the rear. They also will replace some lights that are out. Picked up 2 $1 McDonald’s black coffees and added our silk creamer at home.

Dh and I did our weekly bill paying yesterday and we have a $0 balance on our CC’s so perfect for the new tires ( we have that in savings anyways).

We’re headed out for a walk before our real workout.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Ugh, today is just not my day.

I think my subconscious was telling me not to do today.

I woke up just before my alarm went off, normally when that happens, I am happy it starts my day off right. Not today, today I just, I cannot explain it but just felt like I could do today, I was exhausted, I was sore and just uncomfortable. So I went back to sleep until 6:30.

I got up late which threw my day off a little because I had a huge list to tackle today. I needed plan b for dinner because I forgot to take the meat out for the slow cooker yesterday and this recipe takes 8 to 9 hours with defrosted meat so cooking from frozen was not an option. But I was determined to turn it around, I started laundry, and did a few of the simpler things for work knowing crossing things off would get me motivated.

Just as I started working on the first more complex project for work I remembered I need to call my internet provider, oh my gosh, almost 2 hours later nothing was resolved, all I accomplished was having a massive headache and feeling kind of nauseous but that might have been the headache. They just kept talking in circles and were not answering my questions. I talked to 2 different people who I feel were in no way shape or form listening to what I was saying, so I gave up and will have to call back another day.

Then I got a call from work complaining that the "new plan" has not been executed and the information in the system is still wrong. I only became aware of the "new plan" Friday at 11:30 and no I have not started making the changes because I am still trying to lay the changes out and assign what needs to be done to the correct people.

By noon my head was completely spinning and all I wanted to do was go back to bed.

Instead, I am finishing laundry, pulled the stuff for dinner and am working on some of my simpler work tasks that do not need a lot of brain power. I am trying.

Sorry for my rant, it is just one of those days.

Happy Monday, oh it is so a Monday.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

@Angela273 , that is horrible. Sorry it happened to you
    harbie, Angela273, barbis9 and 1 others like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

I am going to go to the gym after work. I need to "wake up" so thinking this is what I need.

Cleaned one bathroom today. Worked on my linen/bathroom closet organizing. The portable table is getting empty and I can see what we have to use up now that it is back in the closet organized.

I also cleaned/washed one of my grocery bins. One is in the vehicle filled with garbage from car that needs to be dumped then washed. I have 3 bins and have decided I won't buy anymore reuseable bags and toss the ones I have as needed.

The sun is nice out today. So many kids walking without jackets!
    harbie, coupon girl and lilo0003 like this.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Out the door today first stop walmart decided to go there as no frills is really far ,walmart is 13 minutes away i spent $69
    so items i got
    3 tubs of small okios was marked down to 1.07
    (1)vector cereal 4.97-1.50 cpn-checkout51=2.24 a box
    folgers large coffee on sale 8.97-1.50=$7.47
    extra strength tylenol on sale 100's 9.67-3.00 cpn=$6.67
    (2) crackell barrell cheese slices 4.50=9.00-4.00 cpn i got in the mail=5.00 or 2.50 each .

plus a few other items i needed not on sale .I noticed the romaine lettuce still high and the single one for 3.99 looked wilted so i bought a bag for 3.49, i saved 11.00 in coupons and 1.25 on checkout 51

then over to canadian tire
    i spent 69.00
    i got a small master chef chopper electric 20.00 reg 30.00 as i have been using my moms with a cracked lid duct taped together i got 25 x the triangle points

i got toilet paper 25 times the points ,cascade for the dishwasher and dishwasher rinse agent ,bleach on sale some franks cashews 25 times the points ,a small tub of playdoh .79 plus 25 times the points plus 5.00 for spending over 50.00 .I got a total of 9.33 in triangle points for a future purchase .

We have to work this system of points no matter the store ,canadian tire ,no frills ,shoppers etc.
    harbie, barbis9, walkonby and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

Happy Birthday @cath007 @Angela273 some drivers suck. My current vehicle is the only one i have ever bought new and day 3 of owning it and some one hit me in the GO train parking lot and then pretended to put a note on it so others would think they did the right thing.
    You would all be so proud of me as I SCOP a product this week so it was a savings of $4.49, it was at RCSS and it took 15 minutes which sadly served to remind me why I rarely bother, but given the price of groceries I will need to do this more often.
    I found vector on sale at SDM for $3.49 so I did the 1.50 coupon and the 1.25 Check our 51 for the limit of 5, hubby's favourite cereal for less than $1.00 a box feels like a huge win.
    harbie, Angela273, barbis9 and 5 others like this.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Frugal savings this week. bought a shirt at Winner's but when I got home I noticed a small hole in the neckline. I took it back and the gave me 1/3 off-otherwise I would have returned it. Had ordered a nightgown from LL Bean from Edmonton as they were sold out in Calgary. Edmonton shipped me pajamas instead so I called our local store who asked me to return it to them and then they would order from Edmonton again. I told them to order it right away and once they had it I would bring the wrong item back. I told them a high end expensive store should offer the customer a discount for their error so she spoke to the manager and refunded 10% back.

Planning to do a bit more part time childcare and cleaning for a family with a huge house-googled their address after I spoke to them. What am I thinking and who the heck needs 6 bathrooms? Anyway once I get the children on the school bus I consider it my paid exercise program rather than going to the gym 4 mornings per week. Let's see if this old, arthritic bod can keep the pace. I think their previous nanny was younger as they said she was returning to school. This money will go in my travel fund as planning some travel this summer.
    Last edited by lizzie bargain; Mon, Jan 16th, 2023 at 06:16 PM.
    harbie, JadeAngel, barbis9 and 2 others like this.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

lizzie -good for you for speaking up about the clothing and getting more of a discount.

I have an old arthritic body and i dont get paid for watching my granddaughters-lol.I am watching them less now only 2 days this week ,wed papa has to get ashlyn off to school and i will watch cara after her hospital visit she goes every 6 months (she was hospitalized a few yrs back )Poor little cara the minute she sees the Mcmaster kids hospital she freaks out.

I started a 1,000 kelloggs puzzle -it has cereal and words all over it paid $4.00 at dollarama ages ago.
    harbie, JadeAngel, barbis9 and 2 others like this.

Page 16 of 31 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 18 26 ... LastLast

Thread Information