User Tag List

Page 18 of 31 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 20 28 ... LastLast
Like Tree2139Likes

Thread: January 2023 Frugal Chatter Thread -Money shuffle dance time!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by harbie View Post
    I will occasionally pm at RCSS from say NF but usually I pm at Save on Foods. They are the best. The only issue I had was a cashier saying I couldn’t pm and use a coupon. I spoke with a manager and she said the cashier was wrong and since then it’s been fine.
    Too bad there isn't more consistency nationwide. I find my RCSS the most flexible with Price-Match while Sav-On is one of the most restrictive. My local Sav-On locations will only match certain major stores and only within a 5km radius (only on days without an R or days that are divisible by 7). They pretty much do as little as possible in order to say that they 'Price-Match' without really matching prices. What customer is going to know/care the distance from a competitor? I file them under "too much of a PitA to deal with them" and take my business elsewhere.
    harbie, barbis9 and lilo0003 like this.
    My food may not befit a king, but I eat like a horse.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Harbie -my son said she is okay with the hospital now that she is 5 ,she calls it "jelly on her belly" as she is having an ultrasound done on wednesday ,then she asks her mommy for a treat in the gift shop .I am so glad she doesnt cry anymore or gets upset.

Trading Score
    203 (100%)

@HermanH very frustrating. Luckily my save on is awesome and the best part is RCSS, Safeway, WM are all within a 2-3 block radius form each other so they can’t pull that with me. NF is the only one a 10min drive away. I find RCSS just makes me feel like I’m doing something wrong every time I try to PM to NF or anyone else.
    @coupon girl I’m glad she’s not scared anyone. It must be frightening for a kiddo to have to go to the hospital. Jelly belly…. Ha that’s too cute. I have jelly belly but I’m betting it’s a different kind

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Lots of updates and goings on. I lucked out and bought DD a large cat carrier from The Thrift Store this morning for $7.10 ( tax included! ) lol Turns out it is Senior's Day ( every Tuesday apparently ? ), no wonder the store was packed with slow moving customers. The bottom of the hard carrier is pink! The kitten DD is getting is a girl...sweet.

I broke down and bought fresh produce items for DD and her BF as they don't get many sales in the downtown area. Price matched an entire giant cauliflower and some berries, bought asparagus, green onions and many other of her favourite yummies. Some things I just grabbed a few from what I already had in the fridge here.
    Skippy, harbie, JadeAngel and 6 others like this.

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

Sassy, my No Frills does the same thing and yet half the time their own product is a different country of origin than the flyer. RCSS here is great and if I am pm and they know I did not pick the best match they will tell me and use that store.
    I have been using the produce we have on hand and DS2 went back to school with al, the bananas and grapes so today it was oranges for my snack. I now have out the fruit in a bowl because I am weird and I don’t like cold fruit and when it’s on the counter I remember to snack on that.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Since it is wednesday,dont forgot to save yours 4 favorites pc offers if you dont plan to go shopping today I just did mine( fresh pork,nescafé,marzetti dip and blueberries )
    Skippy, harbie, Angela273 and 4 others like this.
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

FOOD BASICS (ON) has 3pk Romaine hearts on for $2.98 starting tomorrow!!
    Tomorrow we will have taco salad!! Woohoo!
    Skippy, harbie, Angela273 and 4 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Good Morning! Grey wet day here today. The good news is that the snow on our roof has disappeared.
    I can see my neighbours grass on their front yard.

Have a great day!

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Afternoon Everyone,
    I feel like this is so much going on right now and honestly just feeling overstimulated.

I am trying my best to stay focused and get things done. I had a super great work day yesterday, things I thought were going to take me all week I got done yesterday.

Last night we had Dinner with Bro and his fiancee for Mom's bday. We split the cost of Take-Out and tried a new restaurant I had been seeing good reviews for on Facebook. Mom has been commenting that she has not had Swarmara in years and that is this restaurant's specialty and it is down the road from one of our branches. They were HUGE portions and was actually quite reasonably priced.

Today, I am trying to get all of the things done. I did not get as much done around the house yesterday so trying to get caught up on that and get all of the work things done.

The last load of bedding is in the dryer now but beds still need to be made. One of the couch blankets has been washed, I feel the other one, one of my repairs has come undone so I need to fix it again before I wash it. My plan is after work I will fix the blanket and tomorrow morning I can wash it and vacuum the couches.

Bathroom has been cleaned but still need to do the floor.

Thinking tonight will be Breakfast for dinner, keep it simple, we had a large lunch a little late so we are not getting hungry yet. Thinking of Pancakes with some of the Bacon I made on the weekend.

Happy Wednesday
    Skippy, harbie, barbis9 and 1 others like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by barbis9 View Post
    I heard Bed, Bath and Beyond maybe declaring bankruptcy.
    It'd be the US side. I heard this item in December as well-or rather it was a headline running on the bottom of the screen during a morning show.
    As I have cautioned last month, don't order online with Cdn BBB unless you like waiting. Your item might be coming from the US side to the Cdn store fulfilling your order.
    harbie, barbis9, cath007 and 1 others like this.
    "This is the Way." The Mandalorian

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

@Ciel21 : Glad to see you are okaie and online today

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

I noticed in my pc offers that I dont have so many good offers lately....And no more cumulative points offers,wub 150$ or that kind.Probably because I spend less those weeks at Maxi and cie..That is desapointing.
    harbie, barbis9 and SassyAshley like this.

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Change in plans for Dinner, when I said Breakfast for Dinner, Mom said she would prefer Eggs and Bacon so that is what we having with some Breakfast Potatoes using Shredded Potatoes.

On my lunch today I ran out to run some errands. Because my schedule had changed for the week, I did not fill my car up so went to fill it up to take advantage of the Spend $10 get 1,000 pcs points.

Well, I was out, I checked the mail, ran to the drugstore to grab a specific cream for Mom and went to the bank. Discovered I had some old investments from back when they sold you them on paper and you had to go to the bank to cash them, they do not renew, so I took care of those. Nice to see how things have changed and now they call or email when you need to re-invest.

Time to relax, as tomorrow I have a few things I must take care of as they have to be done by the end of the week and my schedule is pretty full on Friday so better to get them done early.
    harbie, barbis9 and lizzie bargain like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Frugalbigmama View Post
    FOOD BASICS (ON) has 3pk Romaine hearts on for $2.98 starting tomorrow!!
    Tomorrow we will have taco salad!! Woohoo!
    @Frugalbigmama I am also excited about the price of the Romaine hearts . We love our salad
    Skippy, harbie and barbis9 like this.

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Morning Everyone,
    For some reason, my body decided to be wide awake at 4 am this morning. I did not get up right away, seeing 4 days in a day is always a challenge so instead of getting up right away, I read a chapter in the book I am reading, organized and planned my grocery shopping and just enjoyed the silence.

There are a few good deals to be had this week but price matching is not going to work this week so it is to all the stores I go kind of week.

I am not sure if it is because I just generally do not shop at Sobey's or Freshco but I am not sure about the Scene+ program. I will collect the points and take advantage of the member's pricing and it may just be me but I am not sure it will compare to PC Points. Not sure I see Freshco becoming my preferred store, just feel like I get more out of PC Points.

Yes, one of the things I did before I got up was look at the scene app and see what this week's offers were like.

Today is going to be a busy day, I have to write a training plan and set up a system to help someone who is struggling. It is going to be interesting, I always forget just how long it takes me to write a training plan. Plus, setting up a system for one person is always a unique circumstance. I am feeling a little bit of pressure but I know I got this.

Happy Thursday everyone.
    Last edited by SassyAshley; Thu, Jan 19th, 2023 at 06:41 AM.

Page 18 of 31 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 20 28 ... LastLast

Thread Information