User Tag List

Page 23 of 31 FirstFirst ... 13 21 22 23 24 25 ... LastLast
Like Tree2139Likes

Thread: January 2023 Frugal Chatter Thread -Money shuffle dance time!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

OK, today was field trip day (baby gear/apparel after all those Youtube videos I have watched). Babies R US store did not have all of what I was interested in-did spot one baby registry item in stock. Best find was wall of 4-5 different pacifier brands (orthodontic pacificers)!

$2.80 in can/bottle refund (thought I may as well cash in). Did quick side trips to Dollar Tree & Winners on Upper James. Walked to Rymal stop and just missed one bus. Trotted over to library branch about 15min away-no money/treasure finds. No notificiation on order item 2 while I was online for 25min. Hmm.

Staples does not seem to stock the box of Bic Atlantis retractable pens (12s) but I decided to make most of trip-got 2pk of Staedler yellow highlighters (wanted the 4 pk of colours but $8.29 was too rich for me today) for $4.99 and a 2yr planner for Mom for $10.99. THen to Lime Ridge Mall. Found a satin long sleeve top for $25 at Urban Behaviour. Did quick stops at Coles, The Bay (found two baby gear items to explore, so I was thrilled; some Mango items-rather pricey but Mango Woman fans in size 44 can score some jeans on the racks in-store), and Taco Bell (combo box as I was hungry). Then a short visit to Chapters where I found out my second item did come in so I got my blanket and pacifier case! MIssed local bus. Waited for another bus and walked 10min to library.

So was my day. Ms SUnshine was out-hurrah!!
    "This is the Way." The Mandalorian

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

When I was watching the flyers to chase the deals for today,I noticed IGA is selling now or was this before and I did not noticed I dont really know...Activia 2kg yogurt for 10,99$ and Oikos Greek 1,5 kg for 10,99$ ...but I think it is only the plain flavor and a in sale price this week because maxi and cie is 12,99$ for the Oikos Greek plain....But for smooties could be great and cheaper as I dont go to Costco for now... (they are famillial size)

Noticed they where a lots of imperfect fruits and veggies in stock choice at my maxi and cie..good to know..I saw ..in the frozen fruits..blueberries,raspberries,.strawberries,berr ies mix,tropical mix and mangos...happy to know that!!!
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Trading Score
    203 (100%)

Thanks everyone. The eyebrows are itchy but the redness has eased. I had bought some aloe gel from the Body Shop at that seems to have helped. I’m going to put more on this evening. I would have complained but didn’t really notice the wax bits until I was out of the mall and in the car. I thought I was just red. Oh well, I’ll never go back. Lesson learned, go with your gut instincts.

I splurged today and bought 2 bouquets from Costco that came in a vase. One for my mom cause I love her and just wanted to brighten her day since she pulled a muscle around her ribs and it’s bothering her. The other was for my brother and SIL. They had to say goodbye to their pupper Jan 8th and after giving them some time to adjust and for me to get it together (I’m still grieving my baby) I wanted to drop something off. They were really beautiful.

Funny thing is that this was probably the most real and honest conversation I’ve had with her in the 28 years I’ve known her. I left feeling positive about the future of our relationship and that’s a good thing.

Made a plate of veggies, naan and hummus with balsamic vinegar so I’m counting that as dinner .

Hopefully the sun makes an appearance here soon. I’m needing the warmth from it. Have a great night everyone

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Good Morning! We are getting snow! I shoveled the driveway while waiting for DS. Love doing it when the temp is 0. Fresh air!

Came into the office early. Which is good since DS has an ortho appt later. (follow up after his braces have been removed)

Dinner- Fend for yourself night. There is still leftovers in the fridge. Pork chops/steak/chicken, rice and green beans.
    Whatever is left tomorrow I will add and make fried rice with. (I will make another pot of rice) DS loves fried rice so its a great way to use up leftover meat/veggies.

Have a great day!

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Morning,
    I have to step out this afternoon so I got up and got ready this morning, just felt like if I did not I would be rushing around right before I have to leave. Will just need to do my hair once it dries.

My plans for dinner kind of fell apart but it is my own fault. I completely forgot to take out the Pork Roast I was planning to put in the Slow Cooker. I got up late this morning and it was too late to take it out then. Will need to come up with a plan B.

I did not get as much done yesterday as I had hoped and I am feeling a little behind today, lots of work and house things to get done but nothing unreasonable. I am not sure why, I am just feeling off so far this week. Yesterday I just chalked it up to an off day but today I am feeling the same and I am not sure why. Yes, I have things to get done but it is nothing out of the norm. It is weird but I am hoping if I push through today, and get the things done whatever is making me feel off will go away.

It was snowing a few minutes ago but it had already stopped. They are saying this storm will hit us on Wednesday going into Thursday.

Happy Tuesday
    Skippy, harbie, barbis9 and 3 others like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Harbie how kind of you flowers cheer everybody up.Wish my dear mom was still here.

I will get a walk in today before the storm on wednesday ,at least i have a fridge full of food .

Cleaned my burners on the stove and put new liners in (yes i have an old school burner top stove) had the ceramic for about 8 yrs after we moved in the oven door shattered about 8 yrs in ,plus i hated the ceramic stove top .

Have the dish washer going and a load of laundry in the wash .
    Now to relax and do my puzzle.
    Skippy, harbie, barbis9 and 3 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by coupon girl View Post
    Harbie how kind of you flowers cheer everybody up.Wish my dear mom was still here.

I will get a walk in today before the storm on wednesday ,at least i have a fridge full of food .

Cleaned my burners on the stove and put new liners in (yes i have an old school burner top stove) had the ceramic for about 8 yrs after we moved in the oven door shattered about 8 yrs in ,plus i hated the ceramic stove top .

Have the dish washer going and a load of laundry in the wash .
    Now to relax and do my puzzle.
    Our plan is to stay close to home as well the next few days with this pending storm. I have enough at home to keep me busy.

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by harbie View Post
    Then off to the mall for my eyebrows to be done. Horrible experience. Couldn’t see properly in the store but when I got to the car I saw she left wax all over! Not interested in going back (ever) I went home to clean it and apply aloe since it’s beyond red and fire hot. Yuck.
    OUCH! This was the post I had to go back and read about. @harbie isn't this the way? We try to do 1 small nice thing for ourselves and this is the experience we get? Not cool.
    I have only had THAT procedure done once and I will never go back either. Truth be told I no longer think eyebrows need pruning, waxing, plucking or removed and drawn in!
    That's just me though.
    Skippy, harbie, Tweets77 and 4 others like this.

babies teach us acceptance

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

As always, I always hope these storms miss us but if they do not, I am not scheduled to be anywhere and have tons of computer work to do for work.

We are stocked up on groceries so if I do not make it to the store, it is what it is, but I do see a few sales I would not mind grabbing but they may have to wait until next week.

So right now the plan is, to focus on all of the work things curled up under a blanket and tackle a few house things. Then possibly spend the weekend digging out.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Upcoming Gas/Point deal in Ontario flyers

Esso/Mobile Jan 26-29. 2000 PC PTS when you spend $20 or more on fuel.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Noticed before tossing new shirt into washer with new blanket-no extra buttons. Today while getting ready to iron same shirt-one button missing from a cuff. Second button needs restitching. So I took bottom front button to use on cuff and put charcoal gray shiny button with two holes (all my small black buttons in sewing area have 4 holes, alas) in its place and put the black button on the cuff. I still have to take time to cut off button with dangling thread and restitch it later.

Fit of top is a bit snug but I love the feeling of the top! Top button is not quite at top of shirt, so there's a vague gap a la 1970s style at the collar. Whatever-the fabric print makes me happy. Plan to wear out the shirt during winter.

Small blanket is a perfect lap blanket and yes it helps with warmth! Tried out blanket while watching morning shows after 7am. Glad I went after the deal! Saving a return visit for Friday or Sat after weather calms down. Noticed next two weeks we have temps below -10C as lows-that's the typical late January weather coming late! At least I have 4 magazines at home from yesterday's trip to get me through no Internet for the next two days-bought some tea today on walk as I'm low and Food Basics does not have Twinings English Breakfast so made do with Lemon & Ginger!

Yesterday morning, I really did have enough muffin mix to make 11 more muffins (never get 12 out of other batch) for breakfast! That was so good-had muffins in am and some again after 7:30pm (I was hungry again). Noticed that Fortinos has restocked on other varieties as only two options were on shelves when I bought my mix on weekend. Think I need to do this again-love the outcome of warm muffins with tea in the morning!

I prepped two small butternut squashes for future casserole. Good timing-one squash was starting to turn! Maybe tonight's the night to cook the lot and also cook some rice with bouillion cube (chicken) to save some morning time for breakfast tomorrow. Had oatmeal today-jazzed it up with some cocoa, spices and brown sugar and lots of milk (hey, I refrained from buying that Snickers bar at the Staples cash desk yesterday despite staring at the display for minutes...)
    Last edited by Ciel21; Sat, Jan 28th, 2023 at 03:00 PM.
    Skippy, harbie, barbis9 and 2 others like this.
    "This is the Way." The Mandalorian

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

Good day my friends! Always encouraging to see the usual familiar faces,shout out to @Ciel21 for popping in with the latest.Bonus points for her weather posts!
    I see the upcoming No Frills flyer has been posted and indeed I will need to stand on my head to figure out the bonus points and pricing.Kudos to those who need not do so!
    Pondering my shopping in light of the dumping we're apparently going to get.Thinking maybe a top off tomorrow a.m. and then let further shopping wait till all clear.
    Not looking forward to the snow(although it does look nice and buffers sound)but hey what we've had so far is not normal so bring it on.
    Beast on sale from Fresh Co was excellent as was Chicken on sale from No Frills. Used Crock Pot (aka slow cooker) for both but not at same time ha,ha..
    Enjoy your evening and make sure you're stocked up for the upcoming storm! Blessings my friends!
    harbie, JadeAngel, barbis9 and 4 others like this.
    Always remember the What are you thankful for today? thread as there always is something to be thankful for.

Trading Score
    203 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by walkonby View Post
    Truth be told I no longer think eyebrows need pruning, waxing, plucking or removed and drawn in!
    That's just me though.
    Id like to but otherwise I end up looking like I have 2 scraggly pieces of electrical tape .

Hubby said it kinda looks like a Cling on from Star Trek because now I have these welt like bumps. Gotta love his honesty. Actually I agree.
    Weird thing is I’ve had minor reactions before but not this bad. Thank goodness for aloe gel.

Spent a large portion of the day making a quad batch of garden bolognese, prepping the veggies for the loafs I’m making tomorrow. Trying to batch cook for the freezer to help with weekday meals. Plus I’ve shopped the sales so that also helps.

Figuring out what my workout plan is for today while my dinner settles.

Still have a bit of laundry left but not much.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Life continues to be crazy. It is semester change, so my 4 high school classes are writing final exams that I created. I teach in a K-12 school, so I continue to teach the other classes while doing final exams and report cards for my high school courses. The next semester starts in exactly one week.

I have had a cough for 1.5wks. I was able to see the local doctor today. I have pneumonia. The doctor prescribed strong antibiotics, but I still need to take 1/2 day off work in order to travel and get a chest x-ray. My chest and body hurt. There is a lack of substitute teachers, but I was able to arrange a sub.
    Skippy, harbie, JadeAngel and 6 others like this.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Trading Score
    203 (100%)

That’s awful @Angela273 I hope you feel better soon

Page 23 of 31 FirstFirst ... 13 21 22 23 24 25 ... LastLast

Thread Information