User Tag List

Page 17 of 31 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 19 27 ... LastLast
Like Tree2139Likes

Thread: January 2023 Frugal Chatter Thread -Money shuffle dance time!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

We just received our semester 2 timetables. Wow! The principal moved all of the periods around, but we are still teaching the subjects we are supposed to be teaching. Stuff I taught in the morning, I now teach in the afternoon. My prep periods all moved. I’ll have to make completely new pages for my day planner and I’ll have to change what supervision I do. I also need to change when my students check out books at the school’s library and when they work with the Kindergarten class. Oh boy, that’s more than I was expecting.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

@lilo0003: thank you so much for the birthday wish,greatly appreciated !!!
    harbie, lilo0003 and SassyAshley like this.
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Good morning !!!
    Normally I am not a morning person,but my sleep is all mess up those time..grr..Time to get back on track !!!
    Grr the light is broken in the staircase,hope they will fix it soon, because it is not save...And the toilet need to be replaced...the life..
    I already checked the upcoming news flyers...yes a good week for meat sales and a bit of veggies and fruits at least!!!
    But that annoy me is that I want to pm the Super C Olymel bacon @3,99$ at maxi but checked online they dont seems to have it...mmm

Anyone experiance sometimes wanting to pming some products and the other stores just seems to not carry it so you have to make a special trip to the original store? Just curious...??? Super C is at the end of the city...so..

Anyone have heard of @Giseledta..seems to be a while since her last post...

Seems those days if you want to save ,you will need a printer...So many coupons I post are now just printable than mail to home option...

Maybe I will venture to do a little bit of grocery at maxi and cie today..will see how I feel.

Have a wonderful day!!!
    Last edited by cath007; Tue, Jan 17th, 2023 at 06:17 AM.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

@cath007 , I love Price Matching, anytime I can just go to my local store and get my shopping done, I am happy. But it does bring its own challenges. Only one store close to me Price Matches and yes often I run into my store carrying a different brand. Or now, they are back to produce has to have the same country of origin, so last week my lemons were denied because theirs were from the USA and the flyer I was matching said produce of Brazil. They let me Price Match my grapes only because they could not find a country of origin on the bag.

I was just talking to @Giseledta yesterday on Instagram.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Good Morning! We woke up to freezing rain and bus service canceled.

I had to drop DS off at school and then stopped at No Frills to grab a small bag of dog food (its cheaper and I get more then the big bag if I buy 4) Paid with change so it feels free lol. Will grab the big bag at Costco when I hopefully go one night this week or on the weekend. (unless the price has gone up again I will stick with the PC Grain Free Salmon since I do think my dog really likes it...the pieces are smaller and look rich with flavour)

Hope to finally start laundry tonight. Haven't done any since we returned from vacation.

Have a great day everyone!

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

yes, that freezing rain created enough of a precarious pathway and driveway for me. I did my " duck walk " very slowly down both paths sprinkling salt.
    Had to retrieve the recycle bins anyhow so made the path safer for the mailman when he comes by. A quick outing today for me, eventually.
    DD is getting a kitten Thursday evening so I'm hoping to find an inexpensive cat carrier at the Thrift Store when they open, then DH can drop that off along
    with a spare litter box, a few cat toys our lazy guys never touch, 2 tins of food and an unused doggie bed.
    harbie, JadeAngel, barbis9 and 2 others like this.

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Morning,
    It looks like there was freezing rain here last night, the car looks like it is a little icy but I do not think the buses were cancelled, I saw kids walking out to the bus this morning and did not see them come back.

I got a good night's sleep last night which I think was exactly what I needed after my day yesterday. It was not a horrible day yesterday, just challenging. I wish I could say it is dealt with and I do not have to think about it again but there was no resolve yesterday which I think was what got me spinning.

Sometimes dealing with certain companies is an experience and yesterday I just felt no one was listening to what I was asking. The first person I spoke to just wanted to add a mobile phone to our current services. I kept saying no but they just kept looping back to this great deal they could offer me on a wireless phone. The second person just kept trying to add more services to my home phone which we do not even use, we only have it because having it saves me more money in discounts than I pay for it. But whatever, I am going to let it sit for a few days, not think about it and revisit it in a few days.

I pushed and got through my work day yesterday, went in the kitchen to do a few things I did not get done over the weekend, I got butter everywhere cleaned that up and then when I was making my whipped yogurt I put the mixer on low and it went everywhere. The little counter section of my kitchen is now very clean.

Today is a new day and I am trying to combine 2 days into 1. Get caught up on the things I did not get done yesterday plus what I need to do today. I am not letting yesterday throw me off track.

Already knocked out a few things for work, and sent them off for approval. Emptied the dishwasher well I made my breakfast. I am feeling on track, I just need to keep the momentum and focus going. Losing focus is my number one obstacle.

Happy Tuesday
    harbie and walkonby like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Morning sleep is hard to come by,i got woke up from fire truck or whatever this morning at 4.30 a.m and couldnt get back to sleep.At least i didnt stay up went to bed at 9.30.

My grocery budget for the month is less which is great ,using up what we have in freezer .As we need the extra money towards hubby's dental bill when he goes end of this month . Last night meat pie and a few potatoes daughter gave me with my frozen corn .Oh and green giant did get back to me with a problem i had last month and gave me 3 free cpns for canned veggies (awesome).
    harbie, JadeAngel, barbis9 and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

I had in my e-mail a message that I have an appointment with a social worker the january 19,at 9:30 am for 60 minutes.I think it will be great for talking of my anxiety and others things.Just glad it was so fast!!!

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

cath-that is great news

angela -i am always amazed at the thrift deals you get.

Not going out today everything is frozen on my front porch .I dont wish to use rock salt as it ruins cement .

My son just came for a coffee after working out ,i love talking to him one on one .They are going up to huntsville this weekend for a 2 day winter getaway with the girls .

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Some of the new upcoming Ontario sale flyers are posted.
    A few deals I see

One thing for sure I am picking up is a few cases of water for summer road trips We are good for drinking water from the tap at home and I always fill up my water bottle when I leave the house but that is not always an option when traveling.
    My BIL told me the 24pk of water he bought when we were in Florida was $7 US!!
    harbie, JadeAngel, barbis9 and 3 others like this.

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

@Frugalbigmama , I do not know the price but I recently saw (maybe on Facebook) someone saying that Costco has an amazing price for cases of water.

We always keep a case on hand just in case our water is off. We have had it a couple of times where the main water has been shut off in error instead of just the water to one house. We always drink tap water and take out water bottles but when you come home with an empty bottle and discover the water is off. So we keep an emergency case on hand.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by SassyAshley View Post
    @Frugalbigmama, I do not know the price but I recently saw (maybe on Facebook) someone saying that Costco has an amazing price for cases of water.

We always keep a case on hand just in case our water is off. We have had it a couple of times where the main water has been shut off in error instead of just the water to one house. We always drink tap water and take out water bottles but when you come home with an empty bottle and discover the water is off. So we keep an emergency case on hand.
    Thanks I have bought a case from there before so I will have to check out the price next time I am there.
    barbis9 and SassyAshley like this.

Trading Score
    203 (100%)

You got this @lizzie bargain . Crazy how much some people have. I’ve had homes with just 5 bathrooms but one was the size of 3 regular ones and and elevator! Sweetest people though.
    @coupon girl hopefully your grand daughter isn’t too scared this time. Poor girl. Hugs

Congrats grandma @walkonby
    @Angela273 sounds like a pain and a big job.
    @cath007 I will occasionally pm at RCSS from say NF but usually I pm at Save on Foods. They are the best. The only issue I had was a cashier saying I couldn’t pm and use a coupon. I spoke with a manager and she said the cashier was wrong and since then it’s been fine.
    That’s great that you can talk to someone

Sounds awful for those with freezing rain. Guess I can’t complain about just regular rain now. Hope everyone has a great day

Trading Score
    203 (100%)

It’s a slow day here today. A bit of laundry needs to be done and I’ll tidy the front hall table. Maybe a light vacuum but that’s it.

I'm going to make mashed potatoes this morning and prep the brussel sprouts for tonight’s dinner. I have a frozen “turkey” that I’ve been meaning to make. So tonight’s a full on “turkey” dinner.

I’m going to make time for a workout. I ran my 5k yesterday in 40 min ( which is huge for me since the injury/heart issue) . Not going to run that far as technically it should be a rest day but I’ll do strength and a little run ( I love that runners high!)

Going to check out the veggie sales coming up.

Page 17 of 31 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 19 27 ... LastLast

Thread Information